+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast

Thread: Teutonic Dreams - A Germany 1936 HPP AAR

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis: Chronicles
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourIron CrossMarch of the Eagles
    Semper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k club

lots of work-related stress...I pity the poor country that stands in your way now...
    Germany Tutorial, Take Two: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...2#post13243122 or find it in the Major Threads sticky.
    Tutorial AAR in pdf form available on Gamefront, courtesy of Davy: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7H...it?usp=sharing
    Honoured by USKnight for the above tutorial here: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...1#post14404907
    Current EU IV AAR: La Douce France http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...1#post17163635 Completed!

Shame about your work, I remember you posting something about that a while ago

Sorry if I came across as a tad needy, but I thought that maybe the China problem may have halted progress there. Looking forward to the next update though, but of course RL and work come first

A Game of DwarvesCrusader Kings IIHOI3: Their Finest HourMagickaSword of the Stars II
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessV2 Beta500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Just an update post, since I've been kind of quiet lately. I have pictures for the next few chapters ready, just need to pick which ones to use and actually write it up the chapters
    The Historical Plausibility Project - 1.0.4 (final) for HoI3, 2.04 (final) for SF, 3.0.0 (final) for FtM, 3.3.2 (beta) for TFH
    Alt-History: Code Geass Timeline - v1.8 for Victoria 2: A House Divided (final), v2.2 for Heart of Darkness, based on the Pop Demand mod

My AARs:
    Banner of the White Sun - an HPP 1.0 (final HOI3) Nationalist China AAR - DONE
    Teutonic Dreams - an HPP 1.7.3 (mid-SF) Germany AAR - Done
    Jiěfng Zhnzhēng - A Chinese HPP 2.04 (final SF) AAR - Done
    Kantai Kessen - Empire of Japan HPP 2.6.71a (mid-FTM) AAR - Last update April 16, 2013 - Abandoned

My information thread about ww2 naval expansion for the world's naval powers, large and small. Last update August 22, 2013; reworked the Soviet entry.

Crusader Kings IIFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIISemper Fi

Latecomer to this AAR, but subscribing for future updates. It's been a fantastic read, thanks for all your work on in Brom!

For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourSemper FiSword of the Stars
    Supreme Ruler 2020 GoldEUIV: Call to arms event

Same here. Great AAR. Keep up the good work Brom.
    As a matter of fact I'm trying to play it with the latest version of HPP.
    GUI modder Black Ice
    All great things are simple and many can be expressed in simple words:

FREEDOM, JUSTICE, HONOR, DUTY, MERCY and HOPE.

Black Ice TFH Mk VIII WIP
    Winston Churchill
    windows 8.1 64bits, AMD 6-core, 8Gb memory, Geforce GTX 650 TI 2Gb GDDR5, self build

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight
    EU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham

Blog Entries
    This is some fantastic stuff.
    Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. -Isa 41:10

For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life. -John 3:16
    -------------------------------

My machine specs: i7 2600 @ 3.4 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, Radeon HD6870 with 1 GB RAM, Windows 7 64-bit

A Game of DwarvesCrusader Kings IIHOI3: Their Finest HourMagickaSword of the Stars II

Thanks! Expect the next batch of updates on Monday. I ended up having to write up a custom event for China to absorb the warlords, because the AI refused to attack them due to the shared allied theater bug I mentioned earlier.
    The Historical Plausibility Project - 1.0.4 (final) for HoI3, 2.04 (final) for SF, 3.0.0 (final) for FtM, 3.3.2 (beta) for TFH
    Alt-History: Code Geass Timeline - v1.8 for Victoria 2: A House Divided (final), v2.2 for Heart of Darkness, based on the Pop Demand mod

My AARs:
    Kantai Kessen - Empire of Japan HPP 2.6.71a (mid-FTM) AAR - Last update April 16, 2013 - Abandoned

My information thread about ww2 naval expansion for the world's naval powers, large and small. Last update August 22, 2013; reworked the Soviet entry.

I can't wait!
    Sorry, I don't have time to talk about our AI atm, but I was not aware of there being an AI in Empire Total War.- Johan

Crusader Kings IIFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIISemper FiEuropa Universalis IV

Uh you wouldn't believe me even if i told ya
    o GOOD DAYS i cannot wait for the next update! Got goosebumps
    @_@
    Sweat saves blood, blood saves lives, and brains saves both. the Desert Fox

Crusader Kings IIFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIISemper Fi

Quote Originally Posted by TheBromgrev View Post
    Thanks! Expect the next batch of updates on Monday. I ended up having to write up a custom event for China to absorb the warlords, because the AI refused to attack them due to the shared allied theater bug I mentioned earlier.

I think this is pretty justified. Too bad you couldn't edit the Theatre somehow though. Is this bug going to be fixed before HPP 2.0?

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneIron CrossKing Arthur IIMagickaMajesty 2
    Majesty II CollectionPenumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2Mount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingTulkas View Post
    I think this is pretty justified. Too bad you couldn't edit the Theatre somehow though. Is this bug going to be fixed before HPP 2.0?
    No, since it is a bug in the engine.
    Sir NeoCore Slan, OLIR, beta of FtM, appointed judge of Alexspeed's Victoria 2 AAR Contest, Fan of the Week (22-11-2011) and I also play HoItCG.
    The Historical Plausibility Project 1.0.4 for HoI3, 2.0 for HoI3 - Semper Fi and 2.7 for FtM

My latest work from my Ink Well (which is post #200 in the Ink Well thread):
    Hitler's gamble - An alternative German Strategy (Vanilla HoI3 - Semper Fi 2.03c) finished
    Ten Reasons why Europa Universalis III is the worst game EVER (Vanilla EU3 - Divine Wind) finished
    The New Adventures of the United Nations... in Space - A Space Empires V AAR canceled after Season I

"Always write things on the forums that youd be happy for your mom to read." - Fredrik Wester

Chapter 46: Chinese Unification Part 1 - November 16, 1943 to April 12, 1944

Following Japan's defeat, the Republic of China, under intense German pressure, opened hostilities among its former allies in a bid to consolidate Nanjing's control over the country. The War of Chinese Unification would quickly expand to the break-away states of Tibet and Manchukuo. While fighting quickly renewed in Manchuria, the various warlord armies refused to fight their fellow Chinese, creating a very awkward internal situation for China - the soldiers on all sides except the Manchurians refused to fight each other while the politicians and generals attempted to whip them into a fury.

An example of Chinese artillery used during the 2nd Sino-Japanese War and the War of Chinese Unification

China was a land of anachronisms, resulting from ancient traditions colliding with modern technology. Despite China's attempts at modernization, many units were still poorly equipped and trained. While the soldiers fighting under the banner of China's ruling party, the Kuomintang, had modern German-inspired equipment and training, soldiers from areas under nominal KMT control or outside of KMT control were poorly equipped in comparison.

A Chinese "big sword unit". These types of troops were quite common among all Chinese armies until Chinese Unification

By April 11, 1944, nearly 5 months after "hostilities" broke out, a political compromise was made between the Chinese central government and the warlord states, allowing the warlords to flee in exile in exchange for relinquishing control over their territory and allowing their armies to disband. However, the deal was only between the KMT and its former warlord allies, as Manchukuo and Tibet refused to negotiate and instead continued to fight for their freedom.

Due to the soldiers' refusal to fight, a political compromise was made between the KMT and Chinese areas outside of its direct control

While the negotiations were taking place, active combat was occurring in territory belonging to the former Japanese puppet state Manchukuo. In typical Chinese fashion, the RoC's advance was slow, clumsy, and costly. Despite having fought Japan for some length of time, China's military tactics hadn't evolved based on experience from the war, as the Chinese generals continued their Human Wave doctrine of sending many men to their deaths without major artillery support in order to achieve a tactical victory. Manchukuo on the other hand, had fought alongside Japanese troops for years, as well as had been trained by Japanese advisers, resulting in a much more professional and capable force. Combined with the situation amongst its troops and former allies, the KMT made poor initial progress in consolidating its control.

Chinese mounted troops during battle, using their horses for cover. This type of behavior is a perfect example of China's failure to adjust to modern warfare

Both frustrated and encouraged, Adolf Hitler, the ruler of the German Reich, ordered the Heer's troops currently bordering the Soviet Union to advance. While the attack had been planned for quite some time, the initial plan was to simultaneously assault the USSR from both China and Germany. While China was currently occupied with Tibet and Manchukuo, the surrender of the warlords could allow China to aid in the war effort quickly if needed. As the vast majority of the USSR's troops were positioned along the Germany border, China's role would simply be that of an occupier of the USSR's Far East holdings.

The main reason for Hitler's early decision to declare war was a result of the Reich's massive naval buildup in preparation for conflict with the UN. Despite having built a fleet capable of taking on the world's largest and 3rd largest navies within 5 years, the sheer size of the USA's industrial capacity and existing fleet required the Reich to invest significant resources into warship production. However, in early March, 1944, it was decided that the Reich still needed to greatly expand its industry, and needed to do so quickly. Because factory investments take roughly one year at a minimum to yield results, Hitler and the NSDAP hungrily eyed the Soviet industry transferred to the Ural region. Thus, the 2nd German-Soviet War began on April 12, 1944.

The 2nd German-Soviet War began on April 12, 1944

My AARs:

People's Commissar of the Navy Demi Moderator Avindian's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    V2 BetaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Really interesting update, and I'm glad you've settled your hardware/game issues. Does HPP end in 1948 like vanilla HOI + SF?
    AARland Awards TsAAR -- Q3 ACAs have just begun! EU IV|CK II|Vicky II|HOI 3|Darkest Hour
    Consecrated blood waters my fields: a Hvitserk megacampaign -- Brand new!
    Sonderweg oder Anderweg? -- Part 3 of the Hohenzollerns Megacampaign -- Interactive and looking for players
    Tukhachevsky's Army and the Politburo -- an Interactive Soviet TFH AAR -- Updates|Administration -- Nearing its thrilling conclusion!
    Like what you see? Check out my Inkwell for awards and completed AARs!

If I use this color, I am speaking as a Demi-Mod. If you have any questions, please PM me directly. Forum Rules|Interactive AARs|AARland Rules #1|AARland Rules #2

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIISemper FiMount & Blade: Warband
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Interesting war in China...
    I had actually expected the CHinese would quickly overwhelm Manchukuo because of their numbers.

Good luck with finishing off the last remnants of the Soviet Union! After all, this may really take some time due to the bad infrastructure as well as the sheer amount of space that needs to be conquered.

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneIron CrossKing Arthur IIMagickaMajesty 2
    Majesty II CollectionPenumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2Mount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Quote Originally Posted by HecNev View Post
    Good luck with finishing off the last remnants of the Soviet Union! After all, this may really take some time due to the bad infrastructure as well as the sheer amount of space that needs to be conquered.
    Yeah, it will probably be a long and boring campaign
    Sir NeoCore Slan, OLIR, beta of FtM, appointed judge of Alexspeed's Victoria 2 AAR Contest, Fan of the Week (22-11-2011) and I also play HoItCG.
    The Historical Plausibility Project 1.0.4 for HoI3, 2.0 for HoI3 - Semper Fi and 2.7 for FtM

My latest work from my Ink Well (which is post #200 in the Ink Well thread):
    Hitler's gamble - An alternative German Strategy (Vanilla HoI3 - Semper Fi 2.03c) finished
    Ten Reasons why Europa Universalis III is the worst game EVER (Vanilla EU3 - Divine Wind) finished
    The New Adventures of the United Nations... in Space - A Space Empires V AAR canceled after Season I

"Always write things on the forums that youd be happy for your mom to read." - Fredrik Wester

Crusader Kings IIHearts of Iron IIIEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae Victis

Alot accomplished up to 1944! Looking forward to seeing what the rest of the war brings.

Will the USSR be any challenge at all now?

Rensslaer
    Serenity - (V2 v1.3) - An isolationist Japan tries to stay out of everybody's way (Updated July '13)
    Kriegsgefahr (Impending War) - (HOI3/SF/HPP) - Germany attempts to remain at peace! (Updated Apr '13)
    Locarno - Italy vs. Germany (HOI3/SF/HPP) - What if Mussolini stood with France against Hitler?
    The Die is Cast (Roman Civil War) - Caesar will make a name for himself! (Updated June '12)
    Imprio Novo - An Axis Portugal AAR for HOI 3 (Updated May '13)
    Fire Warms the Northern Lands - A Prussian Victoria 1 AAR (Awarded the VictAARian Cross for Jan-Jun 2006)
    Castles In the Sky (Vicky 1) * Sforza!!! - A Milan AAR (EU III) (Updated May '13) * I Am Siam (V2 Minor) (tied for Silver VictAARian Cross for Best AAR completed in 2011) * A Long Time Ago... (HOI 1 Argentina)* Check Rensslaer's Inkwell! (list of online writings)

52 games registered

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Deus VultDungeonlandEast India Company CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneImpireEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossLeviathan: Warships
    The Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty II CollectionMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    War of the RosesEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
    Crusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India

Soviet factories wont meet German standards. But the local ores might..

Crusader Kings IIFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIISemper FiEuropa Universalis IV

Well Bromgrev go finish the fight! Quick question though the UN you mentioned, is that a military alliance the Us made with the nations or is tha just the remnants of the Allies faction?

Expect another update tomorrow. I was going to update tonight, but got home really late from work and am going to bed after posting this.

@Avindian: Yes, the HPP ends in 1948.

@Slan: That's why I wanted to free China up so it can help by taking Vladivostock

@Rensslaer: You'll find out tomorrow

@Enewald: I don't have any resource issues, I just need more IC to help expand the Kriegsmarine before taking on the US.

@Mikeb545: The UN is what I've been calling the remnants of the Allies faction after the US reformed it. I'm using that term in order to differentiate between the former UK/France-led alliance of Europeans and their colonies and the US-led faction that includes most of the Americas plus the former Commonwealth nations. While the faction is still the Allies, the original Allies members were kicked out and the faction dissolved when I beat the UK, so the US-led one is technically a different faction. Since you can't add a fourth faction and expect the game to work, we modded the game for the US to reform everything instead.

My AARs:

o okay thanks Bromgrev! Now go paint the world Grey...for THE REICH!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast