+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 132 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 43 68 93 118 ... LastLast

Thread: Raaage!

Philosopher and History Freak warcry's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2
    Mount & Blade: Warband500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by handbanana69 View Post
    lol Tyrone might actually manage to form Ireland, and I've seen Holland inherited twice already
    That is unlikely that Tyrone will form Ireland. I seen that before many times and no Ireland although i haven't been playing much.

Close the worLd,.txEn eht nepO GAGA Extrem's Avatar
    200k clubAchtung PanzerA Game of DwarvesArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: Armageddon
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEast India Company CollectionElven Legacy Collection
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    King Arthur IILeviathan: WarshipsMagickaMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Rome GoldSemper FiSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandV2 BetaCK2: Holy Knight
    EU3 Collectors EditionKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by warcry View Post
    That is unlikely that Tyrone will form Ireland. I seen that before many times and no Ireland although i haven't been playing much.
    Its related to a stronger Scotland in DW.
    England will usually suffer when fighting against them during the early game - and the resulting WE usually allows to slip Irish provinces from the English grip.

Btw, you guys realise that the screenshot stuff ought to be in strange screenshots thread, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Ciaphas Cain View Post
    *snicker*

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

EU3:C Norway starts in a personal union led by "Erik VII" or Erik of Pomerane (actual name Boguslaw). Starting in a PU isn't so bad when its led by an AI Denmark that doesn't think twice about attacking Bohemia or the Teutonic Knights. By the time the jerk's rule ends (around 1420-1430, but historically 1439/42) you can have good Land Tradition (a general who doesn't contemplate his navel) and Prestige by choosing your battles. Here I am after warning Morrocco gives me CB. I screwed up by declaring war too early. I really want to land these troops in Mellila, where demoralized knights are holding the province, but...

I made some tests later, and it turns out that those Moroccan ships will sail from Toubkhal if I leave port in Valencia - 3 big units away!
    Looking at it now, I should have put "ZOMG" instead of "Oh no!", that would have been a better fit with the rules of this thread.
    Last edited by KarlMonster; 09-01-2011 at 21:19.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneMarch of the Eagles
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by KarlMonster View Post
    Looking at it now, I should have put "ZOMG" instead of "Oh no!", that would have been a better fit with the rules of this thread.
    Do it

Year: 1456. Really just happened. I'm still not recovered from the RAAAGE!
    Definitely the naval bug...I think?
    "It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt." -Mark Twain

“Destroying rainforest for economic gain is like burning a Renaissance painting to cook a meal.” -Edward O. Wilson

"Astrakhan rules the waves" -common knowledge

Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome

Yeah this is realy pissing of if you loose such battle...

EDIT: Not having general, sry!
    Last edited by Iwanow; 10-01-2011 at 00:01.

The French Armada?

Quote Originally Posted by Goggles89 View Post
    The French Armada?
    now known as the English Armada. >=(
    bunch o' pissants.
    "It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt." -Mark Twain

“Destroying rainforest for economic gain is like burning a Renaissance painting to cook a meal.” -Edward O. Wilson

EU3 Complete

Probably stormtrooper effect and the the Brits are the protagonists of this story, the same thing happend at traffalgar and with the Spanish armada, can't be a coincidence.

How the hell did they get another transport if you haven't lost any?
    EU3 is a grand attempt to reverse engineer history.
    I have once ragequit the forums, and there were nothing of value lost.

Quote Originally Posted by DislexicPanda View Post
    Probably stormtrooper effect and the the Brits are the protagonists of this story, the same thing happend at traffalgar and with the Spanish armada, can't be a coincidence.

How the hell did they get another transport if you haven't lost any?
    1. the Brits just sent a bunch of burning pieces of wood against the Spanish Armada and sank it that way. I kind of wish they had fire ships of sorts in EU3, but that would lead to some really cheesy tactics and/or rage.
    2. Traffalgar was a mistake. Napoleon probably made a RAAAGE! post after that one.

