+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Teutonic Dreams - A Germany 1936 HPP AAR

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneIron CrossKing Arthur IIMagickaMajesty 2
    Majesty II CollectionPenumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2Mount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

You consequentially wrote 1940 almost everywhere, while from the screenshot, it is obvious that it's already 1941. Just thought I should mention

Germany may have a long coast now, but there aren't that many options for the USA to launch an invasion, no bases in the vicinity! The only problem that may come against the Soviets is manpower. But if you can gather enough from the conquered lands, then you should be alright!
    Sir NeoCore Slan, OLIR, beta of FtM, appointed judge of Alexspeed's Victoria 2 AAR Contest, Fan of the Week (22-11-2011) and I also play HoItCG.
    The Historical Plausibility Project 1.0.4 for HoI3, 2.0 for HoI3 - Semper Fi and 2.7 for FtM

My latest work from my Ink Well (which is post #200 in the Ink Well thread):
    Hitler's gamble - An alternative German Strategy (Vanilla HoI3 - Semper Fi 2.03c) finished
    Ten Reasons why Europa Universalis III is the worst game EVER (Vanilla EU3 - Divine Wind) finished
    The New Adventures of the United Nations... in Space - A Space Empires V AAR canceled after Season I

"Always write things on the forums that youd be happy for your mom to read." - Fredrik Wester

A Game of DwarvesCrusader Kings IIHOI3: Their Finest HourMagickaSword of the Stars II
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessV2 Beta500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by Slan View Post
    You consequentially wrote 1940 almost everywhere, while from the screenshot, it is obvious that it's already 1941. Just thought I should mention
    Oh crap, thanks. I'll go fix that now. I wrote this up pretty late last night, so I must have been thinking that I started the war on the historical date, as opposed to almost a year later. When I play as Germany I normally don't wait so long to start.

Germany may have a long coast now, but there aren't that many options for the USA to launch an invasion, no bases in the vicinity! The only problem that may come against the Soviets is manpower. But if you can gather enough from the conquered lands, then you should be alright!
    The US has Iceland, so it can attack the UK, and from there do what it normally would. Plus, with the big neutrality drop all of the neutrals took, the US should start bringing countries into the New Allies. I played ahead to October, and the US hasn't invited anyone yet, not even its own puppets. Any idea if there's an LUA problem there?

You're right about the Soviets, the reason for delaying a year is my low MP. France really struggled and fought back viciously, and is most of where my MP was lost.
    The Historical Plausibility Project - 1.0.4 (final) for HoI3, 2.04 (final) for SF, 3.0.0 (final) for FtM, 3.3.2 (beta) for TFH
    Alt-History: Code Geass Timeline - v1.8 for Victoria 2: A House Divided (final), v2.2 for Heart of Darkness, based on the Pop Demand mod

My AARs:
    Banner of the White Sun - an HPP 1.0 (final HOI3) Nationalist China AAR - DONE
    Teutonic Dreams - an HPP 1.7.3 (mid-SF) Germany AAR - Done
    Jiěfng Zhnzhēng - A Chinese HPP 2.04 (final SF) AAR - Done
    Kantai Kessen - Empire of Japan HPP 2.6.71a (mid-FTM) AAR - Last update April 16, 2013 - Abandoned

My information thread about ww2 naval expansion for the world's naval powers, large and small. Last update August 22, 2013; reworked the Soviet entry.

Hearts of Iron IIISemper Fi

This has been an absolute roller-coaster ride of an AAR, loved it! Wonder whether we could see some serious clashes with the USA?
    Seed of the Magyar -- Hungarian A.A.R. Completed

Very Well, Alone! A British H.P.P. Semper Fi A.A.R

'Let us therefore brace ourselves to our duties, and so bear ourselves that, if the British Empire and its Commonwealth lasts for a thousand years, men will still say, This was their finest hour!' Churchill, 18th June 1940

Support freedom, oppose al-Assad.

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis: Chronicles
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourIron CrossMarch of the Eagles
    Semper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k club

I agree with Elastic Fish. personally, I've never been able to work up the courage to invade them since HOI2. would be the perfect titel fight.
    Germany Tutorial, Take Two: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...2#post13243122 or find it in the Major Threads sticky.
    Tutorial AAR in pdf form available on Gamefront, courtesy of Davy: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7H...it?usp=sharing
    Honoured by USKnight for the above tutorial here: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...1#post14404907
    Current EU IV AAR: La Douce France http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...1#post17163635 Completed!

Splendid read, love the plausible historic path in surrenders/land switching.

Is Siam going to claim Cambodia/North Malaya/South Burma?
    Also with UK kicked out of Malaya & N. Borneo, and Dutch from Indonesia, perhaps Indonesia should gain Malaya/N. Borneo with Australia grabbing Singapore.

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Majesty II CollectionPenumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2Mount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Whoa, you are getting carried away a bit It would be kinda fun to watch a war between Malaya and Indonesia, but I fail to see why they should have cores on eachother, and without that, they won't just start fighting on their own
    Sir NeoCore Slan, OLIR, beta of FtM, appointed judge of Alexspeed's Victoria 2 AAR Contest, Fan of the Week (22-11-2011) and I also play HoItCG.
    The Historical Plausibility Project 1.0.4 for HoI3, 2.0 for HoI3 - Semper Fi and 2.7 for FtM

Hitler's gamble - An alternative German Strategy (Vanilla HoI3 - Semper Fi 2.03c) finished
    Ten Reasons why Europa Universalis III is the worst game EVER (Vanilla EU3 - Divine Wind) finished
    The New Adventures of the United Nations... in Space - A Space Empires V AAR canceled after Season I

"Always write things on the forums that youd be happy for your mom to read." - Fredrik Wester

Indonesia had wanted Malaya & N. Borneo from the Japanese. If you hadn't made Malaya a separate country, with the collapse of both UK and Dutch colonial rule, one larger country could have emerged.

Also, would it be worthwhile to build reserve CAGs for the fleet? If the carriers themselves are undamaged, returning to port to cycle out air groups before heading back to sea would give more time on patrol.

A Game of DwarvesCrusader Kings IIHOI3: Their Finest HourMagickaSword of the Stars II

@lordvagrant: I'm definitely of the opinion that the defeat of the UK by the Axis or Comintern, without the possibility of the UK going into exile, would result in world-wide chaos, especially in ethnically mixed colonies like Indonesia, Malaya, Burma, India, and all of Africa. The UK was the only thing keeping those people from killing each other, and if the UK suddenly was gone, then I could see things like Pakistan splitting from India via civil war happening. That would be a lot of work though, which is why we haven't done any of that yet.

I really couldn't afford to build the extra CAGs, plus the ships, and increase my army and air force at the same time while keeping up with upgrades and reinforcements. My army is up to my full planned strength now, aside from a few special forces divisions, so I can afford to build extra reserve CAGs. They won't be useful against the Soviets, but by the time they're done I should be ready for some overseas battles.

@Elastic Fish & misterbean: I'll likely invade Japan after the Soviets are done for, in order to end the war for China. The US, depending on the state my navy is in, will likely be next if the year isn't too late. Otherwise I'll just change the end date
    Last edited by TheBromgrev; 07-02-2011 at 01:31.
    The Historical Plausibility Project - 1.0.4 (final) for HoI3, 2.04 (final) for SF, 3.0.0 (final) for FtM, 3.3.2 (beta) for TFH
    Alt-History: Code Geass Timeline - v1.8 for Victoria 2: A House Divided (final), v2.2 for Heart of Darkness, based on the Pop Demand mod

My AARs:
    Kantai Kessen - Empire of Japan HPP 2.6.71a (mid-FTM) AAR - Last update April 16, 2013 - Abandoned

My information thread about ww2 naval expansion for the world's naval powers, large and small. Last update August 22, 2013; reworked the Soviet entry.

Damn you Steam!!!

OK, so this is partially my fault for not turning off auto-updates for HOI3. However, Steam decided it would update my copy of SF from 2.03c to 2.04d. I managed to salvage the situation and get my officer ratio to work correctly by adjusting defines.lua. However, there's no guarantee my save survived intact. It looks ok from the brief check I did and doesn't crash after I let it run for a day or two, but I don't know if it will continue to work in the future.

So, here's what I'll do. I will post the next 4 chapters before continuing the game, then see if my save really is OK by playing for a week or so. If my save really is broken, then I'll have to end the AAR If I got lucky and everything still works, then great.

My AARs:

My 2.03c UK vanilla game survived the transition to 2.04d, I hope yours will too. I also intend to upgrade Hitler's Gamble just before B-Day

Gah, this suxx. Still, I will gladly read the remaining chapters

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis: Chronicles
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourIron CrossMarch of the Eagles
    Semper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k club

hope everything works out for you. we don't want to miss a good AAR so soon.
    Germany Tutorial, Take Two: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...2#post13243122 or find it in the Major Threads sticky.
    Tutorial AAR in pdf form available on Gamefront, courtesy of Davy: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7H...it?usp=sharing
    Honoured by USKnight for the above tutorial here: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...1#post14404907
    Current EU IV AAR: La Douce France http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...1#post17163635 Completed!

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Semper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Bad news, but let's hope its OK!

Phew, I finally got the pictures organized for the next sections. I have two questions for my readers.

1) Would you prefer one long (19 pictures plus a paragraph or two in between), super-update that covers from August 23, 1941 to March 31, 1942, or two that are about the same length as my normal chapters?
    2) Would you like to see another detailed overview similar to Chapter 14, showing what I'm producing, researching, and my OOB? Or would you prefer a scaled-down summary?

I'm currently writing up the super-update, but it would be trivial to cut it in two parts, depending on the feedback I get. So please, all you lurkers out there, post a comment and let me know what you'd prefer

And a bit of good news. I ran the save ahead for 2 months, without taking pictures and leaving everything on AI control, in order to make sure it wouldn't crash. Everything seemed OK, so it looks like I'm good to keep going. While I was definitely not planning on updating my game, on the bright side I can now test how well the new org changes work in-depth.
    Last edited by TheBromgrev; 12-02-2011 at 17:27. Reason: Got the years wrong again :(

My AARs:

Give us a super update!

I'd prefer multiple uptades

Im with Slan.. multiple

52 games registered

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Deus VultDungeonlandEast India Company CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneImpireEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossLeviathan: Warships
    The Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty II CollectionMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    War of the RosesEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
    Crusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India

I desire mupdates.

also multiple ones, including a look at your research and stuff.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Semper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Yes, 2 updates please! And can you confirm which year we're in? I thought we were already in 1941? Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast