• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How the hell do you plan to do that?! Is it even possible?
You can't stop it from happening, but you can fight against it by force conversions of any reformed or protestant states. AI than should react by sending missionaries to convert population. That is the best you can do about it.

Damn. I wasn't sure about that, so I relied on the German national anthem. Why does it say "Über alles in der Welt"?

First - I am pretty sure that THIS part of the anthem is in the forbidden parts.
Second:
It is grammar. In the world = in der Welt | is the world = ist die Welt

Damn. I wasn't sure about that, so I relied on the German national anthem. Why does it say "Über alles in der Welt"?

They have the nasty habit of using different articles in different circumstances (usually recognized by prepositions) it is der-des-dem-den (masculine), die-der-der-die (feminine), das-des-dem-das(neutrum?) and die-der-den-die (plural). And if you think this is hard, we've got not 4 but 7 and they don't just change the article, but the whole word itself ;)

In is tricky, because it can use third or fourth one depending on if you put the thing in or it is already in.

First - I am pretty sure that THIS part of the anthem is in the forbidden parts.
Second:
It is grammar. In the world = in der Welt | is the world = ist die Welt

Yay, gonna correct you again ;-P.
You are obviously talking about the first verse of the "Deutschlandlied" by Fallersleben, contrary to popular believe it has never become "forbidden" or "banned", "prohibited" or something like that. Neither has the second verse been forbidden.

It's just that the national anthem of Germany, is the third verse of this poem made song. You are totally allowed to sing those other two, they just aren't the anthem, oh and kind morally outlawed by society.

Amusing missinterpreting btw (for obvious reasons, as the Nazis promoted that), as the original meaning of those verses was way more peaceful. Even the seemingly far fetched geographical "borders", aren't that far fetched considering the borders of the Holy Roman Empire.

@Tuore
It's saying something completly different, just like Franconian broke down in the second part of his post.

Well, you have a pretty good chang of being sued ig you sing/print/etc this song :p

Well, you have a pretty good chang of being sued ig you sing/print/etc this song :p

The song is not banned. NSDAP and their symbols are. ;)

Well I be. I've forgotten to give this masterpiece of AARdom the original cookie of excellence in AARland.
This must be changed
I hereby award you, Svip a
Lord Strange Cookie of British Awesomeness

:D I shall follow eagerly!

Well I be. I've forgotten to give this masterpiece of AARdom the original cookie of excellence in AARland.
This must be changed
I hereby award you, Svip a
Lord Strange Cookie of British Awesomeness
It's more prestigious than mine! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.