Thread: Quick questions / Quick answers -- EU3

Mushroom Korps Field Marshal OrangeYoshi's Avatar
    200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneIron CrossLegio
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Maizel View Post
    You can go past the cap from your government with the policy sliders 'at great cost'

What is the great cost?
    An additional 1% RR in every province you own.

If most of your provinces are cores, don't have nationalism, and generally have a negative minimum RR, you can go several places past the red bar and be fine.
    On Ubik: "HE GETS TO BE SMUG AFTER CARVING THE FACE OF PERFECTION USING THE SPOON OF INSPIRATION UPON THE BUTTOCKS OF AN ANGEL"

────── OrangeYoshi's Newbie Sig Information Center: Help is just a click away...™ ──────
    EU3 Wiki lll Paradox Acronyms lll FAQ Forum lll General FAQ lll Siege FAQ lll Patrolling Guidelines
    No Time Limit Mod lll Quick Questions Quick Answers

With westernization, how is the 20 tech levels below a western nation defined?
    do you need to be 20 behind in every tech just one, or a combination, ex: say you as byzantines were 4 levels behind in all techs (combined 20) to your neighbor austria.

Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by zcar94 View Post
    With westernization, how is the 20 tech levels below a western nation defined?
    do you need to be 20 behind in every tech just one, or a combination, ex: say you as byzantines were 4 levels behind in all techs (combined 20) to your neighbor austria.
    Combined - as with your Byzantine example.
    On Ubik: "HE GETS TO BE SMUG AFTER CARVING THE FACE OF PERFECTION USING THE SPOON OF INSPIRATION UPON THE BUTTOCKS OF AN ANGEL"

────── OrangeYoshi's Newbie Sig Information Center: Help is just a click away...™ ──────
    EU3 Wiki lll Paradox Acronyms lll FAQ Forum lll General FAQ lll Siege FAQ lll Patrolling Guidelines

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeYoshi View Post
    Combined - as with your Byzantine example.
    TFG! idk how long id be able to take waiting for a complete 20 behind in all techs.
    now off to conquer some sunni lands while i wait :]

EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne

About zealots converting: If a province get force converted it gets a modifier "forced_conversion". A province neihbouring another province with that modifier can't be force converted. It's in the files for latest HttT beta and DW.
    It's spelled you, not u.

As HRE, can I get factions to join the Empire? if so, how?

As HRE, can I get factions to join the Empire? if so, how?
    Depends which version you're playing:
    In HTTT 4.0 you need to have high relations with a nation who borders imperial territory.
    In HTTT 4.1b + DW a human emperor cannot make nations join.
    Register your games for access to Tech Support and Bug Report forums, aswell as beta patches ## Read the sticky before reporting a bug ##
    Do you need EU3 help? Most common problems & fixes ## Quick questions / Quick answers mega thread ## Search the foums ##
    Europa Universalis III Wiki, it's like an online manual that ANYONE can update!

Quote Originally Posted by Duskey View Post
    Depends which version you're playing:
    In HTTT 4.0 you need to have high relations with a nation who borders imperial territory.
    In HTTT 4.1b + DW a human emperor cannot make nations join.
    Thanks.

Another stupid one: How can I call my allies to war?

Thanks.

I'm gonna assume you're playing HTTT base on your icons.

Simple answer: You can't. They only honor (or dishonor) your alliance when you declare war or have been declared war upon.
    Register your games for access to Tech Support and Bug Report forums, aswell as beta patches ## Read the sticky before reporting a bug ##
    Do you need EU3 help? Most common problems & fixes ## Quick questions / Quick answers mega thread ## Search the foums ##

I've got another one.

I'm playing as Holland and I have some 70.0 income to distribute amongst my tech research. The Ledger says, however that some tiny factions, with little income, have some techs 1-2 levels higher than me and the other techs close or equal.

How do they pull that off? Or does tech rubberband?

Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Go to the diplomatic window of the ally you want to call, and hit "Call to Arms".

Simple answer: You can't. They only honor (or dishonor) your alliance when you declare war or have been declared war upon.
    Stop answering questions and go play DW.

I've got another one.

I'm playing as Holland and I have some 70.0 income to distribute amongst my tech research. The Ledger says, however that some tiny factions, with little income, have some techs 1-2 levels higher than me and the other techs close or equal.

How do they pull that off? Or does tech rubberband?
    The larger you are, the more you have to pay to advance in tech. OPMs have to pay very, very little to advance in a tech, so they are almost some of the most advanced nations.

Where is the cultural tradition decay modifier stored? I was thinking defines but I couldn't find it (or it had a werid name).
    Last edited by jack177; 10-01-2011 at 04:04.

The larger you are, the more you have to pay to advance in tech. OPMs have to pay very, very little to advance in a tech, so they are almost some of the most advanced nations.
    This is only for countries smaller then 8 provinces, right?

Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by germanos View Post
    This is only for countries smaller then 8 provinces, right?
    No.

The increase in tech cost is subtantial for your first 8 provinces. After that, the increase for each new provinces is less, but it continues to grow for each new province you get, even if you do a WC.

Here's my question:

Is there any way to annex a Japan that is still divided between the 4 daimyos?

Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Grognard View Post
    Here's my question:

Is there any way to annex a Japan that is still divided between the 4 daimyos?
    You can't just... DOW them and take stuff?

No.

The increase in tech cost is subtantial for your first 8 provinces. After that, the increase for each new provinces is less, but it continues to grow for each new province you get, even if you do a WC.
    Thanks.

Say I, as a western nation, decide to train some Eastern Swarm Cavalry from a Sunni core. Can I somehow upgrade that cavalry once I get Latin Karaoke Cavalry?

Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Say I, as a western nation, decide to train some Eastern Swarm Cavalry from a Sunni core. Can I somehow upgrade that cavalry once I get Latin Karaoke Cavalry?
    No.

The only way you can upgrade units that aren't of your preferred style is to change to that style, then change to the style that you actually want. So if you're a western nation, you can only upgrade other western units that you can switch to before switching to your actual preferred unit.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Latin Karaoke Cavalry?

I want Karaoke cavs too. "Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down..."
    "It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt." -Mark Twain

“Destroying rainforest for economic gain is like burning a Renaissance painting to cook a meal.” -Edward O. Wilson

"Astrakhan rules the waves" -common knowledge

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 601 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 36 61 86 111 ... LastLast