+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 35 FirstFirst ... 8 23 31 32 33 34 35 LastLast

Thread: (MOD) Devlet-i Ali Osman

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneLead and GoldVictoria: RevolutionsSword of the Stars
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica
    Crusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old Gods
    Crusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India

I think the Ottomans are a little too powerful. They can already man a 120K man army while the next biggest army is France's at 80K. They pretty much roll over anyone at war with them.

Quote Originally Posted by CanOmer View Post
    Wow, it looks like there is great improvement for the Orient.

I didn't touch DAO after the v1.2 release. I was working for DAO Lite v1.1 in the last two week. Also in the last three days, I am working on completely different mod.
    Hey CanOmer, I'm a great fan of what you have done for Western Asia and North Africa, but with parts of that mod combined, the remainder of Persia, Afghanistan, Central Asia and India get a tremendous boost! And everyone knows that in comparison to Europe, Asia needs all the love it can get

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourLead and GoldMajesty II CollectionSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by James The 1st View Post
    I think the Ottomans are a little too powerful. They can already man a 120K man army while the next biggest army is France's at 80K. They pretty much roll over anyone at war with them.
    Which version?

Quote Originally Posted by Arsaces View Post
    Hey CanOmer, I'm a great fan of what you have done for Western Asia and North Africa, but with parts of that mod combined, the remainder of Persia, Afghanistan, Central Asia and India get a tremendous boost! And everyone knows that in comparison to Europe, Asia needs all the love it can get
    I agree that some other areas need some love too. But now, I am focusing on Mare Nostrum totally.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Arsaces View Post
    There are many other mods which change this area. Deg Tegh Fateh and India Improvement Mod are works in progress, and Trin Tragula's Oriental Mod is largely complete.
    Nationality: British
    Religion: Sikh
    Ideology: Some nebulous liberal nonsense
    Issues: Civil Rights, Environmentalism, technology
    Current Occupation: University Student! Upgrade!

MODS: CK2 Better Mountains II Painterly CK2 CK2 Mongol Invasion

Quote Originally Posted by Fishman786 View Post
    There are many other mods which change this area. Deg Tegh Fateh and India Improvement Mod are works in progress, and Trin Tragula's Oriental Mod is largely complete.
    Right, but most people don't know how to combine the two on their own.

I am trying to make a new map for eu3 with the same projection as victoria 2. Currently it is pretty much just recolouring and merging provinces so there are the same amount as in eu3. I just wonder if i can draw some influence from your DAO lite map?

Here is as far as I have come yet.

I am done with England, scandinavia, iberia, korea, managascar and some other places. France and Germany is pretty much based around your lite map =)

Second Lieutenant discoarsonist's Avatar
    Europa Universalis: Chronicles

I've always hated wastelands so I've been planning to remove them all from my map for a while now, but I was wondering if you'd be cool with me using your map as the base for the new edited map I'm planning to make? I really like all the improvements you already made.

Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesSengoku
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    Pride of Nations500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by discoarsonist View Post
    I've always hated wastelands so I've been planning to remove them all from my map for a while now, but I was wondering if you'd be cool with me using your map as the base for the new edited map I'm planning to make? I really like all the improvements you already made.
    Why do you hate wastelands? They make total sense... how many nations fought wars attacking through the himalayas with 100,000 man armies?
    MEIOU and Taxes for EUIV - Download Now!
    Development Diary | Wiki | Release announcement | Facebook
    'In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except Death MEIOU and Taxes' -Benjamin Franklin
    Death and Taxes - an EUIII DW mod
    'Is this version save game compatible?' -Everyone

Game Breaking Bug DanubianCossak's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the Throne500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Art of War

Quote Originally Posted by lukew View Post
    Why do you hate wastelands? They make total sense... how many nations fought wars attacking through the himalayas with 100,000 man armies?
    Wasnt there this African dude who kinda did exactly that, earning himself pretty much immortality in western culture/history precisely because he dared to do what everyone (sane) considered impossible? I was taught that Roman women used to scare their children with his name when they misbehaved.
    While Chosen One in absentia, Temporary Chosen One Of The Exalted Church of YEShans

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...-Provinces-Mod

Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Quote Originally Posted by DanubianCossak View Post
    Wasnt there this African dude who kinda did exactly that, earning himself pretty much immortality in western culture/history precisely because he dared to do what everyone (sane) considered impossible? I was taught that Roman women used to scare their children with his name when they misbehaved.
    I still don't believe he marched EU3 size armies across the Sahara desert.
    'In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except Death MEIOU and Taxes' -Benjamin Franklin

It's silly to have lands that are just dead spaces on the map. Really, as far as I can tell, making it so you can't march EU3 size armies across any place is easily managed by just keeping the supply limit low. With wastelands, you can't march an army across the Sahara. In real life, you can. In real life, most of the army would just die -- but you can march them there. That's what a low supply limit does. You should be able to take over the whole world, just some parts of it should really suck.

(That's my opinion anyway)

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2

Blog Entries
    It's silly to have lands that are just dead spaces on the map. Really, as far as I can tell, making it so you can't march EU3 size armies across any place is easily managed by just keeping the supply limit low. With wastelands, you can't march an army across the Sahara. In real life, you can. In real life, most of the army would just die -- but you can march them there. That's what a low supply limit does. You should be able to take over the whole world, just some parts of it should really suck.

(That's my opinion anyway)
    Unfortunately, supply limits don't go that low.
    Nationality: British
    Religion: Sikh
    Ideology: Some nebulous liberal nonsense
    Issues: Civil Rights, Environmentalism, technology
    Current Occupation: University Student! Upgrade!

MODS: CK2 Better Mountains II Painterly CK2 CK2 Mongol Invasion

What governs supply limit, exactly?

What governs supply limit, exactly?
    Base tax and modifiers. But it still can't go that low.

Either way, as long as you can keep it low, that's cool with me. Personally, it's an acceptable trade-off to have the Sahara be a bit more hospitable than it is in real life to not have ugly wastelands everywhere. Maybe that's just me though.

Game Breaking Bug DanubianCossak's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the Throne500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Art of War

Base tax and modifiers. But it still can't go that low.
    You can only decrease supply so much, however you can increase these:

max_attrition - obvious

and

attrition - should add attrition that always applies, or something like that

You can also do a number of things, for example, put province you want penalized into harsh winter climate group, and then increase harsh winter penalty into something very high (attrition WILL eat away troops), and you can even play with terrain.txt, for example:

mountain = {
    movement_cost = 4.0
    defence = 5
    attrition = 3
    local_defensiveness = 0.25
    color = { 117 108 119 }
    }

or

hills = {
    movement_cost = 3.0
    attrition = 2
    defence = 3
    local_defensiveness = 0.1
    color = { 135 70 0 }
    }

a very effective way of handling it would be to add attrition, increase max_attrition and then increase movement time -> so anyone who tries to cross mountains will suffer for it. Im not 100% certain, but i think AI does take this into consideration.
    While Chosen One in absentia, Temporary Chosen One Of The Exalted Church of YEShans

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...-Provinces-Mod

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome Gold
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The Republic
    Crusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India

If you could have some way of blocking buildings from being built in the 'wilderness' as well, then you might be onto a winner.
    Ius Hibernicum, in nomine juris. Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Ancestor Moth scribe for CK 2: Elder Kings - can you rival Tiber Septim's power?
    Burgundy: A Dream of Lotharingia (a Death & Taxes AAR - in torpor)
    The Three Certainties of Life (a Byzantine D&T AAR - updated 19.02.14)

Quote Originally Posted by Arakhor View Post
    If you could have some way of blocking buildings from being built in the 'wilderness' as well, then you might be onto a winner.
    Make a wilderness region and then add a trigger to each of the buildings stating that it can't be in the wilderness.

Crusader Kings IIDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessEU3 Collectors Edition

Make a wilderness region and then add a trigger to each of the buildings stating that it can't be in the wilderness.
    I tried to use region as a trigger in buildings.txt and the game refused to load - with an empty error log even using debug . Same for using owner = { } - game refuses to load. So not everything works in that file. However, citysize does work as a trigger - so does has_province_flag.

Quote Originally Posted by DanubianCossak View Post
    I'm sorry, I know this reply is two months old, but when I was reading through this I felt that I just had to comment. DanubianCossak it sounds like you are talking about Hannibal Barca, but he never marched an army through the Himalayas. He brought his army through the Alps, which is irrelevant to what lukew was talking about since the Alps aren't a wasteland. And military historians still debate whether the surprise that he inflicted on the Romans was was worth the cost (he lost a good deal of men and the majority of his elephants). I could of misunderstood and maybe you were talking about somebody else, but when you mention a name that Roman women used to use to scare their children I automatically think of Hannibal.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 35 FirstFirst ... 8 23 31 32 33 34 35 LastLast