• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
LHyJNCf.jpg

So yeah, I sunk the HMS Perkele lol

View attachment 81384

So yeah, I sunk the HMS Perkele lol

"Hänen majesteettinsa laivaa" - HML would be a more correct acronym. I don't approve of unrealistic ship names like Perkele though, even if it can be humorous. Some people do actually play Finland on occasion, and may find this immersion-breaking (me for example).

"Hänen majesteettinsa laivaa" - HML would be a more correct acronym. I don't approve of unrealistic ship names like Perkele though, even if it can be humorous. Some people do actually play Finland on occasion, and may find this immersion-breaking (me for example).

Buzz_Killington.jpg

While it was common for Finns to name ships after mythological heroes, it would have been a bit weird to give them names of pagan gods (refer to Ylijumala, which means "supreme god", meaning Ukko the god of the sky), especially one that these days is a cuss word (Perrrrrrkele!).

What's the meaning of that word? Because it's not the first time i hear it. For instance in this song of the spanish band siniestro total, they sing about former F1 pilot Keke Rosberg and they use the word Perkele some times:

[video=youtube;AMFZSqsZTxc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMFZSqsZTxc[/video]

What's the meaning of that word? Because it's not the first time i hear it. For instance in this song of the spanish band siniestro total, they sing about former F1 pilot Keke Rosberg and they use the word Perkele some times:

[video=youtube;AMFZSqsZTxc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMFZSqsZTxc[/video]

It's a swear word meaning the devil. But before christianity it was alternative name for "Ukko", a pagan god.

Im present for you my greater GDR with workersraum.KR mod,im await when France defeat second reich
SU-puppet
Fin-puppet
Rom-puppet
Bul-puppet
Kyr-puppet
And im leave alliance with fra and eng by events
View attachment 82213

workersraum? what mod is that? i've never seen this in the forum for KR

That is what she names it herself I guess. She is still playing Kaiserreich as far as I can see.

I play for GDR when they get independent from Red France (1940)

nazi fan cant win without cheats?
Lol man, what's wrong with you? I made that for a new story at my AAR. As far as I know, there wasn't any Alien AAR's before. I wanted to be different. -_-"

Lol, nice. But why did Hungary get entire Transylvania?
Because they betrayed us in august 23 1944. :)
Why a traitor country would get more land than a loyal country like Hungary?
Even If I'm Romanian, I had to be in the mind of a German in that AAR. :)