• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It is the model icons I'm mostly after, those and the counters. May I ask which parts of the TPP you have ported?
Umgh, well a lot of stuff, not in the mood to list you everything I used. Why are you interested in that? make your own combo - that's the best way to do stuff. As for counters I've attached them below (were made especially for CORE latest version by Titan).

Attachments

• hoi_counter_strip.rar
    2,5 KB · Views: 47
Umgh, well a lot of stuff, not in the mood to list you everything I used. Why are you interested in that? make your own combo - that's the best way to do stuff. As for counters I've attached them below (were made especially for CORE latest version by Titan).

Ummm, ok sorry for asking... Thanks for the counters though.

It seems to me like you're saying that one should be warned that, if he uses SKIF, then applies the Tripartite Pack and then reverts back again to SKIF (which is what you seem to have done, as far as I get it), he will have some aircraft model names not matching with SKIF icons. Well, apart from the rather awkward path needed to achieve this effect, this is obvious. If the two mods were 1:1, mine would simply be called SKIF and not Tripartite Pack; but it is not so and thus it changes something in regard to vanilla and, in our case, to SKIF.

It is a wise rule everyone should always follow to make a backup of the game's files - or use programs like JSGME

I think you are confusing the issue. Its quite simple. You changed the order of the units in your mod. Other mods that rely on default ordering wont work with your mod because of this. Thus if I use your mod unaltered I cant use any other mod with it.

Its your prerogative to do whatever you want with your mod. But you should perhaps mention that you have changed the order of the units and that other mods wont work because of this. For your information I do use JSGME and I have altered your mod accordingly to work with SKIF. Other people might not be so knowledgeable.

My original post was just highlighting what someone might want to do to your mod in order to get SKIF etc to work with it ie delete the model.csv file in your mod. I am not taking anything away from your mod by mentioning this, neither am I trying to be insulting or derogative. I am just mentioning what I have found by my own experience.

Just because you have spent ages doing a mod and adding icons doesn't mean everyone is going to want tom use them. I personally prefer SKIF icons and Bebro sprites in addition to your mod.

BUT I think all modders are gods for what they do, because I know I couldn't be bothered to do what they do what you lot do. And what you do makes my gaming more enjoyable. I am therefore very grateful for what you guys do. Amen.

OK, so I just started a beta game of CORE 0.60 and after the initial confusion goes away I think I will love the mod! But, I sorely miss your graphics Titan... The vanilla unit graphics don't really do it for me. I know this is a question which has been raised previously, but is there a way of porting your mod to CORE? I read in the CORE mod description that you guys have already worked together?
Well, apart from thanking you very much for the appreciation for my mod, I can't tell you anything more my spokesman hasn't already explained you ;) .

You're right, the CORE team has included some of my graphics to their mod - but that's just some interface elements. Unfortunately, as Hister wrote, converting the icons would take a lot of time since one would have to edit them one by one, and we're talking about several hundreds, if not thousands, of them (I've never checked in detail how many of them - i.e. the model names - differ between vanilla AoD and CORE).

So, for the time being, you'll have to live with it... I could do the work, someday, but since it would be such a grand enterprise I'd need to be very motivated (and to have some serious spare time to devote to that).

As for counters I've attached them below (were made especially for CORE latest version by Titan).
Ah, by the way, I've noticed from your AAR screenshots, Hister, that the counters I've done for CORE are slightly off-centered (the unit size symbols on the left are partially covered). I might rework the file, provided you or Uandwhosearmy are bothered by that :) .

I think you are confusing the issue. Its quite simple. You changed the order of the units in your mod. Other mods that rely on default ordering wont work with your mod because of this. Thus if I use your mod unaltered I cant use any other mod with it.

Its your prerogative to do whatever you want with your mod. But you should perhaps mention that you have changed the order of the units and that other mods wont work because of this. For your information I do use JSGME and I have altered your mod accordingly to work with SKIF. Other people might not be so knowledgeable.

My original post was just highlighting what someone might want to do to your mod in order to get SKIF etc to work with it ie delete the model.csv file in your mod. I am not taking anything away from your mod by mentioning this, neither am I trying to be insulting or derogative. I am just mentioning what I have found by my own experience.

Just because you have spent ages doing a mod and adding icons doesn't mean everyone is going to want tom use them. I personally prefer SKIF icons and Bebro sprites in addition to your mod.

BUT I think all modders are gods for what they do, because I know I couldn't be bothered to do what they do what you lot do. And what you do makes my gaming more enjoyable. I am therefore very grateful for what you guys do.
Ok, I get your point. The fact, however, is simply that you're the first person who complained about this and - more importantly - it's not that other mods would "not work" after installing mine. There would be some 10 aircraft names differing from vanilla, a thing which almost no one would care about or, probably, even notice.

What you write is basically true, but you're making it like a gigantic problem, while it is not - especially when thinking that my aircraft setup is more accurate than vanilla's one. By the way, I stress again that German Int/Fig chain has not been changed (not before jets, at least), so I'm still asking myself where did you see Bf109s "all around" instead of Fw190s in 1944 after installing the TP. Last but not least, in the installation instructions in the readme file I warn the users to make a backup of their files beforehand, just in case they'd like to go back to the defaults.

I also wonder if you've reproved SKIF for displaying Stukas like biplanes... this is a "violation" of vanilla as well, isn't it...? ;)

Bottom line, I never stated that everyone should use my mod. Everyone's free to do as he wishes. It's just that reading that Hurricanes should be interceptors only because you saw them in an AoD scenario was simply bizarre, so to speak.

Last edited:
OK, so I just started a beta game of CORE 0.60 and after the initial confusion goes away I think I will love the mod!
I can assure you that's a perfectly normal reaction of someone who starts up CORE for the very first time... :D Mind you, it's hard to revert to Vanilla, once you get used to the CORE tech trees though. ;)

You're right, the CORE team has included some of my graphics to their mod - but that's just some interface elements. Unfortunately, as Hister wrote, converting the icons would take a lot of time since one would have to edit them one by one, and we're talking about several hundreds, if not thousands, of them (I've never checked in detail how many of them - i.e. the model names - differ between vanilla AoD and CORE).
Not only that, it's somewhat of a moving target at this very moment, though the dust should have largely settled by now. Which is one of the reasons I'm still playing catch-up as to getting the new model graphics sorted out for 0.60. There's been a large overhaul of models compared to 0.50, especially on the naval and air unit side of things. Having said that, I don't think we are about to seriously meddle with them again any time soon.

Ah, by the way, I've noticed from your AAR screenshots, Hister, that the counters I've done for CORE are slightly off-centered (the unit size symbols on the left are partially covered). I might rework the file, provided you or Uandwhosearmy are bothered by that .
Erm, I haven't spotted anything out of ordinary actually but if there is room for improvement... I just like to see you sweat that's all... ;)

Not only that, it's somewhat of a moving target at this very moment, though the dust should have largely settled by now. Which is one of the reasons I'm still playing catch-up as to getting the new model graphics sorted out for 0.60. There's been a large overhaul of models compared to 0.50, especially on the naval and air unit side of things. Having said that, I don't think we are about to seriously meddle with them again any time soon.
Heh, the fear that things might get changed again in the (next) future is another good reason for me to temporarily sit on the fence... even if the risk is very low, as you write. Anyway, no need to hurry right now ;) .

Erm, I haven't spotted anything out of ordinary actually but if there is room for improvement... I just like to see you sweat that's all...
Nope, it's already hot enough for extra sweat :p .

It's good you haven't noticed that little imperfection, it means it bothers no one (apart from myself, that is ;) ).

I surrender - I wasn't able to find anything appropriate for battle event pictures. I should have digged deeper I know.

This is how modern Tactical Mission Graphics [http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/library/policy/army/fm/3-90/appb.htm"]look like[/URL]. They aren't really intuitive. I would like them to be more self explanatory so that player can grasp them immediately.

I surrender - I wasn't able to find anything appropriate for battle event pictures. I should have digged deeper I know.

This is how modern Tactical Mission Graphics look like [link]. They aren't really intuitive. I would like them to be more self explanatory so that player can grasp them immediately.
Yep, this wouldn't be very easy to grasp at a glance. What I was thinking about was rather parts from actual war maps; see here, for example. The green area of German advance could be used for the "breakthrough" event; the problem, however, would be to find proper images for events like ambush, delay etc.

So, if you ask me, I'd say that it would be better to leave pictures, as it is now. What could be done, however, is making specific sets for major countries, so you as Japan wouldn't see German soldiers or Sherman tanks, as in one of those pictures.

I'm heading for Croatia at the moment...
As far as I am concerned, there's no hurry! (I'm not very bothered by the combat events pictures issue, to be honest)

Edit:

New version of Corrections uploaded - grab it from the 1st post of this thread.

I've modded the radar map icon to be gray rather than black (to be more similar to the AA map icon) and I've further improved my counters, adding a small square in the bottom-right corner of the counter itself: black to symbolize Army Corps, white for Armies. Division-sized counters display nothing.

This way it's now possible to tell at a glance the player's army corps and armies, as well as having a (very rough, in fact) estimate of the enemy's forces in front of him:

In Grodno there are a Soviet HQ and an army; in Jelgava there are a Soviet army corps and an army (the exact sizes of which, though, are not to be known), etc.

Last edited:
Hmm, I haven't thought about it yet, but I guess that CORE uses the same file as vanilla AoD (gfx\map\hoi_counter_size.bmp); in that case, it would be enough to copy it into the corresponding CORE folder.

Try and see; if, on the other hand, the two files are different, please send me CORE's one and I'll update it as well.

it works! Thank you. But now I noticed there is a problem with the X's - can they be put more to the left side?
You're welcome!

About the x's: at last you found the "bug" I was referring to! :D

Ok, now I've moved them one pixel left (the maximum space available); but to restore a good centering of the divisional symbol, I'd have to move that a bit more on the right. On a side note, however, I have to say that having the x's on top, like in vanilla AoD's counters, seems much more practical (and easier to mod) to me...

CORE counter size