Closed Thread
Page 17 of 110 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 42 67 92 ... LastLast

Thread: Glory for Ulm: A Flagland AAR

Natalia Poklonskaya fanboy Stuckenschmidt's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIRome Gold

Blog Entries
    I`m still waiting for France to get crushed.
    Earth Invasion : Los Angeles

The Alien Invasion is here. Los Angeles is lost, unless a few good Paradoxians (and a bunch of Marines) throw them back in the ocean. Rules. Data. Map.

For The Glory

Quote Originally Posted by sprites View Post
    that would be cool to have a greece sized bysantine vassal ... for a TPM
    It sure will. I don't mind powerful vassals, is far more amusing when you are a TPM (I assume M will become Major in this case, hehe).

Quote Originally Posted by KPJ View Post
    Looks like they got Janina, at least. Don't cry little flagman!
    And we are just getting started.

Quote Originally Posted by Enewald View Post
    Even better. Go for a crusade!
    Hey hey, we also need to focus on the Empire, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Salt View Post
    Truly Ulm is the James Bond of nations.
    Hm, now I know how Ulm wants his martini.

Quote Originally Posted by tuore View Post
    I thought it was Corfu owning that province rather than Morocco.
    Corfu is Byzantine, silly!

Quote Originally Posted by telesien View Post
    No, but I am outright furious

Such a cheap strategy AND with exploits

Why does everybody hate us?

But we will be back!!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    PS: Sorry for such a late reaction, but I somehow forgot to check for updates
    Bohemia is not what it used to be, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Registered View Post
    what is your income from vassals now? Must be getting quite high.
    Ask and you shall receive:

This is the income of Ulm as of 1488. I have the largest income of anyone in the world at this point. It should also be noted that this screen is from after the events I have told of so far, so some has happened, but I won't reveal exactly what just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Musthavename View Post
    This AAR has quickly become the guidebook for any crafty player wanting to play a OPM. Still loving it.
    Oh yus. OPMs can be quite fun.

Quote Originally Posted by the_hdk View Post
    ware spies always this powerful or is it an addition of the last expansion?
    Nah, I also used to use spies heavily in HTTT. Never played IN for real or any expansion before that, so I cannot comment on those.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy4ever View Post
    Powerful vassals are a great idea. But I do think you should focus more on the Empire rather than the Balkans. You do still want to be the Kaiser right?
    Of course. And I have not given up on that yet, but we need to ensure that our vassals are not thoroughly intimidated by the Ottomans or other powerful entities. Our business in the Empire is rather safe for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Arakhor View Post
    This is really very awesome indeed.
    Indeed. DW did the right thing and added Ulm.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuckenschmidt View Post
    The unfortunate reality is that France have gotten quite strong. And Ulm's grudge against France was merely that they had conquered his nemesis.
    AARs of Sir Svip OLIR:
    Glory for Ulm A Flagland AAR (Europa Universalis IV) (ongoing)
    Winner of: ACA 2014 Q2: EUIV, ACA 2014 Q1: EUIV (Split), AARtist of the Month (May 2014), Seal of Mythic Approval and having the same title as another popular AAR.
    Ulm plays Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods as Someone (finished), Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness as Austria (finished) and March of the Eagles as Russia (finished)
    Winner of: Hats.
    Glory for Ulm A Flagland AAR (Europa Universalis III) (ended)
    Winner of: Europa Univeralis: The Musical, Cities in Motion DLC: Ulm, AARtist of the Month (June 2011), (Royal Dutch Cheese of Anti-Frognessship), (Swedish Meatball of Volvo and Björn Borg), (Cyan Blue Cookie of Awesomeness), (Lord Strange Cookie of British Awesomeness), ACA 2010 Q4: EU Comedy, (Paradox Cookie), WritAAR of the Week (2011-01-30), "Best everything, ever" award, (Irish Shamrock Cookie) and being in this signature.
    Full list at my Inkwell

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultDungeonlandEast India Company CollectionEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III Collection
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneImpireEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron Cross
    Leviathan: WarshipsThe Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty II CollectionMarch of the Eagles
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the RosesEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Money money money!!!

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome Gold
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

... it's a rich man's world!
    Ius Hibernicum, in nomine juris. Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Ancestor Moth scribe for CK 2: Elder Kings - can you rival Tiber Septim's power?
    Burgundy: A Dream of Lotharingia (a Death & Taxes AAR - in torpor)
    The Three Certainties of Life (a Byzantine D&T AAR - updated 19.02.14)

Europa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron III Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Stuckenschmidt View Post
    But not before the massive Ulm..ian Ulmite, Ulmi, UuuuuuLLLLmanians fleet is ready to storm the dardanelles in a style reminisent of Admiral Hornby rather than Admiral Carden
    I was Sir blsteen, Knight of the Eastern West... in :One Last HurRAAh: A Milanese Empire Interactive AAR:

I was FOTW 11/25/09 and 9/12/10

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneKing Arthur IIMagickaMarch of the EaglesSemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IIStarvoidMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Blog Entries
    That'd be the invincible UlmAARian fleet!

For The Glory

According to the game the term is 'Ulmer'.

I did wish that the game would write the name over vassals disconnected from my main territory. I would have liked 'Ulmer Byzantine' over Greece. A man can dream though, a man can dream.
    AARs of Sir Svip OLIR:
    Winner of: ACA 2014 Q2: EUIV, ACA 2014 Q1: EUIV (Split), AARtist of the Month (May 2014), Seal of Mythic Approval and having the same title as another popular AAR.
    Ulm plays Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods as Someone (finished), Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness as Austria (finished) and March of the Eagles as Russia (finished)
    Winner of: Europa Univeralis: The Musical, Cities in Motion DLC: Ulm, AARtist of the Month (June 2011), (Royal Dutch Cheese of Anti-Frognessship), (Swedish Meatball of Volvo and Björn Borg), (Cyan Blue Cookie of Awesomeness), (Lord Strange Cookie of British Awesomeness), ACA 2010 Q4: EU Comedy, (Paradox Cookie), WritAAR of the Week (2011-01-30), "Best everything, ever" award, (Irish Shamrock Cookie) and being in this signature.
    Full list at my Inkwell

Do you have a settlement policy in place over Venice? Ulmer provinces should have rheinlander culture!
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Mount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

It's really neat to see you expanding your empire without using force of arms (well, at least not your own armies!). I should try that sometimes, perhaps get the Byzantium achievable using patriotic rebels, yes?
    It is of interest to note that while some dolphins are reported to have learned English -- up to fifty words used in correct context -- no human being has been reported to have learned dolphinese. -- Carl Sagan

bring the game home!
    Europa Universalis 3Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition

I have to say, this is my favorite by fAAR.

-Pat
    It always takes a New Yorker to bring some sense into the discussion. -christianx
    I'm not a professional cynic; I do this out of the goodness of my heart
    Spreading Evil: Pat Crowe's Autobiography
    /me gives Pat a gold star. -MrT
    Fan of the Week, 22 Oct 2006

200k clubCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteFor The GloryHeir to the ThroneMajesty II Collection
    Naval War: Arctic CircleSword of the StarsMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Svip View Post

I did wish that the game would write the name over vassals disconnected from my main territory. I would have liked 'Ulmer Byzantine' over Greece. A man can dream though, a man can dream.
    And one day, when it is absorbed fully, it shall be Ulmest Byzantium!
    All hail Richard XI, King of the Mod, Grand Duke of Simcity 4, and Tsar of All the Awesomes - The_Shepherd

Mushroom Korps Field Marshal OrangeYoshi's Avatar
    200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneIron CrossLegio
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Just found this. It's 'mazing!
    On Ubik: "HE GETS TO BE SMUG AFTER CARVING THE FACE OF PERFECTION USING THE SPOON OF INSPIRATION UPON THE BUTTOCKS OF AN ANGEL"

────── OrangeYoshi's Newbie Sig Information Center: Help is just a click away...™ ──────
    EU3 Wiki lll Paradox Acronyms lll FAQ Forum lll General FAQ lll Siege FAQ lll Patrolling Guidelines
    No Time Limit Mod lll Quick Questions Quick Answers

For The Glory

Bismarck was right about you, Hapsburg!

Oh the crazies.
    AARs of Sir Svip OLIR:
    Full list at my Inkwell

HoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiVictoria 2Rome: Vae Victis

Awesome as always!
    GM and Last of the Carolingians in:
    Sunday night MP Megacampaign: God Will Know His Own
    The Great Game III MP Mega-Campaign: Children of the Fatherland , Day of Glory (finished)
    Proprietor of one Lord Strange Cookie. , WritAAR of the Week: Feb. 6, 2011

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest Hour
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Majesty 2Victoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Rise of Prussia500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

BEST EVAR and I was one of the first to see it in the IRC I DEMAND A MEDAL FOR THIS
    ###Goldmattress###

Use Dogecoin - The currency for doges

In Europa Universalis, Ulm vasalizes you

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis: RomeSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

crazy Austrians... sending you mixed signals. Next thing you now they want to 'French' you

Quote Originally Posted by Svip View Post

It does seem to work for vassals on other continents- in my Byzantine campaign I see "Byzantine Ehtiopia"

For The Glory

Quote Originally Posted by Salt View Post
    It does seem to work for vassals on other continents- in my Byzantine campaign I see "Byzantine Ehtiopia"
    Maybe Byzantine just needs to get big enough. It seems to me the game holds back on creating text that is too long. Ulm appears easy because it is short, but Ulmer Byzantine? Yeah, I am going to give the game the benefit of doubt. We'll see, once Byzantine finally rises!

On an unrelated note, FrozenWall did a nice update for his AAR (well, not just his, I guess) using a similar styled comic. Thumbs up from here.
    AARs of Sir Svip OLIR:
    Full list at my Inkwell

Austria is playing some head games. Also, ALL AARS ARE NOW COMICS
    I think he'll be to Rome
    As is the osprey to the fish, who takes it
    By sovereignty of nature.

For The Glory

Wait, there is more?
    AARs of Sir Svip OLIR:
    Full list at my Inkwell

Closed Thread
Page 17 of 110 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 42 67 92 ... LastLast