• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
A common issue with this game. Once the initial narrative is over, it's dead. Kaiserreich will always have this problem because of the local conflicts.

At the least the base game can whittle the 3 alliances down to one victor through events without too much hassle.
I agree. The game really lacks long term incentive to continue play beyond the initial 10-15 years. I have only ever played one game to 1963 in the 7 years (real life) since I got Armageddon when as the Qing where I decided to turn my country into the Middle Kingdom with Asia and the Pacific as my tributaries (puppets). I also managed to max out the manpower pool for the first and only time thus far.

Here is the closest I can get to that, in 1957 just before my invasion of central Asia as the later saves give me ctds when I try to load them,:
u1uGhuv.png

That's impressive. The thing is, nobody can stop you now...which is pretty bad. Only a human player has a hope, which is why I recommend multiplayer.

For another solo game though, I'd say Japan is one of the best nations to play as. Adds a naval element and makes conflict more diverse.

That's impressive. The thing is, nobody can stop you now...which is pretty bad. Only a human player has a hope, which is why I recommend multiplayer.

For another solo game though, I'd say Japan is one of the best nations to play as. Adds a naval element and makes conflict more diverse.
Actually, if I got into a war with Russia we each have roughly even troops on the border and due to the awfulness of their infrastructure (my side is all at 100) it would probably bog down into a quagmire that makes Afghanistan look tame.

Never had that issue with them myself. It takes a while but it's doable...Russia is always behind with its tech and a lot of the troops will be sub standard.

My philosophy is to continue until my advances no longer seem plausible. Or at least that's what I'm going to do if I ever get to my AAR...

yk1UEko.png

Can anyone guess why Com. China is doing poorly?

Nope. The Chinese communists got their capital cut off from the rest of the nation. It was trapped in Central China, which meant the rest of the nation was out of supplies. Chiang did do this by himself, and afterwards he joined NATO, only to get assassinated by the Russians. Nat. China is just as interesting as Com. China.

0vDUajI.png

Well... half of those are dead and one is me so yeah. I tried to declare war on myself and surprisingly nothing happened.

7CgnsS6.png

Oh yeah.

CjJak7D.png

This one was just weird. My face was like :eek:hmy:

Nope. The Chinese communists got their capital cut off from the rest of the nation. It was trapped in Central China, which meant the rest of the nation was out of supplies. Chiang did do this by himself, and afterwards he joined NATO, only to get assassinated by the Russians. Nat. China is just as interesting as Com. China.

Dang it. I never thought Nat. China (NWO2 I assume) would ever be able to win the civil war by itself.
I was 50 shades of wrong.

0vDUajI.png

Well... half of those are dead and one is me so yeah. I tried to declare war on myself and surprisingly nothing happened.
Funny. I used the 'atwar = no" part specifically to avoid the event triggering for the aggressor. Back to the drawing table.
The 'DOW dead nations' is my fault though. Thats what happens when you edit a faulty event w/o testing it in several scenarios. Maybe a single action to DOW all offenders would make more sense. I'll think about it.

CjJak7D.png

This one was just weird. My face was like :eek:hmy:
Successful Darien tribes? Not so unusual. Darien tribes annexing NROM? That's new. Almost on the same level that FUSA actually fighting back, which happened in my last test run.

EDIT: BTW, What version are you using? It has been a while since I removed Wastelands as random generator for the X-files chain.
EDIT2: It seems from before the migration to the last version of mumia map. You will have a CTD as soon as someone develops powered scouts (not correctly defined back then), or if you try to see the image of the improved infantry (wrong deep).

Last edited:
EDIT: BTW, What version are you using? It has been a while since I removed Wastelands as random generator for the X-files chain.
EDIT2: It seems from before the migration to the last version of mumia map. You will have a CTD as soon as someone develops powered scouts (not correctly defined back then), or if you try to see the image of the improved infantry (wrong deep).
These were taken on the 20th and 21st of October, I just was looking through my screenshots and thought them amusing, deciding to share them.

What I think has caused the event to fire was the fact that I blitzed Redding in about a week which meant that I was at peace at this point until the Enclave did their DoW.

I was really pulling for the forces of anti-Syndicalism, but Germany decided it was a good idea to attack the Bolsheviks. Apparently mucking around in Russia is more important to them than defending their homeland. Who could have thought?

Untitled.png

Add in the USA pushing the CSA into the West, not even the Midwest, and still getting it's arse beaten. Despite having Atlanta surrounded at one point, it was the CSA pushing east that eventually annexed the Unionists. My long term survival as La Plata is looking dicey. I can only hope that the CSA doesn't intervene.

A common issue with this game. Once the initial narrative is over, it's dead. Kaiserreich will always have this problem because of the local conflicts.

At the least the base game can whittle the 3 alliances down to one victor through events without too much hassle.

Kaiserreich honestly has too many individual civil wars and local conflicts. There're too many things that can happen to build a broader narrative supported by events.

ie:
what will happen in the USA?
what will happen in India?
what will happen in Spain?
what will happen in Russia?
what will happen in Austria-Hungary?

It's an interesting world but there're just too many civil wars and too many points of divergence to ever code realistic behavior or alliances for the AI.
It's one thing to have a main narrative with a bunch of possible divergences, but there are just too many, and too many choices. It'd be better suited to the clausewitz engine, if not HOI3 then maybe HOI4, as it really needs an engine and AI that's geared more toward playing a sandbox game. Also it'd be easier to handle a lot of events as well.
The HOI2 engine is too focused on railroading, and while you can build in choices and divergences it gets really complex having to code for every eventuality.

If you get the right conditions, the West will abandon Ukraine to you as well!
Only its the Germans who have the final say this time :D Wait...