Hello again everyone,
Fresh off the intense excitement of playing Switzerland , I thought I'd like to play an AAR where I finally try to win the game! Seems like there are 4 candidates - UK (no thanks), France (could never hope to match the awe-inspiring "Vive Le France" AAR), Russia (too cold ) and China. We have a winner!
My goal, to put it plainly, is to win. That means that the UK can't. This will be a primary consideration throughout. My (very rough) plan is to try and shake India loose, and see how that goes.
Some structural notes, before we start:
(1) Re mods - as before, I am using Alexspeed's Map Improvement package, Shauf's rebel fix, and The 'Age of Colonialism' mod. Many thanks again to those authors.
(2) Re style - as always, I welcome input - want more screen grabs? Fewer? Less discussion of game mechanics? More? I aim to please .
(3) While I'll try to win, I try to do so in a non-gamey fashion. It's just more fun this way.
Without further ado, away we go!
- (1836 - 1848) Chapter 1 - opening moves
- (1848 - 1857) Chapter 2: and so it begins....
- (1857-1865) Chapter 3: there will be blood...
- State of the world - 1865
- (1865-1873) Chapter 4: becoming a bad, bad boy....
- (1873 - 1880) Chapter 5: to be Chinese Africa, or not to be Chinese Africa
- (1880 - 1887) Chapter 6: Chinese Europe
- (1887-1889) Chapter 7: if this is Tuesday, this must be Belgium
- (1889-1894) Chapter 8: Adventures in Scotland
- (1894-1900) Chapter 9: Adventures in font size
- 1900 - China is big!
- Turn out the lights....