+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 35 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast

Thread: (MOD) Devlet-i Ali Osman

That's part of it. Essentially I'd just like to have the default DW land terrain textures, water, fog, borders, and all of that. I can recognize the higher quality and effort put into the of the new ones, but I'm just too used to the old ones that anything different turns me off. I do like your gameplay changes, I just always gravitated towards DAO Lite because of it's appearance.

Also, do you have any idea what would cause me to have this odd issue with borders on DAO maps? Occasionally I'll have a province border shoot off south into Africa or west into the Atlantic Ocean. Here's an example of a line shooting off from a border in France and going across the Mediterranean into Algiers:

Last edited by Kerschey; 14-01-2012 at 09:50.

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourLead and GoldMajesty II CollectionSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerschey View Post
    Also, do you have any idea what would cause me to have this odd issue with borders on DAO maps? Occasionally I'll have a province border shoot off south into Africa or west into the Atlantic Ocean. Here's an example of a line shooting off from a border in France and going across the Mediterranean into Algiers:
    These textures of sea in your pictures don't belong to my work. I think it belongs to Death and Taxes, because I saw same sea textures on it. The black line is interesting, I am seeing first time.

Don't worry about my weird border glitch, it was unrelated to your map and I fixed it.

200k clubCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron IIIRome Gold
    Victoria 2500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

I must say that i really enjoy your new map, great work!

Great mod mate i love the map. I applied the map to my original game.
    Last edited by burakkagan; 13-05-2013 at 01:52.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneVictoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Damn i really like some mods and can't decide :/
    This is one of the mods i love
    [22:23:51] <Groogy> Mathrim, give it to me gently
    What Crusader Kings 2 makes you say:
    [19:23:43] <Duke> I just need my damn wife to die
    [19:23:48] <Duke> Then I can invade and take their shit

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Dude, this mod is awesome. But I'm afraid I have to ask - have you considered working on the Americas and Asia?
    "They've got us seeing communists in our soup!" - Dean Charles Stanforth, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesSengoku
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    Pride of Nations500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderZeta View Post
    Dude, this mod is awesome. But I'm afraid I have to ask - have you considered working on the Americas and Asia?
    That would be nice
    MEIOU and Taxes for EUIV - Download Now!
    Development Diary | Wiki | Release announcement | Facebook
    'In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except Death MEIOU and Taxes' -Benjamin Franklin
    Death and Taxes - an EUIII DW mod
    'Is this version save game compatible?' -Everyone

EU3 CompleteDivine WindEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by Kerschey View Post
    That's part of it. Essentially I'd just like to have the default DW land terrain textures, water, fog, borders, and all of that. I can recognize the higher quality and effort put into the of the new ones, but I'm just too used to the old ones that anything different turns me off. I do like your gameplay changes, I just always gravitated towards DAO Lite because of it's appearance.
    I do not like new textures as well.

The good points about new textures are:
    -- sea textures w/ names on it are very cool --> I absolutely love it
    -- province borders do not disappear on zoom out --> very handy for big empires

The bad about new GFX is that province borders are way too bold, but I guess that's required so they do not disappear on zoom out.

However existence of thick red& black dashed borders is questionable: I know my country exact borders just by looking at its color. Red& black thick border graphics would have sense if they were to encircle my country and my vassals.

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourLead and GoldMajesty II CollectionSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CommanderZeta View Post
    No, unless I decided to make completely new map. DAO's borders are certain since the beginnig; North Africa, Europe and Middle East.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

That's fine with me; Just thought I'd ask.
    "They've got us seeing communists in our soup!" - Dean Charles Stanforth, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

CanOmer: May I include this in a mod I am making?
    EUIII: DW Mods
    Occultus Orbis Terrestre
    Ars Lingua

"A language is a dialect with an army and navy" - Max Weinreich - Meyer Lazarevich Veynreykh - "אַ שפּראַך איז אַ דיאַלעקט מיט אַן אַרמיי און פֿלאָט"

If only such projections were possible and consistent in the EU3 engine. So many historical empires seem so much more sensible when the actual shape and size of the geography is reflected accurately.

Sometimes Hero Demi Moderator silktrader's Avatar

Albers?

Given the "Eurocentricity" of the game, this projection could fit quite well — although zooming in the southern hemisphere wouldn't be as attractive as in vanilla.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron III CollectionMagickaVictoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

May I suggest these names for Persian provinces? I believe this province repartition is closer to reality.

Keep up the great job!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 35 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast