+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

Thread: The Dark Years — Help

tuore,

thx for the info. Will sure try this mod of yours.

BTW, there is an unofficial patch/fix for 4.3b. Will TDY work with it?

Rgds, Oldtimer
    KNOWLEDGE RESULTS IN PREJUDICE

Quote Originally Posted by OLDTIMER View Post
    Hi all,

I`m coming back to EUIII after a long absence and I`d like to test this but wonder if:

- army sizes/force limits are like vanilla, i e my OPM neighbours will field 40k cav armies after 3 months from start and

- if I`ll have to wage constant endless wars.

The above "features" made me abandon vanilla for good and any mods in the same style.
    Magna Mundi was the way to go for me.
    It indeed must have been a long absence, since that doesn't resemble HTTT euIII at all.

In any case, the mod is closer to MM in that respect.

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneThe Kings CrusadeLost Empire - ImmortalsMagickaMarch of the Eagles
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

But atm it doesn't work with the newest patch, I'm working on compatibility.
    1914-1964 - the Ultimate Strategy Game

tuore,

thx for this info. I`ll just wait till you΄re done then.

Rgds, Oldtimer
    KNOWLEDGE RESULTS IN PREJUDICE

On a related note, I find that nearly every time Portugal gets independence, due to game mechanics it is Islamic. An event for conversion to Catholicism would be appropriate.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    March of the EaglesVictoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband

Does this mod work with steam?

Alright, so I just got HTTT the other day off steam, and I've been watching this mod for a while so I decided to install it. And it doesn't work... I remember when I installed the Rising Nations mod for EU3 complete (which I bought off steam also) I some how got it to work. But now I can't get this mod to work. It crashes during the first loading screen, Even after I type -mod The Dark Years into the properties tab.

By the way, I have a vista, not sure if that is the problem. Anyway, thanks for any help, I really want to play this mod.

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneThe Kings CrusadeLost Empire - ImmortalsMagickaMarch of the Eagles
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Unfortunately TDY doesn't work with the 4.1 official patch. You would have to use the 4.1 april beta patch. That means that currently the mod can't be played with Steam. Don't worry, I'm converting the mod to Divine Wind, and when it's released on Steam, I should be progressing nicely with the conversion.
    1914-1964 - the Ultimate Strategy Game

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    March of the EaglesVictoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband

Oh, can I still get the april beta patch somewhere? Thanks.

edit: Oh that patch is for the game, never mind. Guess I'll wait eagerly for Divine wind on steam.
    Last edited by Svyatoslav I; 31-12-2010 at 02:21.

Second Lieutenant
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2

Just to confirm, there won't ever be a way of getting The Dark Years to work for HTTT through Steam without buying Divine Wind? That is unfortunate, it looked quite interesting. Maybe if I end up with DW some time in the future I'll look into TDY again.

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteHeir to the Throne
    MagickaVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Mount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I was tired of the same 'ol period and had moved instead back to Medieval II: Total War.
    wow, good one, I have the same story , awesome game btw.
    My AARs: Inkwell, my AARs are near the bottom of the page, the 4th last on page 11

"....You might have a very minor case of serious brain damage...."

Wheatly from portal 2

Which Version

Hey guys sorry if this is asked somehow. Looked for a bit, but I am sick, so might have missed it. I found 2 different places to download the mod. One says it requires HTTT beta patch, the other doesn't say anything. WHich is the most updated one and what version of EU3 do I need?

Thanks in advance everyone

Elven Legacy CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    Majesty II Collection

TDY 1.02 and HTTT April beta patch. Might work with the November patch. Download it and try.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10