• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
You consequentially wrote 1940 almost everywhere, while from the screenshot, it is obvious that it's already 1941. Just thought I should mention :)

Germany may have a long coast now, but there aren't that many options for the USA to launch an invasion, no bases in the vicinity! The only problem that may come against the Soviets is manpower. But if you can gather enough from the conquered lands, then you should be alright! :)

You consequentially wrote 1940 almost everywhere, while from the screenshot, it is obvious that it's already 1941. Just thought I should mention :)

Oh crap, thanks. I'll go fix that now. I wrote this up pretty late last night, so I must have been thinking that I started the war on the historical date, as opposed to almost a year later. When I play as Germany I normally don't wait so long to start.

Germany may have a long coast now, but there aren't that many options for the USA to launch an invasion, no bases in the vicinity! The only problem that may come against the Soviets is manpower. But if you can gather enough from the conquered lands, then you should be alright! :)

The US has Iceland, so it can attack the UK, and from there do what it normally would. Plus, with the big neutrality drop all of the neutrals took, the US should start bringing countries into the New Allies. I played ahead to October, and the US hasn't invited anyone yet, not even its own puppets. Any idea if there's an LUA problem there?

You're right about the Soviets, the reason for delaying a year is my low MP. France really struggled and fought back viciously, and is most of where my MP was lost.

This has been an absolute roller-coaster ride of an AAR, loved it! Wonder whether we could see some serious clashes with the USA?

I agree with Elastic Fish. personally, I've never been able to work up the courage to invade them since HOI2. would be the perfect titel fight.

Splendid read, love the plausible historic path in surrenders/land switching.

Is Siam going to claim Cambodia/North Malaya/South Burma?
Also with UK kicked out of Malaya & N. Borneo, and Dutch from Indonesia, perhaps Indonesia should gain Malaya/N. Borneo with Australia grabbing Singapore.

Whoa, you are getting carried away a bit :p It would be kinda fun to watch a war between Malaya and Indonesia, but I fail to see why they should have cores on eachother, and without that, they won't just start fighting on their own :)

Indonesia had wanted Malaya & N. Borneo from the Japanese. If you hadn't made Malaya a separate country, with the collapse of both UK and Dutch colonial rule, one larger country could have emerged.

Also, would it be worthwhile to build reserve CAGs for the fleet? If the carriers themselves are undamaged, returning to port to cycle out air groups before heading back to sea would give more time on patrol.

@lordvagrant: I'm definitely of the opinion that the defeat of the UK by the Axis or Comintern, without the possibility of the UK going into exile, would result in world-wide chaos, especially in ethnically mixed colonies like Indonesia, Malaya, Burma, India, and all of Africa. The UK was the only thing keeping those people from killing each other, and if the UK suddenly was gone, then I could see things like Pakistan splitting from India via civil war happening. That would be a lot of work though, which is why we haven't done any of that yet.

I really couldn't afford to build the extra CAGs, plus the ships, and increase my army and air force at the same time while keeping up with upgrades and reinforcements. My army is up to my full planned strength now, aside from a few special forces divisions, so I can afford to build extra reserve CAGs. They won't be useful against the Soviets, but by the time they're done I should be ready for some overseas battles.

@Elastic Fish & misterbean: I'll likely invade Japan after the Soviets are done for, in order to end the war for China. The US, depending on the state my navy is in, will likely be next if the year isn't too late. Otherwise I'll just change the end date :)

Last edited:
Damn you Steam!!! :mad:

OK, so this is partially my fault for not turning off auto-updates for HOI3. However, Steam decided it would update my copy of SF from 2.03c to 2.04d. I managed to salvage the situation and get my officer ratio to work correctly by adjusting defines.lua. However, there's no guarantee my save survived intact. It looks ok from the brief check I did and doesn't crash after I let it run for a day or two, but I don't know if it will continue to work in the future.

So, here's what I'll do. I will post the next 4 chapters before continuing the game, then see if my save really is OK by playing for a week or so. If my save really is broken, then I'll have to end the AAR :( If I got lucky and everything still works, then great.

My 2.03c UK vanilla game survived the transition to 2.04d, I hope yours will too. I also intend to upgrade Hitler's Gamble just before B-Day :D

hope everything works out for you. we don't want to miss a good AAR so soon.

Phew, I finally got the pictures organized for the next sections. I have two questions for my readers.

1) Would you prefer one long (19 pictures plus a paragraph or two in between), super-update that covers from August 23, 1941 to March 31, 1942, or two that are about the same length as my normal chapters?
2) Would you like to see another detailed overview similar to Chapter 14, showing what I'm producing, researching, and my OOB? Or would you prefer a scaled-down summary?

I'm currently writing up the super-update, but it would be trivial to cut it in two parts, depending on the feedback I get. So please, all you lurkers out there, post a comment and let me know what you'd prefer :)

And a bit of good news. I ran the save ahead for 2 months, without taking pictures and leaving everything on AI control, in order to make sure it wouldn't crash. Everything seemed OK, so it looks like I'm good to keep going. While I was definitely not planning on updating my game, on the bright side I can now test how well the new org changes work in-depth.

Last edited:
I'd prefer multiple uptades :)

also multiple ones, including a look at your research and stuff.