• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

chals

General
63 Badges
Jul 5, 2005
  • Surviving Mars
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic
  • Age of Wonders
  • Age of Wonders II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Deus Vult
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron Anthology
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
Not sure how Fancy I can make this:) but something I am sure I can do.

Not sure how offen I will update this. My spelling will not be the bedst as I am generelly a bad speller.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As english is not my first L and I speel bad, even in Danish, there will be speeling errors.
I have put extra pictures in it, becouse then peaple who do not play MMU can follow, and replay on it as well(hope you do!)
As I go past the 1500 I will have more text less pictures
I will try not to reload. else I will say why i did it.

Religion: I will pick the faith of Holland, whatever it is, becouse of nasty nasty evens og HUGE rebels all the time there. In my testgame thay stayed True to the pope, wich was interesting, as all else whent heritic, expipt Spain.
If its ever is coming up, as a real option, I will like to afrika. NA I dont think will be that big of a problem.

If I can pull it off. I whoud like to Reform the real Roman Empire, even thou I find that unrealistisk. And then I need help to put the events in the game so i can do it, and change Tags. I think it shoud be an option at least, but understand why its not. (speed of the mood)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Give respons plz :)

First thing to do, Gain acces to The Holy Roman Empire, wich is hard in MMU, but not for me :)

EU3_7.jpg

When All of the duches are in the impire I can join my contry, not sure why first then, but there we go. (not to say +10TE and whatever comes from joining the Lûbeck tradeleage)

EU3_8.jpg

Start advisers are not GREAT, but not bad ether. Mostly becouse I have quite some Sta. loses in the first years.
EU3_11.jpg

The Knights are KEY to my long term survivel, so need to help em out first
EU3_19.jpg

Starting evens are quite nice
EU3_15.jpg

EU3_14.jpg

PS: used the 20 Culture to get lvl 1 advises, motly becouse I will lose 5 each Jan, and well, might as well, earn a bit, gona need it hard.

As you can se, There is a war going on there. Need to get my cores back. I need the pristige as well, to get to the Bergyndien National one, wich need 75% of it, wich is HARD and -3 aristocracy.

Becouse it cost 500 Gold to join the Empire, I am Kinda broke, so is my economy..+my duke died, wich is BAD, but then, why i needed to press all this stuff before the game hardly had begun.
EU3_18.jpg

So this is how it all look :)
EU3_12.jpg

+ at war with 2 miners, and this happend, but be a "holy" war
EU3_21.jpg

PS: Know its a loot of pictures, is it to much? thougt it was okay, as it was the start, and well, easyers to show then put in words.

Been looking forword to this.

Status is something like this
Have borrowed a lot of money(5-600 Gold and -7 each month from it)
Low stability, raising inf. 3 advises on that thou-
Little/smal Army, A lot of land, protected by the Kejser thou :)
No navel ideas what so ever, and a smal navy, wich cost a lot to maintain, not sure if I shoud dispand it now. not much use.
Bad adminstration, so my first NI is gona be used for that. prob. Bill of rights.

Next Part will be get a few more provinces and then any ideas or thougs?

Last edited:
Part 2; Getting more Cores :)

As I have a Mission on Getting a more Realistiks Size Army, I have been training some royal Knigts, in code with my going more and more Pro Nobbel, but, A bit to much passion, becouse this happen
EU3_11-1.jpg

War is going very well.
EU3_21-1.jpg

This was not a suprice at all, As I planed for it, But so HARD to to what your AE is, and how big your AEN is as well.. so need a good feel for it.

EU3_1-1.jpg

With BAD AE comes bad trades that dont pay for there goods
EU3_14-1.jpg

+
EU3_15-1.jpg

wich mostly only have one respond,
EU3_2-1.jpg

Never used the big one, find it to costly, unless its in colonies, then I always use it, and sometimes in non accepted culture + all basetax 2 or bellow.
My Tradecenter gets only the best, its gona need it for sure
EU3_3-1.jpg

Getting more Cores=more TAX=more investmens=more pristige= +10% income
EU3_5.jpg

EU3_6.jpg

Bill of rights, more AE, less problems, less Piracy.

Among other things, War is almost at a end, AE is good, have been "forced" to borrow more money, apart from MAX minting for almost a full year, even thou I am at crap STA, but I can live with it. 1% is not to bad, and I offen find my self have to much BB, so good to always have something to burn away, (do not want to get to close to maximum BB, unless I have the right NI).

My Dukes are dying quite fast
EU3_16-1.jpg

A better duke in wait, but shoud be carefull, dont want to run out of em :-(

Getting free monks. love these peaple, as well as the jews.
EU3_17-1.jpg

the other options was
EU3_18-1.jpg
EU3_20-1.jpg
EU3_19-1.jpg

Getting This mostly becouse its CORE culture, so shoud be free with me, and it will core fast, I give it 50/70 years, not more, unless something nasty happens.. (like framed)
EU3_22.jpg

And Gona take a extra province, as my BB can hold it, gona need it in the long run anyway.
EU3_24.jpg

Next step in gona be a Decade of peace, repaying my rate big loans, Coring, or 2 dacades of peace. is after all 11BB.​

PS: will tray to work more with the pictures, I must be able to have em look better, and be less of em. If other can, so can I.

Coments if you like, plz.... :p:D

Will you form France or Germany in the end?:)

Will you form France or Germany in the end?:)

well. I will form France for sure. (If i can, mioght be hard as thay always get kolonies before I can take all of france. runing away from me GRRR. ) But The long term plan is to diplo annex em, and from time to time, Ether Be the HRE empirer, or form Germany IF I can. Right now, there is some Bugs (i think) with the 30years war. So you can not win it, unless your the HRE empirer in the first place. in my test game, it was not an option to make any demands, only let time run out, and get a "white peace" and accep all faith and so on..

Oh my, things you do are crazy! Getting to minus stability, getting loan forced upon you, attacking OPMs inside HRE without casus belli... that is unbelievable! You better slow down or I suspect MM will punish you soon (that's what it's known for anyway ;))

Wow, I had no idea that you could join the HRE like that... expensive but makes it a lot easier to become Emperor and saves you from having to fight Austria in those early wars, plus the extra defense vs. France. If you can pick up a good -interest adviser the cost of the loans isn't too great either.

Just neeed put updated it one more time before I sleep, just cant resist.

@ Jack: Its not SOO bad, There is no Consekvenses, for helping your self to that. Even thou I think its close to have some, and its only becouse The HRE (AU)is so strong, gave him 500 gold after all. He help his freind in war VS me, It shoud be okay to "free" the peaple after all. I do have Bill of rights you know ;-)

@ Rabid: The only problem with that is that I then shoud fire an adviser that i need in the long run(gov4) or my artists 3-4 wich I need now. But yes, true, A banker does work out quite well.

Priority 1: Keep Pristige over 75 at any cost. Nothing comes before pristige, as I both neeed it, and It does sheild me from nasty event(and gives good ones)

Order of the Golden fleshe is WOWish, and It pains me, that you have to be a feudal monaky, as its VERY hard to get to that pristige AND in time. unless your trying to take back your cores and so on like I am. However I am sure its not evry game the "Feast of the P.." comes, might be wrong, but its a very poverfull one(or can be) I did not take it, as I will be "Occiped" elsewhere. I find it ultra Ironic that it speaks about the Golden Flece even thou I cant put that into effect!
Our Glorius Claim for Merts(right culture :) )

1-3.jpg

Relationship in going DOWN with the HRE, but thats okay, as i got a majer bust when i started the game. To bad that you CANT improve relationship IF you have illigal lands in the Impere, and its to costly to say NO(creating of new imperial instituens), but why do you want to do that anyway?

Things are starting to go better, loans are goign away,

2-3.jpg

My fleet is getting a problem, as it cost 1.4 gold each mounth, (lowest cost), I have 10 ships, but my suply is only 7(5,54+3-15% land vs sea - 1,2% becouse of provinsial measures. AND something from the total lack of naval NI, it says I have very littlle idea how to build ships, OR how so seal em. So right now, I am having a fleet becouse of..(not sure)

4-2.jpg

A Bit longer wait time, but I hope my BB will be low when this goes away as I then will get a faster Coring time NI will help as well.

Then, things goes as thay do, more BB, Illigal lands cost alot in AE, + more= Not the best Ae, however, its not bad, Ineffecient administration is oki, Its a DONT GO TO WAR AE!

5-1.jpg

However, I get nice rich fancy jews, that pay gooood taxes, for a extra cost. I like jews for a loot of reasons, Events mostly, tradelinks, advisers, war help and money.

6-1.jpg

This event has always been fasinating to me, becouse its NOT what you read in it. not at all. IF you Support theres a higher chance of the NI Revolution and counter R(wich is an nice idea, but almost impossible to lose to the rebels that comes with it)
The Do not... I have never taken, not sure why you shoud take it. The ods for losing a base tax is huge!
The last option(side with..) is not as bad as it look I have read. Becouse there is a chance of one side to win, and then there is a 90% chance to gain one base tax. Never done it, so dont know, but at least that is what I have read. + plutocracy is almost always nice.

7.jpg

Loan Status. High intest, but I neeed to be in the HRE.

8.jpg

Last payment. Got Powerfull aristocrats wich sucks, big time, almost no good with the fraktion, unless there happy, wich is rater HARD. (great if in border province thou). Getting more Piracy. I like this way of doing it, VS Vanilla. now your drowning in gold, and there is a better way of showing it, wich works quite well.

9.jpg

I had an adviser die of old age, to bad, but got a nice new one. Did not need 2 artists anyway. +1 Stability is great as well. More support to the Knights, need to borrow them in tunges, so I can get ULTRA advisers for war. Its a very long investment, that might not give anything at all, but but, Sometimes it does. and like the idea harrasing the otto´s a lot. It gives bonues to ship moralle(useless) and how many diplomats your getting(needed). Got no adviser from building the Grand prioty thou = 5 of the needed ones)

10.jpg

Thougt I wantet to show peaple that dont know the mood, how WE effekts you..
11.jpg

Generel nice flaver with the pope. I deeply enjou all of it, however I just wish there where more event, not with the pope, but with Martin Luther and protestantism. I have tried a few times, to merge reformed, protestandismwith the pope, to se it it can be done(Be france, get religius ideas only, jerusalem and so on). But have not succeded. So dont know if you can.
12.jpg

More nice events, I did take the +1 stability, vs -1 and -1centralisation, but as it turned out, it was not needed, becouse it got an event that gave +1 sta in the first place. So by being gamy i lost -1 Centralization(READ lower AE).

AND invited jews, jews and more jews. Hope Im gona se some. I dont think I will take humanist tolerens. As its one steep close to useless NI.
13.jpg

As you can se. Alexandria tradecenter is hard to earn gold in. I have plenty of cost, so can sail there, but something to do with its in afrika and well. dont get it... offen find I can earn gold in india but not in that tradecenter, unless I am the Byz/ethopia. And building my army now, as WE is gone. Saving quite a lot on it.

14.jpg

IMPORTENT--> got a diplomatik insult from France, with no secundary events/konsekvenses-> BUT i made my alliances with Britany and proviance.

Somehow my king died, I am sure its becouse the HRE Empirer dont like me, and that he is sending his spies after my 10,5 guiltless duke.
15.jpg

When I have assembled my army, hell breaks loose.
16.jpg

Need to go to beed, rest will come tomorrow sometime. :mad:

I'm a MM big fan so I'll be following. Intrigued by your uncommon -oh, down with niceties: plain-crazy-!- strategies and well, I need to see how this massive noble opposition will play out :)
Although I have to admit I find reading hard due to spelling issues; luckily informative pics are there (a bit more cropping would do them good though)! (Don't take an offence but why don't you use a spell-check software?)

@ Gabor : I should use Word more, true, a very time. Don’t take offence; I know it’s bad, and that I should use software spelling cheaks more often. I just find em useful, and mistrustfully, because I sometimes get a totally wrong word, even thou it looks the same. (And whent thou the spelling thingy).

Dont se the crazy part in what I am doing. If I take more in the HRE, true....

Last edited:
The war of the nobels

Not much to say about this, Mostly, that I will work on how to decrease the power of the nobles in the long run, but need to be when I am more ready for it.

1-4.jpg

I pick the option to pay Compensation to the families, and was forced to borrow gold once more (NEED gold mine, not sure how to get it!)

England is Very kind indeed, as they share there rebels with me. Dutch rebels that is.
I did not return the kindnes...

3-3.jpg

Reforms of the HRE have written a bit about it earlier, but wanted to share the picture it, as some don’t know it.. Relationship with the HRE is VERY key factor in the game, it’s not something you want to neglect, or getting low(BAD BAD EVENTS!), and I think the threshold for doing norty(bad) stuff is lower. As I have non Cored land I do not get the +10. But I do get the negative if i pick that, but that’s a bad idea general speaking.

10-1.jpg

new adviser :)
4-3.jpg

I think the picture speaks for it self. I am suprised that I got it this fast, A bit luck and even more luck.
5-2.jpg

town hall, have been in this mood for ages, but its one of the nice things in the game :) +3% globol produktion eff.. NICE :)

6-2.jpg

Coring is going Great. Plz note that cores dont come after 50 years, but many faktors
play a role in that(love it).

7-1.jpg

I might spare the masses, but thought about it. A bit. But then clearance hit me, first chance and they mangling for power, even thou they can’t hardly get more, so "traitor- Kill em all!"

The effect is not the same. I think the bedst option is "exile and exproriate them" unless you have to much BB, then its the first one. Lowes BB by a bit.
8-1.jpg

The effekt-
9-1.jpg

New Duke, new times, He first action was to raise inflation by 1% and build his glorious "Dukedom". He cannot get a higher title as he is a part of the HRE, unless there is 3 kings. Can only by 4 kingdoms (i think might be lower) in HRE.

As you can see, royal Marriages and BB have a nice effect on ech other. Don’t do it for inheriting lands, but mostly for more limitary.+1 pristige

10-1.jpg

Last edited:
AND there Shall be peace!

Peace be with you

The Duke have vast lands, Rich lands, Blessed lands, won With blood of Nobles, Peasants, not to forget, With the Blessing of Holy Mother Church(The war started with a miracle after all). The first action by the new Blessed Duke is to improve what he already has. His lands might be rich, but will never truly prober without small markets, which might grow and make his people prosper.

1-5.jpg

A Nobel are fund guilty in acting Cruel and non Christian, His family will be strip from power forever, and put to death for his unchristian actions. Our Emperor is not pleased with us, he has send his Agents after
the Duke(event), but is sending a lot of spies as well. That is a problem, because we have 0% defense vs. spies. (-20% because the nobles are pissed)

2-5.jpg

The Duke understands that he needs a own land so that his troops can work from Holland to his palace. Therefore he started to find allies, old documents to make a clam on worms (Getting a core)

3-4.jpg

Our Great Duke, in all his Wisdom power and Glory has declared that his only Vassal is better under his direct rule, and that is should be forever so. He does not grant them local self rule. This does not go well with the Emperor, not with the locals..

4-4.jpg

After some years, the gold starts to flow from his markets. He wanted to reinvest that gold in his people, but unable to increase the markets size. He began to improve the Cottage workshops. Every little help. The Nobles did not like it, as poor peasants, are unable to do anything about it, and keeping the Status Que meaning keeping power. The duke did not listen, and demanded extra taxes from the merchants’ (33Gold).

5-3.jpg

With the increased wealth comes new thinkers from Constantinople--> came new ideas, or old retold. The Faithfull and religious duke thought hard and long about these ideas. The duke did not truly believe in these ideas, and was faithful with Holy Mother church. He wanted to build a university in within the wall of his Palace to further investigate these ideas. There might be truth in it. But did not have the technology to do so. (gov teck 13 is needed)
------------------
The last option leads to away from the pope. (to Martin luther)

Build 7-10 of em(Or 5 markets) , and "tax" the merchents.
------------
6-3.jpg

The nobles have gone against us, once more, and trying to push their way unto us, with the help of the Emperor. The duke will not have that way, and Refuses to listen to this nonsense.
---------------------
The Rebels are Austrian. I think they will get a core if they take the province, or at least give it to the emperor. Nasty ended.
---------------------------

7-2.jpg

The few philosophies that have come our way have blessed us with the knowledge they have. We have now made a public decree that gives all Constantinople’s nobles and learned citizens free passage in hope to gain from their ancient Greek ideas.
-----------------
Got a free adviser that I earn a bit gold on(getting -5 each year, so just pick one, and waitet for someone else to hire him, always lvl 1 or 2)

the +0.3 Yearly Cultural Tradition is useless. Need like a shitload of em to ever make a suplus. There is quite a way from 0.3 to 5. Its not 5(10%) as it is in Land or N, but -5.
------------------

8-2.jpg

Part 2 of Forging a Core. The more you pay, the faster it does(but not this time, but generelly)

1-6.jpg

The populace is not happy with their duke and his polices. The Nobles are behind this, no doubt. And as you can see, my spy def, is not… optimal. And not much I can do about it atm.

2-6.jpg

The Duke still building, and finding new ways of improving his lands and how to govern his land. Time has come to Pick an extra National Idea. Internal Security is gona be a big help with that. Brings a big AE, but keeping bad events and more important right now, The Holy Roman Empire’s spies away.
--------------------
The Nation State is an option to pick an advanced idea (read powerful). Unlike the vanilla game, NI is important and does something useful, all of them. It’s not always the same 10 pick, because the rest them sucks. This Idea I will comment on soon.
--------------------
3-5.jpg

New world event(not there, so dosent matter!). but makes colonies cost -50% to the claiment and cost more for others.

4-5.jpg

Claim moves on, or not, time well tell.

5-4.jpg

News from the world! Something you dont se offen.
-----------------
The Imperial circuit is a form of mini empeor, gives CS and a bit more.
-----------------

6-4.jpg

The Duke when out of his castle to see the markets he built where is going. By doing so, he thought about improving the markets, so he did. To save gold, he only built it in a week travel distance, more had been better, but this task he will pass on.
--------------------
Small markets are build in some provinces so that all borders a province that have one. 2 reasons for this.
1: bad events if they don’t.
2: better to wait for the merchant faction to get powerful(they get it by building this, OR by having more land)
--------------------

7-3.jpg

Minor Qualms, weee

8-3.jpg

The Duke wanted feared to be forgotten. He had not won land like his father’s before him, nor freed far away people. So the thought to himself, a Glorious and gigantic monument should do the job. He had been saving up for years for this very moment. In this very Moment of HIS glory the Austrians that have been plotting against him, sending their spies was demanding to be recognized as a Kingdom. Surely no such thing can be!
The Knights of St John did send an adviser, if war should be at our doorsteps.
----------------
PLZ note, that Luneburg & Altmark is “free” once more, but Hannover is occupied. If I wage WAR on Denmark, and take Hannover and Oldenburg, The Laws of HRE decree that I can keep them as Denmark is a Forgen/(non HRE) power.
----------------

9-2.jpg

moving fast :)
what I like about 'Glorious monument' decision is boost to prestige; as prestige is all-important, it'll pay off sooner or later. Money can always be obtained.
Btw, by 'crazy' I meant your move to go into severe debts to become a HRE member; the game is usually financially difficult early, so that was a considerable risk imo. How is your inflation?
How can you manage to compete in so many CoTs; isn't infamy killing your chances?

It seems interesting things are happening outside Burgundy: AI forming Hannover (has it become an elector?) or Denmark actually succeeding in northern Germany (that's uncommon in my experience).

It also feels that either your spelling has improved or I gou used to its eccenticity :) I find reading your aar easier, pics are still a great help.

moving fast :)
what I like about 'Glorious monument' decision is boost to prestige; as prestige is all-important, it'll pay off sooner or later. Money can always be obtained.
Btw, by 'crazy' I meant your move to go into severe debts to become a HRE member; the game is usually financially difficult early, so that was a considerable risk imo. How is your inflation?
How can you manage to compete in so many CoTs; isn't infamy killing your chances?

It seems interesting things are happening outside Burgundy: AI forming Hannover (has it become an elector?) or Denmark actually succeeding in northern Germany (that's uncommon in my experience).

It also feels that either your spelling has improved or I gou used to its eccenticity :) I find reading your aar easier, pics are still a great help.

Have been using Word, in hope that it will improve it, but having dyslexic(ia?)is an extra challenge. But mostly its about practice, practice and more practice, a bit help there and there about, one word from time to time.

Hannover can only form if they are an Elector(they ant) OR have an circuit which they do. First time EVER i have seen it done by AI, and They doing quite good(not jet, but will soon in my ARR).

Denmark is not that uncommon, they often beat the Crap out of a lot of minors and then lose BIG time in the next war.

I Always find money a Problem, at the start I do not find it as a BIG problem, because the best use, is minting, as teck cost are GREAT(X years to ..). My inflation is not a problem, have been raising and falling between 2 and 3.3 for some time.

I am best bodies with Lûbeck, and gona stay that way. SO BB does not impact by trading chances.

EDIT: Just discover who you are. I have been following your ARR´s for quite some time.. The Navarre I learned quite a bit with, and great reading as well. Its with Great joy that I am reading The Holy See MMU. I have been trying to do some testing about if its an option to all out reform The Holy Mother church so much, that it will melt and only be one, unified, holy church back. Glad that your following my ARR, off all the people, here I did not expect YOU!

In the lord year of 1494, Good news did come at long last; our Great Emperor finally agreed that the people of worms should belong to us. Diplomacy had finally worked its wonders. However we had to take it by force, as Palatine will not just have it over.

Among other news, The knights have begun in sending advisers. The heir might be a bit too keen on their teaching. The duke however was busy elsewhere by new claims, but much more important, improving increasing the size of the army as France was a bit too eager to "borrow" our lands, so busy that he did not notice the passion of war in his son.
-------------------
YES you can get 20BB from a spy mission in the mod! Never done it thou. The cost is $$$
-------------------

1-7.jpg

Some of the duke´s policies pay off in cold cash. The Peasant doesn’t know better, and are not happy but it, fearing the future.
------------------
Once of these NICE events, don’t know if it is in vanilla, but I find it very good, not to powerful. Only gets it when you have an innovative slider. I think that there should be more event in generally, but more as times go on(as well as teck)
------------------

2-9.jpg

The dukes wanted to be a good role model, and thought it might be a good lesson if the thought his son about war, he was gona need it if the French one day was to attack his peaceful realm. so he reasoned that is might not heart to take back what was his in the first place, Calais, and in the war, help Oldenburg back under HRE rule. He did spend a good time away from teaching his son about war, away to talk to princes and kings about Utrecht.

----------------
One mission done, on to the next one. Don’t get a core on conquest. I have plenty of manpower, The way to take forts, is not by siege in this war, but by Storm! It’s hardly Stromtroppers, but still, what they do. Will cost 6BB to annex it, too much as it’s inside the HRE.
-----------------

3-7.jpg

The Duke has his hands full in running his dukedom making sure that things run good and pushing his claims. He has therefore sent his son to learn from a general. He is doing well, if word on the street is to be trusted, so well that his sword and armor are requested in a war away land, and send there, for the prestige in it. The new farming techniques have indeed given fruit, even more to tax(+1).. The nobles are happy as well, have given the State a present.

Poor envious peasants are attacking the nobles there, but after the “army of Calais” is sent there, it ends faster then started. The 7000 man strong army did not have anything else meaningful to do, but wait if some Englishman should pop by.

The high counsel recommends waiting about 10years before claiming Calais and Oldenburg for himself.

--------------------
When Occupied runs out of time, I take de-facto control of it, and England looses it. Nice thing, as in vanilla, the AI does sometimes never want to give up, like here, even thou, there is no way it can take it back, ever. Unless France backstab me. But as England have Declared WAR on France, that will prob. not happen.
--------------------

3y1s4.jpg

As a birthday present from Duke to son, to be granted whatever he wanted, as long as it’s not to be duke, instead of the duke, and that the duke can do it. The Son asks for a war on Palatine. The father things about it for a short while, but he knows that he is a old and aging duke, that will not life for long, and there is a good chance for wining. The son is gona take his please soon enough, so why not. He might learn that war is not the solution for all.
The Commercial faction is NOT plessed as there trade income goes down the drain.
The tries to centralize his dukedom unnoticed in the duel war. It might have goon better. Peasants’, nobles and the middleclass are not happy about it at all.
--------------------
Not much so say. WE goes up. income goes down. There is a long wait in front of me anyway, so why not?
--------------------

5-5.jpg

After some fighting and killing, Worms have fallen. He quickly signs a peace treaty with galantine as his father give him the authority to do, and say´d he should do when worms was in his power. The Son is so close to ending the river toll, just a little walk down the countryside. The high Consul/advisers with him did not need much persuading to set the son on the mach to Mainz. Not for Conquest, but for stopping the River tax.

The nobles did not take it lightly to have a Simi renegade heir. Nor did the Monarchist fearing the end of the monarchy. However the clergy was generally just anti war over a miner disagreement.
------------------
WE is getting a bit to high, but the I just want to the mission over with. No lands gained or anything. I cant have peace as I want to make for the "wait"
------------------

66.jpg

The Jews want to help out, in hope of gaining the respect for the countrymen and nobles. The help is accepted by the wise Duke. He hoped for thing that will reduce the WE, but only got Gold..
Filthy Rich Jews!
Rater want give money thing food and shelter.
----------------------
You get this event when WE is getting high. Its very nice, Can get a +1 sta.
Just a side note. I like Jews! Don’t know a lot of em. but thought is was okay to say this. I have once got a 100tradition general! That is something that wins war, BIG TIME! Manpower is VERY low, but 1000-3000 is not gona cut it. Mostly sieges thou. And one big 30 main army!. Its not recommended!
----------------------

7-6.jpg

This Is a picture of what might have happen, but DID NOT. Not sure why it did not. Might have been that the 5BB did scare me. Don’t know. But for all that is good, I should have done it. Just wanted to share it. As I might not have the chance later in the game. 5 BB is not that bad, as I have almost none, and I get a +1 to max BB for 70years or so. +2,5% tax.

8-5.jpg

The Duke´s charms have done wonders once more, Utrecht is given up by major power, and we have been given rights for it. But the Duke spent too much time at it, that his dukedom is showing cracks in its leadership (government). Just by looking out of his window he could see the peasants suffering, but he was getting old, he wanted to make a last effort to make sure that his lands was connected when his son was to inherit it. He therefore send his most trained spies to do his last task for them. Trier!

9-3.jpg

The God fearing duke fears for the war. Manpower is low, getting better thou, but still. He pushes for reformation of the army, The University of Brabant have come up with an idea how to make his soldiers better with the experience from the wars going on right now. The Jews are keener than ever to help out, however, still only with gold!
As the fleet is useless, we hardly know how so sail, we donate a Grand Warship to the knights, in hopes of getting advisory guidance. The duke knows his son is gona need it.

The Son on the other hand is doing not too bad. The river told has been stopped, and 50gold is to be pay’ed in reparations (For lost lives, pain and suffering). The Son, that is both blessed with a keen tongue, clear mind, not to forget, brilliant mind have BIG ambitions for his dukedom to come. He have sworn to build the University of Burgundy, unlike his father that disliked war, he feels both ready and willing to take what should be his, A part of Italy. Only when the pope is at hand, we will be able to protect Rome properly.
In time, when He will be in power, he will see his vision come into this world - A part of Italy. End the threat from France, once and for all. However, first he needs the brilliant minds that fled to Italy from the Byzantine Empire.
---------------
I will still get 4/8BB for each peace of land I take in Italy. Got to love the Jews! Thought about giving a full Grand Fleet, but the odds of a better adviser was slim. So I went for a warship.
Going as planed in general, however, WE is getting a bit high. The knights have moved some place at the Greek cost. I am too far away, too weak to help them at this time. In time, I might help them with some land, if given to option.

---------------
10-2.jpg

The duke knows that Calais is a province of France, and as a dukedom of France, he should give it back to France. He wanted to free the poor people in Calais from the English, not give them on to somebody else to suppress them. Not to forget, the nobles demand more land!
The duke forbade his son to keep on fighting in Jylland, as his master plan is working just fine.
---------------
MMU event, no more unless wars for England never to give over Calais. De-facto in my control and all know that, only England does not agree on it. Getting Recognized owner as well :) gives 1BB.
---------------
11-1.jpg

The warrior duke asens to power!
12-1.jpg

Last edited:
First few years of the new militant duke

The new duke, sign peace treaty with, Spain, Denmark, Hessen and England. Getting 9 Bad Boys and 100gold as well. The international community hints its about time to NOT hear from us for some time, so does the nobles.
-------------
The last”long wait” comes thou. If I was to redo it, I will have taken it in a peace treaty for SO many reasons. First the right event, not just aided like it’s a HRE province, but that I bring it back in. I can do 5 BB! Does not count vs my global HRE BB! Get a famine, first one. Almost always give out rations. Get it because I am quite often blockaded. The picture says it all, end up in something like 10 BB. Not too bad.
------------
1-8.jpg

The Duke wanted to honor his father wish by building a better fortress. The dukes abilities is not living up to his people’s expectations. He will not have show the support that they demand of him to the Emperor. However, he allows them to volunteer for military service. (Event that gives +1 HRE authority, -1000 manpower). The nobles on the other hand, sends him on a trip around his country, a costly affair thou.
---------------------
This is an interesting thing. The Austrians is inhering Milan, but somehow don’t get a core. Might be an option they get, but should get a core. Seen others as well, that don’t get a core (outside HRE thou). Note that there is 2 Dates! Lombadia is turned into a demise, then given “back” to France. On the other hand Parma is “returned to Milan, and somehow end up in the hands of an Italian minor. Getting a lot of “popular support for the Emperor at the moment”.
----------------------
2-10.jpg

elsewhere in HRE!
3-8.jpg

The Dukes institutes administrative monarchy in hope that he will be better in controlling the nobles, He is fearing that Bill of rights might have been a bad idea, as it strengthen the nobles, however not much he can do about it now.
As a good Christian he welcomes new people, in hope that the pope will notice his good actions. It did not go as the duke has hoped.
On the Dukes trip around his dukedom, he picked up a taste for architectural designs.
Of all the things the duke did that year, the most important thing, by far, was to construction of the University of Burgundy.
--------------------
Catholics are fleeing from the heretic Russia, nothing to do about that, except welcome the poor people. Denmark has become Greater Denmark.
The very thing I have been waiting for, Formalize scales, weights and measures, needs Good AE that can be hard to get. At least for me. The bonus is nice. It all helps!
--------------------
4-7.jpg

The dukes vision in Italy! If he can’t rule freely in peace, let there be WAR! At least some of the nobles might die in it. There is quite some rumors going against this move in the court.
--------------------
I think I can do it, get a core on it all, a loot of BB thou!
--------------------
5-6.jpg

The new duke, sign peace treaty (...) Getting 9 Bad Boys and 100gold as well.

I fear to think how they partied afterwards! No wonder the whole Europe shuns you and your nobles send you looks. ;)

I'm not sure; did you enact the 'scales and measures' decision? If so, how did you get 'good government' then?

The Lombardia thing is not so crazy; but I get what sort of madness you refer to. I saw once Bohemia inherit Bavaria to release all provs save the capital later.

Hannover: wow! Let me ask you again, are they an elector, the eighth one?

A political map of Europe will be nice.

I think I can do it, get a core on it all, a loot of BB thou!
--------------------
5-6.jpg
[/CENTER]

How are you going to go about it? Forging claims?
Btw, 'a loot of BB' also made me chuckle. Is it the 'loot of the Bad Boys'? Your eccentric spelling introduces some snippets of humour into your aar. :p

I fear to think how they partied afterwards! No wonder the whole Europe shuns you and your nobles send you looks. ;)

I'm not sure; did you enact the 'scales and measures' decision? If so, how did you get 'good government' then?

The Lombardia thing is not so crazy; but I get what sort of madness you refer to. I saw once Bohemia inherit Bavaria to release all provs save the capital later.

Hannover: wow! Let me ask you again, are they an elector, the eighth one?

A political map of Europe will be nice.

How are you going to go about it? Forging claims?
Btw, 'a loot of BB' also made me chuckle. Is it the 'loot of the Bad Boys'? Your eccentric spelling introduces some snippets of humour into your aar. :p

I SOOO much enjoy when you replay. I will like to thx you for that :)

I did pass the 'scales and measures' decision. It’s quite easy to get Good AE, if you plan for it. When I institutes administrative monarchy, you get something like +10 AE. Is quite a lot.. Went from cable government, so only one step up. Also, did not take so much land as I wanted to end up in GOOD AE, before starting to take land. It is also the reason that I mostly took very expansive land(READ HRE land), as well as having +10 from Bill of rights, +10 from bureacracy.

Its wird they don’t get cores.. I have some pic´s im gona share tonigt.
Hannover is NOT an elector. Hannover is only having an “imperial Circuit”. It does not need to be an elector for form Hanover.
Cant Form Claims as I have no borders Cored lands.

Learning new words from you, I might have some you never have seen as well, doubt somehow there real words.. But it’s nice to learn new stuff. Most people with my “illness” cant read or write, and those that can, spell funny, we think a bit.. Strange as well. But well, its all a part of the Glory of the Creation. Gona take that as a compliment.

Last edited:
Adventures in Italy

The First Bergundyen War in Italy

The Duke´s passion for the Italians universities run high, The Burgundian University hot not jet been completed, not to mention that he needed bright minds to hire, in order to turn it into the nation best university.
He Declared war on Urbino. Tuscany, Seina, Genoa and Venice join Urbino, with Venice as leader. The fact that Brittany and Aragon were traitorous did not bother the duke at all. His pride was too great even to notice that they did not Horner the treaty.
His Arrogance had only been increased by the Holy roman Emperor did all in his effort to picture him as a false duke.
-----------------
Not much do say, my fleet is staying home, one more. not much use. and so costly.
-----------------

1-9.jpg

Elsewhere in the HRE, Austria is getting quite bigger, no cores, and for a few years got the assembly of estates. Got a Core on Buda thou. Nice for Austria, less for me. At least I hope to see some HRE Crusades. Never seen one. Not one. Not seen a successful revolution ether (from the NI!). Even if you get the idea, you only get a puny rebel stack that you can’t lose to, and often just stand on the same 2 provinces for 10years+, but that’s another story. Austria is having 0.18 BB royal marriages..

2-11.jpg

Calais have been siege for quite some time, but the dukes glories armies, that have won battle after battle in Italy did not make it home in time. However, they make short work of the Geneon’s defenders. The duke can soon be lighting his palace with heretics like the Roman Emperor before him did so many years before. The duke is impressed with all the blood that is bleed, but deep is his warrior heart he knows, that the True and holy church is built on Holy Saints and that the church is standing on the rock Jesus chose. At least that is what he has been told.
-----------------
I have been thinking about turning heretic, but don’t think I’ll do it, for a change. I think there is a very good chance of getting the NI “Revolution and counter R “ However, I have never seen em done anything good, not have seen the IDEA of the idea, because there is no chance of ever losing to em, even if I wanted to. And yes I have tried more than once.

3-9.jpg

Just before the war ends, the never ending blockades are tarring its toll. Ironic as we don’t have any real knowledge about sailing, we should be able to buy most stuff from France, Spain, or HRE anyway. In all his glory and brilliance, to dukes does not understand, this. But he makes tax cuts for helping his people.
------------------
As you can see, I have Put core in the Picture, that is what I get, from my mission (se previously picture), that’s 20BB- I did not take Modena, as I knew I get something extra, from events. Not to forget 22 is max. And Ill properly piss of the nobles, (all always…) and by that lover my max BB.
As my nice NI (internal security) is doing its job, I will get the penalties for max BB later, rater then NOW.
-------------------

4-8.jpg

The nobles are quite keen with a royal marriage with Hannover. The duke doesn’t understand them, as we both have the same dynasty. However he agrees to please them. While his court is celebrating the marriage, is of wandering off in his mind how wonderful it is, to have fulfilled his Great fathers dream. Both in Italy, and Burgundy, well almost at least. Modena will come soon when a good option will be there, might even get Firenze as a form of interest. The Patricians is still asking for his help, as the poor but violent peasant is attacking them.
The Duke thought about closing the ecclesial courts (canonical/church courts), but agreed with himself, that he was not the Holy Father himself, and that the authority of his holiness, he might get severe problems if he tried to.
--------------
Not much to say.. all cored. Almost at peace, want t bit of gold. WE is quite low.
--------------

5-7.jpg

The duke was quite surprised by his father’s wisdom and foresight. Now his lands was swimming in brilliant minds, So his old man, was perhaps right when he said there was greater Honor in peace them war…
He passed the school establishment act as well. He moved all his investments to government in hope that some new Fantastic ideas might spring of it, like his father said it would, and end the threat of France.
-------------------
On a personal note, I have never seen this event before, and to put it lightly I was thrilled by it. Much might be said about it, but I took the first one. If you apply it to the Arts, you can end up with 50 culture with a bit of luck (that is rare in this mod, rare to get over 20 in the first place1). I ended up with Stability2, had only one before I took the sceenie.
--------------------

6-6.jpg

The Duke is still burning the heretics, even thou there are SOOO many after all, he even speaks out against this heresy, his tried to come the people down with the fact that His holiness is fighting corruption within the ecclesiarchy(church) itself. He even goes as far as given the people more power. The nobles are not pleased at all. The duke is planning to take more power away from the nobles, but hasn’t come up with some brilliant plan jet. His very own army reformer is pissed, and does not leave without making a fuss about it.
The dukes son is not, well, have a way of telling the wrong stuff to the wrong people. Might be a problem. Happen to 2 times, it does not look god on the duke himself.
The duke is holding festival, after festival. The other powers does not change their view on him of that reason.
--------------------------
Well, mostly you can see from the picture, however the Merchant are restless, is a nasty event, you get it because there is not a marked down there, as I don’t have the right advisers to get it (might get em, but have to say bye-bye to the ones I need.) you have an option to pay for giving it a marked in it, but it cost double of what it cost normally, (and that can be a lot, as it all adds up, can be 500gold)
---------------------------
7-7.jpg

New adviser just needed to show this(the -0.25). I bet you have never seen this before! In 1526! The lutherism is very small. In my test game I played, almost all turned away from the true faith, even France, England, Austria, Spain and Hungaria.

8-6.jpg

The Duke has the most glories honor of having a visit by his Holiness, and all the cardinals and bishops for a church council, but first, he has to turn to his new hobby, burning heretics, once more. So busy with all the burning, he forgot about a important meeting, and now, his claim for Trier is gone with the wind.
-----------
Niceties that its 2 pictures!
-----------

9-4.jpg

The Italian land is having an unforeseen problem, Muslim pirates, State sponsored once that is. The Duke does what his father learned him. Have Faith in God!, and finance a counter raid!.
-----------
These boys are a nice bit of MMU, and any MM game. Can be a nasty thing, but good things can come out of it as well. Very good indeed, but then you need to support them, if Christian, get away with it as well.
----------
10-3.jpg

The Duke agrees to allow catholic refugees in as he always does, and as the Pope tells a good ruler should do. However he did not expect a legendary man among them. A man he needed to hire. A man that will put his war lust back on track.
However, first thing was to attend to the church council, and do whatever they demands. Heresy speeds further into to HRE and corrupts the other dukes.

The Fathers plan did not last forever, and so the economy boost had lost its way. It was a truly sad moment for the duke. More sad that it had not jet given him the idea to pacify France.

11-2.jpg

When the church council ends, one of the very unhappy cardinals gives the duke a chance to “redeem” himself, however the duke will hot listen to this nonsense, And Demand that the Pope hold a new council!
There can be no salvation outside the church the duke claims, He sends him away for good. Just to be sure, there are no more of these heretics priest he plans a new trip around his dukedom. On his trip, he gives the Knights permission to build a new Priory.
With the help of his Grand admiral his expand his ports, to well, local ports…

12-2.jpg

Not much to say, Get the war started...
I am not the leader

13-1.jpg

The HRE..

14-1.jpg

The Long lasting Ideas to bring France into my dukedom have come.
It gives: More AE, Better income, a NICE CB, more stability investments and gona need that as I am getting bigger and bigger.
Just so you know, I am not gona build the Constables for some years. Only 10 BB, wartime!

15-1.jpg

The duke quickly understands the options he has at hand, The full dream complete, with extra land, filled with silk and universities. If he does not take Firenze soon, the Austrians will get it as an imperial demise. And then he will have a Fort deep inside the French lines to attack from, not to forget, a unified Italian dream.
-----------
On a more personal note, I properly, never have to invest more in government technology for the rest of the game. And it will give me 8,2BB. I can move on to France, that will give me 50% there land, and max 3BB- But it might be a problem to form France, as they have colonies now.

16-1.jpg

Ready for a majer war
Firanze will cost me extra 5BB, but I am ready for that.
----------​

Last edited: