+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 132 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 48 73 98 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Raaage!

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    Heir to the ThroneMagickaMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessPride of Nations
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res Publica

Quote Originally Posted by Frederic III View Post
    I have to say that this is one of the think I wonder about DW. I just played Saxony (a now 4PM, but in a big country, it would be strange to not be able to construct new buildings. Magistrates is an interesting things, but it could be like manpower (with a malus when you have too much of them (ineficient bureaucrats)).
    I'd like to have a "magistrates slider", that scales with nation size, tech and government. A full slider with a globe-spanning empire should cost one arm, one eye and liver. :3

200k clubCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEast India Company
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLead and GoldLost Empire - ImmortalsPenumbra - Black Plague
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 Gold
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandV2 Beta
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Maybe a magistrates/manpower slider?
    Terra Universalis II
    For EU IV
    Another kind of whole world mod
    Magna Terra
    For EU Rome VV
    The way to be Imperator of all the Old World
    Umbra Spherae
    For Crusader Kings II
    Expand your faith and realm into all the Old World

Lt. General
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Rome: Vae Victis500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Need to consider that a smaller nation is effectively "easier" to govern than a large nation, much less an empire. The "disproportionate" level of magistrate/building activity in OPMs reflects that ... nevermind it (1) gives them a better chance at surviving vs larger nations, and (2) the "over-construction" disappears when a larger nation annexes.

EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne

Restricted access until e-mail confirmed handbanana69's Avatar
    EU3 CompleteDivine Wind

Quote Originally Posted by esk1m0 View Post
    I have no idea what's going on, but that paint is trippy :P

Quote Originally Posted by handbanana69 View Post
    I have no idea what's going on, but that paint is trippy :P
    apparently two countries were at war, and weakened, and he had the maintenance sliders down. So when he went to put it at max to be ready for war, he has to way till the end of the month to get the morale. Unfortunately he got a regency on the 30th so he can DOW them...

Something like that happened to me so many times, that now i just grab a pillow and scream...
    I like cookies... And ruling the world... Mostly cookies...

Receivers of " The Cyan Blue Cookie of Awesomeness"
    Svip
    Rensslaer

Quote Originally Posted by poloport View Post
    apparently two countries were at war, and weakened, and he had the maintenance sliders down. So when he went to put it at max to be ready for war, he has to way till the end of the month to get the morale. Unfortunately he got a regency on the 30th so he can DOW them...
    Happened to me too often so now I don't reduce military upkeep, having less money just makes things a teeny bit harder which is generally fine. If military upkeep is so high that dropping it saves me a loan I will for a short term, otherwise just keep it at max, same with colony and missionary upkeep. Generally I've found that if military upkeep is a problem there are bigger problems...

It also goes well with my being lazy...

EU3 Complete

Quote Originally Posted by brifbates View Post
    Happened to me too often so now I don't reduce military upkeep, having less money just makes things a teeny bit harder which is generally fine. If military upkeep is so high that dropping it saves me a loan I will for a short term, otherwise just keep it at max, same with colony and missionary upkeep. Generally I've found that if military upkeep is a problem there are bigger problems...

It also goes well with my being lazy...
    i haven't done the math but i am pretty sure colonial maintenance pays for itself, especially if the minorities are flocking to the colonies event is frequent. Short term crisis management is different though

btw this is why I appreciate republics, no such thing as regency council, or waiting for a good ruler
    EU3 is a grand attempt to reverse engineer history.
    I have once ragequit the forums, and there were nothing of value lost.

Quote Originally Posted by garudamon11 View Post
    Less chatter, more drawings

Heres another one

ROFL Nub von Habsburg that's great I want that guy!

This always sends me into murderous rage. Hope it wasn't covered yet as I haven't had the time to go through the entire thread yet.

This is what would happen when you try to aggress some OPM or 2PM without studying the map beforehand:

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengoku
    Sword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Hah! Fantastic!
    Graphic Designer on the Elder Kings Dev Team

"If you are the Sultan, come and lead your armies. If I am the Sultan I hereby order you to come and lead my armies" Mehmed II to his father and former Sultan; Murad II, before the Battle of Varna

Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome

Quote Originally Posted by sashimi917 View Post
    This is what would happen when you try to aggress some OPM or 2PM without studying the map beforehand:

You can get to africa if you have pass thru all of those moor countries, turkey, mamluks... Nah, just joking you can't... XD

Anyway can't you demand their capital?

academic outlaw Moderator safferli's Avatar
    DiplomacyV2 BetaHoi 2 BetaEU3 Collectors EditionEUIV: Call to arms event

Blog Entries
    No screenshots here, please. We have a screenshot thread for that.
    When I speak in regal, manly grey I do so as a moderator.
    Never publicly comment or answer to a moderation post. Please write a PM (see Rule #2 of the Forum Rules).

--
    How to give a proper man-to-man hug

Ireland's Teardrop -- EU3 DW Munster/Ireland AAR. Follow the story of Munster, taking over the entire North American continent!
    Rule Helvetia! Helvetia Rule the Waves... -- Victoria 2 beta AAR. Watch Switzerland defeat the British Royal Navy... or die trying!
    What if the Pope had 200,000 men? -- A Papal States EU3 1.3 aar (abandoned/finished after owning 70% of the world)

Europa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis IV

Actually happening RIGHT NOW in my campaign.
    Maikäfer flieg!
    Der Vater ist im Krieg,
    Die Mutter ist im Pommernland,
    Und Pommernland ist abgebrannt,
    Maikäfer flieg!

Philosopher and History Freak warcry's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2
    Mount & Blade: Warband500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by Iwanow View Post
    You can get to africa if you have pass thru all of those moor countries, turkey, mamluks... Nah, just joking you can't... XD

Anyway can't you demand their capital?
    I think he needs to control all provinces around it to get it and it only works for inland provinces, not coastal. Sometimes AI will move its capitol, but they may be too poor for that.

haha, build X spam! I knew there was a reason I edited those out of HTTT, time to do the same for DW :P

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    The Kings CrusadeRome GoldRome: Vae Victis

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by L Lawliet View Post
    This always sends me into murderous rage. Hope it wasn't covered yet as I haven't had the time to go through the entire thread yet.
    Wait, you're saying the french didn't want to surrender?

Quote Originally Posted by HanSime View Post
    Wait, you're saying the french didn't want to surrender?
    Well, they were led by a Corsican, after all, and Corsica was a part of Italy for a long time then.

It's an improvement.

Though a small one.

Talk about the blind leading the deaf... or is it the other way around?

That was my face when i got my 5- on Swedish random sample (It's good that i got chance for retry)

Ps. those were just mad paint skills L Lawliet
    Nothing to say.

Fan of the Week - 31 July, 2011

+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 132 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 48 73 98 123 ... LastLast