• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is awesome! Awesome! If only I could think of a stronger word than awesome... :(

Anyway - very funny, and an original strategy for the Imperial Throne by stealth. Ulm -> HRE should really be an Achievement. :D

A little update on how to deal with our new assets and some future preparations.

part14.png

Last edited:
Reactions:
"What's next, a Cologne in Westfalen?!" :rofl:

Well thought out.

Once finished, this AAR should be compiled and stickied as a tutorial. Simple, elegant, clear, smart, entertaining and yet incredibly informative. Thank you once more.

Springtime for Ulm und Germany! Flagland's a... erm.... what rhymes with flag? ... Ah. Nevermind. :eek:o

Indeed, it's wonderful how the AAR manages to be both didactic and extremely entertaining at the same time. Most gameplay AARs manage the former at best, but you Sir, you are a genius. :)

I Suppose you did not made venice vassal cause it is not imperial province ;)...

Partly true. You can argue, then why not keep Zeta and the Byzantine provinces then? They are far from the empire! The main reason is intend to keep my stability cost as low as possible, avoid as many riots as possible and releasing vassals reduces your infamy significantly. I may get 10 infamy from my annexations, but once I have released vassals afterwards, I am down to 2 infamy.

In addition, vassals provides a 'buffershield'. First of all, ensure you are in alliance with your vassals. Secondly, a good relationship between you and a vassal ensures a stable relationship, but most importantly they won't betray you. Which means you can fight wars against their neighbours without dragging them into the war, so you always have a safe location to station your armies and more importantly your enemy can never reach your provinces.

Vassals means less costs and requirements by its master. Obviously, there are a downside, in that you do not get all the benefits of their provinces, but only a percentage. In addition, you don't have direct control over them and let the AI control what they are doing. But this is far less of a concern of mine. Whatever the AI does - other than getting themselves into stupid wars - is pretty much regardless.

However, Venice is a special case. It is a rich province, and for Ulm to benefit entirely from this, they need direct control of it. And if I can only pick one province beyond my own, Venice would be it. In addition, as you said yourself, it is not an imperial province. And more over, it is easy to protect with a small fleet. But for now, I just need to ensure I attack enemies of Austria, since they are they only ones with direct access to it, and I won't have a fleet until 1501 (core province).

Once finished, this AAR should be compiled and stickied as a tutorial. Simple, elegant, clear, smart, entertaining and yet incredibly informative. Thank you once more.

You are most welcome. And thank you for your kind words.

Oh, what's this? Two updates in one day?!

part15.png

Telesien must be rolling in his grave... if he was dead.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Excellent work! Ulm seems to be getting more cunning with every episode. So who's the Emperor now? Not still Bohemia, surely? And Cologne means that you have one elector in your pocket? Or did they lose that status once you annexed them?

What is he riding to the battle at? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.