Closed Thread
Page 11 of 110 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 36 61 86 ... LastLast

Thread: Glory for Ulm: A Flagland AAR

Leading the Mombotian Horde Lurken's Avatar
    200k clubArsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria 2

At the Temple of Mombot, nailing up 103 boards
    I think that this is more fitting

http://www.instantsfun.es/drama
    "Godfather of the Superpower games" according to people
    Bought a big case of beer to Pdox
    Proud owner of 3 mouldy Phoenix cookies ●●●
    Pathetic and Brave King of Poland in Battlefront IV - Lords of War
    Shifty Leader of <random/> nation in Diplomacy Universalis 1.5

Rythin, the mad warmongerer and Lurken, the semi-peaceful builder in
    "Lurken and Rythin in the land of sand - The wacky Mzab adventures." - it's aaalive....Well...not really. It is quite dead. Undead?
    Minister of Information and Groupies for OT-President rafiki

The plight and return of B'mo'otm - an AAR, like I've never done before - Redux

200k clubCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultEuropa Universalis: Chronicles
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourMagickaRome Gold
    Semper FiVictoria 2Mount & Blade: WarbandWar of the RosesCK2: Holy Knight
    500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Lurken View Post
    I think that this is more fitting

http://www.instantsfun.es/drama
    Yes, that is the one I ment. Althought I chose to write it because it is also OOTS reference
    "'Religious faith. Belief in daemons, belief in spirits, belief in an afterlife and all the other trappings of a preternatural existence, simply existed to make us all more comfortable and content in the face of a measureless cosmos. They were sops, bolsters for the soul, crutches for the intellect, prayers and lucky charms to help us through the darkness. But we have witnessed the cosmos now, my friends. We have passed amongst it. We have learned and understood the fabric of reality. We have seen the stars from behind, and found they have no clockwork mechanisms, no golden chariots carrying them abroad. We have realized there is no need for god, or any gods, and by extension no use any longer for daemons or devils or spirits."

- Primary Iterator Kyril Sindermann

You can just imagine what the Venetians where thinking during this whole endeavor.

"Doge, it appears Ulm, a tiny trading focused republic, wants Military Access."
    "Well, I can't imagine they'll do much with it, but i'd rather not soil relations. Let them have it."
    "...it would appear they're stationing troops in our land."
    "Well, how many could they posssibly have?"
    "Er... quite a lot Doge.."
    "Crikey... that is a lot. Ah well, they wouldn't possibly declare war. They can't take all those stability hits."
    *Few Weeks Later*
    "Doge! Quick! Ulm has declared war!"
    "But, their stability?!?"
    "It's... +3 my liege..."
    "What the... STUPID OPM RULES! I'll be the laughing stock of half of Europe..."

200k clubHoI AnthologyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the Americas
    Deus VultEast India CompanyEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    LegioMagickaEuropa Universalis: RomeSengokuSword of the Stars
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    CK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Sather View Post
    Ulm? Famous things....hm....maybe the church, but else?
    Johann Gambolputty de von Ausfern- schplenden- schlitter- crasscrenbon- fried- digger- dingle- dangle- dongle- dungle- burstein- von- knacker- thrasher- apple- banger- horowitz- ticolensic- grander- knotty- spelltinkle- grandlich- grumblemeyer- spelterwasser- kurstlich- himbleeisen- bahnwagen- gutenabend- bitte- ein- nürnburger- bratwustle- gerspurten- mitz- weimache- luber- hundsfut- gumberaber- shönedanker- kalbsfleisch- mittler- aucher von Hautkopft of Ulm?
    Read my Cuzco MEIOU AAR Children of the Sun! (ongoing)
    AARland Choice AwAARd: EU Gameplay Q1 & Q2 2011, Weekly AAR Showcase 17-10-2010,

Follow Gentlemen in Germany - a Brunswick AAR! (ongoing)

Participating in 1001 Sultans - A Jalayirids Succession AAR (ongoing)

WritAAR of the Week 24-5-2011, Fan of the Week 3-12-2009 & 15-1-2012
    Speed - A Castille (mini-?)AAR (finished)
    Took part in the HT Succession Game (finished)

Leading the Mombotian Horde Lurken's Avatar
    200k clubArsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria 2

At the Temple of Mombot, nailing up 103 boards
    Quote Originally Posted by Malurous View Post
    Johann Gambolputty de von Ausfern- schplenden- schlitter- crasscrenbon- fried- digger- dingle- dangle- dongle- dungle- burstein- von- knacker- thrasher- apple- banger- horowitz- ticolensic- grander- knotty- spelltinkle- grandlich- grumblemeyer- spelterwasser- kurstlich- himbleeisen- bahnwagen- gutenabend- bitte- ein- nürnburger- bratwustle- gerspurten- mitz- weimache- luber- hundsfut- gumberaber- shönedanker- kalbsfleisch- mittler- aucher von Hautkopft of Ulm?
    But Johann Gambolputty de von Ausfern- schplenden- schlitter- crasscrenbon- fried- digger- dingle- dangle- dongle- dungle- burstein- von- knacker- thrasher- apple- banger- horowitz- ticolensic- grander- knotty- spelltinkle- grandlich- grumblemeyer- spelterwasser- kurstlich- himbleeisen- bahnwagen- gutenabend- bitte- ein- nürnburger- bratwustle- gerspurten- mitz- weimache- luber- hundsfut- gumberaber- shönedanker- kalbsfleisch- mittler- aucher von Hautkopft of Ulm was more or less only an artist, no?

And Johann Gambolputty de von Ausfern- schplenden- schlitter- crasscrenbon- fried- digger- dingle- dangle- dongle- dungle- burstein- von- knacker- thrasher- apple- banger- horowitz- ticolensic- grander- knotty- spelltinkle- grandlich- grumblemeyer- spelterwasser- kurstlich- himbleeisen- bahnwagen- gutenabend- bitte- ein- nürnburger- bratwustle- gerspurten- mitz- weimache- luber- hundsfut- gumberaber- shönedanker- kalbsfleisch- mittler- aucher von Hautkopft of Ulm can not in any degree measure to the machivellian mastermind behind the power of Ulm.
    "Godfather of the Superpower games" according to people
    Bought a big case of beer to Pdox
    Proud owner of 3 mouldy Phoenix cookies ●●●
    Pathetic and Brave King of Poland in Battlefront IV - Lords of War
    Shifty Leader of <random/> nation in Diplomacy Universalis 1.5

Rythin, the mad warmongerer and Lurken, the semi-peaceful builder in
    "Lurken and Rythin in the land of sand - The wacky Mzab adventures." - it's aaalive....Well...not really. It is quite dead. Undead?
    Minister of Information and Groupies for OT-President rafiki

The plight and return of B'mo'otm - an AAR, like I've never done before - Redux

200k clubHoI AnthologyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the Americas
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the Arcane

Quote Originally Posted by Lurken View Post
    But Johann Gambolputty de von Ausfern- schplenden- schlitter- crasscrenbon- fried- digger- dingle- dangle- dongle- dungle- burstein- von- knacker- thrasher- apple- banger- horowitz- ticolensic- grander- knotty- spelltinkle- grandlich- grumblemeyer- spelterwasser- kurstlich- himbleeisen- bahnwagen- gutenabend- bitte- ein- nürnburger- bratwustle- gerspurten- mitz- weimache- luber- hundsfut- gumberaber- shönedanker- kalbsfleisch- mittler- aucher von Hautkopft of Ulm was more or less only an artist, no?

And Johann Gambolputty de von Ausfern- schplenden- schlitter- crasscrenbon- fried- digger- dingle- dangle- dongle- dungle- burstein- von- knacker- thrasher- apple- banger- horowitz- ticolensic- grander- knotty- spelltinkle- grandlich- grumblemeyer- spelterwasser- kurstlich- himbleeisen- bahnwagen- gutenabend- bitte- ein- nürnburger- bratwustle- gerspurten- mitz- weimache- luber- hundsfut- gumberaber- shönedanker- kalbsfleisch- mittler- aucher von Hautkopft of Ulm can not in any degree measure to the machivellian mastermind behind the power of Ulm.
    Could be true, but if the question is "What is Ulm famous for, anyway?" then "Johann Gambolputty de von Ausfern- schplenden- schlitter- crasscrenbon- fried- digger- dingle- dangle- dongle- dungle- burstein- von- knacker- thrasher- apple- banger- horowitz- ticolensic- grander- knotty- spelltinkle- grandlich- grumblemeyer- spelterwasser- kurstlich- himbleeisen- bahnwagen- gutenabend- bitte- ein- nürnburger- bratwustle- gerspurten- mitz- weimache- luber- hundsfut- gumberaber- shönedanker- kalbsfleisch- mittler- aucher von Hautkopft of Ulm" is certainly a valid answer.

After all, Johann Gambolputty de von Ausfern- schplenden- schlitter- crasscrenbon- fried- digger- dingle- dangle- dongle- dungle- burstein- von- knacker- thrasher- apple- banger- horowitz- ticolensic- grander- knotty- spelltinkle- grandlich- grumblemeyer- spelterwasser- kurstlich- himbleeisen- bahnwagen- gutenabend- bitte- ein- nürnburger- bratwustle- gerspurten- mitz- weimache- luber- hundsfut- gumberaber- shönedanker- kalbsfleisch- mittler- aucher von Hautkopft of Ulm is famous (though you could make a case against this as Johann Gambolputty de von Ausfern- schplenden- schlitter- crasscrenbon- fried- digger- dingle- dangle- dongle- dungle- burstein- von- knacker- thrasher- apple- banger- horowitz- ticolensic- grander- knotty- spelltinkle- grandlich- grumblemeyer- spelterwasser- kurstlich- himbleeisen- bahnwagen- gutenabend- bitte- ein- nürnburger- bratwustle- gerspurten- mitz- weimache- luber- hundsfut- gumberaber- shönedanker- kalbsfleisch- mittler- aucher von Hautkopft of Ulm is specifically known for not being remembered) and from Ulm.
    AARland Choice AwAARd: EU Gameplay Q1 & Q2 2011, Weekly AAR Showcase 17-10-2010,

Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    Majesty II CollectionSemper FiSword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Please stop this. It's spamming nonsense and not that funny.

200k clubCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultEuropa Universalis: Chronicles
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourMagickaRome Gold
    Semper FiVictoria 2Mount & Blade: WarbandWar of the RosesCK2: Holy Knight
    500k club

When doubt, ask yourself: W.W.J.G.d.v.A.S.C.F.D.D.D.D.D.B.v.K.T.A.B.H.T.G.K. S.G.G.S.K.H.B.G.B.E.N.B.G.M.W.L.H.G.S.K.M.A.v.H.o. U.D.?
    "'Religious faith. Belief in daemons, belief in spirits, belief in an afterlife and all the other trappings of a preternatural existence, simply existed to make us all more comfortable and content in the face of a measureless cosmos. They were sops, bolsters for the soul, crutches for the intellect, prayers and lucky charms to help us through the darkness. But we have witnessed the cosmos now, my friends. We have passed amongst it. We have learned and understood the fabric of reality. We have seen the stars from behind, and found they have no clockwork mechanisms, no golden chariots carrying them abroad. We have realized there is no need for god, or any gods, and by extension no use any longer for daemons or devils or spirits."

- Primary Iterator Kyril Sindermann

200k club500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by telesien View Post
    When doubt, ask yourself: W.W.J.G.d.v.A.S.C.F.D.D.D.D.D.B.v.K.T.A.B.H.T.G.K. S.G.G.S.K.H.B.G.B.E.N.B.G.M.W.L.H.G.S.K.M.A.v.H.o. U.D.?
    What does the very last D stand for then?
    Follow the development of Cifrasia Cataclysm! Mod for Darkest Hour!

I'm a proud bearer of The Fourth Cookie for Services to Syndicalism
    and The Grand Service to the Kaiserreich Mod Cookie *

Quote Originally Posted by Sather View Post
    Please stop this. It's spamming nonsense and not that funny.
    I strongly disagree with the "not funny" part. Though you may be onto something with "nonsense". Those aren't the only reader jokes in this generally lighthearted thread (tends to come with the territory with comedy AARs) and they're on topic (Ulm) to boot. Not my idea of spam.

Quote Originally Posted by telesien View Post
    Awesome!

EDIT: Vaximillian: do

Blog Entries
    I strongly disagree with the "not funny" part. Though you may be onto something with "nonsense". Those aren't the only reader jokes in this generally lighthearted thread (tends to come with the territory with comedy AARs) and they're on topic (Ulm) to boot. Not my idea of spam.
    Indeed.
    EDIT: Vaximillian: do
    /me slaps mah fore'ead
    stoopid me!

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsSemper FiSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

And what does the whole sentence mean?

Blog Entries
    What would J.G.d.v.A.S.C.F.D.D.D.D.D.B.v.K.T.A.B.H.T.G.K.S.G. G.S.K.H.B.G.B.E.N.B.G.M.W.L.H.G.S.K.M.A.v.H.o.U. do?

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsSemper FiSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Oh, right.

/Slaps my forehad as well

Quote Originally Posted by Vaximillian View Post
    What would J.G.d.v.A.S.C.F.D.D.D.D.D.B.v.K.T.A.B.H.T.G.K.S.G. G.S.K.H.B.G.B.E.N.B.G.M.W.L.H.G.S.K.M.A.v.H.o.U. do?
    Probably change his name to Fred.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Victoria: RevolutionsSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

You sir, are a comedic genius! Every update leaves me incapacitated by fits of laughter (Not to mention the fact that even your inkwell post made my sides hurt).
    Sir Robert, OLIR, Sovereign of the Order of the Large and Intimidating Robert
    Knights of the Order: TemplarComander, loki100, Enewald, Chris Taylor, Nathan Madien, Svip, Slan, (Mr.) Capiatlist, LeCare, Redandwhite, ThunderHawk3
    Ever wanted to become President? Now you have the chance in The Presidents: 1836 - 1936 - An Interactive US AAR!
    Current President: Richard A. Jarvis (R)
    Current V-President: William Gallatin (R)

Joseph Henry Harrison (1903 - 19??), General, US Army, ret.
    My Inkwell

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneIron CrossEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiVictoria 2Pride of Nations500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries

For the people who doesn't get it
    CAMPEONES LIGA ESPAÑOLA 2014
    Mi blog... de todo un poco

200k clubCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteFor The GloryHeir to the ThroneMajesty II Collection
    Naval War: Arctic CircleSword of the StarsMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Blog Entries
    Brilliant AAR. Ulm seems to be more cold and calculating in the later updates.
    All hail Richard XI, King of the Mod, Grand Duke of Simcity 4, and Tsar of All the Awesomes - The_Shepherd

For The Glory

I apologise for the lack of updates, so here is one!

Oh woop.

Closed Thread
Page 11 of 110 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 36 61 86 ... LastLast