• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yay, my pics were uploaded! :D

Anyway, regarding inflation. 11 is nothing. I had 30 in my Italy game for about 50 years, peaked at 40. I kept going, and after annexing several of my neighbours I had the cash to pay off my 5 loans of 2k ducats each, and reduced inflation to about what you have now.
Basically, you have to put off expansion for a while, but you can still wage your wars - just make ducats the prize.

Yay, my pics were uploaded! :D

Anyway, regarding inflation. 11 is nothing. I had 30 in my Italy game for about 50 years, peaked at 40. I kept going, and after annexing several of my neighbours I had the cash to pay off my 5 loans of 2k ducats each, and reduced inflation to about what you have now.
Basically, you have to put off expansion for a while, but you can still wage your wars - just make ducats the prize.

As russia i have 13 inflation. :D So i am not so bad at all... after all i westernized during time of troubles and then - time of troubles ended!!! Problem is tech but when i westernized i got neighbour bonus so high as my monthly income... XD

I want to make some comments about where I intend this AAR to go.

First of all; I don't know.

Secondly, while I do intend continue to subjugate, my intentions is not to make a gameplay AAR, otherwise I wouldn't really care about inflation or debt, I would just be subjugating out there.

Just look at Aliasing's Salzburg game, who has been quite successful at the strategy. If anything, my AAR did inspire people to make games where they vassal all they can with spies.

Much like narrative AARs, I intend mostly to tell a funny story about a small country who becomes successful in his strategy and realise that running an empire isn't cheap.

Though, I am not sure I want to the Emperor or necessary colonise (since colonising requires my capital to be connected with a port province). So I am not even slightly disappointed if other people are much better at my own strategy than me. I am not an expert at EU3 unfortunately, and I am often scared of risks.

Svip, why don't you just beat some minors up for money?

Btw, first post in this thread, great AAR!

Because Ulm is not a jerk. He may be subjugating, but he doesn't beat people up for lunch money!

Because Ulm is not a jerk. He may be subjugating, but he doesn't beat people up for lunch money!
... dinner money?

I just read in the newpaper a man with the name Ulf Lundberg... It's just that I read: Ulm Ulmberg. xD Hahaha

He rather beats them, so they will carry his school bag and do his homeworks ;)

He rather beats them, so they will carry his school bag and do his homeworks ;)

And don't forget that they still give him half their lunch money every day!

I apologise for the lack of updates.

part49.png

Yes, I did say a big update this week. This is not it. Week is Monday to Sunday.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.