• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol Norway looks like a giant fish nomin on Norway XD

It's eating itself? :/

Looks like you have your work cut out for you with England, Milan, Brittany, etc. all siding with France. Still, with as much Monopoly™ as you have, you cannot lose!

Aha... So that's where Venice went...

I wondered where they spent their retirement. Cue Champagne as sports reporter.

Great update. I'm just sad, that Ottomans still underperform that much. Granted that Ulm's efforts must have weakened them, butI still have to see a game, where AI controled Ottomans got even close to their historic role.

I think it's time for a crusade. Kingdom of Jerusalem would fit into the flag collection very well - and there's only a limited window to achieve it (no crusader states after Reformation).

I think it's time for a crusade. Kingdom of Jerusalem would fit into the flag collection very well - and there's only a limited window to achieve it (no crusader states after Reformation).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Kings_of_Jerusalem

Actually, according to wikipedia, by this time, the title of King of Jerusalem was claimed by... uhh... everyone, apparently. I guess the best way to get it would be to beat up all the folks in Italy, plus maybe Aragon?

:rofl:

Congratulations for making me laugh on a statistics update :D

I see the war score at 0... will this end with an automatic white peace ? :p

I wonder why so many people hate Sibir. Still, the news is a good retirement for Venice.

I know why. It's way too cold there.

Anyway, Ulm knows where to put retired Venice. :D

Ok, so now I've read through all 95 pages... it took me a couple of days...

This is/was a grat AAR! It can compete with "Kanem Bornu - Out of the Sahara" in terms of originality and entertainability. Great work, Svip! :cool:

I must admit I prefered the first part of the AAR though. More direct interaction between the different countries. It was great fun to see how they treated each other - the action going on in Scandinavia, the Low countries and so on... It really made me laugh/smile.

Now, as for the "news updates", "jeopardy shows" and other comic-strips for entertainment's sake - all those that are not directly tied to what actually happens in-game - don't have the same appeal to me. After all, I came here for the AAR.

All in all, this is a great AAR. I will be following the rest of the story. One mustn't forget that you actually woke me up from the dead here, it's been years since I considered myself a hardcore paradoxian. I guess that's my cookie for you, mister. ;)

Cheerio!

Last edited:
Svip - congratulations on this AAR.
You already helped me through three boring nightshifts now. As Ulyanov stated above - your piece of art has the capacity to revive the dead and I am another example of those EU-dinosaurs that have the urgent desire to give you a positive feedback for your work.

I'd like to give you a cookie as well but as I don't like cookies I'll honour your work by quoting a poem about the special beauty of the girls from Ulm.

Before starting two additional sidenotes
[1] I am not really from Ulm but I grew up only 80 km from that town, so errrr - I've been vassalized already at the beginning of your AAR. :D
[2] The poem gives you an intense impression of the Swabian dialect spoken in Ulm, it is even hard to translate it to proper German and I won't try it.
And this leads me back to my eternal struggle: Paradoxian Vikings never knew and still don't know anything about the complicated ethnical diversification in the southern parts of Germany. But Ulm was and is Swabian and never has been Bavarian. So - use this info wisely Svip (and remove Bavarian culture from Ulm and Venice) ;).

Ulmer Mädla

Ulm em schena Schwabaland
isch ja lengscht scho weltbekannt,
durch da Spatza, durch da Schneider,
Kuhhirt, Menster und so weiter
doch Ulms Mädla schö und fei
derfet et vergessa sei;
denn em ganza Schwaba Gai
geit's jo koine schenre mai.
Drom send d'Ulmer so bekannt,
weil se de schenste Mädla hant.​

Keep up your brilliant AAR.

Last edited:
If you would fight only France i would consider about can you win or not... but when you fight so much strong countries you can only win ;). Why? Warscore you can gain in milan and brandenburg... can bring you easy end to this war... also you will be able to vassalize some of your enemies... the only problem is that they have faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar bigger armies than you have combined with your vassals, but if you will use good tactics, you can win with them...

I hate it when Portugal and Castille always end up with provinces in the Eastern Med through fighting the Ottomans. The Crusades should just stop- they had by that point in OTL.

Love the AAR, and super Norway is Viking power.

Svip, I don't mind whatever you would do with this AAR, anything you write is probable to be very good ^^

Wow. Just wow. Read through all of this and I am completely overwhulmed.

Fully knowing I am the umpteenth person to say so, it still has to be said again: this AAR is brilliant!

Status
Not open for further replies.