• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Bombers are optional... the starting airforce of Germany in 1941 scenario sucks - I only used them in the very beginning of the campaign. Later I just sit them in Poland while my land troops creating a pocket after another...

the starting force of Germany in 1941 scenario is ridiculously strong, an insane amount of tank divisions (brigaded) and motorized infantry, you can't really lose with that force set-up. The punching force of such an army is even stronger than an army that I built from the 1936 scenario...

By "trying to lose" is that I really want to get pushed back to Berlin after like 1944 ... that would make a great AAR. Fight to the last man, last boy, last whatever.

Oh, 1941 scenario. My mistake. I did notice that they have a huge and mostly (wholly?) up to date army that is quite impossible to achieve even in my mod, let alone vanilla.

you could try starting up as the Germans - you'll find that the Soviets are low on org (and regenerates very slowly) and thus very easy to overrun, you won the first battles and the rest are just moving because they simply can't regenerate org fast enough.

This might seem impossible or madness, but I think this was a naval landing somehow. Not sure how this happened, but it knocked Italy out of the war :sad:. Also notice how the front is very very far away and having an army this large break into Rome is pretty tough in itself.

ScreenSave14.jpg

Also, behold the expansion of the Maginot line to Dunkirk. I've never seen the French attempt this and I don't know if this is some event in the new beta patch. I noticed this in my Japan game. I was pretty dissapointed with Germany's poor performance (Berlin was captured by a landing party from Wilhelmshaven).

ScreenSave17.jpg

So yeah, kudos to the DH team keeping WWII interesting and unpredictable :blink:

December 10, 1951

WW2's been going on since March 1939.

Canadian Navy is destroying the Japanese Navy :D

DarkestHour2011-10-1514-23-28-46_e.jpg

And HMCS Magnificent (sister ship):

DarkestHour2011-10-1514-25-55-04_e.jpg

Over the course of about 4 or 5 years.

It's not just you, those are some terrible stats on the Japanese carriers, esp. Kaga.

New migration period?

And where did Yunnan take the Finnish shores because none of those coastline provinces have a beach.

I didn't pay a lot of attention to Asia but this is what happened:
Japan went to war with the Qing Empire, the Fengtien take over the Qing Empire with Japanese blessing. Then there was a war involving at least Russia which led to the Fengtien becoming a Russian puppet and Yunnan in alliance with Russia, who I assume were an ally of the Fengtien puppet of Russia. Then the Kaiserreich version of the Winter War broke out between Russia and Finland. And while Russia was gaining ground, Yunnan made a peace treaty for the entire Russian alliance taking most territories the Russians had fought for.

=) While I as Germany stayed out of all these conflicts.

20111019143525.jpg

Kaiserreich, Russia promised to protect Germany in case of war against France. Under German alliance and blessed by their blueprints I have taken over most of Eastern Europe (Austria is a puppet of Russia, but Germany took Bohemia). And now from German-controlled northern France I launched a succesful invasion of the British Union. I'm happy :)

Russian Commander - "We come in peace Britons! We bring vodka and many turnips!"
British Commander - "They don't have any urine tasting lager! GET THEM!!!"

Oh. What I do as Russia is stay unaligned, invading all the other independent countries near me, then invade Germany when France attacks. Wokrs best with concerted intel campaign against France, so that I can steal most of Germany when they aren't looking.

Also, two things:

1) Rokossovsky is wasted on a PAR div. Giv him some armour to play with
2) What are Brazilians doing in Antwerpen?