+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Join us in New York City!

High Priestess of Marketing Susana's Avatar
    200k clubAchtung PanzerHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings II
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultDiplomacyDungeonlandEast India Company
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindGalactic AssaultHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    ImpireThe Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Europa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengokuSword of the Stars II
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Mount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the Roses

Join us in New York City!

Paradox is heading to the Big Apple in Jan – now you can too!

Join us at our Paradox Interactive Convention 2011 in New York City! This event is not open to the public so this is your one and only chance to attend. We will pick one lucky winner in approx one weeks time. Since our European fans have had quite a few chance to meet us, we’ll rank our American fans a little higher this time but everyone has a chance to win. Last year we picked 10 winners before someone could actually get time off from work .

This is how you enter:
    • Briefly share a personal experience about any of the games in our portfolio on the forums. You can write whatever you want, we just want to know how any of our games have affected you.
    • Make sure you let us know in what country you live.

The winner will:
    • Receive a round trip ticket to New York
    • Stay at the Convention hotel with the entire Paradox gang and all of our participating dev teams
    • Participate in the “press track” and see all games before anyone else
    • Join us at the official convention party
    • Have personal interview time with Fred Wester and Johan Andersson with collected questions from the forum
    • Cover the event/games on behalf of the forum

Conditions:
    • You need to be 21 or over (proof of age will be required)
    • You need to be available to fly in on the 19th of Jan and fly out on the 21st (Thur-Fri)
    • You must be a registered member of the Paradox forum
    • You must list where you live
    • Paradox will have sole discretion at picking the winner
    • Paradox will cover cost of flights, accommodation, meals and activities during the event
    Last edited by Susana; 03-01-2011 at 16:41.

Forum's #1 Irishman Demi Moderator RedRalphWiggum's Avatar

Is there a suggested word count for this Susana?

Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultDiplomacyDungeonlandEast India Company
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Mount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the Roses

"Brief" as in max 250 words maybe? We won't discriminate based on length, it's the content that counts :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Susana View Post
    "Brief" as in max 250 words maybe? We won't discriminate based on length, it's the content that counts :-)

Cool... do you pick the winner? Bonus points for being Irish? Seems only fair

BL-logic
    Event Scripter
    Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEast India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    MagickaMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

How many winners? 1? 10? And this contest is open until when?

200k clubHoI AnthologyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus Vult
    DiplomacyEast India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor The Glory
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSword of the StarsRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandV2 Beta
    CK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEUIV: Call to arms event
    Europa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by Arbus View Post
    One winner will be "drawn" in aproximately one week it said

One Word That Describes Me: Paraddictive
    Europa Universalis I, II, III, NA, IN, HttT, DW and EU:Rome, Vae Victis Hearts of Iron I, II, III, DD and Anthology
    Victoria + Revolutions Diplomacy Crusader Kings I, II + Deus Vult Crown of the North and Two Thrones

584 - Ett medeltida rollspel
    Spela det på det Skandinaviska subforumet

Ta och titta in en stund Forum Skandinaviska och ta del av
    mp-spel, rollspel, diverse modifikationer och underbara AAR:s.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbus View Post
    One winner (I changed the original wording to make it even more clear) and since the event is in three weeks, we'll have to pick someone in approx a week to organize flights etc.

You also said there might be 'other ways' to participate... any word on those?

200k clubA Game of DwarvesArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in Motion
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: Chronicles
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineKing Arthur IILead and GoldMagicka
    Majesty 2Majesty II CollectionMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold War
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I hate exams....and my age. Otherwise would have loved to have given it a shot.

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus Vult
    Europa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSupreme Ruler: Cold War
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae VictisHoi 2 BetaEuropa Universalis IV

A "convention" that is not open to the public? How odd. . . .
    And all of the development teams are attending? Wouldn't it have been less expensive to fly the NYC marketing office to Stockholm, if they were feeling unloved?
    All I can say is, it must have been a good year for sales!
    HOI2, HOI3, Semper Fi, For the Motherland: Dirigierender Chefredakteur, Buchhalter der Rohstoffe
    Victoria - Revolutions: Fabrikknecht
    EU3: Reichskanzler
    Pride of Nations: Staatssekretär des Kolonialamtes
    CK2: Ausgebildeter (!) Lehrling

Quote Originally Posted by Kriegsspieler View Post
    A "convention" that is not open to the public? How odd. . . .
    And all of the development teams are attending? Wouldn't it have been less expensive to fly the NYC marketing office to Stockholm, if they were feeling unloved?
    All I can say is, it must have been a good year for sales!

Yes, how odd. Is this one of those conventions where 5 people are there? I'd be happy to show up as I live in the area and only would cost me $20 of bus far to get to NYC if you need people to sit in the audience and eat your free food afterwards and buy a T-shirt or two but as its not open to the public...

Actually... Wouldn't the better term be: Paradox Conference

As a conventions implies a gathering of people say a Star Trek Convention or ComicCon. I'd say $50 entry fee for a day pass would be acceptable. That's the going rate for DragonCon I think....

Usermod Coordinator Paradox Dev Team Captain Gars's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDivine WindSengoku

Quote Originally Posted by RedRalphWiggum View Post
    That's an uncanny impersonation of our CEO...
    "I don't want to know or hear anything about neutrality. This is a fight between God and the devil. If he wants to side with God, then he has to join me. If he prefers to side with the devil, then indeed he must fight me. There is no third way."

Senior Scripter & Usermod Coordinator

(DON'T PM ME ABOUT MODDING ISSUES - THERE ARE SUBFORUMS FOR THAT)

~ Ivan Turina ~

Usermod Coordinator Paradox Dev Team Captain Gars's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDivine WindSengoku

Quote Originally Posted by Kriegsspieler View Post
    Wouldn't it have been less expensive to fly the NYC marketing office to Stockholm, if they were feeling unloved?
    Nah, they were here before Christmas, now it's our time!
    "I don't want to know or hear anything about neutrality. This is a fight between God and the devil. If he wants to side with God, then he has to join me. If he prefers to side with the devil, then indeed he must fight me. There is no third way."

Senior Scripter & Usermod Coordinator

(DON'T PM ME ABOUT MODDING ISSUES - THERE ARE SUBFORUMS FOR THAT)

~ Ivan Turina ~

10+ Years on the Forum Demi Moderator SAS's Avatar
    81 games registered

200k clubHoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIDiplomacyFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourMarch of the EaglesRome Gold
    Semper FiSengokuCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventWar of the VikingsMagicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
    Warlock 2: The Exiled

Blog Entries
    This is indeed an opportunity from the gods! But alas I can not apply for you see my heart (and vacation at that time) belongs to my wife, and I hate to say it, I am visiting her parents. Great offer from a great company.
    - March of the Eagles mod: The Gods

- When I speak in Cyan its as a Demi-Moderator. Please review the following links: FAQ / Forum Rules / General Usage

200k clubHoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIEast India CompanyDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLegioThe Kings Crusade
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Awesome opportunity! But do we still need to fill out an application if we just wanna show up? I mean there's a bunch of Paradoxian New Yorkers who would love to stop by to meet you guys without the flight, hotel, etc. basically at zero cost to anyone.
    si vis pacem para bellum Laws are like sausages. It's better not to see them being made.-Otto von Bismarck
    Member of the OTFTRC - Off Topic Friends of the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus -------- Istanbul Panorama 360°
    OttoMania - your link to the Ottoman Culture and Lifestyle in EU III
    ................. Neo-Ottomans thread
    Who is this Tunch Khan? I thought Djem de Sayd was the only Ottoman Pretender the Christians had their hands on? ~ aylo1
    To be honest, this thread might as well be closed now. We've seen Tunch Khan - I can't see that there's anywhere else to go from here. ~ Austen
    Turkey in HOI2 - OTTOMANIA ~ Mod and Modular Pack for Victoria 2 - VIEW THREAD
    ........ **Thread Monster** ... History, with all her volumes vast, hath but one page.

200k clubEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneLegio
    The Kings Crusade

Because of I'm from Mongolia, travel cost will be more expensive to NYC. Even so shall I try my chance?

Werewolf Amateur and Diplomacy Beginner .

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My AARs at ink well.

Quote Originally Posted by vertinox View Post
    Yes, how odd. Is this one of those conventions where 5 people are there? I'd be happy to show up as I live in the area and only would cost me $20 of bus far to get to NYC if you need people to sit in the audience and eat your free food afterwards and buy a T-shirt or two but as its not open to the public...

Actually... Wouldn't the better term be: Paradox Conference

As a conventions implies a gathering of people say a Star Trek Convention or ComicCon. I'd say $50 entry fee for a day pass would be acceptable. That's the going rate for DragonCon I think....
    We think the term Convention is perfect as there will be loads of people attending. But they are all sales and distribution partners, global press, developers and Paradox. As we've mentioned before, we might attach a consumer part to our yearly event at some stage, but not this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Tunch Khan View Post
    Awesome opportunity! But do we still need to fill out an application if we just wanna show up? I mean there's a bunch of Paradoxian New Yorkers who would love to stop by to meet you guys without the flight, hotel, etc. basically at zero cost to anyone.
    This is an invitation only convention so you can't attend the actual event. However, we will have some news that will interest local people later this week so stay tuned.

There doesn't seem to be any mentioning of the dinner date with Susana with Red Wine, Lobster and funny anecdotes from the Paradox Christmas Party in the "The winner will:" list... But I suppose, that's a default event ?!

Achtung PanzerA Game of DwarvesArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Deus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the ArcaneCK2: Holy Knight
    500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Susana View Post
    This is an invitation only convention so you can't attend the actual event. However, we will have some news that will interest local people later this week so stay tuned.
    Roger that, staying tuned ^_^
    Only weapons bring freedom.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast