• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
And so it begins, Let's hope for the best. *begins drawing a new map of our Empire for the Emperor*

Of course, the irony is that back in World War Two people along the West Coast feared this very situation. You can kinda laugh at that level of paranoia...until you see Japanese warships cruising off your beach. :eek:

Last edited:

The sites are dead and the author of the AAR won't reupload it. And most of the sprite creators have either left HOI2 modding or have forgotten about them to re-upload them back. It's a shame since a heap of sprites were reuploaded recently(http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...mikwarleo-s-Land-of-Tasty-Treats&daysprune=-1).

Really, the MDS sprites could have been epic, I just hope that someone who still have these sprites would reupload it =(.

Still apprently you can get the MDS aircraft sprites on their download page.

@Barvinok: I have large allied contingents waiting all over Asia to be thrown into battle if I so need them. Korea, and Manchukuo will provide the bulk of allied reinforcements, while Siberia has a large army corps also ready to be sent over if I need them.

And as you see later, damn did I ever need them.....

@Sethanon: You can expect them to really start thinking of what to do if the war starts to swing very strongly in Japan's favour.

@Nathan Madien: Exactly. Its now time to do what Japan's leaders during the Second World War could not do, bring the war right into the streets, hills, beaches, mountains, and plains of America itself. Its time to make Battle Los Angeles and World in Conflict into documentaries!

@Ivir Baggins: Mexico is not really important for the initial landings, but the country will not escape its fate....

@everyone else: Thanks for the comments!

The time has come. After weighing their options, Japanese commanders decide to order the first wave of the invasion force northeast, into Puget sound.
triptowashington.png

Their target: Tacoma, Washington. Japanese warships provide heavy fire support as wave after wave of Japanese soldiers in landing craft or amphibious APC's hit the beaches of the American homeland. US forces fight very hard to hold their ground, but the sheer mass of Japanese landing units forces the US army to withdraw.
battleoftacoma.png

Behind them, floating out of the skies from hundreds of transport airplanes, come thousands of Japanese paratroopers, tasked with taking control of the mountainous terrain around the landing zone. Mount Hood and Richland are quickly secured by Japanese paratroopers.
washingtonparatroopers.png

wic0008.jpg

Very quickly however, Washington National Guard and US Army forces in the area start to rally their forces and begin counterattacks. Paratroopers trying to hold Richland are pushed back to the south by strong US forces attacking from Seattle.
richlandfailure.png

As the paratroopers regroup at Mount Hood, the first wave of the invasion force secures part of the Washington coast and takes control of Tacoma. Japan's bridgehead on the North American continent is now secure.
tacomafalls.png

Local US forces are in disarray from the Japanese invasion. Using the chaos to their advantage, Japanese troops now march south, on Portland, Oregon, which falls after a brief battle with local US army units.
battleofportland.png

Japanese troops now attack to the North, attacking the major US pacific coast city of Seattle. The American garrison is much larger there than in Portland, and fights very hard to hold its ground in the face of the Japanese assault. After some very hard fighting, the Americans are pushed out with brute force and flee across the border into Canada or head for Spokane, the state capital.
battleofseattle.png

The next wave of the invasion force now arrives. Instead of offloading in Washington, they are ordered to attack Vancouver, British Columbia. Like they did in Tacoma, they land in the city with massive force, shattering local Canadian and US forces with great efficiency. Canada's only major Pacific seaport now falls under Japanese control.
vancouverlanding.png

Cut off, Vancouver island is now easy prey to Japanese troops. Only a single brigade of Canadian infantry is left on the island, and is cleared out by Japanese airmobile troops.
battleofvictoria.png

Switching momentum to the south, Japanese units are ordered to seize Klamath Falls, in Oregon, the location of mountain ranges that would offer superior defensive positions for the Japanese bridgehead on the continent. American units put up a touch fight for the region, but eventually withdraw.
klamathfalls.png

At first, it looks like the region is secure. However, the Americans are not ready to give up without a bitter fight. Very large American forces counterattack with great force, overwhelming Japanese troops with tremendous firepower and speed. After taking some moderate losses, Japanese forces flee back towards the coast. All seems to be going well in the invasion for the moment, but Japanese commanders know that this battle has only just begun. American reserves are expected to be on the way shortly from all over the country, ready to push Japanese armies into the ocean and defend their homeland. No matter what happens, Japanese soldiers are ordered to stand fast in the face of whatever the Americans might throw at them, confident that the final victory will eventually be won.
oregoncounterattack.png

Oh man! I bet you everyone on the continent are pissing themselves right now, or grabbing their shotguns. Meanwhile FPS Russia is joining the counter attack with his personal APC and his vast array of anti tank weapons. Great use of the World in Conflict scene.

I wonder how much is chaos widespread on the continent.

*hides in home since Georgia is still far away*

@CylonAndrew: Hah, FPS Russia wouldn't last 2 seconds in a war of this intensity then. :p

@Herbert West @ Sumeragi: Why are people talking about a province in the middle of this part which I am orchestrating to be one of the most dramatic parts of the war? I have weird readers. :p

@red1: Hah! I would like to see them try that, especially when I am through with them. Besides, by now, Japan would most likely have its own SDI system up and running, making the entire empire immune to nuclear weapons attack anyway. (I kept forgetting to write a part in an update about Japan putting its SDI system into service, just consider it to be in place by now anyway)

@everyone else: thanks for the comments! Im going to write the new update on the next page, so its right at the top of it.