• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
In my version Germany in WW1 uses the flag that you posted.

You did a good job with the Nazi one, but I personally still prefer the current one. Whilst its not historical, I really do like complex flags.

I think you may be right, but it is in fact the counters (and possibly flags) that have the war flag, which is still silly because Germany has a navy which uses a different flag.

Ah. I dont use counters unfortunatley, that would explain our different flags.

Double standard rules, it used to work for HoI2 but moderators of DH dont like it apparently.

LordFinnish said:
It's not allowed any more? Back in the day, which I'm sure you remember, all you had to do is ask for historical flags and you got them - provided it's a link, not direct IMG tag.

Custom flags have always been allowed, but the Nazi swastika (and some other symbols I believe) and their Church of Happyology camps have always been taboo.

Custom flags have always been allowed, but the Nazi swastika (and some other symbols I believe) and their Church of Happyology camps have always been taboo.
Nope. 'Link only' nazi tolerance was the informal rule.

Anyway you still can request flags and pics with the swastika and receive the finished result via PM.

Ah. I dont use counters unfortunatley, that would explain our different flags.

I'll try to get my hands on the HOI2 counter and present it to the devs :]

Nope. 'Link only' nazi tolerance was the informal rule.

Anyway you still can request flags and pics with the swastika and receive the finished result via PM.

Taboo as in not shown. We're discussing it right now.

Not in Spain. :D

Not paying attention to Asia... I learned my lesson.

chinap.png

For the first time in months I literally lost multiple divisions due to an encirclement, since I didn't notice my Chinese ally surrendering.

11t9beu.png

Check out my 115 division + 11 HQ Barbarossa. The Romanians and Hungarians you're also seeing only stood there and did f*** all, but so far it's working pretty well for me.

Of course, the lacking quantity is compensated by quality - my divisions are well fed, well led, fully reinforced, German (duh), all at most once obsolete, and with up to date doctrines.

The fact that at one point I was able to do a bombing run of 19 bomber units (10 tac and 9 cas iirc) on one province does help a LOT. RL Allies, I see your thousand bomber runs and raise you my (almost) FIVE thousand bomber run! Shame that I lost the pic, but it's true. I have even more bombers now.

Note that I'm assuming 250 aircraft per unit, to make a 4-unit STR raid an even thousand bomber raid.

Otherwise, the Germans produced over 35,000 aircraft in 1944, equating to 350 air units for an 100 aircraft interpretation (and reinforcements cost close to the initial build for a unit in my personal mod).

Even if Germany is doing well, building 350 air units in one year is a stretch at least, though not wholly impossible. Building 88 air units in 1 year is bad enough, you need to do some IC runs in the early game to get there and not return N. France to the Vichy Government like I did; for my slimmed-down Germany it's more or less impossible, even though I'm looking at some hefty IC boni in 1942, primarily due to Albert Speer, but I'll have to kill a lot of dissent.

Also, for those among us who have problems with the AI not committing to strong amphibious landings, I give you the 15 division attempt by the British to break into Scandinavia:
10fqsyw.png

Not paying attention to Asia... I learned my lesson.

chinap.png

For the first time in months I literally lost multiple divisions due to an encirclement, since I didn't notice my Chinese ally surrendering.

Is that Fengtian Republic? o.o

haha-4.png

Germany at war with Germany? ROFL

jajha.png

Non-Mitteleuropa Europe!