+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 35 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast

Thread: (MOD) Devlet-i Ali Osman

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourLead and GoldMajesty II CollectionSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    These are new provinces that I have added before:

Now I want to make it compatible with missions, decisions..etc. Please help me to find what missions or decisions need to be edit. I write here that I found;

Decisions that are need to be edit:
    - reestablish_the_theme_system - DONE
    - italian_nation - DONE
    - gods_kingdom - DONE
    - prussian_nation - DONE
    - prussian_nation_general - DONE
    - form_kingdom_of_prussia - DONE
    - persian_nation - DONE
    - restore_byzantine_empire - DONE
    - romanian_nation - DONE
    - russian_nation - DONE
    - sardinia_piedmont_nation - DONE
    - sardinia_piedmont_nation_inherit - DONE
    - spanish_nation - DONE

Missions that are need to be edit:
    - Turkish_Missions - DONE
    - conquer_silesia (One of the Prussian mission) - DONE
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -

Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesSengoku
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    Pride of Nations500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Forming Scandinavia may need to be changed, as well as forming Spain and forming Persia.
    MEIOU and Taxes for EUIV - Download Now!
    Development Diary | Wiki | Release announcement | Facebook
    'In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except Death MEIOU and Taxes' -Benjamin Franklin
    Death and Taxes - an EUIII DW mod
    'Is this version save game compatible?' -Everyone

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourLead and GoldMajesty II CollectionSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lukew View Post
    Forming Scandinavia may need to be changed, as well as forming Spain and forming Persia.
    I didn't see anything wrong with Scandinavian Nation.

Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Also, there's sort of an issue with AI Ottomans. Because it has many more cities it forms an Empire pretty early on, giving itself a stab hit and sometimes collapsing. It might be worth starting them as an Empire, or there might be another solution.
    'In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except Death MEIOU and Taxes' -Benjamin Franklin

Командир Батаљона DanubianCossak's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the Throne500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by lukew View Post
    Also, there's sort of an issue with AI Ottomans. Because it has many more cities it forms an Empire pretty early on, giving itself a stab hit and sometimes collapsing. It might be worth starting them as an Empire, or there might be another solution.
    He can always make additional conditions for forming an empire, like this:

Code:
    	imperial_administration = {
    		potential = {
    			OR = {
    				technology_group = western
    				technology_group = eastern
    				technology_group = ottoman
    				technology_group = muslim
    			}
    			OR = {
    				government = feudal_monarchy
    				government = despotic_monarchy
    			}
    		}
    		allow =  {
    			stability = 1
    			war = no 
    			is_subject = false
    			OR = {
    				num_of_cities = 60			
    				AND = {
    					num_of_cities = 30
    					DIP = 9
    				}
    				AND = {
    					num_of_cities = 40
    					DIP = 8
    				}				
    				AND = {
    					num_of_cities = 50
    					DIP = 7
    				}				
    				AND = {
    					num_of_cities = 10
    					idea = quest_for_the_new_world
    					prestige = 0.90
    				}
    				AND = {
    					num_of_cities = 20
    					idea = quest_for_the_new_world
    					prestige = 0.50
    				}
    			}	
    		}
    		effect = {
    			government = imperial_government
    			stability = -1
    			prestige = 0.05
    		}
    		ai_will_do = {
    			factor = 1
    		}
    	}
    and add something like this:

Code:
    				AND = {
    					num_of_cities = 20
    					tag = TUR
    				}
    Clinically diagnosed russophile and scourge of self righteous westerners.

"Do not ask what Russia can do for you, but what you can do for Russia"

Many of the Prussian missions will probably need editing.
    I could do that with my eyes tied behind my back!

Nice! finally a version for the official patch!

anyway, is it just me or the Ottos start stronger in this version 1405 start than in last version 1405? (or maybe it is just that the balkan countries don't seem ally player Rome so often anymore, leading to the war being much harder)
    Last edited by Duke of Britain; 13-09-2011 at 04:27.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Razalhague View Post
    Many of the Prussian missions will probably need editing.
    Unlike decisions, editing missions is very hard for me. In fact, I have not very experience with missions.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke of Britain View Post
    Nice! finally a version for the official patch!

anyway, is it just me or the Ottos start stronger in this version 1405 start than in last version 1405? (or maybe it is just that the balkan countries don't seem ally player Rome so often anymore, leading to the war being much harder)
    I will add a new bookmarks in the next version, called Interregnum, for the year 1405 when Turkey was in civil war.

Quote Originally Posted by CanOmer View Post
    Unlike decisions, editing missions is very hard for me. In fact, I have not very experience with missions.

I will add a new bookmarks in the next version, called Interregnum, for the year 1405 when Turkey was in civil war.
    Missions aren't that dissimilar from decisions, and all you'll have to change is adding in or removing 'owns =' or 'is_core ='.

Blog Entries
    Upcoming version of DAO v0.48 will have a new bookmark called Interregnum in 1405. In this year, Turkey is in civil war. So, it is the best start date for rise of Rome. I prepared a small guide for who enjoys playing with Rome.

Small Guide For Rome:
    Start Interregnum scenario with Rome. At first, make alliances with Serbia, Wallachia, Trebizond, Georgia...etc. Then make a lot of money, don't worry about inflation, this will be a war of our survival!

Disband all land units, we should create new army using Ottoman unit tech. Build 8 or 9 Musellem Cavalry and 6 or 7 Yaya infantry. These are better than Oriental units and available in Bitola, Skopje, Thessaloniki. Use your ruler as general of your army. Do not build any ship for now. In domestic policies, you should go for "Land". Hire some advisors who will help our army. For example; Master Recruiter, Commandant, Army Organiser, Grand Captain..etc Watch Turkey and their land army size in the ledger carefully, when they are at war with another country, declare war. I am lucky, Turkey is at war with Mamluks.

Never assault forts, because our manpower is very low. Always try to destroy enemy armies by following them. If they are stronger than you, wait until they assaulting our forts, when they assault and demoralized, attacak them.

Continue occupying provinces without assaulting forts.

Be sure, you have %100 war score to demand maximum number of provinces.

That's all. I accomplished it at my first try and in DAO Normal difficulty which will come with DAO v0.48. DAO Normal Difficulty gives some Inflation, WE and Infamy bonuses to the AI, because AI can't handle them good.

20 years later..

Blog Entries

Devlet-i Ali Osman Beta v0.48
    Compatible with only Europa Universalis III: Divine Wind 5.1 Patch (Official patch of 22nd July 2011)
    Download link: DAOv0.48.rar 27.97 MB (14.09.2011)

Installation instructions
    - Download DAOv0.48.rar.
    - Delete old "dao" folder and "dao.mod" file.
    - Extract DAOv0.48.rar in your mod folder.
    - Select DAO v0.48 in the launcher to play.

More information is in the first post: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...1#post11944011

EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne

Hither & thither, perchance anon whither... ?
    Excellent, thanks! I love the changes you have made to the map projection in particular. Downloading now, going to try your suggested Rome scenario. Cheers
    OPTIMUM SCHOLARUM COGITATIONIS
    A Europa Universalis III: Divine Wind Mod focusing on Europe & Asia from 1411-1789.

"Go slow, don't get rushed, ask for help and, most importantly, remember that our scouts report vague rumors that life outside of EU3 exists" - 17blue17

You may want to take a look at the Byzantine Missions. If I remember correctly there was an error in "Retake the Eastern Balkans" that made it target a province in Turkey instead of the Eastern Balkans.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedPride of Nations

Blog Entries
    Hey Can0mer,

First off, really enjoying the mod and all the new provinces! Your projection is much more refined and a pleasure to look at in comparison to Vanilla.

For some odd reason colonization seems to be significantly lagging/non-existent in my games. Any known reason for this or is it just a little delayed to what I'm used to?

Thanks,

Lafayette

Waiting for The Miracle anubisfike's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    MagickaRome GoldSengokuVictoria 2Rome: Vae Victis
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

What nations have you been playing in this mod, Lafayette? Some times I have noticed that colonization rarely happens when I'm playing a country starting in a non-western or non-eastern tech group, which seems like a bug in the game code rather than something to do with this mod. The minor countries will colonize when they can but the majors only explore, never colonizing.

Since this mod is centered on the Ottomans and more on the muslim world it could be easy to assume you have been playing muslim countries and have had this weird bug happen to you. Oh and it happens in vanilla too.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedPride of Nations

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by anubisfike View Post
    What nations have you been playing in this mod, Lafayette? Some times I have noticed that colonization rarely happens when I'm playing a country starting in a non-western or non-eastern tech group, which seems like a bug in the game code rather than something to do with this mod. The minor countries will colonize when they can but the majors only explore, never colonizing.

Since this mod is centered on the Ottomans and more on the muslim world it could be easy to assume you have been playing muslim countries and have had this weird bug happen to you. Oh and it happens in vanilla too.
    I've just come out of a long Jalayarid game. That explanation makes sense.. I remember noticing something similar in my vanilla game as the Ottomans as well, but I was thinking it was a rare occurrence.

Thanks.

Командир Батаљона DanubianCossak's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the Throne500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I think colonization or its lack in some versions of game (as well as mods) has more to do with local power struggle balance than it has to do with anything else.

Meaning, if you want to have a colonizing Castille, the only proper way to do it, is to have a Castille thats on its way of becoming Spain - meaning one that dominates Iberia, which is the only way it can have enough money to colonize.

If on the other hand, you end up with Castille thats been beaten by Aragon/Portugal/France, then you have a country that wants to retake its cores (due to missions and the way AI assigns value to "wanted" provinces) in which case it will not colonize at all - it will spend money on useless wars, which it will often lose and lose until Aragon/Portugal/France owns 99% of Iberia (at which point whichever force becomes dominant is using too much money to kill rebellions to colonize itself).

Its the same story with Italian peninsula or UK - if someone breaks England too much too early, meaning Wales, Cornwall and other revolters + problems that will happen after 1500 with Reformations, you will most likely never see it colonize.

To keep it short, in order for this game to simulate colonization properly, interestingly, it requires proper historic results: Castille must be stable on its way to conquer Aragon, Portugal must be stable (which means no boundary and rival events on POR for Castille) and England/France must not fall apart too early (wars and Reformation more importantly).

Know that it is possible to get historical colonization outcomes, however its a matter finetuning and balancing. It will also, however, lead to, at best, moderately deterministic games (Castille>Spain, England>UK, something in Italy>Italy etc).

Sorry for the long post, but yeah im really interested in whole colonization thing.
    Clinically diagnosed russophile and scourge of self righteous westerners.

"Do not ask what Russia can do for you, but what you can do for Russia"

EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne

Hither & thither, perchance anon whither... ?
    Quote Originally Posted by DanubianCossak View Post
    I think colonization or its lack in some versions of game (as well as mods) has more to do with local power struggle balance than it has to do with anything else.

Meaning, if you want to have a colonizing Castille, the only proper way to do it, is to have a Castille thats on its way of becoming Spain - meaning one that dominates Iberia, which is the only way it can have enough money to colonize.

If on the other hand, you end up with Castille thats been beaten by Aragon/Portugal/France, then you have a country that wants to retake its cores (due to missions and the way AI assigns value to "wanted" provinces) in which case it will not colonize at all - it will spend money on useless wars, which it will often lose and lose until Aragon/Portugal/France owns 99% of Iberia (at which point whichever force becomes dominant is using too much money to kill rebellions to colonize itself).

Its the same story with Italian peninsula or UK - if someone breaks England too much too early, meaning Wales, Cornwall and other revolters + problems that will happen after 1500 with Reformations, you will most likely never see it colonize.

To keep it short, in order for this game to simulate colonization properly, interestingly, it requires proper historic results: Castille must be stable on its way to conquer Aragon, Portugal must be stable (which means no boundary and rival events on POR for Castille) and England/France must not fall apart too early (wars and Reformation more importantly).

Know that it is possible to get historical colonization outcomes, however its a matter finetuning and balancing. It will also, however, lead to, at best, moderately deterministic games (Castille>Spain, England>UK, something in Italy>Italy etc).

Sorry for the long post, but yeah im really interested in whole colonization thing.
    Very interesting, and by far the most reasonable explanation I have heard for this behavior, thanks!
    OPTIMUM SCHOLARUM COGITATIONIS
    A Europa Universalis III: Divine Wind Mod focusing on Europe & Asia from 1411-1789.

"Go slow, don't get rushed, ask for help and, most importantly, remember that our scouts report vague rumors that life outside of EU3 exists" - 17blue17

+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 35 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast