+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 38 ... LastLast

Thread: TRIPARTITE PACK for AoD (new graphics and audio)

BRA:

Boeing P-12

CAN:
    Avro CF-100 Canuck
    Lockheed CP-127 Neptune

HOL:
    Martin 139 W
    Koolhoven FK.59 (F.K. 59 was a planned development on F.K. 52, never built)
    Douglas 8A-3N

SAF:
    Blackburn Buccaneer

Most of them are b&w...

War is over! if you want it Titan79's Avatar
    Achtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus Vult
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Majesty 2Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSengokuSword of the Stars
    Supreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IVWarlock 2: The ExiledCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
    Crusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India

Quote Originally Posted by Hister View Post
    Yes that's it, thank you very much Titan!
    I somehow expected you would like it

Quote Originally Posted by manfred View Post
    BRA:
    Boeing P-12

CAN:
    Avro CF-100 Canuck
    Lockheed CP-127 Neptune
    HOL:
    Martin 139 W
    Koolhoven FK.59 (F.K. 59 was a planned development on F.K. 52, never built)
    Douglas 8A-3N
    SAF:
    Blackburn Buccaneer
    Excellent as usual, Manfred... just have a bit of patience and I'll turn them into icons!
    “Every truth passes through three stages before it is recognized: in the first it is ridiculed, in the second it is opposed, in the third it is regarded as self-evident” (Arthur Schopenhauer)

The main pack link seems to be down. Any chance of reupping this wonderful mod in the very near future?

Achtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus Vult
    Supreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IVWarlock 2: The ExiledCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
    Crusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India

Quote Originally Posted by BayesBug View Post
    The main pack link seems to be down. Any chance of reupping this wonderful mod in the very near future?
    First off, thank you for your appreciation .

Secondly, it seems like there had been some problems at Game Front; now it works again, though.

Good downloading! I'm waiting to read your thoughts about it after you've tried it .
    “Every truth passes through three stages before it is recognized: in the first it is ridiculed, in the second it is opposed, in the third it is regarded as self-evident” (Arthur Schopenhauer)

Achtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings II
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus VultEast India CompanyElven Legacy Collection
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Iron CrossKing Arthur IILost Empire - ImmortalsMajesty 2March of the Eagles
    Naval War: Arctic CircleVictoria: RevolutionsSemper FiSengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold War
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    Pride of NationsRise of PrussiaEuropa Universalis IV

Thank you for this package, Titan79. I had somehow screwed up my AoD 1.07 models folder. Nothing but lovely X's where pics should be. Well I copied the Core 0.50 models as a foundation, and then your mod. Your icons look great and are much more informative, and I have pics again. We'll see if I run into issues with the Core stuff, but heck, it's just graphics.
    "For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind." 2 Timothy 1:7

You're welcome - thank you for having tried it and for the appreciation .

Achtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyDarkest HourEast India CompanyHearts of Iron III
    Iron CrossMajesty 2Semper FiMount & Blade: WarbandRise of Prussia
    500k club

Quote Originally Posted by rosseau
    Thank you for this package, Titan79. I had somehow screwed up my AoD 1.07 models folder. Nothing but lovely X's where pics should be.
    those are the CORE icons, no?
    btw Titan, is your stuff compatible with CORE?

Quote Originally Posted by bestmajor View Post
    Titan, is your stuff compatible with CORE?
    Good question. Actually, I don't know; the best thing would be trying to install the TP after CORE and see what happens.

Alternatively, one should do a cross-check of the graphics files contained in the two mods but this could prove to be a much longer task.

What I know for sure is that land icons, at least, are not "compatible" given the fact that CORE uses a different divisional structure (light/heavy) for all infantry types (please CORE players correct me if I'm wrong on that) and so those divisions with an additional bataillon or regiment would need a different icon to be told from "normal" ones. I guess that ship and aircraft icons are ok, though; same for a lot of map/interface graphics (map colors, resource icons, sounds etc. - they're all compatible).

Finally, not sure about (units) pictures. It depends on whether CORE has changed/added units or not.

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    SengokuSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband500k club
    Europa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
    Crusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
    Crusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

A lot of stuff can be imported to CORE but the main parading Titan's horse aka the unit icons unfortunately can't be used in core. CORE has changed so much from vanilla that an easy port of unit icons isn't possible. Ship and aircraft icons are also not fully compatible.

All that being said there is a ton of stuff that one can copy from Titan's mod into CORE but it's not a quick task. You need to check folder by folder and understand what goes where and if suitable. I did this and I can say I'm experiencing this game to the fullest extent possible due to this so I encourage you all to do the same. It's a lot of fun actually since you decide on your own what suits you well and what not - it's a total personal custumatization (sp?).

Tiny bit of Titan's work has been included in the CORE mod by the devs themselves by default but if you want Titan's invaluable work to truly shine on your CORE mod you'll have to put a bit of an effort and copy-paste proper files on your own. In the process you will be able to boast in front of your friends that you have became a modder yourself

Make a backup of the game in case you are not sure what you are doing. You might screw something up
    Lose your honour on these forums and I'll make you commit seppuku

Go check out my AoD CORE 0.60 AAR!

Aircraft icons, from links kindly provided by manfred, done. A little sample:

Please download the "Corrections" file at the beginning of the first post in this thread, as usual.

Europa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
    Crusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham

By now it should be called "updates"

Achtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings II
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus VultEast India CompanyElven Legacy Collection
    Naval War: Arctic CircleVictoria: RevolutionsSemper FiSengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold War
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the Arcane

My AoD models file was kaput. So I copied all of the models from CORE and then the Tri models. So far, so good. I may run into oddities, but don't expect the game to actually crash. So for me, it was a life-saver. Thanks again
    "For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind." 2 Timothy 1:7

Yes, the game does not crash but icons do not correspond properly to what it is intended in core.

Download worked, and after playing with this mod a bit (as Germany) I must say the icons are really "wunderbar"
    GMWO.wav was a bit annoying after a while so i replaced it and the topbar while nice somehow i think its the wrong eagle. It looks like the Weimar Republic and modern Germany coat of arms eagle and while some statues/sculptures during the period had similar eagles I would think the more fitting one is the spread wing type of Reichsadler.

Hister,

Sorry to be so dense. I copied contents of CORE models into AoD 1.07 models folder, and then Tri models into folder... I didn't want to re-install via Impulse. Anyway, will it be just the wrong photo that may show sometimes, or something that really affects the game. Thanks guys.

It will be just wrong photos which won't affect the game.

Thanks, you are all gentlemen. Appreciate the mod and updates.

LOL. I've done exactly the same thing; installing TP over CORE and so far it seems to work fine. These extra scenarios are what CORE needed, and I guess we're back to des/sub squadrons now. I have yet to find a mod that doesn't have some mismatched photos, but so far, I have yet to see a mismatch with TP, which is refreshing. I found the omission of swastikas in AoD a little overly pc, though wouldn't mind a little higher res. The original CORE w/the unit size on the side of the symbol seemed higher res. I liked the model-box style portraits, but these icons are great and more WiF-like.

Quote Originally Posted by rosseau View Post
    My AoD models file was kaput. So I copied all of the models from CORE and then the Tri models. So far, so good. I may run into oddities, but don't expect the game to actually crash. So for me, it was a life-saver. Thanks again
    Thanks, you are all gentlemen. Appreciate the mod and updates.
    Again, thank you! It's a pleasure to know that this mod is being appreciated by some fellow AoD players

Quote Originally Posted by BayesBug View Post
    Download worked, and after playing with this mod a bit (as Germany) I must say the icons are really "wunderbar"
    I'm really obliged, thank you!

GMWO.wav was a bit annoying after a while so i replaced it and the topbar while nice somehow i think its the wrong eagle. It looks like the Weimar Republic and modern Germany coat of arms eagle and while some statues/sculptures during the period had similar eagles I would think the more fitting one is the spread wing type of Reichsadler.
    The GMWO "issue" has already been reported by bestmajor, who's also been a bit puzzled by it. I'm not so much annoyed by that, on the other hand; on the contrary, I'd say (although I can understand that it could become a bit tiresome for some people in some particular, message-filled situations. It's a matter of taste, I guess).

About the eagle: you're right, that's not the most common German eagle used during that period. However, it had the great advantage (from a graphical/modding point of view) to have its wings not spread so that it has been possible for me to make it fit better within the right part of the sidebar, where I've decided to put it. Very useful remark, though, thank you! I'll see if I can make another version of the topbar with the eagle you suggested.

Quote Originally Posted by macgregor View Post
    LOL. I've done exactly the same thing; installing TP over CORE and so far it seems to work fine. (...) I have yet to find a mod that doesn't have some mismatched photos, but so far, I have yet to see a mismatch with TP, which is refreshing.
    First off: thank you very much for the appreciation!

To answer to Rosseau as well:

You know, I've made a custom models.csv file (the one where unit models names are stored) for the TP in order to make all of the planes I've changed - in regard to vanilla AoD - match with their corresponding icon. I've also checked and changed accordingly the respective photos; so, as a matter of fact, when running the TP (or, when installing it over another mod along with my models.csv file, which is contained in the TP itself) you should not find any mismatched name and/or photo (for aircraft, at least).

I liked the model-box style portraits, but these icons are great and more WiF-like.
    Thank you! I'm not aware of how WiF icons do like, but I enjoy the "cleaner" look the icons in the TP have compared e.g. to SKIF (great work but not so easy to read, especially at a glance, IMHO). So, still long ago I felt the need to amend this situation... and the TP was eventually born after years of work .
    Last edited by Titan79; 01-10-2011 at 00:21.

Achtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyDarkest HourEast India CompanyHearts of Iron III
    Iron CrossMajesty 2Semper FiMount & Blade: WarbandRise of Prussia
    500k club

as for the voices: i probably would like them if they wouldnt occur so often. but thats the game, not Titans fault.

and Hister said it already:

You need to check folder by folder and understand what goes where and if suitable. I did this and I can say I'm experiencing this game to the fullest extent possible due to this so I encourage you all to do the same. It's a lot of fun actually since you decide on your own what suits you well and what not - it's a total personal custumatization (sp?).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 38 ... LastLast