• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Ugh, stupid photobucket is still down so my pictures that are hosted there don't appear. The Imageshack pictures are fine though, so maybe I should migrate more of the pictures to Imageshack?

@ADEE1: I'm looking forward to it as well. Hopefully the USN will be smarter than the RN. An early Sealion is kind of gamey, because the RN normally has its big guns out in the Atlantic looking for subs instead of patrolling the home islands. We'll just have to see what the US AI does to prevent me from landing on either coast.

@SSmith: Agreed. Japan losing all of those divisions after failing to take Nanjing is what sealed their fate, and at that point Japan couldn't afford to keep troops at home.

Photobucket's working for me. I think they're just cycling through accounts so that everyone has a brief downtime. Mine were down for a bit, then up, then down again, etc. They said they would be done by midnight last night, but maybe they're still having issues. I bet if you look back in an hour or two, though, they'll be back up.

Rensslaer

Damn, it's been 4 days and Photobucket still isn't showing my pictures. I can't even get to my account :( Sorry to the guys who've been wanting to read this from the start, not much I can do about it until Photobucket gets their act together.

That really sucks. I'm not having any trouble with my pictures...

A computer troubleshooter, observing that everybody else's accounts are working, and yours is not, might try to blame you for the whole outage -- you're at the center of all the trouble, therefore you must also be at/near the center of the cause... :D

But seriously, I do hope it gets resolved soon.

Renss

I'm not aware of anyone else still having this problem. Have you contacted their customer service? Maybe they forgot to turn your account back on.

Well damn, I ran into another vanilla bug; one which I've already made several bug reports about. First off, in case you guys don't know, when you place an HQ under AI control and place all your objectives on territory you own or are covered by one of your theaters, the AI will "sleep" and refuse to do anything. The AI only "wakes up" when you place an objective in enemy territory that isn't covered by one of your theaters. Sounds logical, right?

Well, the game breaks once you have an alliance with a neighboring country. Now, this problem doesn't happen for faction-mates, just members of the same alliance that border each other. What happens, is the game figures out who the "alliance leader" is for every in-game alliance network. In my situation, the only alliance network is the Chinese one, which was created by two events: the 2nd Sino-Japanese War and the United Front Against Soviet Aggression, triggered back when Romania asked the RoC for help. Now, here's the source of the problem. Since in this situation the "alliance leader" is adjacent to all of its allies, the leader's theaters now cover allied territory. If you start the game, either with or without the HPP mod, you'll see that the RoC's main theater covers Xibei San Ma as well as nationalist territory if you hover your mouse over XSM provinces in the theater map mode. This is fine when the allies are fighting together against a common foe, but the real issue is that the theater isn't changed once the alliance breaks.

So, I'm left with a stupid situation - I made an event that cancels the RoC alliances with the remaining warlords, then has the RoC declare war on them. All seems fine, until 3 months pass and *nothing* has been done by the AI. Guangxi troops are trapped in the Chinese interior, surrounded by KMT troops, but no one is attacking. RoC troops are literally outside of Shanxi's capital, but neither side is moving. Troops are all along the borders, but no one is moving. Since the AI can't initiate hostile actions inside of its theater borders, the Chinese Unification war is dead. The only action that's going on is along the Tibetan and Manchurian fronts, where the RoC theaters haven't been set yet.

So here's my question to you guys. Since this stupid bug hasn't been addressed by PI in the past 3 patches and probably never will, would you mind if I modded an event that lets the RoC "absorb" the remaining warlord states, thereby circumventing the problem?

I've cheated on occasion to avoid such nastiness myself, so protecting your gameplay from stupid, gamebreaking bugs is perfectly logical.

You can either do as you said and make them annex the warlords via event or you can edit their theatres in the save file. The later would be only really possible if you removed the theatres and added the proper territories back (which you can search for with the region tool). Or you could try removing all the territory of that theatre and check if it rebuilds itself on its own or not.

In one of my games as China I solved the problem for my troops under AI control by deleting the wars we fought together in the save file. That worked for me, no idea whether it would also work for you, since in my case China wasn't played by the AI, I merely let it control my armies.

That won't work, I've tried it already. The problem is that you can't redraw theaters in foreign territory, so I can't fix the problem at its source without editing the save and potentially causing other problems. Even if I delete one of China's two theaters, the other will automatically take over former allied provinces. I think I'll stick with the event idea to absorb the warlord states and then let the AI finish off Manchukuo and Tibet on its own, since I've let the war run for 3 months already.

Although before I go with the event idea, I'll try out Taijian's suggestion and see if that works.

Seems like whatever the easiest, plausible answer is, it's what you should do. No sense worrying about it since it's perfectly understandable why you should do such a thing.

Onward! :)

Renss

TheBromgrev i do so hope you continue this aar as it has been one of the most epic aars i have read! If i was America atm i wld be shaking for they ave the possibility of a two front war. heh kinda turned the tables on them huh? Go get em tiger!

I posted 4 days ago, so no. There's a lot going on with my job (aka Congress literally killed it, so I need to find a new one while working double-overtime on the current one to get as much done as possible before funding runs out), so I haven't had time to play the game lately. That should change by next week when the funding runs out, so expect a bunch of updates then ;)

I posted 4 days ago, so no. There's a lot going on with my job (aka Congress literally killed it, so I need to find a new one while working double-overtime on the current one to get as much done as possible before funding runs out), so I haven't had time to play the game lately. That should change by next week when the funding runs out, so expect a bunch of updates then ;)

Hope your job troubles get sorted out -- looking forward to the new updates!