+ Reply to Thread
Page 117 of 602 FirstFirst ... 17 42 67 92 107 115 116 117 118 119 127 142 167 192 217 ... LastLast
Results 2,321 to 2,340 of 12027

Thread: Quick questions / Quick answers -- EU3

Small question about PU's and inheritence.
    Playing as Castille I have a "claim throne" on one af my, minor one province, neighbours (don't know which one right now). Yet when I hover over the king of this nation it says Naples wil inherit the throne, Why is this? Naples has NOT claimed the throne.
    Is this something with next inline to the ruling king. Then why does is switch to PU, or even inherit, for me at some points and back to Naples again??!

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Rome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The Republic
    Crusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

More than one country may have claims. Unless you force your claim it is entirely possible that Naples or someone else may inheirit, form a PU, In fact it is also possible that the country in question will get its own ruler.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEast India Company
    Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold WarSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria II: A House Divided
    Rome: Vae Victis500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res Publica

Someone have time to paste the dutch ostindian decision/mission bonuses and the hansa trade bonuses? I'm at work wanna go home and game
    Please developers make the German flag prettier, the graphics looks like crap compared to the Brandenburg, Prussian or similar Aachen flag.

http://eu4wiki.com/Europa_Universalis_4_Wiki

Quote Originally Posted by nestorius View Post
    More than one country may have claims.
    I'm the only one with a claim to the throne so far. Country in question does have several royal marriages but only one claim from me. That should give me a PU/inherit until an Heir standsup (other claim is done). Or am I wrong...

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Rome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The Republic
    Crusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

A claim to the throne is a casus belli, it isnt a guarantee that you get the throne. In most cases though if you do the claim throne it will state that you will get a PU or inheirit but not always.

It's the reason why you can have succession wars. Basically you claim throne and someone else also does. you both end up in a war for the throne.

What makes a personal union end? I have positive over 100 relations and a heir with strong claim but I do have negative prestige.

When my current king dies my union (im senior) always ends (Itried reloading to see what happens) what couses this?

academic outlaw Moderator safferli's Avatar
    DiplomacyV2 BetaHoi 2 BetaEU3 Collectors EditionEUIV: Call to arms event

Quote Originally Posted by Daunus View Post
    What makes a personal union end? I have positive over 100 relations and a heir with strong claim but I do have negative prestige.

When my current king dies my union (im senior) always ends (Itried reloading to see what happens) what couses this?
    You must have higher Prestige than your lesser union part, I believe.
    When I speak in regal, manly grey I do so as a moderator.
    Never publicly comment or answer to a moderation post. Please write a PM (see Rule #2 of the Forum Rules).

--
    How to give a proper man-to-man hug

Ireland's Teardrop -- EU3 DW Munster/Ireland AAR. Follow the story of Munster, taking over the entire North American continent!
    Rule Helvetia! Helvetia Rule the Waves... -- Victoria 2 beta AAR. Watch Switzerland defeat the British Royal Navy... or die trying!
    What if the Pope had 200,000 men? -- A Papal States EU3 1.3 aar (abandoned/finished after owning 70% of the world)

Quote Originally Posted by safferli View Post
    You must have higher Prestige than your lesser union part, I believe.
    I dont think thats it im 90% certain that my partner had even lower prestige then me, afterall we were involved in the same loosing wars lol

Quote Originally Posted by Daunus View Post
    I dont think thats it im 90% certain that my partner had even lower prestige then me, afterall we were involved in the same loosing wars lol
    It could be that you need positive Prestige as well, not 100% sure. But it's definitely a Prestige thing.
    Never publicly comment or answer to a moderation post. Please write a PM (see Rule #2 of the Forum Rules).

--

Ireland's Teardrop -- EU3 DW Munster/Ireland AAR. Follow the story of Munster, taking over the entire North American continent!
    Rule Helvetia! Helvetia Rule the Waves... -- Victoria 2 beta AAR. Watch Switzerland defeat the British Royal Navy... or die trying!
    What if the Pope had 200,000 men? -- A Papal States EU3 1.3 aar (abandoned/finished after owning 70% of the world)

Yes you need to have a positive prestige to maintain Personal Unions. Noticed this just yesterday.

Hi guys

Quick question. In my holland game i swiched to the netherlands. this gave me the option to form the east indian trading company. All I needed was a far east trade port. So I got this and the little flag came up at the top of the screen telling me the decision was makeable, so to speak. Only when I whent into the missions and decisions screen it wasn't. It told me that the port had to be owned by holland. Is there anyway to rectify this obvious bug?

Quote Originally Posted by Blodstyrtning View Post
    Hi guys

Quick question. In my holland game i swiched to the netherlands. this gave me the option to form the east indian trading company. All I needed was a far east trade port. So I got this and the little flag came up at the top of the screen telling me the decision was makeable, so to speak. Only when I whent into the missions and decisions screen it wasn't. It told me that the port had to be owned by holland. Is there anyway to rectify this obvious bug?
    Try a save-reload after a TAG change. As the Netherlands, you should have the Oostindische Compagnie anyway (sp?), you cannot enact the East Indian Trade Company as The Netherlands.

--

save reload helped. thx safferli

Quote Originally Posted by Blodstyrtning View Post
    save reload helped. thx safferli
    Great. It's always a good advice to save-reload after a tag change. It helps the game "reboot" with the new tags, I believe.

--

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest Hour
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Majesty 2Victoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Rise of Prussia500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by silktrader View Post
    Look for them in:
    $DRIVE:\Users\$USERNAME\Appdata\Local\VirtualStore \Program Files\$EU_FOLDER\savegames
    thanks it was there, but why? they have been in teh normal folder every other time for the last 3 years I've had this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattabesta View Post
    thanks it was there, but why? they have been in teh normal folder every other time for the last 3 years I've had this game.
    Ask Windows. Check the tech support forum sticky for links and explanations to Windows compatibility files.

--

A Game of DwarvesCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagickaMarch of the Eagles
    Semper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Mount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Does HttT run on a Mac? Steam states that up to In Nominie it worked for both operating systems, but HttT just shows as Windows-only. Is it a oversight from Steam's part?

Sergeant
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

How is it that Scotland can magically (or so it seems) summon up stacks of 15 in the Highlands? (DW, latest betapatch)

Quote Originally Posted by 24jel View Post
    How is it that Scotland can magically (or so it seems) summon up stacks of 15 in the Highlands? (DW, latest betapatch)
    The regiments are generated by event. It is part of a range of measures to stop England annexing Scotland by 1450. I have never seen a 15 stack though...

Sergeant
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Quote Originally Posted by Keinwyn View Post
    The regiments are generated by event. It is part of a range of measures to stop England annexing Scotland by 1450. I have never seen a 15 stack though...
    Well, I just conquered the province! *evil laugh*

+ Reply to Thread