• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The HRE just gets scarier by the moment, but at least you still have the considerable advantage of being the player, so you can snatch the New World from under Europe's nose. :D

The HRE will likely have all of Europe, Russia and Mid-East by the time I can get to the new world. I just hope The New World can provide all the manpower I need.

I'm thinking of considering, maybe doing a mid-week, "what else is going on?" post tomorrow. I dont want you to wait all week only to discover that I've done nothing for 15 years!

Post 5 - Waiting for cores, the downfall of the Empire
Progress!
The year: 1414 ish. The technology: bad. Our generals: Dead. Core provinces: minimal. We start this Post with the knowledge of Knolles deep into our brains. The fear of the HRE is growing and the peasants wont stop rabbling. The only way out, is the merchants talk of a shipping route to India.

We are one step closer to this dream. New research into to maximising our governments has lead Hugh to build a new faculty. A faculty just for the nations ideas and dreams. With this power. The national armies cried out in good cheer as they all get a boost in spirits.
EU3_59.jpg

The new technology changed Hugh's perspective on research, trade was now a must. They must research more into this legendary trade route in order to find it.
EU3_60.jpg

Cries for Freedom
Knolles's ghost was getting annoyed about these repeatingly arising Swedes, looking for freedom. However, this was nothing when compared to the troubles the empire was happening down in the Balkans.
EU3_73.jpg

It seemed as if the Empire had reached its limit, it could no longer substain the large amounts of rebels in that area. Spies were sent all over the Empire to fund nationalists. Unfortunately, only 1 of the 3 managed this.

Inspired by Flags
If you haven't already noticed, this AAR has some competition. Most notably, Flagland. But an alliance has been signed (or at least I threw one at their face) and I now present to you: The Rebellion at Bohemia (an Always WAAR production).

Flagland.jpg

Trading, the Papacy and Epic Yellow Ninjas!
Knowing that trade was indeed important. Um (first name Buh), the morale up keeping officer, was fired in replace of a trade technology expert. Also, Ness (first name Pea), the greatest Artist in the land, was replaced by another trading expert. Trade was now on Hughs To-Do list. Although, Hugh was not likely to last much longer as chief of state. The heir to the throne, Jimmy, is nearly reaching adulthood.
EU3_88.jpg

After sending the Pope a ridiculous amount of money. They finally deemed me as a friend. And so, the Archbishop of Cornwall gave me a new mission - to have a greater army then the infidels across the Channel. No, not France. Castille.
EU3_93.jpg

"Surely, you cant be serious?" Jass asked
"I am serious, and dont call me Shirley" Replied the Bishop.
There was quite a pause. Jass hadn't seen Airplane so had no idea what was going on.

Castille was the young and skilled youth coming into the field. It had nearly secured the peninsula and was swiftly moving into HRE land. It would be a lifetime enemy for the Britons and, it will almost certainly defeat the HRE unless it makes the same mistakes they did.
EU3_99.jpg

Will I be able to complete my mission? Will I post an update in the week-end? Will I find the route to India? Will I am not.
Stay tuned to find out...
Fin

The End Pictures
[post=12027032] Posted in Strange Screenshots. Everyone has a "No Casus Belli" Casus Belli [/post]
End game map:
EU3_MAP_ENG_14231014_1.jpg

It appears that Castille is overtaking HRE in the power race. Im not sure whether this is good or bad but i do know I just lost £5 in a bet. The Mamluks are callasping and several minor nations are now forming.

Special thanks goes to Svip for letting me imitate a Flagland picture. Thank you.

Any ideas? About anything?

Last edited:
Interesting... HRE having rebel trouble outside its core territory was to be expected, but seeing Castille run over them to that extent is still a surprise. Hopefully you can start hurting them as well now that Muscovy seems to be gone. :eek: They were just eaten through by HRE and Novgorod I suppose?

What's the other green in Russia besides Novgorod? Smolensk?

Oh and there seems to be a rising power in India...

Suggestion: Get the hell out of Europe. Colonize every single island you find to deny Castille the opportunity to get to America.

Suggestion: Get the hell out of Europe. Colonize every single island you find to deny Castille the opportunity to get to America.

I agree with this assessment. GET THE HELL OUT OF DODGE.

Interesting... HRE having rebel trouble outside its core territory was to be expected, but seeing Castille run over them to that extent is still a surprise. Hopefully you can start hurting them as well now that Muscovy seems to be gone. They were just eaten through by HRE and Novgorod I suppose?

What's the other green in Russia besides Novgorod? Smolensk?

Oh and there seems to be a rising power in India...
I guess I could try expanding into Russia a bit more, Ill do that next post just for lolz, Denmark will also be on the hit-list. It does seem that Novogorod got the larger of the Muscovy. I will find out for you who that green is unless some helpful kind person posts. The Indian power won't last long, methinks.

Kick some ass
Thats the plan

Thats also the plan

I agree with this assessment. GET THE HELL OUT OF DODGE.
I dont know what that means, but I agree.

I dont know what that means, but I agree.

If memory serves, it simply means to get away from a place where things are getting a little uncomfortable, and Europe is most surely becoming uncomfortable.
Originating from Westerns, which often took place in Dodge City. The foiled bad guys were thus told to get the hell out of Dodge. :D

Ledger Update 2 - As if you care about the Ledger
In the last ledger update, we had only just taken Norway and Sweden, and Denmark was next on the hitlist. Now, we have scandinavia under control, the HRE is callasping and Spain is rising up. Join us and perhaps we can explore:

the ledger

Now, first up is armies. With Spain rising up in the west, its going to be obvious that they are up top. But the HRE is clinging there with 130'000 soldiers. This is quite shocking considering they are practicably collapsing. We're still doing pretty good with 57'000.
You're proberly thinking where's Ming? Well, Manchu took over them.
EU3_2-6.jpg

Next, is the Money. It doesn't at all reflect in come though so I don't have any clue what its about. Also, unlike armies, it doesnt show our asian friend's money. Draw your own conclusions and agree with me that we're doing pretty good.
EU3_3-5.jpg

I found this quite interesting graph about provinces. As you can tell, I've added my own predictions on whats going to happen next week. The HRE will continue crumbling and spain will take its place as ruler of europe.
EU3_4-4.jpg

I predict that Byzantine will rise above all competition in the turkish region. The cores there will not limit its expansion and soon it will become a powerful nation. Heres a picture of the currant Byzantine situation, in case your mind doesnt work.
EU3_5-4.jpg

Well thats the end of a short but sweet ledger report, join us in a few hours as we randomly attack Russia, move our troops into Denmark and declare war on revolters.

Vale.

If you look at how big the HRE is/has been, then that army size is lacking for an AI nation in that situation. They have enemies in every direction and tons of rebellious land, and travel just takes too long for them. They don't have the benefit of being in a relatively protective corner like Spain and you do.

If you look at how big the HRE is/has been, then that army size is lacking for an AI nation in that situation. They have enemies in every direction and tons of rebellious land, and travel just takes too long for them. They don't have the benefit of being in a relatively protective corner like Spain and you do.

I dont really agree that the HRE needs more men. They have double more then anyone else.

Lets do the maths and break it down:
40K to keep spain in order
20K for italy
20K for Denmark
20K for Novogorod
20K for Greece
10K for Rebel Stomping

It wont be that hard to keep everything in order with that kind of manpower. And you've got to take into account that they've got alot more, its just because of recent battles that knock the armies down to strange numbers.