+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 602 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 46 71 96 121 ... LastLast

Thread: Quick questions / Quick answers -- EU3

Emperor Demi Moderator Marconius's Avatar
    A Game of DwarvesCities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDungeonland
    Europa Universalis 3Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLeviathan: Warships
    MagickaEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionSengokuSword of the StarsSword of the Stars II
    Victoria 2Warlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the Roses500k clubEuropa Universalis IV
    Magicka: Wizard Wars Starter WizardWarlock 2: The Exiled

I'm currently playing a game as a HRE country and I have a small problem. Basically, my vassals (there are a lot of them) have a bad habit of getting their armies stuck in places other than their own land (usually in the provinces of my other vassals); this is an issue because sometimes they can't join in on wars and they can't really take care of any rebels that might pop up on their lands either.

Is there any way to solve this issue? Apart from linking all my vassals together, I mean.

Mushroom Korps Field Marshal OrangeYoshi's Avatar
    200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneIron CrossLegio
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Marconius View Post
    I'm currently playing a game as a HRE country and I have a small problem. Basically, my vassals (there are a lot of them) have a bad habit of getting their armies stuck in places other than their own land (usually in the provinces of my other vassals); this is an issue because sometimes they can't join in on wars and they can't really take care of any rebels that might pop up on their lands either.

Is there any way to solve this issue? Apart from linking all my vassals together, I mean.
    Typically you can keep the war going for a few months after the provinces are occupied and your vassals will return to their own lands. Other than that, there really isn't too much you can do... Although I thought that Paradox allowed AI armies to walk in any territory for like 6 months after they finish a war?
    On Ubik: "HE GETS TO BE SMUG AFTER CARVING THE FACE OF PERFECTION USING THE SPOON OF INSPIRATION UPON THE BUTTOCKS OF AN ANGEL"

────── OrangeYoshi's Newbie Sig Information Center: Help is just a click away... ──────
    EU3 Wiki lll Paradox Acronyms lll FAQ Forum lll General FAQ lll Siege FAQ lll Patrolling Guidelines
    No Time Limit Mod lll Quick Questions Quick Answers

Your advice has saved me a bit of cash because my current army is 23,000 which I imagine is because I am the HRE. Maybe I should be warring but I am not so I have put my maintenance down to 10% to save a few ducats.

It looks like the whole world wants to marry me at the moment, is it meant to be relentless in this respect? I have no heir either so I am worried someone of the marriages I have accepted (about 50%) will want my throne when he croaks.

If I click a bottom left hand corner box can I minimise it again and leave the decision till later?

Emperor Demi Moderator Marconius's Avatar
    A Game of DwarvesCities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDungeonland
    Europa Universalis 3Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLeviathan: Warships
    MagickaEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionSengokuSword of the StarsSword of the Stars II
    Victoria 2Warlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the Roses500k clubEuropa Universalis IV
    Magicka: Wizard Wars Starter WizardWarlock 2: The Exiled

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeYoshi View Post
    Typically you can keep the war going for a few months after the provinces are occupied and your vassals will return to their own lands. Other than that, there really isn't too much you can do... Although I thought that Paradox allowed AI armies to walk in any territory for like 6 months after they finish a war?
    I think they can for a few months, but apparently sometimes that's not enough. Guess there really isn't much to do then, thanks for the help.

Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackadder V View Post
    It looks like the whole world wants to marry me at the moment, is it meant to be relentless in this respect? I have no heir either so I am worried someone of the marriages I have accepted (about 50%) will want my throne when he croaks.
    Yes it is meant to be relentless, and yes, some nation may try to claim your throne if you don't have an heir.

If I click a bottom left hand corner box can I minimise it again and leave the decision till later?
    No, you can't minimize it and you auto-decline if you don't give a response after one month.
    On Ubik: "HE GETS TO BE SMUG AFTER CARVING THE FACE OF PERFECTION USING THE SPOON OF INSPIRATION UPON THE BUTTOCKS OF AN ANGEL"

────── OrangeYoshi's Newbie Sig Information Center: Help is just a click away... ──────
    EU3 Wiki lll Paradox Acronyms lll FAQ Forum lll General FAQ lll Siege FAQ lll Patrolling Guidelines

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis IV

never mind. Tried to answer the wrong question.
    ----
    Working for a living...

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

I have a question: many people talk of PU everybody, but for the life of me I can't figure how to do it. I do check the Contested (Disputed?) Throne list, and Marry off my relative to them but usually nothing come out of it and I can't fabricate claim of the throne...

I consider myself rather experienced so this is rather vexing me...

What then would be the proper procedure from marriage with a contested throne to forcing a PU?

Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by alexender00 View Post
    I have a question: many people talk of PU everybody, but for the life of me I can't figure how to do it. I do check the Contested (Disputed?) Throne list, and Marry off my relative to them but usually nothing come out of it and I can't fabricate claim of the throne...

I consider myself rather experienced so this is rather vexing me...

What then would be the proper procedure from marriage with a contested throne to forcing a PU?
    Just RM a lot of nations, and claim a throne when they have an heir with a weak claim. Just DOW them right after you claim their throne, enforce a PU, and wait.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeYoshi View Post
    Just RM a lot of nations, and claim a throne when they have an heir with a weak claim. Just DOW them right after you claim their throne, enforce a PU, and wait.
    Or fabricate claims.

what is the national dicision "Hall of Worthy" worth? it costs u 4 magistrate + 50 coins and gives 1 culture tradition for next 10 years. ??? can't u use that 4 magistrate in exchange with 20 culture tradition instaltly without any cost?

and some advanced cannons(especially ones tagged "light") are weaker than the same tech groups' non advanced cannons. is there any hardcoded effect thos light cannon has?

Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by highsis View Post
    what is the national dicision "Hall of Worthy" worth? it costs u 4 magistrate + 50 coins and gives 1 culture tradition for next 10 years. ??? can't u use that 4 magistrate in exchange with 20 culture tradition instaltly without any cost?
    Not all the cultural decisions are worth their weight in magistrates. However, the +1 cultural tradition can be a very beneficial factor over 10 years if you constantly recruit advisors.

and some advanced cannons(especially ones tagged "light") are weaker than the same tech groups' non advanced cannons. is there any hardcoded effect thos light cannon has?
    Again: No.

Just a question of alliances in IN.

I am Arragon, I am allied with Portugal. Portugal is allied with Castille.

Portugal (War leader), Myself and Castille are at war with Morocco.

I notice that Castille has nearly no army left, so decided to attack them.

I was just wondering, what decision would Portugal face in that scenario? Would they still get called to Arms? I was expecting them to side with castille, but in my game they did not join the war on either side, nor lose the alliances for failing to answer the call.

Because they were war leaders (and allied) with both of us, did they somehow avoid the call to arms?

Crusader Kings IIDungeonlandEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagicka
    March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEUIV: Call to arms eventEuropa Universalis IVWarlock 2: The Exiled
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
    Crusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India
    Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Quote Originally Posted by Militaris View Post
    Because they were war leaders (and allied) with both of us, did they somehow avoid the call to arms?
    I think he got the call to arms from both of you, but decided to ignore them. I don't think you can avoid a call to arms.

Is the idea Unam Sanctam (You require no Casus Beli against heretics) somehow bugged in DW or are there hidden requirements to it?

I had the idea chosen for over a century and it "worked" as normal. Now I suddenly and without a reason I could discern got the message that I lost the Holy War CB against all Infidels. What the hell happened? I need that CB to conquer Asia with relatively little infamy cost.

Quote Originally Posted by KaioShin View Post
    Is the idea Unam Sanctam (You require no Casus Beli against heretics) somehow bugged in DW or are there hidden requirements to it?

I had the idea chosen for over a century and it "worked" as normal. Now I suddenly and without a reason I could discern got the message that I lost the Holy War CB against all Infidels. What the hell happened? I need that CB to conquer Asia with relatively little infamy cost.
    it expires in 1650, then you will get imperialism instead later...
    no bugs, you know, at some point in history, whole idea of Holy War began to sound as ridiculous as it should have in first place

Oh that makes sense. I understand why it's done, it would have just been nice to get a warning from the game somehow to plan for this in advance. I'd have expanded more aggressively if I had known, Imperialism only has 50% instead of 25% infamy cost.

Well thanks for clearning that up for me

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    DungeonlandEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLead and GoldThe Kings Crusade
    MagickaMajesty II CollectionRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Sword of the StarsThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Mount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the RosesPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The Republic
    Crusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

I own Antwerp has the Hansa, how do i devalue Antwerp so i can remove it as a CoT to force more people to trade in Lubeck?
    Worst WritAAR series:
    Saruhan-Annexed
    Avignon-Annexed
    Genoa- Done.................for now
    Ottomans- Dead (to lazy)

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEast India CompanyEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Quote Originally Posted by lordreaven448 View Post
    I own Antwerp has the Hansa, how do i devalue Antwerp so i can remove it as a CoT to force more people to trade in Lubeck?
    I find you have to trash it as soon as you take the province else the value rises again. Unless you're bothered about Achievements you can edit the values required for certain CoT actions in the common/defines folder.

Is there a way to convert state religion from Orthodox to Catholicism?

Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesenjin View Post
    Is there a way to convert state religion from Orthodox to Catholicism?
    You should be able to surrender to Catholic Zealots and change your religion.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 602 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 46 71 96 121 ... LastLast