3. We all know Very hard AI gets magic boats. Derrrp.

EDIT: what's the stormtrooper effect?
    Last edited by herrhals; 10-01-2011 at 01:19.

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneMagickaMajesty II CollectionMarch of the EaglesRome Gold
    SengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Quote Originally Posted by King_Richard_XI View Post
    Playing Italy actually. Basically, I guaranted the Inca and saved them from Brandenburg and Scandinavia. And then all the blobs attacked Inca and I could do nothing.
    If you can't fight a blob, you failed.
    ubik: "The biggest part of the Magna Mundi releases is we give the pleasure of waiting free of charge... "
    Gongji: "There is also that amazing easter egg where you must chase armies across the provinces over and over, they call it "ping ponging". It must be an easter egg as there is no way that is in their on [sic] purpose."

Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome

Quote Originally Posted by the zealot View Post
    if you can't fight a blob, you failed.
    exactly!

Imodium Paradox Support Rep
    60 games registered

Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDiplomacyEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome Gold
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors EditionKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderWarlock 2: The ExiledEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res PublicaAncient SpaceCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
    Crusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

In order to maintain purity of rage I've just deleted a string of posts here: screenshots, comments on them, etc. Keep the rage pure bright and burning white please!

Screenshots into the thread dedicated to that artform please.
    Men fear thought as they fear nothing else on earth -- more than ruin -- more even than death .... Thought is subversive and revolutionary, destructive and terrible, thought is merciless to privilege, established institutions, and comfortable habit. Thought looks into the pit of hell and is not afraid. Thought is great and swift and free, the light of the world, and the chief glory of man. Bertrand Russell

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewT View Post
    In order to maintain purity of rage I've just deleted a string of posts here: screenshots, comments on them, etc. Keep the rage pure bright and burning white please!

Screenshots into the thread dedicated to that artform please.
    I see that mods have sense of humor . That's good ... whatever...

First Lieutenant tomcruzintopgun's Avatar

@edgewise
    @herrhals

its totally on topic! i wanted to keep playing eu3 but she screwed my plans ...it's subtile but it's eu3 stuff no? *cough*
    and yes let's cleanse this topic of all the non-raaage heresy

Not what I was looking for; stopped it 15 minutes into it; if u r looking for action or U.S. war material this is NOT it.
    - Mr. Westwar about the movie War and Peace...

Quote Originally Posted by tomcruzintopgun View Post
    need more life-inspired raaaaggee!

OMG I totally get it now. You has a beer and want to beat the snot out of some poor blob that you spent the ENTIRE day planning to kill, but then your girly wants you to come to bed, but you're like "fuck no". But asians are so adorable that you can't resist. The blob lives another day!

First Lieutenant tomcruzintopgun's Avatar

10/10!

edit: adorable yet deadly
    Not what I was looking for; stopped it 15 minutes into it; if u r looking for action or U.S. war material this is NOT it.
    - Mr. Westwar about the movie War and Peace...

EU3:C - Same Norway game as my last offering, but this happened about 1405? Denmark basically takes advantage of Sweden's huge forcelimits and a lot of loans to eventually secure Holstein. Then Denmark goes after Bohemia in order to cause more revolts in Denmark's core provinces. As Norway, my provinces are far from being endangered so its free land tradition for me. What worked out really well for me (until the depicted moment) was that Burgundy was running around in Bohemia too. That lifted much of the fog in the Bohemian provinces. Since I believed I was seeing all armies in nearby provinces, I saw an opportunity to engage a smaller group that had apparently drawn by Denmark's siege of Niederlausitz.

Naturally, this is a simplified version of what I saw. Apparently, 4 divisions that had been pursuing Burgundy in the opposite direction suddenly changed their minds. I had been paying attention, and was absolutely mystified when Bohemian forces swelled. Since I had no commander, and weakened forces from previous engagements, this quickly became a frantic search for the [RUN AWAY!] button.
    Last edited by KarlMonster; 10-01-2011 at 03:24. Reason: Rage added! doh!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 132 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 43 68 93 118 ... LastLast