+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Always WAAR - A British Always War AAR

Emperor of Outremer TheCheeseMaster's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSword of the Stars
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Always WAAR - A British Always War AAR

Welcome to my first ever AAR.

Created for this competition and for this mod.

I will play as England, i am not trying to do a WC and dont have any significant goals (you can suggest some if you wish). I will try to answer questions and try to post regularly but dont expect stuff.

Contents
    Post 1 - Securing The Isle
    Post 2 - Dreams Of Scandinavia
    Post 3 - Sex, Lies and Sweden
    Ledger Update 1 - This Doesn't Need a Snazzy Title
    Post 4 - It's About God Damn Time
    Post 5 - Waiting for cores, the downfall of the Empire
    Ledger Update 2 - As if you care about the Ledger
    Post 6 - Doesn't exist, sorry. I've always had this problem about ignoring 6's
    Post 7 - The Amazingness of this AAR
    Post 8 - Invade Olonets by winter
    Post 9 - Total, Mediterranean Domination
    Post 10 - The First Crusade
    Post 11 - The Push for Morocco
    Post 12 - Phew!
    Ledger Update 3 - A Bit Later Then Usual
    Post 13 - No Spoilers In This Title Please
    Post 14 - Possibly The End
    Post 15 - The March Into Germany
    Post 16 - The Route is Ready
    Post 17 - Is It Getting Hot In Here? Or Is It Just Me?
    Ledger Update 4 - A Pause During War
    Post 18 - Egypt
    Post 19 - The Eastern Expansion
    Post 20 - The End

Reviews of this AAR
    If you post a reply in this thread, prepare for the media to completely change it to suit them.

"Awesome!" Junuxx
    "Nice" BigBadBob
    "Interesting mod" Malurous
    "Two words olde chum, Absolutely amazing" An English Patriot
    "LOL" tedescooo
    "Inc-redible" Master of Cheese

"Completely rubbish" Reality and Realism
    Last edited by TheCheeseMaster; 02-04-2011 at 12:02. Reason: Contents and/or Reviews.
    "I haven't had this much sex since I was a boy scout leader, I mean, at the time, I was dating alot"
    - Lt. Frank Drebin

My AARs at the inkwell

For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Post 1 - Securing the isles

I would show you a map of england at the start but surely you know what it looks like. Lucky nations are off, spread of provinces 25, colonists 200 and unmodded mod files.

First things first
    I need to create armies for the wars to come, say hello to my irish army;

Moved my troops up to scotland for their war;

And my great men (the artist is already hired), I need the land tech and morale to boost my armies for the 5 countries that will try to kill me in a month or two.

I take a move towards free subjects to improve my technology, many people would argue the centralisation is the best and first but revolts are not what anyone would want in time of massive war

Missions and leaving the continent
    Only Calais is sold, which is a shame, now war with france is certain.

My mission becomes vassalise scotland after cancelling recover normandy, I was hoping for conquer ireland or conquer scotland for vassalise is fine.

France, Ireland and scotland
    Within a couple months France ireland and scotland are all at war with me. France will not be much of a problem as i dont want the continental holdings right now, so I peace out with them later and lose the land.

I become Papal Controller, dont ask how. We take over Leinster and Munster both, Munster owned by an expanding Connaght (spelling?). We take over parts of scotland and the map ends up looking like this:

All going well I think.

Connaght expands into tyrone;

But that wont be enough to defend themselves from the mighty England, We seize ulster and Ireland belongs to us.

Denmark decided they wanted scotland and declared war on them, so Denmark was my next target, after destroying their army I seized their northern provinces, also I took over orkney (owned by norway) and scotland is taken over by us as well.

Apparently, I did all this without being near my supply limit and God told me to create a bigger better army.

Empires and End

I'm afraid not much unusual in the world map yet.

Thanks for reading post 1, if you have any suggestions or comments please post below. Have a nice day
    Last edited by TheCheeseMaster; 03-01-2011 at 15:29.
    "I haven't had this much sex since I was a boy scout leader, I mean, at the time, I was dating alot"
    - Lt. Frank Drebin

My AARs at the inkwell

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Victoria: RevolutionsSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Nice. England, which I just noticed looks oddly large on that world map.

Oh, and post linking works like this: [post=*11946643*]Check out my entry[/post*] (The number should show up in the link info at the bottom of your browser).
    Just remove the *s and it should look like this, Check out my entry
    Last edited by BigBadBob; 03-01-2011 at 15:55.
    Sir Robert, OLIR, Sovereign of the Order of the Large and Intimidating Robert
    Knights of the Order: TemplarComander, loki100, Enewald, Chris Taylor, Nathan Madien, Svip, Slan, (Mr.) Capiatlist, LeCare, Redandwhite, ThunderHawk3
    Ever wanted to become President? Now you have the chance in The Presidents: 1836 - 1936 - An Interactive US AAR!
    Current President: Richard A. Jarvis (R)
    Current V-President: William Gallatin (R)

Joseph Henry Harrison (1903 - 19??), General, US Army, ret.
    My Inkwell

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Rome GoldSengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    The number in the top right of a post (#4 for this post) contains a link to that specific post

Also, very cool to see an AAR with my mod, good luck!
    You can't get Conquer Scotland as your first mission by the way, it requires <50 relations with Scotland. What you can do is sending two insults first, and then cancel your initial mission.

Thanks for the help on the contents guys, proberly post a update next week, or whenever i can be bothered. I think i used too many pictures but meh.
    - Lt. Frank Drebin

My AARs at the inkwell

200k clubHoI AnthologyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the Americas
    Deus VultEast India CompanyEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    LegioMagickaEuropa Universalis: RomeSengokuSword of the Stars
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    CK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k club

Interesting mod, I'll follow.
    Read my Cuzco MEIOU AAR Children of the Sun! (ongoing)
    AARland Choice AwAARd: EU Gameplay Q1 & Q2 2011, Weekly AAR Showcase 17-10-2010,

Follow Gentlemen in Germany - a Brunswick AAR! (ongoing)

Participating in 1001 Sultans - A Jalayirids Succession AAR (ongoing)

WritAAR of the Week 24-5-2011, Fan of the Week 3-12-2009 & 15-1-2012
    Speed - A Castille (mini-?)AAR (finished)
    Took part in the HT Succession Game (finished)

Post 2 - Dreams Of Scandinavia

Iceland and Scotland

The Orkney war with Norway was still going on so I used this to gain the provinces in Iceland, they will be useful in colonizing the americas. The East province had no fort so it only took a couple months to have all of Iceland under english control. I white peaced out.

Despite only having 2 infamy, I was over the limit, I blamed this on the Legitimacy which was 0. I made a royal marriage with Holland to attempt to fix this problem.

Scotland hated peace, so declared war. I dont know what their tactics were but it didn't work. I annexed them. I now have all the provinces for Great Britian, but cores are annoying, also I need to be at peace, which is impossible.

The Scandinavian conquest

Sweden is a powerful enemy. They will be hard to conquer, but I need to expand somewhere otherwise this AAR would be rubbish. They are in a perfect position, little borders and big land mean they are perfect for this mod.

I built up an army to take down sweden, which fulfilled the mission. The new one didnt exactly make me a happy bunny, but oh well.

War was declared and I sent the first army up north to take the unprotected provinces in norway, Finmark was first and I moved the army south to take the next province; Halogaland.

Random Picture of the Post

This is a new section that will occur anywhere in the AAR post. This Picture defines a new meaning of fear. The HRE has formed without any intervention from me. Im scared.

I dont know who formed it but my money is on Austria.

The Scandinavian conquest cont.

After taking Halogaland, the Swedish army were moving towards us. The battle commenced, we were outnumbered massively but......well.....we lost.

We followed rule #34 of the beginners guide to invading the world, dont invade someone who can easily kill you. We wanted a white peace keeping Halogaland, but the tossers seized it on the same day!

Beginners guide to invading the world rule #17, never give up

I decided that a new army should be built, and it was. Doing this completed the mission "larger army then castille" and god told us to give money to the pope. I dont like these constantly bad missions.

Predictably, Sweden didn't like all this peace, they declared war only months after peacing. The Northern Norwegian army sprung into action taking the unfortified provinces in norway and cutting across into Sweden.

Meanwhile, the new army land in south norway and slowly assaulted the fortified provinces. The Swedish army was nowhere to be found, they were proberly fighting off the Russians in the east. I decided to peace out, taking a large amount of land (picture below).

The End Game picture

Sorry, I forgot to do world picture.
    - Lt. Frank Drebin

My AARs at the inkwell

200k clubHoI AnthologyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the Americas
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the Arcane

Well done - seems like a safely situated bridgehead.
    AARland Choice AwAARd: EU Gameplay Q1 & Q2 2011, Weekly AAR Showcase 17-10-2010,

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultDungeonlandEast India Company CollectionEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III Collection
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneImpireEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron Cross
    Leviathan: WarshipsThe Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty II CollectionMarch of the Eagles
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the RosesEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Well that looks awesome.

Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome

I think it is quite lulz that hre formed in 1404...

EU3 Complete

Check the capital of the HRE to fin out who formed it my bet is on Bohemia though, it is unlikely Austria had the chance to get the throne and pass all the reforms no matter how awesome this mod is.
    EU3 is a grand attempt to reverse engineer history.
    I have once ragequit the forums, and there were nothing of value lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Iwanow View Post
    I think it is quite lulz that hre formed in 1404...
    Agreed, that's pretty insane...

