• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Originally posted by ws2_32
I tried Albania once more. I fought simultaneous war with China and Castille. Looting Poland/Lithuania fueled my military expansion. Hungary was vassalized, Pest taken. Skanderberg conquered Mameluks, The Kaliphate, Timurid, Chigatai, China, Castille, then died half way through war with Aragon. Now at war with Austria for DoWing Hungary. I'll get Steiermark and vassalise Austria and burn up some troops conquering her new allies before settling down to peace to wait for discovery of the New World. And I was worried about Austria inheriting Hungary. What an empire I built. I think, I can get 70$ a month once I can get all the revolts down. BB will be 33 or 34 if I take Steiermark. I already had to fight off France over Napoli and the Ottomans wanted Alexandria. I fought them off simultaneously at a cost of 5% inflation. An exceptional year helped ease the inflation at 25% now. But with Catholic tech levels I'm not conerned much about inflation. 80K cavalry is ideal. I can support 34K.

Dear ws2_32!

Have you been on drugs lately? :)

It is impossible to

_conquer_ "Mameluks, The Kaliphate, Timurid, Chagatai, China"

without passing the 35 BB point limit.

Perhaps what you wanted to say was that you had wars against them?

Yours
Daniel

Last edited:
I'm still reading. You can go all the way to China. I'll tell you how later.

Originally posted by juszuf7
So I should probably not attack Spain? I was thinking - the Spanish will not take my colonies if I'm their ally.

If you DoW an ally of Spain, relations with Spain aren't going to bee too much worse. You can bribe Spain with some of the loot you get from the war. You can reenter the alliance after the war. All you need to get are the maps of Mexico to make a war against Spain in early 16th century worthwhile. Of course you also want Adalusia and Toledo and Monon or Tampico and maybe The Canary Islands if you can raise a large enough army by 1510.

I could easily eliminate the Portuguese, take their colonies and the CoT in Tago, then I could colonize for another 100 years (expensive)...

Try diplo-annexing Portugal. Are they a vassal of Spain?

I guess infra5 would be reached around 1650? I would still need around 100 provinces where I would put the governors...

Don't worry about the provinces just yet. You will have plenty of provinces by the time you get to infra5. Or at the very least, you will have potential for rapid expansion by BB war. By taking Andalusia, the shipyard provides more settlers. You can colonize even though it may be expensive.

>OK, I can take out the American nations if I get lucky and get an explorer.

Or you could get maps from England or France.

Originally posted by Daniel A
Dear ws2_32!

Have you been on drugs lately? :)

I live in Amsterdam. :)

It is impossible to

_conquer_ "Mameluks, The Kaliphate, Timurid, Chagatai, China"

without passing the 35 BB point limit.

Perhaps what you wanted to say was that you had wars against them?

Yes I had wars, I stomped their butts. By "conquer" I meant like gained 100% victory.

OK, now that the hollydays will begin soon, I will probably have more time and will continue the story. That means: expect an update in a week or so :)

i just noticed this in my game last night (i'm playing as aragon):

albania had been annexed by the ottoman empire early on in the game. much later, the ottomans got dragged into the three simulataneous wars with austria, the mamelukes, and golden horde. these wars went on for quite a while, and eventually war exhaustion took its toll. i wasn't even paying attention to any of this until i saw: "the nation of alabania has declared its independence from the ottoman empire". that in itseld wasn't unusual, but then almost in rapid succession i saw: "the revolters in morea/moravia/serbia have defected to albania". so the new albania is now a 4-province balkan nation and is holding its own against the turks. remind me and i can get a screenshot of it tonight.

EDIT: alas, the moment is gone now. the ottomans took back all provinces but albania in the war. however, their war exhaustion is still through the roof, so there's a good chance they might still lose those provinces again.

Last edited:
OK, now that the hollydays will begin soon, I will probably have more time and will continue the story. That means: expect an update in a week or so :)

Yay! I'll be looking forward to it! :)

:D

Wow! Juszuf, This is great! Albania doesn't conquer the world, but at least it does get Anantolia and Portugal's Colonial empire! Good luck!

But I shudder to think what Tom will do with Albania (WS2_32). Already fought simultaneous wars with Castille and China. Amazing!:eek:

Okay, I don't have as much time to write as before. The trick to success for Albania is early looting of Poland/Lithuania. Once you know how to do that successfully, you can find a way for eventual victory over Hungary and other nations after 8 to 10 years of building all cavalry possible with money from loot.

I really want to write about my adventures with Albania. Hope to have more Internet time. I have time for playing however. Now I've kicked off the BB wars in 1620.

Originally posted by Gjerg Kastrioti
But I shudder to think what Tom will do with Albania (WS2_32). Already fought simultaneous wars with Castille and China. Amazing!:eek:

I declared war on China as part of my overall WC plan. Then a couple of years later Castile and Portugal go to war against my ally Aragon. I gladly joined in the war in order to hopefully gain some Iberian holdings. I quickly made a separate peace with Portugal. I was in my own wars against Castile and China at the same time.

I still had millitary access in Aragon. So I built up and used a fleet of 13 to 26 ships to transport cavalry to Iberia as Skanderbeg was still busy in China.

I cut short my war on China. I made peace the day I reached 99% victory, possibly after 6 years of war. Skanderbeg began a long march to get to Alexandria.

From Alexandria, the 80k cavalry army was divided and transported to Catalonia. I took almost two years for Skanderbeg to reach Iberia. By that time I had managed to build up over 30k cavalry in Iberia. Aragon admitted defeat to Castile. I was unable to help my ally prevent defeat. But I had managed to reduce Castile's army to 26k infantry and 8k cavalry through attrition as they siezed Aragon's land.

Skanderbeg arrived in Iberia commanding nearly 50k cavalry against 34k force of Castile. And with the aid of ships loaded with reinforcements, victory was fairly easily had.

OK people I'm sorry, but the story ends here :( At least from my part. The game went on for another 40 years and I did little conquest, I vassalized Portugal but they refused 4 attempts to annex them, then I saved and reloaded the game some 20 times and they refused so I figured it would be a waste of money cause I could not diplo-annex them. Other than that, the forty years passed with all my funds going into infrastructure and I've made some good progress there. The high inflation (I guess) caused the rest of the world to stagnate tech-wise, so it's 1530 and Spain is still at land tech 3 :)

Although I guess I could write something funny even though not much has happenned, I find that I never have enough time, and the exams are coming...

Tom, if you want to contiunue the story then go ahead, and Heagarty you can include my characters in your story if you want :) I know I promissed that I would write a review after I've read your story but I guess I never did that either :(

I tried Albania once more. I fought simultaneous war with China and Castille. Looting Poland/Lithuania fueled my military expansion. Hungary was vassalized, Pest taken. Skanderberg conquered Mameluks, The Kaliphate, Timurid, Chigatai, China, Castille, then died half way through war with Aragon. Now at war with Austria for DoWing Hungary. I'll get Steiermark and vassalise Austria and burn up some troops conquering her new allies before settling down to peace to wait for discovery of the New World. And I was worried about Austria inheriting Hungary. What an empire I built. I think, I can get 70$ a month once I can get all the revolts down. BB will be 33 or 34 if I take Steiermark. I already had to fight off France over Napoli and the Ottomans wanted Alexandria. I fought them off simultaneously at a cost of 5% inflation. An exceptional year helped ease the inflation at 25% now. But with Catholic tech levels I'm not conerned much about inflation. 80K cavalry is ideal. I can support 34K.

Well, I'm still going on in my bb wars with Albania. I've got half of Europe after two waves of BB wars. My only ally is France. I've lost 200k cavalry in the first rounds of all out war. I still have 950k cavalry and 100k infantry. I get 50k new cavalry a year and I can recruit plenty of mercs.

Hey, could you give us a screenshot? I would very much like to see your empire, or is it scattered throughout the world? You probably have the Chinese CoTs, right?