• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Svip, this AAR is the most brilliant thing I've ever read. All categories. But because I'm a Swede, and you are a Dane, I can't give you a cookie. But I can give you this: I hereby award Svip the first ever Swedish Meatball of Volvo and Björn Borg. Feel honored, or something. Actually I think I'm the one that is honored in this case. :D

Svip, this AAR is the most brilliant thing I've ever read. All categories. But because I'm a Swede, and you are a Dane, I can't give you a cookie. But I can give you this: I hereby award Svip the first ever Swedish Meatball of Volvo and Björn Borg. Feel honored, or something. Actually I think I'm the one that is honored in this case. :D
Epic award. :D

Congrats Svip on your 4th spherical award! :p

:eek::eek::eek::eek:Volvo and Björn Borg?!?!:eek::eek::eek::eek:

If only i knew what Björn Borg was i'd be more excited... :eek:o

I could give Svip a mark that entitles him to have free beer from me. But he has enough such stuff.

:eek::eek::eek::eek:Volvo and Björn Borg?!?!:eek::eek::eek::eek:

If only i knew what Björn Borg was i'd be more excited... :eek:o

You don't know Björn Borg? Blasphemy!
Let's just hope Svip acknowledges my award. After all it is 353 years since we took Scania, so they should've lost their cores by now...
Telesien: That depends on where you wear your T-Shirt!

I could give Svip a mark that entitles him to have free beer from me. But he has enough such stuff.

Don't worry, I don't drink! So it would be cheap for you, regardless.

Hm...

Alright, time for another Ulm tribute! Marconius suggested finding an anthem for Ulm, and I got the idea to go one step further: I decided to try my hand at composing an 18th century style national anthem with lyrics mixing national anthem-ish stuff, Ulm fanboyism, forum lingo and bad jokes.

I'm in the unfortunate position of not having a proper choir at my disposal (shocking I know, woe is me!) so a karaoke video will have to do. Just imagine that there's like a hundred people singing.

My apologies for the video being far from perfect - I couldn't find a decent free karaoke creator, so I had to use a crappy one. I know that the text is a bit too small and that the lines aren't always perfectly aligned, but it should at least be clear enough to understand.

If someone doesn't feel like listening to all the verses, the lyrics are also available in the Youtube description.
I really liked the music in this, it seemed to fit the era and culture group nicely (though it could have been slightly more German ;) ). The lyrics I didn't find that entertaining, perhaps it could have been a little more serious and less anachronistic, but that's just my personal taste, really.

The only way for that anthem to be more epic is, if you had made it in german.
But that's just nit-picking. Awesome.

Thanks! Let's just say that I already find making lyrics in English considerably more difficult than in Finnish (especially as I like to make everything rhyme), so doing it in what I'd consider my fourth language probably wouldn't have produced great results. :D But if someone wants to make German lyrics, then my music is certainly at your disposal. ;)

I really liked the music in this, it seemed to fit the era and culture group nicely (though it could have been slightly more German ;) ).

Correct culture group, wrong culture? Was I being too Austrian? :rofl: Wouldn't surprise me as that's what I mainly modeled this after. But thanks, hitting the era and culture group right is good enough for me. :D

The lyrics I didn't find that entertaining, perhaps it could have been a little more serious and less anachronistic, but that's just my personal taste, really.

Yeah, bad jokes aren't for everyone. ;) More seriously, I did play around with the idea of writing more of a "real" national anthem as far as the lyrics go, but that's a bit tricky to do for a nation that for all intents and purposes doesn't exist outside this forum. Because really, if this thread is all the source material you've got as far as making the text unique goes, and you leave out any silly stuff, what do you have left that's of any substance? The result would probably have been the most clichéd national anthem text you've ever seen, because to get any distinguishable features there I would have had to make them up, and where's the sense in that?

Also, thanks tuore for the compliment. :)

Guys, guys, guys! :eek:
I acknowledge the awesomness that is Ulm and its national anthem (seriously epic), but ...guys. This thread becomes MADNESS. MADNESS, ya hear me?

I imagine the little Ulm guy saying: "Minions, take care of that heretic, JacttheJumper."

And it makes me sad for your fate... .

-Pat

I'll join the award group, and I'll award you the Honorary Ulmer Flag of Epicness in ASCII form (so you can put it in your sig).

████
████

I'll join the award group, and I'll award you the Honorary Ulmer Flag of Epicness in ASCII form (so you can put it in your sig).

████
████

Alas!
Signature Rules said:
  • Your signature should not include ascii made images.

Status
Not open for further replies.