• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
*sorry, double post*

I decided to kick up a game as Belgium in 1914 to see if I could stem the German tide. At first, Germany doesn't declare war on me, and then this happens:

scaled.php

The two Stalin's one form the future and on from the past :eek:hmy:

So now the Frech has given their cloning technology to Soviet. Again, what strategical brilliance by the French...

*sorry, double post*

I decided to kick up a game as Belgium in 1914 to see if I could stem the German tide. At first, Germany doesn't declare war on me, and then this happens:

scaled.php

In DH, AI Germany has 4 choices how to attack France:

-Historical Schlieffen-Plan
-Extended Schlieffen-Plan (Includes the Netherlands)
-Directly attack France (no neutral countries will be invaded)
-Attack through Switzerland

Indeed, it's just that this is the first time I've ever seen the AI implement the Switzerland offensive option.

Likewise, isn't that more dangerous though MP wise going through mountains? Although what are the odds of Britain jumping in?

In the few WWI games I've played, Britain won't join the war as long as Belgium isn't invaded.

Going through Switzerland isnt really a good choice for Germany. It lengthens their front, allows the allies to build up strength in Italy better. Not to mention that Switzerland is a tough nut to crack.

Going through Switzerland isnt really a good choice for Germany. It lengthens their front, allows the allies to build up strength in Italy better. Not to mention that Switzerland is a tough nut to crack.

Thats why they chose Belgium IRL.

Move along there's nothing to see here
portygal.png

At first I thought Russia somehow survived, I was wrong. Playing as the Danubian Federation and watching Germany and Soviet Russia going at it.

EDIT: By the time you read this Brazil on the Baltic is no more :(

Last edited:
In my Great Britain game in the Hegemonia Mod, I started WW2 (Commune vs League of Democracies & Holy Roman Empire). I successfully secured Paris, Normandy, and Brittany, dividing the rest of France with Germany and Iberia. The Lombard League left the HRE and joined the League.

Also, during the Pre-War years, I embarked on a massive naval building program to rearm and expand all of my separate fleets (the Far East Fleet (Port Arthur), the North Sea Fleet (Scapa Flow), the Channel Fleet (once Portsmouth, now Cherbourg), and the Atlantic/temporarily Mediterranean Fleet (initially Gibraltar, then Genoa, now Naples)). The created-from-scratch Med. Fleet, headed by the carrier HMS Illustrious, has scored it's fair share of victories against the Commune navies:

darkesthour201112270211.png

darkesthour201112270211.png

(Fail cutoff on the second picture, but I was just too anxious about how awesome this ship is :D)

From about 1943 to mid 1946.

EDIT: Just took out two more ships, the battleships Consul and Proletarian.

Last edited:
wtf-5.png

Haha? xD

Annoying.jpg

Not very awesome. Just an enormous, idiotic and annoying fail by Germany. I was doing very well as Austria-Hungary annexing Serbia and Montenegro and the Ottomans were pushing through in Africa, then the Germans just get themselves stupidly encircled in the East and West and let this happen, ruining my game in the process.

The war went on for about another year, I successfully defeated Italy and Romania then started pushing the Russians back. The French pushed even further and penetrated Austria, I pushed them back, then the British landed in the Balkans and I just rage quit then...pointless.