Table of contents
Notice: This AAR has ended, but you can still enjoy the parts that exist.
Use this site if any of the comics aren't working in this thread.
- Chapter 1 (just below this post you)
- Chapter 2: Upholding grudges
- Chapter 3: The master plan
- Chapter 4: What else is going on? I
- Chapter 5: The Ulm awakening
- Chapter 6: Subjugate thy neighbour
- Chapter 7: Our first real fight
- Chapter 8: Cracks in the paint
- Chapter 9: What else is going on? II
- Chapter 10: A successful failure
- Chapter 11: How to take on Venice
- Chapter 12: A friendship denied
- Chapter 13: What else is going on? III
- Chapter 14: Splitting the swag OR How I learnt to stop worrying and love Venice
- Chapter 15: Kicking Bohemian butts
- Chapter 16: The Greek question OR Eρώτημα
- Chapter 17: Another Greek question
- Chapter 18: Those wacky Austrians
- Chapter 19: What else is going on?
- Chapter 20: If you tolerate this, then your Ragusa will be next
- Chapter 21: What about Ferrara?
- Chapter 22: Let's talk about money, baby
- Chapter 23: End of a Palatinate
- Chapter 24: The war with Burgundy: Part I: One against many
- Chapter 25: The war with Burgundy: Part II: The war spreads out
- Chapter 26: The war with Burgundy: Part III: Ferrara
- Chapter 27: The war with Burgundy: Part IV: End of
- Chapter 28: What else is going on? V
- Chapter 29: The infamy is too damn high
- Chapter 30: Two things in life are certain: Venice and taxes
- Chapter 31: Boring management!
- Chapter 32: What else is going on? VI
- Chapter 33: A truer faith?
- Chapter 34: Not everyone has seen the light (financial benefits)
- Chapter 35: Sitting on an Ottoman: Part I: Opening moves
- Chapter 36: Sitting on an Ottoman: Part II: Strait into Turkey
- Chapter 37: War of the kicking of Milan's ass: Part I: Wherein Milan makes its greatest mistake
- Chapter 38: War of the kicking of Milan's ass: Part II: Wherein Milan gets its ass handed to itself
- Chapter 39: Sitting on an Ottoman: Part III: Sitting hard
- Chapter 40: What else is going on? VII
- Chapter 41: Vox populi
- Chapter 42: Sic Transylvania gloria mundi: Part I: Biting our time
- Chapter 43: Sic Transylvania gloria mundi: Part II: Biting on light grey
- Chapter 44: Sic Transylvania gloria mundi: Part III: Salt my Bosnia
- Chapter 45: What else is going on? VIII
- Chapter 46: Real development
- Chapter 47: Upgrades!
- Chapter 48: Actual real development
- Chapter 49: Crummy times
- Chapter 50: Loopy times
- Chapter 51: What else is going on? IX: Special edition
- Chapter 52: Man on a mission
- Chapter 53: Why are there seven letters in 'nouveau'?
- Chapter 54: The hangover
- Chapter 55: Anyway...
- Chapter 56: World Update: Episode 1
- Chatper 57: I was gone?
- Chapter 58: Sore loser
- Chapter 59: It's Greatly to His Credit
- Chapter 60: Getting back into it
- Chapter 61: Preparing for war(s)
- Chapter 62: Wars!
- Chapter 63: Wars over yet?
- Chapter 64: Cause I like you Yeah I like you
- Chapter 65: Siena
The press wrote:
"Terrible." (0 out of 5 stars)
- Robert Ebert
"The most offensive thing since Episode III." (4 out of 5 stars)
- Mr Plinkett
"I threw a little up in my mouth." (2 out of 5 stars)
- Pelle fra Ungdomshuset
First, a bit of introduction. I have been reading AARs for a decent while - often lurking, though - and always wanted to write an AAR myself. But given the amount of forms of writing, the roleplaying, from the plain simple dump of screenshots to the sophisticate storybuilding and even modifying the game to fit the storytelling. Some serious, some comical.
So where does that allow me to be creative? Well, then it came to me in a dream! I doubt anyone has done an AAR as a comic! And given my success with the Flagland comics, I think such an AAR could easily be a success.
Now, you may start to wonder; 'why Ulm?' And to the critics, I say, 'why not?!' Ulm have become far more powerful in DW due to it become an administrative republic (Frankfurt share this nature, btw), which gives a +10% to trade eff, which means quick bucks.
The goal of this AAR is to build an Ulmite/Ulmish/Ulmian empire of vassals through the usage of spies.
But without further ado, here is Part 1 of the AAR.