+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 110 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 37 62 87 ... LastLast

Thread: Glory for Ulm: A Flagland AAR

For The Glory

Quote Originally Posted by Boris ze Spider View Post
    Awesome, will u ever actually keep territory?
    I will keep Venezia, because that CoT is super important for me. It is about as much territory I will directly aquire.

Europa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron III Collection

Wow, how Ulmish
    I was Sir blsteen, Knight of the Eastern West... in :One Last HurRAAh: A Milanese Empire Interactive AAR:

I was FOTW 11/25/09 and 9/12/10

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight
    500k club

Thanks to this AAR I've also become a cunning rebel-employing bastard. I love it.
    "I shiver all over when I see your lovely tan, and I can tell by your clear blue eyes you're a sailor man." - Turbonegro

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneKing Arthur IIMagickaMarch of the EaglesSemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IIStarvoidMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Blog Entries
    Actually, you could continue to grow as long as the growing is taking place outside of the HRE. With time, this would increase your funds and possibilities quite considerably.

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneThe Kings CrusadeLost Empire - ImmortalsMagickaMarch of the Eagles
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

The white color of Ulm reminds me of Austria. Is Ulm the new BWB?
    1914-1964 - the Ultimate Strategy Game

Just to ask, how does Byzantium hold Thrace? You were able to release them as a vassal so they must have been annexed by the Ottos, yet they've got it back somehow? Or did Venice annex them?

For The Glory

Quote Originally Posted by Musthavename View Post
    Just to ask, how does Byzantium hold Thrace? You were able to release them as a vassal so they must have been annexed by the Ottos, yet they've got it back somehow? Or did Venice annex them?
    I am honestly not sure, my best suggestions is rebels in Thrace. Thrace was Aragon's territory rather than the Ottoman's, so there was less interest in protecting it.

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis: RomeSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

so how much did the CoT increase your income?

Wouldn't it have been better to sponsor patriotic rebels, that would (I think) have attached their provinces to byzantium, thus strengthening yourself indirectly?

Also, since Switzerland called in burgundy, I assume you're still at war with the mountain republic, do you intend to vassalise them as well?
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

For The Glory

Quote Originally Posted by sad king billy View Post
    Wouldn't it have been better to sponsor patriotic rebels, that would (I think) have attached their provinces to byzantium, thus strengthening yourself indirectly?
    Apparently, it lead to both. Crete and Albania become independent, although Albania became part of Morocco, but we will work on that latter. Meanwhile, Byzantium got Nexos, Thrace and and Corfu.

Also, since Switzerland called in burgundy, I assume you're still at war with the mountain republic, do you intend to vassalise them as well?
    Burgundy became the alliance leader, so I ended the war by paying them 25 ducats, while Switzerland wanted me to pay.

200k clubCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteFor The GloryHeir to the ThroneMajesty II Collection
    Naval War: Arctic CircleSword of the StarsMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k club

Blog Entries
    Are you making a CoT empire? (now there's an idea for a fun game)
    All hail Richard XI, King of the Mod, Grand Duke of Simcity 4, and Tsar of All the Awesomes - The_Shepherd

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultDungeonlandEast India Company CollectionEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III Collection
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneImpireEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron Cross
    Leviathan: WarshipsThe Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty II CollectionMarch of the Eagles
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the RosesEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Quote Originally Posted by King_Richard_XI View Post
    Are you making a CoT empire? (now there's an idea for a fun game)
    Moving capital to Venice and creating a merchant republic?
    Sounds awesome. WC could topple that.

For The Glory

Bad news, people.

Last edited by Svip; 02-09-2014 at 08:46.

200k clubHoI AnthologyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the Americas
    Deus VultEast India CompanyEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    LegioMagickaEuropa Universalis: RomeSengokuSword of the Stars
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    CK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k club

Hehe... However, looking at the situation, this could have been solved with the good old "when a man is down, kick him!"
    Read my Cuzco MEIOU AAR Children of the Sun! (ongoing)
    AARland Choice AwAARd: EU Gameplay Q1 & Q2 2011, Weekly AAR Showcase 17-10-2010,

Follow Gentlemen in Germany - a Brunswick AAR! (ongoing)

Participating in 1001 Sultans - A Jalayirids Succession AAR (ongoing)

WritAAR of the Week 24-5-2011, Fan of the Week 3-12-2009 & 15-1-2012
    Speed - A Castille (mini-?)AAR (finished)
    Took part in the HT Succession Game (finished)

For The Glory

Quote Originally Posted by Malurous View Post
    Hehe... However, looking at the situation, this could have been solved with the good old "when a man is down, kick him!"
    Ulm isn't exactly Richard Nixon.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryHeir to the Throne
    Leviathan: WarshipsMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSengoku
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Ulm: "If by avenge your death you mean bring you back to life so that I can kill you, you have my word."

This thread always gives me a laugh, you rule Svip.
    Be nice to your fellow human beings, they're the only fellow species members you have!

200k clubCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteFor The GloryHeir to the ThroneMajesty II Collection
    Naval War: Arctic CircleSword of the StarsMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k club

Blog Entries
    This is insane.
    All hail Richard XI, King of the Mod, Grand Duke of Simcity 4, and Tsar of All the Awesomes - The_Shepherd

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultDungeonlandEast India Company CollectionEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III Collection
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneImpireEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron Cross
    Leviathan: WarshipsThe Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty II CollectionMarch of the Eagles
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the RosesEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Hmm, you could just keep bombing Ferrara with revolts until the French give up?

Actually, just another thought; Given that I thought you had a trading Empire, isn't owning Venice but not having a Core there giving you a substantial penalty to Compete Chance elsewhere?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 110 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 37 62 87 ... LastLast