• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am liking this AAR and your strategy. You have a lot of vassals but, with the possible exception of the Byzantines, none of them are powerful enough to oppose you directly. The only way they would even stand a chance is if you faced a few of them at once. Also, I have a question. Why did you liberate the Byzantines instead of taking the land for yourself seeing as it had no penalties?

Two reasons: A. fewer provinces means less stability costs and I do intend to 'abuse' this advantage a lot, such as having military access to launch a surprise attack. I will be back on +3 in 6 months.

B. I like it this way. That may not be your best reasoning, but I find this way more amusing.

Why don't you vassalise them through the peace treaty? Wouldn't that be a lesser hit of infamy?

There are reasons for this, but also reasons against.

For:
- You change their government to yours (when releasing them).
- You remove them as an elector (though, this may also be counted as an against).

Against:
- Bigger infamy hit.
- You remove them as an elector (as I said above).

So sometimes it can pay off, sometimes not.

In addition, some countries are too big to accept an offer of vassallisation in a peace treaty, but will accept annexation (weird, I guess).

And when you need to get the nation 'freed' out of another country, you really have no choice. A freed nation is just an ally, not a vassal, but demanding the provinces for the new nation and then releasing them will grant you a vassal.

I know it is a bigger peace cost and infamy hit, but it's worth it. Sometimes.

Also remember the infamy reduction when you release a vassal.

In addition, some countries are too big to accept an offer of vassallisation in a peace treaty, but will accept annexation (weird, I guess).
Maybe this is due to having a CB that reduces war score costs for annexation?

Maybe this is due to having a CB that reduces war score costs for annexation?

Yes! But few reduces the cost for vassallisation. I can't remember, but I think Excommunication and Subjugation (obviously) does.

Not to complain or anything, but rather to know if I might stay up a bit later today:
Any idea when the next update will be up?

Then Ulm should do his very best.

It be time for war!

part24.png

Not pictured: Montenegro.

Last edited:
Personally, I wouldn't be half as cocky when part of my ancestral land was under French occupation. :)

I love the way Burgundy is ridiculously tall. Reminds me of a picture I made in the Raaage! Thread.

Burgundy is going to be a republic soon.

Yeah, gotta love the huge guy Burgundy. :D

Swarm him, swarm I say. Keep it up ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.