Quote Originally Posted by DislexicPanda View Post
    Check the capital of the HRE to fin out who formed it my bet is on Bohemia though, it is unlikely Austria had the chance to get the throne and pass all the reforms no matter how awesome this mod is.
    I will check the capital in the next update. Austria does sometimes start off with the crown to the HRE at start game.
    - Lt. Frank Drebin

My AARs at the inkwell

this weeks chapter may be a little later then usual, the building works being done on my house has messed up the internet and phone lines
    - Lt. Frank Drebin

My AARs at the inkwell

51 games registered

Achtung PanzerHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in Motion
    Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultElven Legacy Collection
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneImpireEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    Iron CrossKing Arthur IILost Empire - ImmortalsMagickaMajesty 2
    Majesty II CollectionMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    Semper FiSengokuSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020 Gold
    Supreme Ruler: Cold WarSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordPride of Nations
    Rise of PrussiaKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderWarlock 2: The Exiled

1404 HRE ?! LOL

Better you be prepared.
    Commander Shepard: You must have had some kind of interesting experience.
    Urdnott Wrex: Well, there was this one time the Turians tried to wipe out our entire race. That was fun.

Post 3 - Sex, Lies and Sweden

Immaturity

A regency had begun in England, I will now have to wait decades before the next true monarch. This wouldnt really make any difference though, the expansion plans are for my neighbours anyway.

Due to the war 'coming' (LOL) event, I was now at war with 2 of my neighbours, Sweden and Norway. Norway won't be a problem, they only have 2 provinces. But Sweden might still have that doomstack that killed me last time.

Shortly after another 'coming', Denmark joined the fun. It was an all-out free for all as Me, The Danes and The Swedes all tried to get land of another. This is the battle that changed the course of the war:

Robert Knolles was a great general who had many a medals for killing innocent foreigners. He sieged the Swedish fort of....Finland...and shortly afterwards peace was announced between Sweden and England. But there is no such thing as peace in this game, so basically it was just a tea break.

The Regency leader, Hugh Jass, came up with a brilliant idea to stop all the Swedish from invading their land; build 2 forts. 110 ducats (worth about £437million) was put into this idea. What Hugh didn't suspect was the rebels travelling accross the country, destroying all the buildings.

Peas with our thyme

Robert Knolles, the mysterious wizard general, teleported to norway to finish off their troops. He took over Oslo and announced that Norway had been conquered "Peas with our thyme" he shouted, this was the inspiration for Neville Chamberlain to shout something slightly different.

The Regency opted for a "10 people is a city" approach to colonisation.

This slashed revolt risk in the 2 provinces that were Swede colonies.

From Soviet Russia, Novogorod invades you!

"URA!!!" shouted the Russians as they entered the English border. The war commenced when they took the colonies along the south coast. But luckily, wizard Robert Knolles summoned a great army to chase them around finland.

Hugh Jass (the regency leader for all those who weren't paying attention), commissioned the forts ot be built again, the same 2 provinces were selected. This time, no rebels attempted to destroy them and the fortifications were built. England was now more protected then ever.

Sweden landed troops in finland, yes, i didnt know we were at war with them either. The endless Swedish chants continued all though the night, the residents of the Finnish town claimed it was like listening to Coldplay. "Med Guds hjälp vilja vi strida" they would scream.

Robert Knolles's army eventually defeated all the invaders as the other less important army worked into denmark and sweden. Eventually we pushed them right into Muscovy, but that was too far. The far greater Russians now wanted to kill us all. Luckily we peaced out giving them the land they wanted. Robert mistakenly, destroyed the Karelia colony. But it wasnt anything major - the colony was running the country dry.

Thend Picture and World Map

Last edited by TheCheeseMaster; 15-01-2011 at 12:46.
    - Lt. Frank Drebin

My AARs at the inkwell

Wow looks like europes borders are very simplified! good work!
    I like cookies... And ruling the world... Mostly cookies...

Receivers of " The Cyan Blue Cookie of Awesomeness"
    Svip
    Rensslaer

Somehow having that Drebin quote in your signature fits the update.

Sweden looks weak enough, I suppose Denmark has to be made harmless before Muscovy pushes through your Novgorodian buffer...

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Rome GoldSengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    Jayalarids finding their way back to Mongolia always makes me smile

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultDungeonlandEast India Company CollectionEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III Collection
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneImpireEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron Cross
    Leviathan: WarshipsThe Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty II CollectionMarch of the Eagles
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the RosesEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Ming looks quite calm.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast