• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Vluggejapie

Corporal
10 Badges
Nov 3, 2009
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Victoria 2
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • 500k Club
Hey guys,
as a beginning player i find it difficult to judge the effect of infamy.
As far as i know, infamy in vic2 has a relative small effect on conciousness. At least, thats what the tooltip tells me. If i add a wargoal to take a state from another country, it gives me 10 infamy, wich leads to a nationwide increase of 0.01 conciousness. Thats not very punishing, am i right?

Also, i read in the manual that it affects my relationship with other nations. while typing this, i am assuming the tooltip on the current relationship with any other nation will tell me the effect of my infamy on that relationship.

So my question is: Am i right when i think Infamy is not as punishing as it is in EU3?

What do you guys consider acceptable levels of Infamy? Currently, i tend to stay under 10, and rarely get it near 20. Is 30 points a good maximum to consider? what are your thoughts on this matter?

Infamy is alughable when you compare it with EU III infamy. In vicky 2 is just a line you can´t go beyond (or, more properly speaking, you shouldn´t go beyond except if you are extremely powerful). As long as you don´t go beyond, there are no bad consequences at all. Very different from EU III.

25 is the limit on normal difficulty, not sure on the easier or harder ones. As soon as you go over that, even 0.1 over you'll get wardecs rolling in.