Closed Thread
Page 34 of 110 FirstFirst ... 9 24 32 33 34 35 36 44 59 84 109 ... LastLast

Thread: Glory for Ulm: A Flagland AAR

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryHeir to the Throne
    Leviathan: WarshipsMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSengoku
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    Crusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
    Crusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Ulm!
    Be nice to your fellow human beings, they're the only fellow species members you have!

200k clubCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultEuropa Universalis: Chronicles
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourMagickaRome Gold
    Semper FiVictoria 2Mount & Blade: WarbandWar of the RosesCK2: Holy Knight
    500k club

Three cheers for silly Ulm!
    "'Religious faith. Belief in daemons, belief in spirits, belief in an afterlife and all the other trappings of a preternatural existence, simply existed to make us all more comfortable and content in the face of a measureless cosmos. They were sops, bolsters for the soul, crutches for the intellect, prayers and lucky charms to help us through the darkness. But we have witnessed the cosmos now, my friends. We have passed amongst it. We have learned and understood the fabric of reality. We have seen the stars from behind, and found they have no clockwork mechanisms, no golden chariots carrying them abroad. We have realized there is no need for god, or any gods, and by extension no use any longer for daemons or devils or spirits."

- Primary Iterator Kyril Sindermann

Europa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron III Collection

Ah Ulm with its hip hop phase...
    time to chill for a while, sip some fruity drinks by the pool...get a massage
    I was Sir blsteen, Knight of the Eastern West... in :One Last HurRAAh: A Milanese Empire Interactive AAR:

I was FOTW 11/25/09 and 9/12/10

Mushroom Korps Field Marshal OrangeYoshi's Avatar
    200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneIron CrossLegio
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Frasier Crane references... *sigh*

I miss that show.
    Last edited by OrangeYoshi; 21-01-2011 at 18:20.
    On Ubik: "HE GETS TO BE SMUG AFTER CARVING THE FACE OF PERFECTION USING THE SPOON OF INSPIRATION UPON THE BUTTOCKS OF AN ANGEL"

────── OrangeYoshi's Newbie Sig Information Center: Help is just a click away...™ ──────
    EU3 Wiki lll Paradox Acronyms lll FAQ Forum lll General FAQ lll Siege FAQ lll Patrolling Guidelines
    No Time Limit Mod lll Quick Questions Quick Answers

For The Glory

Hey! I still watch Cheers too.
    AARs of Sir Svip OLIR:
    Glory for Ulm A Flagland AAR (Europa Universalis IV) (ongoing)
    Winner of: ACA 2014 Q2: EUIV, ACA 2014 Q1: EUIV (Split), AARtist of the Month (May 2014), Seal of Mythic Approval and having the same title as another popular AAR.
    Ulm plays Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods as Someone (finished), Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness as Austria (finished) and March of the Eagles as Russia (finished)
    Winner of: Hats.
    Glory for Ulm A Flagland AAR (Europa Universalis III) (ended)
    Winner of: Europa Univeralis: The Musical, Cities in Motion DLC: Ulm, AARtist of the Month (June 2011), (Royal Dutch Cheese of Anti-Frognessship), (Swedish Meatball of Volvo and Björn Borg), (Cyan Blue Cookie of Awesomeness), (Lord Strange Cookie of British Awesomeness), ACA 2010 Q4: EU Comedy, (Paradox Cookie), WritAAR of the Week (2011-01-30), "Best everything, ever" award, (Irish Shamrock Cookie) and being in this signature.
    Full list at my Inkwell

Mushroom Korps Field Marshal OrangeYoshi's Avatar
    200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneIron CrossLegio
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Svip View Post
    Hey! I still watch Cheers too.
    Sometimes you wanna go where everybody knows your name!
    On Ubik: "HE GETS TO BE SMUG AFTER CARVING THE FACE OF PERFECTION USING THE SPOON OF INSPIRATION UPON THE BUTTOCKS OF AN ANGEL"

────── OrangeYoshi's Newbie Sig Information Center: Help is just a click away...™ ──────
    EU3 Wiki lll Paradox Acronyms lll FAQ Forum lll General FAQ lll Siege FAQ lll Patrolling Guidelines
    No Time Limit Mod lll Quick Questions Quick Answers

200k clubDeus VultEU3 CompleteFor The GloryHeir to the Throne
    Rome GoldVictoria 2

I wonder what constitutes Venetian 'canal talk'?

Yo! That's one pimped out gondalas! That dude's sicker than a Genoese! Yo mumma's so fat, she's got her own guelf and ghibelline factions!
    Extra! Extra! Read All About It! The Star of New Orleans - A V2 AAR for an Independent Louisiana, told in Newspapers!

CK AAR - The Atheling Chronicle - A King Without A Crown
    Follow the descendants of Edgar Atheling as they seek to regain their throne.

Winner of the WritAAR of the week award, 30/11/2009 | 05/07/2010 ~ Character Writer of the Week 09/05/2010 ~ Favourite CK History Book Q1 2010 | Q2 2010 | Q3 2010

Rebellion! Treachery! War! Marriage! And You! It's all in the Imperium AARlandium Sacrum, a CK succession game with a twist! Read it here.
    Favourite CK Gameplay Q2 2010

academic outlaw Moderator safferli's Avatar
    DiplomacyV2 BetaHoi 2 BetaEU3 Collectors EditionEUIV: Call to arms event

"you ain't street, you sidewalk"

Love it!
    When I speak in regal, manly grey I do so as a moderator.
    Never publicly comment or answer to a moderation post. Please write a PM (see Rule #2 of the Forum Rules).

--
    How to give a proper man-to-man hug

Ireland's Teardrop -- EU3 DW Munster/Ireland AAR. Follow the story of Munster, taking over the entire North American continent!
    Rule Helvetia! Helvetia Rule the Waves... -- Victoria 2 beta AAR. Watch Switzerland defeat the British Royal Navy... or die trying!
    What if the Pope had 200,000 men? -- A Papal States EU3 1.3 aar (abandoned/finished after owning 70% of the world)

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Victoria: RevolutionsSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Quote Originally Posted by AllmyJames View Post
    I wonder what constitutes Venetian 'canal talk'?

Yo! That's one pimped out gondalas! That dude's sicker than a Genoese! Yo mumma's so fat, she's got her own guelf and ghibelline factions!
    Yo dawg! I heard you like gondolas! Well I'm xVenis, and I'm here to pimp your float!

PS. "you ain't street, you sidewalk". I agree with safferli. That line was hilarious.
    Sir Robert, OLIR, Sovereign of the Order of the Large and Intimidating Robert
    Knights of the Order: TemplarComander, loki100, Enewald, Chris Taylor, Nathan Madien, Svip, Slan, (Mr.) Capiatlist, LeCare, Redandwhite, ThunderHawk3
    Ever wanted to become President? Now you have the chance in The Presidents: 1836 - 1936 - An Interactive US AAR!
    Current President: Richard A. Jarvis (R)
    Current V-President: William Gallatin (R)

Joseph Henry Harrison (1903 - 19??), General, US Army, ret.
    My Inkwell

Why are you spreading your investments around instead of pumping all in one tech, switching when the next is researched?
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

For The Glory

Quote Originally Posted by sad king billy View Post
    Why are you spreading your investments around instead of pumping all in one tech, switching when the next is researched?
    Several reasons. First of all science-fiction penalties, and that I need to get new technology in all fields to be ahead of the game, though primarily in trade and production. Also, I don't care for micromanaging it every time I get a new technology.
    AARs of Sir Svip OLIR:
    Winner of: ACA 2014 Q2: EUIV, ACA 2014 Q1: EUIV (Split), AARtist of the Month (May 2014), Seal of Mythic Approval and having the same title as another popular AAR.
    Ulm plays Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods as Someone (finished), Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness as Austria (finished) and March of the Eagles as Russia (finished)
    Winner of: Europa Univeralis: The Musical, Cities in Motion DLC: Ulm, AARtist of the Month (June 2011), (Royal Dutch Cheese of Anti-Frognessship), (Swedish Meatball of Volvo and Björn Borg), (Cyan Blue Cookie of Awesomeness), (Lord Strange Cookie of British Awesomeness), ACA 2010 Q4: EU Comedy, (Paradox Cookie), WritAAR of the Week (2011-01-30), "Best everything, ever" award, (Irish Shamrock Cookie) and being in this signature.
    Full list at my Inkwell

HoI AnthologyCommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided

Quote Originally Posted by sad king billy View Post
    If he's ahead of time in most/all techs, spreading out the investment is the most effective way of not wasting your income on the penalty.

For The Glory

Quote Originally Posted by von_Rundstedt View Post
    If he's ahead of time in most/all techs, spreading out the investment is the most effective way of not wasting your income on the penalty.
    Indeed, for instance my government tech is 15 years in the future.
    AARs of Sir Svip OLIR:
    Full list at my Inkwell

Crusader Kings IIRome Gold

Blog Entries
    Meanwhile in an Ulmish mall.

200k clubCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMarch of the Eagles
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Quote Originally Posted by AllmyJames View Post
    Yo mumma's so fat, she's got her own guelf and ghibelline factions!
    That one is pure gold! In a very history-nerdy way...
    "A merely fallen enemy may rise again, but the reconciled one is truly vanquished." (On Grace and Dignity)

"Der bloß niedergeworfene Feind kann wieder aufstehen, aber der versöhnte ist wahrhaft überwunden." (Über Anmut und Würde)

- Friedrich Schiller

Emperor Demi Moderator Marconius's Avatar
    A Game of DwarvesCities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDungeonland
    Europa Universalis 3Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLeviathan: Warships
    MagickaEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionSengokuSword of the StarsSword of the Stars II
    Victoria 2Warlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the Roses500k clubEuropa Universalis IV
    Magicka: Wizard Wars Starter WizardWarlock 2: The Exiled

I have a small question, because I never seem able to catch it in any pics... what year is it in your game?

Well, whatever year it is... 13% inflation? Geez, that's gonna take ages to get down...

Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome

Gah i had worse inflation as Luxembourg...

For The Glory

Quote Originally Posted by Marconius View Post
    I have a small question, because I never seem able to catch it in any pics... what year is it in your game?

Well, whatever year it is... 13% inflation? Geez, that's gonna take ages to get down...
    Around 1500. But I generally avoid showing the current year, as the stories overlap.
    AARs of Sir Svip OLIR:
    Full list at my Inkwell

Closed Thread
Page 34 of 110 FirstFirst ... 9 24 32 33 34 35 36 44 59 84 109 ... LastLast