Closed Thread
Page 21 of 110 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 46 71 96 ... LastLast

Thread: Glory for Ulm: A Flagland AAR

HoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiVictoria 2Rome: Vae Victis

Quote Originally Posted by Salt View Post
    I thought the Ulm AAR was funny, but Glory for Ferrara is on a totally new level .
    He should get a laptop and run it as a mp game against himself!
    GM and Last of the Carolingians in:
    Sunday night MP Megacampaign: God Will Know His Own
    The Great Game III MP Mega-Campaign: Children of the Fatherland , Day of Glory (finished)
    Proprietor of one Lord Strange Cookie. , WritAAR of the Week: Feb. 6, 2011

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest Hour
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Majesty 2Victoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Rise of Prussia500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I don't understand anything but I know it's good.
    ###Goldmattress###

Use Dogecoin - The currency for doges

In Europa Universalis, Ulm vasalizes you

Europa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron III Collection

Glory to...who is it again. Ulm is what it says on the window at the top of the screen so we'll go with that...for now.
    Nice dartboard.
    I was Sir blsteen, Knight of the Eastern West... in :One Last HurRAAh: A Milanese Empire Interactive AAR:

I was FOTW 11/25/09 and 9/12/10

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultDungeonlandEast India Company CollectionEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III Collection
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneImpireEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron Cross
    Leviathan: WarshipsThe Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty II CollectionMarch of the Eagles
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the RosesEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

aww, less reasons to hate the world

200k clubCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultEuropa Universalis: Chronicles
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourMagickaRome Gold
    Semper FiVictoria 2Mount & Blade: WarbandWar of the RosesCK2: Holy Knight
    500k club

Quote Originally Posted by the_hdk View Post

also teh butters reference...brilliant
    Butters was also a parody of original.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbGkxcY7YFU

Surgeon general warning: clicking on this link may threaten your sanity or heterosexuality
    Last edited by telesien; 12-01-2011 at 12:12.
    "'Religious faith. Belief in daemons, belief in spirits, belief in an afterlife and all the other trappings of a preternatural existence, simply existed to make us all more comfortable and content in the face of a measureless cosmos. They were sops, bolsters for the soul, crutches for the intellect, prayers and lucky charms to help us through the darkness. But we have witnessed the cosmos now, my friends. We have passed amongst it. We have learned and understood the fabric of reality. We have seen the stars from behind, and found they have no clockwork mechanisms, no golden chariots carrying them abroad. We have realized there is no need for god, or any gods, and by extension no use any longer for daemons or devils or spirits."

- Primary Iterator Kyril Sindermann

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis: RomeSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by telesien View Post
    Butters was also a parody of original.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbGkxcY7YFU

Surgeon general warning: clicking on this link may threaten your sanity or heterosexuality
    I knew that but until today I havn't seen that video....

what people are capable of doing just to get their 15 minutes of fame.

200k clubCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultEuropa Universalis: Chronicles
    500k club

Quote Originally Posted by the_hdk View Post
    I knew that but until today I havn't seen that video....

what people are capable of doing just to get their 15 minutes of fame.
    I believe that this guy is actually comedian and so even he means it as a joke, but I might be wrong. It's not like you won't find gay comedians, right?
    "'Religious faith. Belief in daemons, belief in spirits, belief in an afterlife and all the other trappings of a preternatural existence, simply existed to make us all more comfortable and content in the face of a measureless cosmos. They were sops, bolsters for the soul, crutches for the intellect, prayers and lucky charms to help us through the darkness. But we have witnessed the cosmos now, my friends. We have passed amongst it. We have learned and understood the fabric of reality. We have seen the stars from behind, and found they have no clockwork mechanisms, no golden chariots carrying them abroad. We have realized there is no need for god, or any gods, and by extension no use any longer for daemons or devils or spirits."

For The Glory

Oh yeah...

AARs of Sir Svip OLIR:
    Glory for Ulm A Flagland AAR (Europa Universalis IV) (ongoing)
    Winner of: ACA 2014 Q1: EUIV (Half), AARtist of the Month (May 2014), Seal of Mythic Approval and having the same title as another popular AAR.
    Ulm plays Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods as Someone (finished), Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness as Austria (finished) and March of the Eagles as Russia (finished)
    Winner of: Hats.
    Glory for Ulm A Flagland AAR (Europa Universalis III) (ended)
    Winner of: Europa Univeralis: The Musical, Cities in Motion DLC: Ulm, AARtist of the Month (June 2011), (Royal Dutch Cheese of Anti-Frognessship), (Swedish Meatball of Volvo and Björn Borg), (Cyan Blue Cookie of Awesomeness), (Lord Strange Cookie of British Awesomeness), ACA 2010 Q4: EU Comedy, (Paradox Cookie), WritAAR of the Week (2011-01-30), "Best everything, ever" award, (Irish Shamrock Cookie) and being in this signature.
    Failure for Württemberg A Flagland Victoria 2: A House Divided Beta mini-AAR (finished)
    Winner of: Having my name attached to it.

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Lost Empire - ImmortalsEuropa Universalis: RomeSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    Ulm has monopolies? World, you better runnn!

Winner of Best Gameplay AAR (EU 1-3) Q3 2011
    Awarded WritAAR of the Week 6/26/11; 9/2/2013

"i don't like ppl coyping me" - iwanow

What "research project"? I smell something rotten in the state of Ulm
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

Quote Originally Posted by sad king billy View Post
    What "research project"? I smell something rotten in the state of Ulm
    no, it's just me.

Best AAR ever. I almost died laughing about "What What in the Butt" and "George Lucas" jokes. Style is awesome. Maychance you like Scandinavia and the World comics ?
    ... For years I have traveled in coldness,
    But my heart is warm as the darkened sun above me...
    Nothing can never take away
    What I've seen with these tired eyes

For The Glory

Quote Originally Posted by TelcontarElessa View Post
    Best AAR ever. I almost died laughing about "What What in the Butt" and "George Lucas" jokes. Style is awesome. Maychance you like Scandinavia and the World comics ?
    I will not deny that I was inspired by them. I was. But I felt they lack historical perspective, and humon is not always entirely accurate. While I circumvent facts in my comic, I attempt my best to not make actual inaccuracies, and if I do, then explain them in my description. There are liberties you can take as an artist. I realise humon has the same liberty, but even her comments afterwards seems to be missing the mark.

I was also inspired slightly by Polandball, but felt its take was slightly too stupid.

There was a vacuum I needed to fill.
    AARs of Sir Svip OLIR:
    Winner of: ACA 2014 Q1: EUIV (Half), AARtist of the Month (May 2014), Seal of Mythic Approval and having the same title as another popular AAR.
    Ulm plays Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods as Someone (finished), Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness as Austria (finished) and March of the Eagles as Russia (finished)
    Winner of: Europa Univeralis: The Musical, Cities in Motion DLC: Ulm, AARtist of the Month (June 2011), (Royal Dutch Cheese of Anti-Frognessship), (Swedish Meatball of Volvo and Björn Borg), (Cyan Blue Cookie of Awesomeness), (Lord Strange Cookie of British Awesomeness), ACA 2010 Q4: EU Comedy, (Paradox Cookie), WritAAR of the Week (2011-01-30), "Best everything, ever" award, (Irish Shamrock Cookie) and being in this signature.
    Failure for Württemberg A Flagland Victoria 2: A House Divided Beta mini-AAR (finished)

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultDungeonlandEast India Company CollectionEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III Collection
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneImpireEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron Cross
    Leviathan: WarshipsThe Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty II CollectionMarch of the Eagles
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the RosesEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

You better get Cuba for better cigars!

So now everyone in Ulm can buy the lovely game of Monopoly ?

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight
    500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Timmie0307 View Post
    So now everyone in Ulm can buy the lovely game of Monopoly ?
    That's it. I'm moving to Ulm.
    "I shiver all over when I see your lovely tan, and I can tell by your clear blue eyes you're a sailor man." - Turbonegro

500k club

The Ulmonopoly. Game of plastic figurines of spies buy minors

For The Glory

Quote Originally Posted by telesien View Post
    The Ulmonopoly. Game of plastic figurines of spies buy minors
    That's a great idea, actually. And instead of just changing the figurines and the lots to minors, we can apply some new rules.

Every 'lot' have 4 purchase prices, each has a chance of success to get the lot, while the most expensive has 100%.

Each 'lot' can then be vassallised or kept. Vassallised means you avoid it rebelling against you, but also produces less income. Kept has the opposite consequences.

From the cheap 'lots', such as Ansbach and Augsburg to the expensive ones such as France and England.

Imagine the chance cards:

'Your infamy is too high, go straight to jail'
    'You just hired a master spy, go to the next of one of your opponents' countries and attempt to send spies at 50% chance.'
    etc.
    AARs of Sir Svip OLIR:

500k club

Europa Universalis: The Board Game

We will be rich!

51 games registered

200k clubAchtung PanzerHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: Armageddon
    Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    Elven Legacy CollectionEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneImpire
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossKing Arthur IILost Empire - ImmortalsMagicka
    Majesty 2Majesty II CollectionMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSemper FiSengokuSword of the StarsSword of the Stars II
    Supreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold WarSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    Pride of NationsRise of PrussiaKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Enewald View Post
    You better get Cuba for better cigars!
    I support this.
    Show the bloody europeans where the good cigars come from.
    Commander Shepard: You must have had some kind of interesting experience.
    Urdnott Wrex: Well, there was this one time the Turians tried to wipe out our entire race. That was fun.

Closed Thread
Page 21 of 110 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 46 71 96 ... LastLast