+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Why and how would dismantle HRE

Why and how would dismantle HRE

Why and how would dismantle HRE.

54 games registered

CK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEUIV: Call to arms event

The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
    Why: Because you want to stop the HRE forming, or weaken a country that is an habitual emperor. When you can't become Emperor yourself (wrong government (republic for example), wrong religion). Because it's cool.

How: Occupy the capital of (ie you are currently at war and control their capital) or vassalise every elector. Occupy the capital of the Emperor. Choose the option from the HRE screen.
    Non Angelus Sed Anglus

The Barcelona-based Sport: 'Football punishes Barca - Unjust, cruel, horrible, unmerited. Any adjective is not enough to define the incredible elimination of Barca at the hands of Chelsea.'

Quote Originally Posted by ringworm View Post
    To dismantle the HRE, you need to occupy or vassalize all the electors, and then occupy the emporer's capital. Then, the option appears on the HRE window.

As to why you would do it, maybe you are sick of gigantic Austria coming to the aid of all the German OPMs that you are looking to annex.

I've noticed that AI expansion slows down to a trickle when I am emperor and superior in military and economic power. Which makes sense, from a self-preservation pov, but it makes it even easier and boring for me: Ai is paralysed and I get to pick my battles. So while I use the HRE and Emperorship in the beginning of the game, after 50/100 years I leave it. I do wonder what'd happen if I dismantled it. Is this possible when you are the emperor in DW?
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

Quote Originally Posted by sad king billy View Post
    I do wonder what'd happen if I dismantled it. Is this possible when you are the emperor in DW?
    No, you have to be an outsider to dismantle the Empire

For The Glory

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ringworm View Post
    Because l'Emperor thus ordered, and we turn his will into reality. Vive La France!

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Rome GoldSemper FiSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2

It is beneficial to dismantle the HRE if given the chance. If the AI manages to pass all of the reforms they can form the HRE, and absorb all of the member states. The last thing you need is a massive blob to appear in central Europe under one flag, especially if you're one of the other European blobs (Spain, Italy, France, UK, Russia). The last thing any of these nations wanted was a unified HRE.

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIVictoria 2Warlock: Master of the ArcanePride of Nations
    Rise of Prussia500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by th3freakie View Post
    Because l'Emperor thus ordered, and we turn his will into reality. Vive La France!
    ...I want mission for revolutionary state. "Destroy feudal relics" and get prestige and infamy loss!

First Lieutenant
    Crusader Kings IIEast India Company CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneRome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Remember one day, playing Spain, one of my allies called me for a war : Bohemia wanted to vassalized (as the last stage before HRE)...
    Unfortunately for Bohemia, all the HRE countries refused that vassalization and was in war with all little germanic states... they all one after another obtained white peace and so went out of HRE, but I didn't accept peace (I was not member of HRE after all) and went forward until I arrived in Bohemia... and I annexed it... Bye bye HRE

(if I remember well, it was my first game with HTTT)
    I play EUIII-Divine Wind, Victoria II, HoI3, East India Company, Crusader Kings, Rome
    Once, Navarra had more provinces in Africa than in Europa
    Once, Ottomans was master of Europa
    Once Portugal was a reformed theocracy
    Sorry if I make mistakes in English, it is not my mothertongue

+ Reply to Thread