+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 35 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Thread: (MOD) Devlet-i Ali Osman

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    MagickaSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Well, I don't think that high ruler death rate is mod related, and being emperor is not a curse, not for a player anyway, releasing vassals and selling provinces back to their owners I managed to unite the HRE before the reformation kicked in.

And btw, did I say that I love this mod and its borders?
    Imageshack should just die...

Quote Originally Posted by santali View Post
    Well, I don't think that high ruler death rate is mod related, and being emperor is not a curse, not for a player anyway, releasing vassals and selling provinces back to their owners I managed to unite the HRE before the reformation kicked in.

And btw, did I say that I love this mod and its borders?
    1) I started this morning a new GC with OE. Year is 1480 and I'm in my 4th Monarch... They really die too fast for me.
    2) For HRE issues, I meant AI wise. not Human wise. AI can't handle HRE. HRE emperor's just screw their own states and destroy their sphere all the time.

Waiting for The Miracle anubisfike's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    MagickaRome GoldSengokuVictoria 2Rome: Vae Victis
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

What is the problem with monarchs dying? Do you mean you are playing historical and they die, or just randomly? Cause you can have a hell of a lot more bad luck than having 4 monarchs in eighty years.

F-CEO of EUIV:MEIOU and Taxes gigau's Avatar
    83 games registered

200k clubEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Roaming zombishly... looking for icooooonsssss !
    Blog Entries
    Look at the Ottoman sultans list... you'll see that 20 years is a good average for their reigns
    • Europa Universalis III : MEIOU --- MEIOU Subforum in english | MEIOU on Twitter | MEIOU on Facebook | MEIOU Online Manual •
    • If you have zero infamy, then you're wasting everybody's forgiveness. - Zzzzz...
    •
    • Europa Universalis IV •
    • MEIOU and Taxes - It falls on to me to rule the entire world,... and don't forget to bring me my taxes ! - Download >>> HERE <<< •

M&T Subforum | M&T en Fran็ais | M&T on Facebook | M&T Wiki | M&T Report Tickets
    • Yes, I should have realised by now that when asking EOOQE, you don't ask if something is possible. You have to ask how - jrgen3 •
    • Ainsi Je Frappe - the level 1 unit sprite revamp. •
    Discussion thread | Vanilla version on Workshop | DLC version on Workshop | M&T version on Workshop | M&T and DLC version on Workshop
    • Awarded the SAS Award for Forum Dedication •
    • Vice-Zombiemaster of the Icon Zombie Club ! •

Quote Originally Posted by anubisfike View Post
    What is the problem with monarchs dying? Do you mean you are playing historical and they die, or just randomly? Cause you can have a hell of a lot more bad luck than having 4 monarchs in eighty years.
    It's only happening with OE. I played Spain & France today. It's more or less 3 (max 4 monarchs) in each 100 years. I'm not playing historical. It's random but whenever I get a good one with good values he dies within 10 years.

Quote Originally Posted by gigau View Post
    Look at the Ottoman sultans list... you'll see that 20 years is a good average for their reigns
    That's the result of "Kafes" system which happened some centuries later not in 1400-1500s.

83 games registered

200k clubEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Novalon View Post
    That's the result of "Kafes" system which happened some centuries later not in 1400-1500s.
    Kafes system ? the system first used in 1617 ?

Here's a list of the Sultans of the Ottomans from 1399 to 1479... to keep the 80 years you guys talk about :

Code:
    Bayezid Ier Yildirim (1389-1402)		=> 13 years
    Interr่gne (1402-1413)				=> 11 years
    Mehmed Ier วelebi (1413-1421)			=>  8 years
    Murad II (1421-1444)				=> 23 years
    Mehmed II Fatih (1444-1446)			=>  2 years
    Murad II (1446-1451)				=>  5 years
    Mehmed II Fatih (1451-1481)			=> 30 years
    I count 7 Sultans...
    • Europa Universalis III : MEIOU --- MEIOU Subforum in english | MEIOU on Twitter | MEIOU on Facebook | MEIOU Online Manual •
    • If you have zero infamy, then you're wasting everybody's forgiveness. - Zzzzz...
    •
    • MEIOU and Taxes - It falls on to me to rule the entire world,... and don't forget to bring me my taxes ! - Download >>> HERE <<< •

M&T Subforum | M&T en Fran็ais | M&T on Facebook | M&T Wiki | M&T Report Tickets
    • Yes, I should have realised by now that when asking EOOQE, you don't ask if something is possible. You have to ask how - jrgen3 •
    Discussion thread | Vanilla version on Workshop | DLC version on Workshop | M&T version on Workshop | M&T and DLC version on Workshop

Lt. General

I count 4
    Plus one interregnum.
    Event Editor, helping to ensure, the sun never sets on modding.

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourLead and GoldMajesty II CollectionSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries

Code:
    Bayezid Ier Yildirim (1389-1402)		=> 13 years
    Interr่gne (1402-1413)				=> 11 years
    Mehmed Ier วelebi (1413-1421)			=>  8 years
    Murad II (1421-1444)				=> 23 years
    Mehmed II Fatih (1444-1446)			=>  2 years
    Murad II (1446-1451)				=>  5 years
    Mehmed II Fatih (1451-1481)			=> 30 years
    I count 7 Sultans...
    Not 7, there were 4 sultans. You counted Mehmed II and Murad II twice. Also Interr่gne is not a sultan.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murad_II
    "Murad II relinquished his throne in 1444 to his son Mehmed II but a Janissary revolt in the Empire forced him to return. In the winter of 1450–1451, Murad II fell ill, and died in Edirne. He was succeeded by his son Mehmed II."

83 games registered

Blog Entries
    Right... did it too quickly... that still makes 4 Sultans in 80 years, so the number they got with your mod...
    •

Right... did it too quickly... that still makes 4 Sultans in 80 years, so the number they got with your mod...
    Technically, Bayezid was captured by Timur and kept alive and empire scattered. "interregne" happened.
    It was the time when all of his sons were trying to claim the throne. Mehmet I united the land and become sultan again and then Murat II and Mehmet II ruled one after the other 2 times.
    The thing is if it wasn't for Timur, Bayezid's rule wouldn't ended this fast. I never convert the Ruler to General to avoid that

The province of Fars seems to be bugged and has an effective distance of 0.0 from any other province.
    This is allowing whoever the cored owner of this province is to colonize anywhere on the map that they have discovered.

I tried this as the Timurids in the 1399 scenario, Mughals when I formed, and as Persians starting in a later scenario.
    Im not sure what controls these things, but I use only the DAO Lite version, not the full version, so I guess its somewhere in the map files.
    I have tried deleting the cache and all that.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by pozopete View Post
    The province of Fars seems to be bugged and has an effective distance of 0.0 from any other province.
    This is allowing whoever the cored owner of this province is to colonize anywhere on the map that they have discovered.

I tried this as the Timurids in the 1399 scenario, Mughals when I formed, and as Persians starting in a later scenario.
    Im not sure what controls these things, but I use only the DAO Lite version, not the full version, so I guess its somewhere in the map files.
    I have tried deleting the cache and all that.
    Yeah, I think I can confirm this. I noticed Persia colonizing the west coast of Mexico in the late 1600's and was a bit perplexed. This bug would be a good explanation.

83 games registered

Blog Entries
    Usually such a bug is linked to the province having a port (read : has a port position set in the positions.txt file of the mod folder) not on the "main water mass". For example, a port on the Caspian Sea will disrupt colonial distances (same goes, obviously, for a land-locked province).
    •

Usually such a bug is linked to the province having a port (read : has a port position set in the positions.txt file of the mod folder) not on the "main water mass". For example, a port on the Caspian Sea will disrupt colonial distances (same goes, obviously, for a land-locked province).
    Having ports on the Caspian does make sense though, as I imagine it's a much faster to trade by going across the Caspian then around it, and as there's always a ton of nations surrounding it as well

Waiting for The Miracle anubisfike's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    MagickaRome GoldSengokuVictoria 2Rome: Vae Victis
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

If there are ships in Fars they also patrol all coastlines in the world.

Field Marshal
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteHeir to the ThroneVictoria: Revolutions
    Victoria 2

That explains why landlocked Persia, with only a port on the Caspian, conquered Southeast Asia in my game!!!

How do I fix this??

83 games registered

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePutty View Post
    Having ports on the Caspian does make sense though, as I imagine it's a much faster to trade by going across the Caspian then around it, and as there's always a ton of nations surrounding it as well
    Indeed, but the game can't cope with ports on closed seas.

Quote Originally Posted by Leviathan07 View Post
    That explains why landlocked Persia, with only a port on the Caspian, conquered Southeast Asia in my game!!!

How do I fix this??
    Opent the positions.txt file in the map folder... find the entry for Fars... delete the entries "port_position" and "port_rotation".

Don't forget to delete the content of the cache folder before reloading the game.
    •

I guess that would be an additional bug... seeing as how Fars does not have access to any water (Caspian Sea included), let alone an ocean.

83 games registered

Blog Entries
    I didn't look at the map... and was at work... so i didn't pay attention that the province of Fars couldn't be on the Caspian Sea. So note the province for which you see a port on the Caspian, and go to it in the positions.txt file, and do the steps i stated in my previous post.
    •

EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne

My first post in the forums.

And I would like to say, this mod is one great work, CanOmer. It feels like a whole new game now. Thank you very much.

About the horde nations, I've got a question. Their government types are tribal federation right now, and I want to change that back to steppe horde system, but couldn't manage to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by CanOmer View Post
    You can change it easily. Open ...\history\countries\GOL - Golden Horde.txt. Then change the first line to this:

government = steppe_horde

If you want to change other khaganates, you should do the same.

I think steppe nomad system is not good. So I changed back them in Heir to the Throne form.
    I did exactly what you said here for each horde nation, also cleared ..\map\cache folder, but they're still tribal federations when I got into the game. (I mean a new campaign, not a save game.)

What should I do?

Thanks again.

Edit: It's working now, don't know what changed.
    Last edited by Iimitk.; 16-04-2011 at 10:40.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 35 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast