• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I think we shouldn't make that large assumptions about 'horrible Soviet AI' or unrealistic Finnish front from sole sceenshot. The same goes for any country--German AI sometimes beats the USSR quite easily, while sometimes they miserably fail. You could easily get wrong impression about the Eastern front (which DH handles very well, much better than the original HoI2) if you had just one screenie of some extreme situation.

Besides, the Soviet weakness during the Winter War was more on the tactical than on the strategical level.

4g6yix.jpg

Ottoman AI goes to Himalaya :cool:

That old HoI 2 map hurts my eyes.

There will be another, final, update with the old map. Then Mod1914 will change its shape into the new map. Promise!

For sure, he needed a new supply source :)

The Ottomans managed to conquer Buthan too and also almost all of India, before being encircled and destroyed by the Brits.

Sorry if this has been asked/answered before, but how do you take a screen shot in Darkest Hour? I am running a Macbook Pro in Windows 7, so I don't have a "print screen" button.

View attachment 65116

a Hands off game, untill the end anyway, my Switz army is holding off the Russians ;)

edit: yes im using cheats, but the i had to stop the Russians or else Germany would fall D:

edit 2: where you see the lines collide is where the war of attrition is located.

edit 3: sorry for picture size, not the best at posting these on forums xD

Last edited:
De Gaulle really has got the gall to do what he is doing!

airpirate said:
Well De Gaulle is from Gaul so of course he has gall...

14aigermanywon.jpg

Hands off game as Nepal. AI Germany just knocked France out of the war in the WW1 scenario.

My favourite game just got even better.

A funny thing that Switzerland attacked France a few days after Germany did. In two years they got overrun and annexed by Italy.