+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: [ADD-ON] The Roman flavor

what if the roman empire when conquers rome tries to unite the 2 churches .

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDiplomacyDungeonland
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    MagickaVictoria: RevolutionsSengokuThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    War of the Roses500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I like the idea above. It would be interesting.

10+ Years on the Forum Demi Moderator SAS's Avatar
    84 games registered

200k clubHoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIDiplomacyFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourMarch of the EaglesRome Gold
    Semper FiSengokuCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventWar of the VikingsMagicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
    Warlock 2: The ExiledEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bill2505 View Post
    what if the roman empire when conquers rome tries to unite the 2 churches .
    Love it!
    - March of the Eagles mod: The Gods

- When I speak in Cyan its as a Demi-Moderator. Please review the following links: FAQ / Forum Rules / General Usage

There is still a unique roman start bookmark right? Is there a way to power the byzantines to a point where they get a blessing of god modifier and are able to fight off the ottomans who don't get one or something?

84 games registered

Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourMarch of the EaglesRome Gold
    Semper FiSengokuCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventWar of the VikingsMagicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
    Warlock 2: The ExiledEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhangku View Post
    There is still a unique roman start bookmark right? Is there a way to power the byzantines to a point where they get a blessing of god modifier and are able to fight off the ottomans who don't get one or something?
    When I wanna cheat with my Romans I start a game then edit the save to get my ruler and sliders in the spots I like best.

- When I speak in Cyan its as a Demi-Moderator. Please review the following links: FAQ / Forum Rules / General Usage

Actually good point about the bookmark . Meiou could use that game start to add modifiers to the romans that wont be available to the 1399 start

The 1356 start is as good as a cheat start; it is very easy to fend off the Ottomans there, and you can see the results of that in the "Post your MEIOU empires" thread.

Quote Originally Posted by YF-23 View Post
    The 1356 start is as good as a cheat start; it is very easy to fend off the Ottomans there, and you can see the results of that in the "Post your MEIOU empires" thread.
    Yea exactly, you /start/ with like 140% discipline and 3* morale and better units/tech group.

Plus all the cores = quick expansion.

The only thing that will make playing the Romans literally impossible (unless you keep reloading until the Ottomans pick on somebody else on day 1) is if the naval battles get shorter.

But even then just have them start with say 6-8 units instead of 2 as the remaining true believers or however you want to say it and you should be able to hang onto 1-2 provinces long enough to push back the siege from Constantinople since it lasts forever.

Where is the download?

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2
    500k club

I was wondering the same thing...

I like the idea, i happen to be one of the Byzantophiles myself, and restoring the Roman Empire is always one of my goals for not only Byzantium, but many other nations in Italy. Keep up the good work.
    I would rather be called an American than a United States Citizen.

What is the ETA for this mod being ready for DW?

84 games registered

Blog Entries
    Indeed any download ready soon?

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Semper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I would really like to try this out.

There is one suggestion that I have, do not give cores away for free for the Byzantines on the whole Roman empire. Rather I would give them a conquest casus belli since as I understand a core territory that is a territory that has you countries institutions and so forth. That is one of the things that I like about MEIOU, longer coring.

I read it in a book somewhere that after Justinian recovered North Africa from the Visigoths it took a generation (30-40) years for the those lands to readapt into the Roman Empire. All of the Roman institutions were gone, people's willingness to pay tax was gone and so forth. And those lands had only been a few decades under visigoth rule, not half a millennium.

If we want to accurately model this, then we are better off keeping the coring as it is (in my view anyway )

Quote Originally Posted by iskallinn View Post
    I would really like to try this out.

There is one suggestion that I have, do not give cores away for free for the Byzantines on the whole Roman empire. Rather I would give them a conquest casus belli since as I understand a core territory that is a territory that has you countries institutions and so forth. That is one of the things that I like about MEIOU, longer coring.

I read it in a book somewhere that after Justinian recovered North Africa from the Visigoths it took a generation (30-40) years for the those lands to readapt into the Roman Empire. All of the Roman institutions were gone, people's willingness to pay tax was gone and so forth. And those lands had only been a few decades under visigoth rule, not half a millennium.

If we want to accurately model this, then we are better off keeping the coring as it is (in my view anyway )
    40 years is very fast coring for MEIOU. Some sort of special roman event could be made if you want to. At least for specific empire area's.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Semper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I think it should be kept as it is, the Romans have cores on areas that were recently under their control in 1356 and I think giving them cores on areas that had not been under their control for a long time (hundreds of years) would be a bit unrealistic.

Maybe for parts of Anatolia and the Balkans the coring should be a bit faster but I am by no means an expert on Byzantine history.

Another flavor idea is to maybe have events for comissioning repairs on buildings in Constantinople that had fallen into disrepair by the 14th century. Restore the great palace (and get a Great Palace building) at some cost?

I don't think it takes much to check the post dates and that trajanus161's last activity on the Paradox forums in general was 10 days ago to figure out that this add-on is, in fact, very very dead.

His last post in the MEIOU section was in May. Abandon all hope, ye who enter here.

I've never understood why people start something and then give up. Isn't there some sort of obligation that you take upon yourself to at least finish what you have started or to pass off the work to someone else or to at least post that it is dead? Just lazy.

To be fair, I don't think there was ever a line of code written for this. At least it didn't end in hard drive failure, like many AARs, right?

Also I think this mod's ideas were fundamentally bad. Becoming the HRE? Hahahahahahahahah.

Also people are hilarious when they have "Rome" reforming and giving cores to all the Roman territory at it's height. At most it should give cores to Rome and none else.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast