Balance Improvement Mod for EU3 Divine Wind 5.1
...because we all hate no brainers!
This mod also includes all features from the DW hotfix mod.
REMEMBER THAT USING A MOD WILL DISABLE ACHIEVEMENTS!
Version 2.5b: http://www.gamefront.com/files/21402...t+Mod+2.5b.rar
How to install:
Unpack the downloaded file in your EU3/mods folder, select the mod via the launcher.
- Some smaller fixes & tweaks.
- Fixed a problem that would prevent the "total_war" modifier from disappearing once the situation was resolved.
- Badboy/Infamy: Increased diplomats penalty from BB to 0.1 (up from 0.05), added -0.05 officials penalty (new) and -0.001 prestige penalty (new).
- Prestige: Added 0.25 officials (new), increased prestige decay to 5% per year (up from 3%).
- Reduced diplomat gain from monarch DIP to 0.2 (down from 0.3).
- Added 0.15 spies per ruler DIP.
- Increased global_spy_defence from ruler DIP to 0.02 (up from 0.01).
- Increased revolt risk from regency council to 3 (up from 1), but reduced legitimacy penalty to -0.005 (down from -0.01).
- Reduced effect of tolerance and intolerance for missionary conversion to 0.002 (down from 0.003).
- Increased the bonus from the "resist_the_horde" modifier a bit.
- Reduced trade efficiency penalty for placed merchants to -0.005 (down from -0.01), but increased merchants penalty to 0.2 (up from 0.1) and added a 0.02 merchant_cost penalty (new).
- Colonel: Increased global_manpower bonus to 0.02 (up from 0.01).
- Quartermaster: Reduced reinforce_speed to 0.04 (down from 0.05).
- Inquisitor: Reduced global_spy_defence to 0.03 (down from 0.04).
- Ambassador: Increased badboy_limit to 1.0 (up from 0.5).
- Centralization vs. Decentralization: Added a -0.001 legitimacy penalty for centalized and increased max_war_exhaustion to 1.0 (up from 0.5).
- Aristocracy vs. Plutocracy: Reduced diplomats for aristocracy to 0.4 (down from 0.6), reduced spies for plutocracy to 0.2 (down from 0.4) and increased merchants from plutocracy to 0.4 (up from 0.2).
- Serfdom vs. Freesubjects: Reduced global_spy_defence to 0.01 (down from 0.02), reduced stability_cost_modifier to 0.04 (down from 0.05) and reduced infantry_cost to 0.05 (down from 0.06).
- Innovative vs. Narrowminded: Reduced stability_cost_modifier to 0.04 (down from 0.05) and reduced technology_cost to 0.02 (down from 0.03).
- Mercantilism vs Freetrade: Reduced global_spy_defence to -0.03 (down from -0.05), moved made trade_efficiency = 0.02 from right specific to generic, removed merchant_compete_chance modifiers for both sides, reduced production_efficiency for mercantilism to 0.01 (down from 0.02), reduced modifier_province_owner_trade_chance for free trade to -0.05 (down from -0.06) and added -0.06 merchant_cost (new).
- Imperialism: Reduced prestige_factor to 1.0 (down from 1.5) and increased peace_cost_factor to 1.0 (up from 0.75).
- Excommunication: Increased peace_cost_factor to 1.0 (up from 0.75).
- Border Friction: Increased badboy_factor to 0.75 (up from 0.5).
- Tribal Feud: Increased badboy_factor to 0.5 (up from 0.25).
- Spy Agency: Reduced local_spy_defence to 0.1 (down from 0.15), increased stability_cost to -2.5 (up from -2.0).
- College: Reduced local_spy_defence to 0.05 (down from 0.1), but added 0.05 spies in return (new).
- Cathedral: Reduced local_spy_defence to 0.05.
- Shipyard: Added 0.05 local_production_efficiency (new).
- Counting House: Reduced local_production_efficiency to 0.2 (down from 0.25).
- Trade Depot: Increased local_tax_modifier to 0.05 (up from 0.025).
- Canal: Increased local_movement_speed to 0.2 (up from 0.1).
- Road Network: Increased local_movement_speed to 0.2 (up from 0.1).
- Post Office: Added 0.05 merchants (new).
- Customs House: Reduced trade_efficiency to 0.005 (down from 0.01), but added 2 trade_income (new), 0.5 local_tax_modifier (new) and 0.05 merchants (new).
- Glorious Monument: Reduced cultural_tradition to 0.005 (down from 0.01), but added -0.01 war_exhaustion (new).
- Naval Glory: Increased prestige_from_naval to 2.0 (up from 1.0).
- Improved Foraging: Reduced land_attrition to -0.25 (down from -0.33).
- Vetting: Reduced global_spy_defence to 0.1 (down from 0.2), but increased spy_efficiency to 0.1 (up from 0.05).
- Bureaucracy: Added 0.05 global_spy_defence (new), but reduced government_tech_cost_modifier to -0.05 (down to -0.1).
- Bill Of Rights: Increased legitimacy to 0.005 (up from 0.003).
- Church Attendance Duty: Reduced tolerance_own to 0.5 (down from 1.0).
- Patron Of Art: Reduced cultural_tradition to 0.025 (down from 0.03).
- Humanist Tolerance: Reduced stability_cost_modifier to -0.1 (down from -0.15).
- Revolution And Counterrevolution: Increased legitimacy to 0.003 (up from 0.0025).
- Scientific Revolution: Reduced technology_cost to -0.075 (down from -0.1), but added -0.25 advisor_cost modifier (new).
- National Bank: Reduced inflation_reduction to 0.05 (down from 0.1), but increased interest to -0.05 (up from -0.03) and added a -0.05 build_cost modifier (new).
- Moved some slider requirements from "potential" to "allow" to make decisions and their requirements visible for the player.
- Added "the_royal_academy_of_turku" decision for FIN, SWE and SCA.
- Added "the_hussite_movement" decision for BOH.
- Expand The Bureaucracy and Formalization Of Measures are now country decisions instead of province decisions, removed national focus requirement.
- School Establishment Act: Reduced innovative_narrowminded requirement to <0 (down from <-2) and now grants innovative_narrowminded = -1 when issued.
- Swiss Mountain Warfare: Fixed missing country modifier restriction that allowed to enact the decision multiple times.
- Expand The Bureaucracy: Now requires at most 0 centralization OR bureaucracy NI.
- AI Steppe Nomads will now reform their government in 1550.
- AI Tribal Governments will now reform their government in 1650.
- Reduced cultural_tradition for many modifiers.
- Made some additional balance tweaks.
- Added 0.1 land_maintenance_modifier to "prussian_military_reforms"
- MTTH for "Local Fortification" events is now increased by number of cities, but these events will also trigger when the owner has Engineer Corps - even if Offensive vs. Defensive is lower than +1.
- Reworked missionaries and conversion: Reduced convert chance significantly and increased missionary maintenance cost to 12 (up from 10), but decreased missionary placement cost by 50%. In addition, tolerance will now decrease conversation chance a bit, while intolerance will increase it a bit. All in all conversation will now require much more time and money.
- Reworked colonial range: Increased range from naval tech levels around 1500, but reduced bonus from QFTNW. In addition trade winds are stronger (0.75 instead of 0.5), a "supply_route_new_world" modifier has been added and Land vs. Naval will now influence colonial range. All in all colonial range should be a bit higher for potential colonial powers during the early game and for everyone during the mid and late game.
- Reworked merchants: Countries will no longer receive a penalty from negative stability and lower penalty from being at war, but reduced overall number of merchants, e.g. from monopolies and event modifiers.
- Reworked defensiveness: Reduced overall defensiveness gain (march, capital city, Engineer Corps, etc.).
- Reduced colonial maintenance to 12 (down from 20), but increased colonist cost to 50 (up from 20).
- City population: Will now grant a small manpower and tax boost.
- COT: Reduced pop growth to 0.005 per level (down from 0.01).
- war_exhaustion: Reduced global revolt risk to 0.5 (down from 0.8), but incrased defensiveness penalty to 0.02 (up from 0.01).
- Sphere: Each country in your Sphere of Influence now reduces number of diplomats by -0.25.
- Reduced minimum duration for emergency measures to 6 (down from 12).
- Steppe Hordes will now start with tech level 2 (and thus no longer field artillery from the beginning). Moved nomad INF model to match new tech level and decreased tech cost penalty a bit.
- Fixed "cav_to_inf_ratio" for all tech groups (added 0.01, so western with "cav_to_inf_ratio = 0.51" may now use 50% CAV).
- Steppe Horde CAV now has 3 maneuver.
- Added a lvl 2 fort to Rome.
- Offensive vs. Defensive: Reduced defensiveness bonus to 0.03 (down from 0.05).
- Land vs Naval: Added 0.05 colonial range modifier (new).
- Added an invisible "PvE_War" modifier (no effect, used for AI_War).
- Added an invisible "AI_War" modifier which grants the AI -0.03 war_exhaustion during an AI vs. AI war.
- Reduced the legitimacy penalty for all "inept_ruler" modifiers to -0.01 (down from -0.0125).
- rise_of_an_empire: Added a 0.2 land_forcelimit_modifier bonus (new).
- fractured_government: Fixed some errors and reduced personal penalties to -0.5 (down from 1.0), but will now also trigger for rulers that have no stat above 4 (new).
- ai_colony_bonus: Has been deactivated.
- Added a "decline_of_the_hordes" and "fall_of_the_hordes" modifier that will bestow heavy penalties to steppe nomads after 1425 and 1500 (new).
- Added "good_ruler", "great_ruler" and "fantastic_ruler" modifiers. These will trigger if the current ruler has all three stats above 6 / 7 / 8 and grant a neat bonus.
- Added a "supply_route_new_world" modifier that grants 0.1 colonial range as long as either The Azores, Cap Verde or The Bahamas are discovered and empty or owned by a friendly nation (relation 125+ or alliance).
- Land Of Opportunity: Now requires naval tech 7 and year 1492, but allows recruitment of explorers and cinquistadores.
- Naval Provisioning: Now allows recruitment of explorers and cinquistadores.
- Engineer Corps: Reduced defensiveness bonus to 0.15 (down from 0.20).
- QFTNW: Reduced colonial range bonus to 0.25 (down from 0.5).
- Ecumenism: Added 0.005 cultural tradition bonus (new).
- Church Attendance Duty: Added 0.005 missionary chance (new).
- Divine Supremacy: Added 0.01 missionary chance (new).
- Humanist Tolerance: Added 0.005 cultural tradition bonus (new).
- Revoltion And Counterrevoltion: Now grans -2 maximum war exhaustion (new).
- Nerfed Steppe Nomads. Again. Nasty buggers. Die already.
- Fine Arts Academy: Reduced cultural tradition bonus to 0.002 (down from 0.005).
- March: Reduced defensiveness to 0.1 (down from 0.15).
- promote_national_unity: The AI will now promote national unity if it has less than 10% max BB.
- enlist_privateers: Does no longer requires a privateer.
- steppe_horde_reform: Requirements are less strict.
- Removed duplicate "dispers_the_rebel" entries from construction.txt.
- Fixed some errors within civilwar.txt and totalwar.txt. The king will still commit suicide, however. Pity.
- Fixed some minor event errors in MoreRandomEvents.txt.
- Balanced many modifiers to make legitimacy a bit more stable.
- Increased the effect on land moral to 0.25 (up from 0.125) and increased max BB limit to +2.5 (up from +0.125).
- Increased max_war_exhaustion from ruler MIL to -0.25 (up from -0.2).
- Reduced range bonus from navigator to 0.03 (down from 0.05).
- Reduced base number of merchants to 1.0 (down from 2.0).
- Reduced tax bonus from cities to 0.75 (down from 1.0).
- Reduced base tolerance for heretics and heathens to -3 (down from -2), but added tolerance for ruler_DIP.
- Increased the effects of tolerance and intolerance.
- Added -0.5 global_tariffs penalty (new) and added +0.5 global_tariffs bonus to naval_maintenance (new).
- Added -0.02 missionary_placement_chance.
- Increased time for core loss to 100 years (up from 50).
- Increased economic impact of blockades.
- Doubled the penalties for placed merchants.
- One Province Minors may now always negotiate with rebels, as long as they are at peace.
- Each active loan will now apply a -0.002 prestige and -0.001 legitimacy penalty.
- Innovative vs. Narrowminded: "build_cost = 0.01" will now affect both directions.
- Innovative vs. Narrowminded: Exchanged "global_spy_defence" with "tolerance_own = 0.2".
- Mercantilism vs. Free Trade: Increased "trade_range_modifier" to 0.05 (up from 0.04).
- Quality vs. Quantity: Increased "global_manpower_modifier" to 0.03 (up from 0.025).
- Increased late game land_maintance cost modifiers.
- Balanced_policies now grants +2 force_limit and +10% force_limit (up from +0.1 force limit).
- Added "war_with = TIM" to the "resist_the_horde".
- Rise_of_an_empire will now trigger if it is before 1450 and TUR owns Thrace, or if it is after 1450 and TUR does NOT own Thrace. Increased bonus a bit.
- Made "ai_colony_bonus" visible fot the player and extended duration to 1700.
- Naval Provisioning: Increased "naval_morale" bonus to 0.75 (up from 0.5).
- Grand Army: Reduced "land_maintenance_modifier" to 0.1 (down from 0.15).
- Battlefield Commissions: Reduced "land_maintenance_modifier" to 0.1 (down from 0.15).
- Regimental System: Reduced "land_maintenance_modifier" to 0.2 (down from 0.25).
- Merchant Adventures: Now grants +1 merchants (up from +0.5).
- Colonial Ventures: Added -0.1 colonist cost (new).
- QFTNW: Added -0.1 colonist cost (new).
- Improved Foraging: Reduced "land_maintenance_modifier" to 0.2 (down from 0.25).
- National Trade Policy: Added +0.05 "global_trade_income_modifier" (new).
- Reduced papal_influence for all NIs except Unam Sanctam to 0.03 (down from 0.05).
- Reduced missionary chance for Theocracy and Papal Government to 0.025 (down from 0.05).
- Reduced laind maintenance bonus and landforce limit bonus for hordes to 0.25 (down from 0.5).
- Decreased "local_missionary_placement_chance" for all forts to 0.002 (down from 0.004).
- Hire Privateers no longer requires naval NIs.
- Fixed some broken country decisions (Papal State, Ireland).
- Added several new country decisions to circumvent endless rebel sieges against OPM.
- Fixed several minor event errors.
- Moved "tolerance_heretic" and "tolerance_heathen" from legimimacy to "ruler_DIP".
- Removed "tolerance_own".
- Increased effect on global_manpower_modifier to 0.2 (up from 0.1).
- Now grants prestige, as well as land and naval morale.
- Now provides 0.3 tolerance for heretics and heathens per DIP star.
- Court Marshall: Reduced prestige to 0.001 (down from 0.002) and legitimacy to 0.003 (down from 0.004).
- Reduced missionary_chance for many religious decision effects.
- Added "resist_the_horde" and "rise_of_an_empire" for TUR to support the (AI) Ottomans during the early game.
- Added an "extreme_policies" modifier that will penalize -5 / +5 slider settings when stability, prestige or legitimacy is low.
- Added a "fractured_government" modifier that will trigger if the government is performing poorly.
- Added the "little_ice_age" modifier that causes severe unrest in Europe from 1630-1670, 1750-1790 and 1830-1870.
- Now compatible and adjusted for DW 5.1!
- Several small bugfixes.
- Added increased land maintenance system, akin to increased naval maintenance from patch.
- Grand Army: Decreased landforce_limit to 0.25 (down from 0.33), but added -0.15 land_maintenance modifier (new).
- Battlefield Commissions: Added -0.15 land_maintenance modifier (new).
- Improved Foraging: Added -0.25 land_maintenance modifier (new).
- Grand Navy: Decreased navalfore_limit to 0.33 (down from 0.5), but added -0.25 naval_maintenance modifier (new).
- Excellent Shipwrights: Added -0.15 naval_maintenance modifier (new).
- Deactivated the bi-annual event system from patch 5.1.
- Completely reworked forts: Increased garrison size to 2000 per fort level, removed fort lvl from cities, reworked all defence buildings, made high tier forts available much earlier and reduced most defensiveness modifiers.
- Completely reworked prestige: Reduced prestige decay to -3% (from -5%), increased defensiveness from presitge to 0.15 (up from 0.1) and reworked all prestige modifiers.
- Completely reworked governments: Balanced many modifiers to give more choises and adjusted tech levels to make late game governments available a bit earlier.
- War taxes have been turned into "Emergency Measures": These might be necessary to save your country during war - but they come at a price!
- Bankrupty: Now also reduces discipline by -0.15 and number of all men for the court (diplomats, spies, etc) by -2.
- Reduced tax penalty for intolerance to -0.0075 (down from -0.01).
- Monopolies now cause 0.02 BB.
- Increased overall supply limit a bit (larger effect for the early game).
- Increased land and naval morale by 1.0
- War exhaustion: Reduced RR to 0.8 (down from 1.0), but increased morale penalty to 0.04 (up from 0.025).
- Added a -50% base MP modifier and added a +50% MP modifier to army upkeep slider.
- Reduced ART cost to 24 (down from 30).
- Inept Ruler: Reduced legitimacy penalty to -0.0125 (down from -0.015).
- Reduced max_BB to 3 (down from 5) and RR to 5 (down from 6).
- Positive stability now provides 0.0015 legitimacy (up from 0.001).
- Negative stability now provides -0.007 legitimacy (up from -0.008).
- Ruler ADM now provides 0.001 cultural tradition.
- Ruler DIP now provides -0.02 spy cost (new), 0.02 spy efficiency (up from 0.01), 0.01 spy defence (new) and 0.001 prestige (instead of prestige decay bonus).
- Ruler MIL now provides 0.02 defensiveness.
- NI slot 9, 10, 11 and 12 are now available a bit earlier.
- The AI is now allowed to pick QFTNW before 1492 (solves some severe colonisation issues).
- Moved all tier 8 ideas from tech level 54 ideas to tech level 39 (1725).
- Naval Provisioning: Added a +0.5 naval morale bonus (new).
- Improved Foraging: Removed -25% colonist cost, but added 0.1 defensiveness and 0.1 oversea income.
- Espionage: Improved spy_efficiency to 0.1 (up from 0.05).
- Vetting: Increased number of spies to 0.5 (up from 0.33), but reduced spy_efficiency to 0.05 (down from 0.1).
- Cabinet: Added 0.25 spies (new).
- Land <-> Naval: Reduced naval leader maneuver bonus to 0.3 (down from 0.5).
- Offensive <-> Defensive: Reduced defensiveness impact to 0.04 (down from 0.05) and increased offensive land attrition bonus to 0.04 (from 0.02).
- Reworked fort lvl and defensiveness for all forts.
- Fort 3 now requires LT 18 (1530), fort 4 LT 22 (1565), fort 5 LT 27 (1625) and fort 6 LT 34 (1700).
- Fort lvl 3 & 4 now add +1 max_attrition each, lvl 5 & 6 add +2 max_attrition each (new).
- Decreased missionary chance to 0.004 per fort level.
- Level 5 & 6 fort now provide +0.05 spy defence (new).
- Military Engineer: Now provides 0.04 defensiveness (down from 0.05).
- Court Marshall: Reduced prestige to 0.002 (down from 0.003) and legitimacy to 0.004 (down from 0.005).
- Revisited many event modifiers.
- Renaissance Philosophy: Increased tech cost reduction to -0.05 (up from -0.01).
- Gold Standard: Decreased inflation reduction to -0.02 (down from -0.04).
- Russian Patriachy: Reduced max_WE to -3 (down from -5), but added a -0.02 WE modifier (new).
- Peace now grants 0.25 officials (up from 0.2).
- Penalties for non accepted cultures are now more severe and have a wider range.
- Increased heir spawn ratio by roughly 10%.
- Reduced mercenary cost to 0.33 (down from 0.5) and reduced upkeep cost to 2.0 (down from 3.0).
- Reduced the prestige loss from uncontested claims to 0.002 (down from 0.003).
- Reworked tooltips for several NIs to explain hidden benefits and granted CB.
- Cabinet: Now provides +1 DIP skill (new).
- Glorious Arms: Now provides -25% mercenary cost (new).
- Vice Roys: Reduced tariffs to 0.25 (down from 0.33) and reduced global_trade_income to 0.05 (from 0.1).
- Smithian Economics: Reduced production bonus to 0.1 (down from 0.2), but added 0.25 officials (new) and 0.05% compete chance (new).
- Revolution And Counterrevolution: Added 0.002 legitimacy (new).
- Scientific Revolution: Now grants -5% build_cost (new).
- Engineer Corps: Fixed the associated events - now allows construction of additional forts, as intended.
- Land Of Opportunity: Added +0.05 oversea income.
- Land <-> Naval: Added 0.001 tradition modifier to the associated slider side and added a general +0.5 naval leader maneuver modifier.
- Serfdom <-> Free Subject: Reduced spy_defence modifier to 0.03 (down from 0.04).
- Innovative <-> Narrowminded: Increased max_warexhaustion to -0.4 (up from -0.3).
- Mercantilism <-> Free Trade: Removed merchant_cost modifier, increased spy_defence modifier to -0.05 (from -0.04).
- Promote Cultural Unity: Now requires less than 25% max BB, 4 officials, can only be used on core provinces and will produce 3 BB.
- Fixed insane amount of prestige loss from religious_revoke decisions.
- Fixed several typos in other decisions.
- Reduced MTTH for all slider and NI events to 2500 (down from 5000) and increased effect of war to 0.5 (down from 0.95).
- A Formal Request: The AI will be even less cooperative towards the emperor.
- Added 3 new epic options to event 5060 (comet sightet).
- Completly reworked advisors: Every advisor now provides a second modifier. *cheers at Anthracer in reminiscence of the Advisor Mod.*
- Fort 5: Reduced defensiveness to 0.2 (down from 0.25).
- Fort 6: Reduced defensiveness to 0.2 (down from 0.5), but added +1 fort level (new).
- March: Reduced defensiveness to 0.25 (down from 0.5).
- Increased number of officials for republican_dictatorship quite a bit.
- Seperation of power no longer grants additional officials.
- War now has greater impact on good production and demand.
- Reduced quality impact on fur price a bit.
- Trade refusals and agreements now reduce TE only by -0.02 (down from -0.05), but also cause 0.02 BB and -5 trade tech investment.
- Support Revolt: Now bestows +1 min RR and has a slightly increased chance to spawn 2 weights of rebels.
- Reduced mercenary_cost reduction for most modifiers a little bit.
- Reduced defensiveness bonus for most modifiers.
- Great Wall Repair: Increased defensiveness modifier to 0.25 (up from 0.1).
- Capitals now provide 0.2 defensiveness.
- Number of HRE states now increases emperor DIP value by 0.04 per state.
- Veterans Home: Reduced land_tradition to 0.002 (down from 0.005), but increased local_manpower to 0.25 (up from 0.2).
- Ewiger Landfriede: Reduced land_tradition penalty to -0.01 (up from -0.02) and increased stability effect to +/-0.15 (up from +/-0.1).
- Erbkaisertum: Added -0.05 BB reduction for members and +0.1 BB increase for the emperor.
- Revoke The Privilegia: Now reduced member DIP skill by -1 (new), provides +0.005 prestige for the emperor (new), added +/-0.03 BB reduction for members/emperor.
- The Staple Port: Increased local_trade_income bonus to 0.5 (up from 0.25).
- Penal Colony: Increased colony growth to 3.0 (up from 0.1), added 0.1 local_production efficiency and increased RR to 3 (up from 2).
- Defender Of Faith: Reduced WE bonus to -0.02 (down from -0.025) and exchanged production and trade tech cost increase with a flat +10% tech cost modifier.
- Reduced Shiite and Shinto land_morale bonus to 0.33 (down from 0.5).
- Reduced BB reduction from cardinals to -0.05 (down from -0.1).
- Added a special Player vs. Player modifier.
- Warscore cost for provinces will now reduce after 2 years of occupation (down from 5).
- Reduced BB limit to 20 (down from 25).
- Decreased the effect of legitimacy to 5 (down from 10).
- Base National Focus movement cooldown is now 10 years (down from 20).
- Civil wars will now trigger less often, esp. when at war.
- Good ruler and high stab now also increase Civil War MTTH.
- Rebalanced most CB.
- Defection CB: Now lasts 3 years (up from 1).
- Cancelled Loan CB: Now lasts 2 years (up from 1).
- Discovered Spy CB: Removed revoke core discount.
- Guarantee CB: Removed revoke core discount.
- Warning CB: Removed revoke core discount.
- Trade League CB: Now lasts 3 years (up from 1).
- Insult CB: Now lasts 3 years (up from 1), removed revoke core discount.
- Alliance CB: Removed revoke core discount.
- Sphere CB: Now lasts 3 years (up from 2).
- Fabricate Claims CB: Now only grants 50% prestige (from 100%).
- HRE Religious CB: Now lasts 5 years (from 2).
- Border Friction CB: No longer provides a peace_cost bonus.
- Nationalism CB: No longer provides a peace_cost bonus.
- Imperialism CB: Reduced BB bonus to 0.75 (from 0.5), but increased prestige gain to 1.5 (from 1.0).
- Revolution CB: Reduced BB bonus to 0.5 (from 0.25), but increased prestige gain to 2.0 (from 1.0).
- Liberation CB: Will now also be triggered by Liberté, Egalité, Fraternité NI.
- Holy War CB: Will now also trigger for theocracies.
- Religious Liberation CB: Will now also trigger for theocracies.
- Heresy CB: Decreased BB bonus to 0.75 (from 0.5).
- Excommunication CB: Decreased BB bonus to 0.75 (from 0.25), but increased prestige gain to 1.5 (from 1.25) and reduced peace_cost to 0.75 (from 1.0).
- Trade War CB: Removed revoke core discount.
- Imperial Ban CB: Increased BB to 0.25 (from 0.1).
- Throne Claim CB: Increased BB to 0.2 (from 0.1).
- Alliance CB: Reduced Prestige gain to 1.0 (from 2.0) and increased peace_cost to 1.0 (from 0.5).
- Annul Treaty: No longer provides prestige.
- Concede Defeat: Increased prestige gain/loss to 10 (up from 5).
- Release Nation: Now provides 2 prestige per province (up from 1).
- Demand Gold: Doubled warscore requirement.
- Nerfed SCO bonus quite a bit.
- Western arms trade now provides +10 LT investment (up from 6).
- Added a hre_elector modifier that provides a small prestige and legitimacy boost.
- Added a strong_western_influences modifier for all tech groups below muslim, providing an additional tech bonus at mediocre stab cost increase.
- Added beta3 features.
- Fixed some typos.
- Cities now provide +1 fort level.
- Added new early game ART model: Medieval Artillery (requires land tech 3).
- Increased early game ART fire values a bit.
- Increased defensive stats for most early game ART.
- Moved Bronze Mortar from LT 12 (1495) to LT 9 (1465).
- Added +2 fire to Galoop CAV.
- Ruler MIL does no longer affect tradition decay, added 0.001 tradition gain instead.
- Reduced leader tradition cost to 0.15 (from 0.2).
- Increased the shock bonus for horde units in plains to 1.2 (from 1.1).
- Reduced the national defence bonus during defensive wars to -3 RR (from -5).
- Increased minimum trade value to create a COT to 500 (from 400).
- Reduced treshold to destroy a COT to 250 (from 300).
- Increased RR for wrong culture provinces to +2 (from +1) for monarchies and to +1 (from +0.5) for republics.
- Increased stab cost for wrong culture provinces to 15 (from 10).
- Land vs. Naval: Decreased global MP effect to -0.03 (from -0.05) per step.
- Aristocracy vs. Plutocracy: ship_cost modifier is no longer right-sided, increased the effect to -0.02 (from -0.01) per step.
- Buildings below level 5 will no longer be destroyed after conquest.
- Moved fort2 from LT 16 (1508) to LT 14 (1498).
- Decreased defensiveness bonus for fort5 to 25% (from 50%).
- Decreased defensiveness bonus for march to 50% (from 66%).
- Reduced Steppe Horde LF limit bonus to 0.5 (from 1.0).
- Decreased maintance cost for nomades to 25% (from 75%).
- Revoking a religious decision now only causes -4 stab, but also reduces prestige by 20.
- Squashed yet some more bugs.
- Reduced colonists from catholic and reformed to 0.5 (from 1.0) and reduced colonists from protestant and orthodox to 0.25 (from 0.5).
- Reworked all trade goods benefits - they now grant several small ones instead of a single big one.
- Increased officials from ruler ADM to 0.1 per star (from 0.05).
- Losing the capital has now negative effects on magistrates and war exhaustion.
- Reworked Civil War: Will now spawn nobles instead of pretenders when supporting the opposition, and a winning monarch will no longer kill himself.
- Excellent Shipwrights: Added -15% ship build time (new).
- Superior Seamenship: Added -15% big ship cost (new).
- Grand Navy: Reduced NF limit modifiers to 5 (from 6) and 50% (from 66%), but added a -10% maintance modifier (new).
- Naval provisioning: Now grants +100% naval and trade range (new).
- Grant Army: Added -15% INF cost (new).
- Land Of Opportunity: Added -15% colonist cost (new).
- Colonial Ventures: Now grants +5% colonist chance (new).
- Shrewed commercial practice: Now grants +0.25 spies (new) and -10% spy cost (new).
- Bill Of Rights: Increased legitimacy to 0.003 (from 0.002).
- QFTNW: Added +0.5 colonists (new). Can no longer be picked before 1492 (new).
- Viceroys: Added +10% global trade income (new) and 0.25 magistrates (new).
- Improved Foraging: Reduced reinforce speed to 0.1 (from 0.2), but added -25% colonist cost (new).
- Scientific Revolution: Added 0.01 culutral tradition (new).
- Bureaucracy: Increased GOV tech cost reduction to -7.5% (from -5%).
- National bank: Added -3% interest reduction (new).
- Cabinet: Added 0.25 magistrates (new).
- Smithian Economics: Added +10% global trade income (new).
- Church Attendence Duty: Added +1 tolerance for own faith (new).
- Patron Of Arts: Now reduces advisor cost by 33% (new).
- Reworked advisor spawn ratio: NI and sliders have stronger influence, higher overall spawn ratio.
- Tier 1 and 2 buildings will no longer be removed after conquest.
- University now provides 0.05 magistrates instead of culutral tradition.
- Changed magistrate demand for buildings:
Tier 5 now requires 2.
Tier 6 now requires 3.
Unique buildings except march and embasyy now require 4.
March and embassy now require 2.
Manufactories now require 2.
- Increased number magistrates from higher tier governments.
- Improved administration and magistrates for empire.
- Comission painting now requires 25 ducats.
- More typo and bug fixes.
- Effects of badboy are now much more severe.
- Reduced regency counsil penalty to legitimacy to -0.02 (from -0.04).
- Legitimacy now also affects BB reduction and global manpower.
- Being at war now gives -0.5 magistrates.
- Increased fire modifers for galleys, esp. during the early game, to make combat faster.
- Increased basic tolerance of heretics and heathens a bit.
- Removed base magistrate gain.
- Ruler ADM now also grans 0.05 magistrates per star.
- The dissolution act modifier now provides +0.25 magistrates.
- Added events that cause damage to forts during a siege, temporary reducing fort level, local defensiveness and bump the siege by +2. Can only occur while the fort is undamaged, and damaged forts may be repaired via a province decision. High number of besieging units and offensive slider (and some other stuff) decrease MTTH, while engineer corps and defensive slider settings (and some other stuff) increase MTTH.
- Added "Repair Fort" decisions to remove the "damaged fortress" modifier early.
- Fixed an issue that allowed recently added decisions to be fired multiple times.
- Innovative <-> narrowminded: Added a -0.4 tolerance for heretics and heatens modifier.
- Liberté, Egalité, Fraternité: Added +1 tolerance for own faith.
- Divine Supremacy: Added +1 tolerance for own faith.
- Unam Sanctam: Increased papal influence to +0.1 (from +0.5).
- Privateer: Reduced blockade efficiency to 0.4 (from 0.5) per star, added +0.05 naval morale modifier (new).
- Artist: Now also provides -0.005 WE per star (new).
- Made modification compatibel with current beta patch.
- Some typo and bug fixes.
- Reduced economic impact of revolt risk a bit.
- Further refined the legitimacy system.
- Added a triggered modifier for the AI that will keep war tax related WE at bay.
- Added +0.2 legitimacy to decentralized.
- Reduced CAV cost impact from aristocracy <-> plutocracy to 0.03 (from 0.05).
- Added -1% ship cost to plutocracy.
- Added +0.05 magistrates to innovative.
- Offensive <-> defensive will now affect CAV cost (0.03 per step).
- Removed morale effect of offensive <-> defensive.
- Added -0.02 land attrition to offensive.
- Added +0.04 garrison growth to defensive.
- Added +0.02 tariffs to mercantilism.
- Increased land upkeep impact from quality <-> quantity to -0.03 (from -0.025).
- Sea Hawks: Now reduces light ship cost by 25%.
- Naval Provisioning: Replaced bonus range with -20% ship cost.
- Esprit De Corps: Reduced discipline to +10% (from +15%), increased morale to 1.0 (from 0.5).
- Engineer Corps: Added +20% fort defence.
- Land Of Opportunity: Increased growtz bonus to +33%.
- Vice Roys: Increased tariiffs to +33% (from +25%).
- Bill Of Rights: Added +0.002 legitimacy.
- Liberté, Egalité, Fraternité: Increased tax bonus to +15% (from +10%) and added +0.005 legitimacy.
- Ecumenism: Increased tolerance to 4 (from 2).
- Added 0.1 legitimacy bonus to Feudal Monarchy.
- Added 0.2 legitimacy bonus to Empire.
- Gave revolutionary events a bit more restrictive trigger values.
- Made several minor changes to event effects.
- Marshal: Reduced legitimacy bonus to 0.005 (from 0.01).
- Reduced Royal Palace legitimacy bonus to 0.005 (from 0.01) and increased build time to 36 months.
- Reduced march defensiveness to 0.66 (from 2.0), but added +2 fort levels (new).
- Further rebalanced many sliders, NIs, government types and unit types.
- Tweaked many values in staticmodifiers.txt.
- Added new decisions for Ireland, Switzerland, Hesse, The Papal State and Aragon.
- It is now possible to revoke religious decisions - for a price...
- Reworked legitimacy: Harder to gain by marriage, small bonus from several additional sources.
- Added some inept ruler modifiers for low ADM/DIP/MIL value.
- Royal marriages now increase DIP ratio a bit.
- Reduced DIP bonus from HRE to 1 (from 2).
- Reworked Civil war: Can now also trigger from low legitimacy, but increased MTTH a fair bit and reduced inital rebel spawn. Supporting the opposition will now kill off the current ruler after the civil war.
- Civil Disorder Turns Into Chaos may now trigger from low stab.
- Civil War and Total War now trigger additonal revolt risk.
- Added a few legitimacy related events (Coup d'etat...).
- Added a bonus modifer to Ireland (akin to Scotland, if IRE should ever appear).
- Reduced military tradition cost for all military advisors to 5% and increased their cultural cost to 15%.
- Investing advisors: Increased investments from to 4 ducats/* (from 3 ducats/*).
- Spymaster: Now grants an additonal 0.1 spies/* (new).
- Sheriff: Increased tax bonus from to 3%/* (from 1%/*).
- High judge: Increased RR reduction to -0.4/* (from -0.3/*).
- Alderman: Increased PE to 2%/* (from 1%/*).
- Colonel: Now grants -10% mercenary cost per star (from -5%).
- Collector: Now grants 2% TE/* (instead of 1% TE/*).
- Banker: Now also grants 2% tax/* (new) and -2% interest/* (from -1%/*).
- Lord proprietor: Now grants 3% colonial growth/* (from 2%/*).
- Pioneer: Now grants an addtional 0.05 colonists/* (new).
- Grand Admiral and Grand Captain: Increased moral bonus to 0.1/* (from 0.05/*).
- Navigator: Now also grants 5% trade range (new).
- Privateer: Increased blockade efficiency to 0.5/* (from 0.2/*).
- Inquisitor: Now also grants 0.05 missionaries/* (new).
- Ambassador: Now also grants 0.05 diplomats/* (new).
- Press Gangs: Now grants +5 naval force limit (new), decreased cost reduction to -0.33 (from -0.5).
- Grand Navy: Now grants +6 naval force limit (new), reduced nava force limit modifier to 0.66 (from 1.0).
- Sea Hawks: Added -33% cost reduction for galleys.
- Naval Glory: Now grants 0.5% prestige/a (new) and -10% naval tech cost (new).
- Naval Fighting Instructions: Now also grants 1.0 naval morale (new).
- Naval Provisioning: Now also increases colonial range by 100% (new).
- Grant Army: Now also grants 3.75 land force limit (new).
- Battlefield Commisions: Added +1 leader shock (new).
- Military Drill: Reduced moral bonus to 0.66 (from 1.0), but added 5% discipline (new).
- Engineer Corps: Now also grants +1 leader fire (new).
- Glorious Arms: Added -0.02 WE reduction (new) and 0.5% prestige/a (new).
- National Conscripts: Now grants +3750 MP, reduced global MP bonus to 0.33 (from 0.5).
- Regimental System: Now also grants 0.5 morale (new).
- Napoleonic Warfare: Decreased discipline bonus to 15% (from 25%), added 0.5 morale (new).
- Land Of Opportunity: Increased growth to 25% (from 20%).
- Merchant Adventures: Now also grants 0.5 merchants/a (new) and +33% trade range (new).
- Vetting: Reduced spy defence bonus to 0.2 (from 0.25), added 0.33 spies/a (new) and 10% spy efficiency (new).
- Bureaucracy: Added 0.25 magistrats/a (new) and now reduced gov tech cost by -5% (new).
- Espionage: Now also reduces spy cost by 20% (new) and gives +5% spy efficiency (new).
- Bill Of Rights: Added +5% PE (new).
- Liberé, Egalité, Fraternité: Added 10% tax and PE bonus (new).
- Ecumenism: Conversation events will now only trigger if an adjected province has the target religion (no more orthodox in the middle of europe).
- Patron Of Arts: Added 0.5% prestige bonus (new).
- Deus Vult: Now also gives 2.5% missionary chance (new).
- Humanist Tolerance: Now reduces stab cost by -15% (new) and gives 5% PE (new).
- Cabinet: Reduced BB reduction to -0.5 (from -1.0), added 0.5% prestige (new) and 1% cultural tradition (new).
- Revolution And Counterrevolution: Added -0.02 WE reduction (new) and +0.5 land and naval morale (new).
- Increased build cost for tier 3 and 4 to 75 ducats and build time to 24 months.
- Increased build time for tier 5 to 36 months.
- Incresed build cost for tier 6 to 200 ducats and build time to 48 months.
- Church: Added 1% missionary chance (new).
- Town Hall: Decreased spy defence to 0.1 (from 0.25), added +10% tax bonus (new).
- College: Reduced spy defence to 0.1 (from 0.25), increased RR reduction to -2 (from -1).
- Cathedral: Reduced spy defence to 0.1 (from 0.25), added 5% missionary chance (new) and 0.5% papal influence (new).
- Armory: Reduced MP bonus to +200 (from +250).
- Training Field: Reduced MP bonus to +200 (from +250).
- Barracks: Reduced MP bonus to +750 (from +1000).
- Marketplace: Added +1% pop growth (new).
- Trade depot: Added +2.5% tax bonus (new).
- Canal: Added +10% move speed (new).
- Post Office: Added +2 trade income (new).
- Tax Assesor: Increased build time to 24 months.
- Embassy: Increased build time to 24 months.
- Glorious Monument: Increased build time to 48 months.
- Grain Depot: Increased build time to 24 months.
- Royal Palace: Increased build time to 24 months and added 0.5% prestige bonus (new).
- Refinery: Now benefits from tobacco.
- Naval Equipment Manufactory: Now benefits from fish.
- Textile Manufactory: Now benefits from cotton and fur.
- Fine Arts: Now benefits from gold.
- University: Added +0.25% cultural tradition.
- Centralized <-> Decentralized now: Now affects RR.
- Serfdom <-> Free Subjects: Decreased impact on tech cost.
- Innovative <-> Narrowminded: Increased impact on tech cost.
- Mercantilism <-> Free Trade: Added +1% PE for mercantilism, reduced compete chance penalty.
- Land <-> Naval: Increased morale bonus, increased galley cost reduction to -0.05.
- Non-core provinces now only grant 50% menpower.
- Monarch stats now have a broader impact.
- Added a -1.5% base legitimacy decay (will be compensated by decent 5-5-5 ruler stats).
- War exhaustion is now much more severe.
- Countries with a regency now suffer +1 RR.
- Increased maximal war exhaustion during war to 30 (from 20), decreased maximum war exhaustion at peace to 15 (from 20).
- Capital provinces now grant +3 land and naval force limit.
- Scorched earth now results in -30% pop growth and -90% tax.
- Occupation now gives -0.05% pop growth.
- Non-Core COT: Reduced compete chance penalty, added BB gain.
- Placed merchants now decrease the number of merchants gained.
- Troop desertion now adds a bit more weight to a province.
- Despise Merchants now lowers compete chance by 5%.
- Spy Ring Infiltration now reduces spy gain by -0.25.
- Rebel Support now adds 5% RR .
- Reduced tech penalty for Defender Of The Faith to 5% (from 20%).
- Decreased DIP bonus from sphere to 0.25 per nation (from 0.5).
- Removed the "non patrolled" penalties for coastal provinces.
- Blockades now have a much larger impact on province economy.
- Missionary maintaince doubled.
- Increased ART speed to 0.85 (from 0.75).
- Increased galley speed to 6 (from 4).
- Decreased galley build time to 120 (from 180).
- Increased the max amount of mercenaries to 20 (from 12).
- Increased cardinal lifespan a fair bit.
- Increased badboy cost for revoking cores to 1 (from 0.4).
- Increased years of nationalism to 40 (from 30).
- Reduced officals for all early game government types.
- Steppe Horde: Reduces max WE by 15.
- Feudal Monarchy: Now reduces army upkeep by -10%.
- Merchant Republic: Gains a 20% bonus for compete chance from owned provinces in a COT.
- Empire: Now grants 0.33 land and naval morale.
- Noble Republic: Added -10% stab cost bonus.
- Administrative Monarchy: Added +10% tax bonus.
- Administrative Republic: Added +10% tax bonus.
- Republican Dictatorship: Added +10% tax bonus, increased land morale bonus to 0.5, increased magistrates to 1.5.
- Absolute Monarchy: Added +1 RR and +0.5 land morale.
- Constitutional Monarchy: Added -1 RR and +10% tax bonus.
- Enlightened Despotism: Added +5% tax and PE bonus.
- Bureaucratic Despotism: Added +5 BB limit and +10% tax bonus.
- Theocracy: Added +0.25 missionaries and +5% missionary chance.
- Papacy: Added 0.33 land morale and +5% missionary chance, increased prestige bonus to 1.5%.
- Revolutionary Republic: Added 0.01 land tradition, +1.0 land morale and -5 max WE.
- Revolutionary Empire: Added +1.0 land morale and -5 max WE.
- All rebels are now smart and use generals.
- Increased weight for colonial rebels from colonial tensions.
- Anti-Tax rebels no longer destroy constables.
- Effects from occupied provinces and accepted demands now last a bit longer.
- Civil War, Total War, Peasant War, Times Of Trouble and Revolution event chain have less restricted trigger requirements and will thus fire more often.
- Colonial Uprises may now occur earlier, are much more difficult to supress and give additional cores to Brazil and the USA.
- Several small changes to random events.
- Decreased the tech penalty for all countries of Indian tech group and lower.
- Land and naval tech modifiers will now progress much more smoothly.
- Increased early game supply limit a bit.
- Increased early game land fire values a bit.
- Increased galley shock a fair bit.
- Rebalanced most western army units.