Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What is Paradox Connect?

Lightbulb What is Paradox Connect?

Paradox Connect is a project to gather all Paradox Interactive's online activities in one place: http://www.paradoxconnect.com

Paradox Connect contains:
    • Play online games on www.paradoxconnect.com
    • Play to unlock Achievements in games.
    • Earn Paradox Points (and bragging rights) for each achievement that you unlock.
    • Compare your ranking against other gamers on the Highscore list.
    • The Paradox Connect Widget lets you show off your games and achievements on the forum or your own website.
    • Use the Friends List to stay in touch with your gamer friends.
    • Communicate with other gamers on the Paradox Forum.
    • Share game information on Facebook and Twitter.
    • With the virtual currency Paradox Ducats, you can purchase downloadable content and in-game items.
    • Use one and the same Paradox Gamer ID to log on to Paradox Connect and the Paradox Forum.
    Everything has sprung from the Paradox Forum community, so you will keep the same login, friends and games lists.

It's a huge project, and we will be rolling out features gradually. Hope you like it, and please comment!

Tom.
    Project Lead, Paradox Connect

A Game of DwarvesHoI AnthologyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneLead and Gold
    Majesty 2Penumbra - Black PlagueEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    500k clubWarlock 2: The Exiled

Do I need to do anything to make my games registered here on the forum to turn up on Connect? Or is it only the games that have achievements etc yet that will show up there?
    - If I could I would also register EU1, EU2, HoI1, CK, CK Complete Pack, Vic, Vic Complete Pack and Chariots of War -

Quote Originally Posted by Tolroth View Post
    Do I need to do anything to make my games registered here on the forum to turn up on Connect? Or is it only the games that have achievements etc yet that will show up there?
    that´s right, only games with achievements (and dreamlords)

200k clubCities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus Vult
    East India Company CollectionDivine WindFor The GloryHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    Lead and GoldThe Kings CrusadeMagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsSword of the StarsVictoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    EUIV: Call to arms eventEuropa Universalis IVWar of the Vikings

So when do i get a reward for being on the second place?

P.S: Where can i see those thingies called "Paradox Ducats"? Is it "Paradox Currency"?
    "If a man does not strike first, he will be the first struck" - Athenogoras of Syracuse
    "Force is the most effective and efficient means to do something and the virtuous prince will employ its leverage." - Machiavelli
    "Men should either be treated generously or destroyed, because they take revenge for slight injures - for heavy ones they cannot" - Machiavelli
    "It is best to be both feared and loved, however, if one cannot be both it is better to be feared than loved." - Machiavelli
    "A prince must be a lion, but he must also know how to play the fox." - Machiavelli
    "I'm the lord of lords, not the server of servants." - João II of Portugal

Arsenal of DemocracyCommander: Conquest of the AmericasElven Legacy CollectionEU3 CompleteFor The Glory
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMagickaMajesty 2Victoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiVictoria 2Rome: Vae Victis

You can buy paradox ducats here: https://connect.paradoxplaza.com/userpage/credit

But I would suggest waiting a few weeks, there have been many issues with them so far, many not receiving the right amount of ducats, some getting flagged by their own bank company etc
    *wiggles* AWWWWWWWW yeeeahhh I'm dowwnnn with the shiznits man, just ask mr popo what I'm on, *squeeks*

First moderator of the Dreamlords Paradox forums, in-game moderator of Dreamlords:Resurrection

Live by the sword, die by ours.- TCW

Quote Originally Posted by Tolroth View Post
    Right now it is as Darth Tracid says: only games with achievements. However, we are working on combining this list with the icons that you have underneath your Forum avatar.

F-CEO of EUIV:MEIOU and Taxes gigau's Avatar
    83 games registered

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus VultDiplomacyEuropa Universalis 3
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    Iron CrossMagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengokuSupreme Ruler 2020
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesHearts of Iron: The Card GamePride of NationsRise of Prussia
    CK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms eventWar of the VikingsEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Roaming zombishly... looking for icooooonsssss !
    Blog Entries
    It'd be nice if big mod games could earn some achievement points
    Europa Universalis III : MEIOU --- MEIOU Subforum in english | MEIOU on Twitter | MEIOU on Facebook | MEIOU Online Manual
    If you have zero infamy, then you're wasting everybody's forgiveness. - Zzzzz...

Europa Universalis IV
    MEIOU and Taxes - It falls on to me to rule the entire world,... and don't forget to bring me my taxes ! - Download >>> HERE <<<

M&T Subforum | M&T en Français | M&T on Facebook | M&T Wiki | M&T Report Tickets
    Yes, I should have realised by now that when asking EOOQE, you don't ask if something is possible. You have to ask how - jrgen3
    Ainsi Je Frappe - the level 1 unit sprite revamp.
    Discussion thread | Vanilla version on Workshop | DLC version on Workshop | M&T version on Workshop | M&T and DLC version on Workshop
    Awarded the SAS Award for Forum Dedication
    Vice-Zombiemaster of the Icon Zombie Club !

Crusader Kings IIDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Are "Paradox Ducats" like the Gamersgate "Blue Coins", but only available from Paradox' own game download site?
    "Nature always obeys her own laws"
    - Leonardo da Vinci

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMarch of the Eagles
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis

Will the newer Paradox Titels with the Clausewitz Engines all get their own Paradox Connect? (Vic2, HoI3 etc?)

Quote Originally Posted by steveh11 View Post
    Are "Paradox Ducats" like the Gamersgate "Blue Coins", but only available from Paradox' own game download site?
    Those are (so far) only used to purchase Tribute, an in-game currency in Dreamlords.
    I suppose once other online games are added to Paradox Connect in the future, they will use Paradox Ducats as well
    They however do not have any connection to Gamersgate that i know of or can discern.

Quote Originally Posted by FabiusBile View Post
    Will the newer Paradox Titels with the Clausewitz Engines all get their own Paradox Connect? (Vic2, HoI3 etc?)
    they won´t get "their own" in that all the games are in the same Paradox Connect (currently Dreamlords and Eu3: Divine Winds), but it has been said that some of the newer games in the Paradox Universe (self-developed and published titles) could have Achievements added in the future via patch or in expansions.

I dont know if this is the right place to repôrt it but forum users on ignore list are on friend list at Paradox Connect... lol

Quote Originally Posted by VivianneLaFolle View Post
    I dont know if this is the right place to repôrt it but forum users on ignore list are on friend list at Paradox Connect... lol
    And you think, it should be vice versa, right? Cause that kind of happens to my RL-friends when i play PI-games... :P

Recruit
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne

I registered Divine Wind here in the forums but it refuses to show up on my connect page.....

Quote Originally Posted by gigau View Post
    It'd be nice if big mod games could earn some achievement points
    Good idea! But then we would list the mod as a separate game, to avoid confusion with achievements taken in the original game.

Quote Originally Posted by dangertom69 View Post
    I registered Divine Wind here in the forums but it refuses to show up on my connect page.....
    We're working to fix this, short term solution is to take an achievement in Divine Wind and the game should pop up.

Quote Originally Posted by VivianneLaFolle View Post
    I dont know if this is the right place to report it but forum users on ignore list are on friend list at Paradox Connect...
    Ouch! Thanks for spotting that one.

Quote Originally Posted by FabiusBile View Post
    There has not been any decision yet to add achievements and other Paradox Connect features into Victoria II and Hearts of Iron III etc, but it's technically feasible. The Divine Wind expansion for Europa Universalis III added achievements to the original EUIII game campaign as well.

Quote Originally Posted by steveh11 View Post
    Yes, similar in concept, but Ducats would be available in Paradox' titles (almost) wherever you buy them.

Quote Originally Posted by tomsoderlund View Post
    There has not been any decision yet to add achievements and other Paradox Connect features into Victoria II and Hearts of Iron III etc, but it's technically feasible. The Divine Wind expansion for Europa Universalis III added achievements to the original EUIII game campaign as well.
    Are there any plans to move either future titles or existing titles via expansion to have multiplayer onto Paradox Connect? Currently the legacy system used for Vic2, HoI3, and Eu3 is somewhat lacking in multiplayer stability and function.

Guys,
    I have just bought EU III with Divine Wind from Steam and everything was going just fine until I registered on Paradox Connect. From that moment the game became unplayable! My processor is running at 100% the fan is running flat out and the lag is so bad as to make the game unplayable. I know I don't have a great internet connection but there is nothing I can do about that. So is it because of Paradox Connect........ I don't know but I don't play on-line, I am not interested in "awards" or achievements and all I want to do is play my game. So how can I uninstall Paradox Connect to at least see if that is my problem?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast