• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
sure you use MR IIRC?

here are the DVIP events modded for MR, (they include events decreasing children stats)

here is another fun mod (new traits, like homosexual, epilepsy and orthodox patriarch)

this one you actually have to edit into the game. (add it manually) while the other one should be fine by just unzipping it into you CK MR :)

I also have edited my own game and added metallic CoA's for Duke's and up. if your're interested I can upload them aswell :) (they include other graphical changes aswell too many to count)

Alfredian - Well, we'll see. That really depends on traits/stats of future rulers (In case of pious zealot I would most likely continue crusading if possible).

the_hdk - Yes, I use MR. Also, apparently I had DVIP and Bopack installed, but not enabled in events.txt (facepalm). Thanks. As for gfx stuff - sure, I would gladly play with it.:)

Alfredian - Well, we'll see. That really depends on traits/stats of future rulers (In case of pious zealot I would most likely continue crusading if possible).

the_hdk - Yes, I use MR. Also, apparently I had DVIP and Bopack installed, but not enabled in events.txt (facepalm). Thanks. As for gfx stuff - sure, I would gladly play with it.:)

hehehe :D been there myself :D

I uploaded my CoA's (sadly not all Duchies have a metallic CoA as I didnt had time to find them) CoAlink

and 2nd upload is the rest of my graphics... I use different mods and put them all together and as can't remember what files I changed I uploaded the rest of gfx aswell
(new faces, background pics, castles and many many more) I take no credit for making any of them :)
gfxlink

check them out and I hope you like some of them :D

edit: If I may ask, what part of Poland are you from? :)

Mon dieu, TM! You return with a vengeance. As ever your graphic skills are on the levels of a master.

HMAS-Nameless, Milites, SplendidTuesday - Thank you. :)

the_hdk - Thanks - I'll definitely use some of this stuff. :) I'm from northern Poland, Grudziądz area to be precise.

LOGO-1.png

Przemysław I the Rash (Pochopny)
1104-1134
Duke.png
Duke of Sandomierz 1117-1134
King.png
King of Poland 1132-1134

Portert.jpg

Traits:

stubborn.png
Proud,
energetic.png
Energetic,
valorous.png
Valorous,
Misguidedwarrior.png
Misguided Warrior

Przemysław I came to the throne in year 1132, while kingdom enjoyed long period of stability. He was granted Duchy of Sandomierz at young age, and it was always his ambition to achieve, or even surpass, successes of his father. His duchy bordered with lands of Rus', which broke into several principalities independent of Kiev during early 12th century. Region known as 'Cherven towns' (pol. Grody Czerwieńskie) was often contested by Piasts and Rurikids. It was annexed by Mieszko I in year 970, then lost to Kievans in 980. Bolesław I the Brave retook it in 1018, only to be lost again in 1031 by his son. In 1091 Bożydar I annexed Przemyśl which was part of the area. Right after his coronation, eager to gain fame and pretige similar to his father's, Przemysław decided to conquer remainder of 'Cherven' by using this old claim. Principality of Kiev was merely regional power at that time, and Kholm land wasn't even directly connected to the rest of its territory.

rUS-1.jpg

South-Western Rus' in year 1132.

However, just after new king announced his territorial demands and called for his banners, Duke of Silesia Mieszko II renounced his fealty towards the crown. This complicated Przemysław's plans, as he had to march to Silesia first to defeat rebellious vassal. There was a risk of Bohemian intervention and despite his marriage to Zofka Premyslid, Czech kings still had ambitions to retake region which they once held. This gave Kievan Prince Uros I time to gather his forces, and prepare for Polish attack. Royal army clashed with Silesians during battle of Opole in early 1133. King fought among his men in front ranks, leading his heavy cavalry to decisive charge that broke enemy formation and gave him victory. Rebellious Duke perished among fleeing remnants of the rebel army. By autumn revolt was finally quelled, with Janko I Ogończyk appointed for new Duke of Silesia.

Battle-2.jpg

Siege of Kholm.

Przemysław immediately began to march with his host to the east. He finally arrived in Kholm in spring of 1134, after defeating small Kievan army which attempted to deny him crossing of fords at Wieprz river. Long journey to Silesia and back to the east, as well as many battles, greatly reduced numbers of Polish army, and main Kievan force could have arrived at any moment. Thus young king ordered his men to build ladders, rams and siege towers, to take fortified town by quick assault instead of long siege. Kholm was taken after bloody battle, but Przemysław I was mortally shot by an arrow while leading his men in the forefront once again. King died at age of 30, leaving the throne to his thirteen years old son - Kazimierz.

Marriages and children.

Zofka Premyslid (1084-)
Zofka.jpg

Zofka came from minor branch of Bohemian royal family.
- Kazimierz - born in 1121.
- Stefan - born in 1125.
- Świnnisława - born in 1126.
- Eufrozyna - born in 1127.

Last edited:
He was a King in a hurry. Przemysław I the Rash is defintely the right name.

If I was Queen Zofka I think I would be suing for peace with Kiev now. Before anyone else makes a play for the throne.

Alfredian - Indeed.

the_hdk - That's cool, I though you were native Dutch.

Ladislav - Thanks

gabor - Yep, doing my best to roleplay - though his life or death in that battle was pure gamble (50/50 chance).

Here's another update, I also added table of contents with links in opening post.

BTW - do you guys think that font size is ok, or should I increase it?

Last edited:
LOGO-1.png

Kazimierz II the Impious (Bezbożnik)
1121-1145
King.png
King of Poland 1134-1145

Portret-1.jpg

Traits:

selfish.png
Selfish,
stubborn.png
Proud,
sceptical.png
Sceptical,
Reckless.png
Reckless,
knowledgeable_tactician.png
Knowledgeable Tactician.

In the moment of king Przemysław's death his heir Kazimierz was still a boy, and queen Zofka assumed role of the regent. Despite loss of their ruler and commander, Polish army managed to capture Kholm and was still in good shape. After negotiations, Kievan prince Uros I had to accept status quo, and recognize loss of his western province. With peace being achieved, none of the vassals was willing to oppose queen-regent and his son's inheritance was secured. Kazimierz II formally assumed reign over the kingdom in year 1137.

Despite being trained mainly in the arts of war, young king pursued policy of stability and economical growth. Gold from taxes went to constructions of numerous castles, roads, developing towns, and promoting trade and craftsmanship. However, king was unhappy about privileged status of the Church, granted by his grandfather Janisław I. He reduced instances where tithe was paid, and announced that Church lands in his domain were to pay taxes and provide levies in case of war, just like any other estates. This move prompted outrage among clergy and the Pope. In spring of year 1138 bishop of Chociebuż Ludwik declared himself independent from Polish crown, and Kazimierz responded by sending an army. However, he soon received a message from papal legate, where Urban III demanded immediate case of hostilities. King ignored these threats, defeated rebellious bishop, and annexed Chociebuż land.

ydzi.jpg

'Reception of Jews by Kazimierz II', 19th century painting.

Early 12th century was a time of Crusades aimed mainly at liberating Iberia from Saracens, who managed to almost completely push Christians out of the peninsula. Jews in Western Europe suffered from passing crusaders, and many monarchs were imposing unbearable taxes or confiscating their property to finance their expeditions against Muslims. This triggered Jewish emigration, and Poland was one of their destinations. Kazimierz II guaranteed their rights by law, settling them in many towns, and giving them positions of minters, tax collectors and money lenders, which greatly contributed to growing wealth of the realm. This development created further tensions with Rome, as Pope demanded practice of usury to be limited. In year 1141 Urban III declared Third Crusade, with aim of liberating Burgos in Castille. Papal legate in Kraków presented Kazimierz II an ultimatum - he had to join crusade or be excommunicated. King ignored this blackmail, and few months later was declared 'accursed' by the head of the Church.

Knights_druzhyna.jpg

Traditional druzhyna cavalry (right) was slowly being replaced by early knights, recruited from landed nobility (left). 12th century saw changes in military equipment (kite shields instead of round ones, mail covering larger parts of the body) as well as tactics (couched lance charges).

Excommunication gave other Christian rulers, as well as Kazimierz's vassals, right to wage war against him. However, with domain consisting of whole Pomerania, Kraków, Sandomierz and Cherven land, king knew that he was feared enough to discourage his Dukes from rebelling. In year 1142 he granted his loyal brother Stefan Duchy of Pomerania, to keep northern vassals in check. To further cement his strong position, Kazimierz II issued 'Statute of Sandomierz' in year 1145, in which he increased powers of royal prerogative, giving king rights to grant and revoke titles, judge his vassals, and issue taxes however he pleases. This bold move finally triggered a rebellion, with Archbishop of Prussia and Duke of Masovia trying to oppose new law. With brewing civil war in Poland, Pope Urban III used it as an opportunity to undermine Kazimierz's power. He declared parts of Archbishopric of Prussia independent, granting them to German crusaders of Teutonic Order. Despite escalating crisis, king was confident in his ability to crush revolters and reclaim land from Teutonic knights, and in late 1145 was marching with huge army to Masovia. However, Kazimierz II perished in battle with Duke Leszek I at Płock, while trying to cross Vistula river in daring maneuver. Confusion in royal army, resulting from loss of commander, led to a defeat. Crown was to pass to his only son, three years old Bolesław.

Mapa-4.jpg

Poland in year 1145.

Marriages and children.

Walpurga von Weimar (1105-1142)
Walpurga.jpg

Walpurga was a daughter of Duke of Meissen-Saxony, she died while giving a birth to her son:
- Bolesław - born in 1142.

Last edited:
Kazimierz II the Impious (Bezbożnik) love the name :)

seemed like a good and competent king, but I fear that his stubbornness and skepticism might turn ugly for Poland in the long run.
too bad he died so quickly and his son is only 3 years old. doesn't look good :(

and yeah I grew up here in the Netherlands :) so you could say im 50/50 :p

The royal family is getting a bit short of people. Some distant cousins must be getting ready for a big inheritance.

Anyway, the font size looks fine to me. You could try taking the text out of italics if you are worried that it is hard to read.

Great as always, trashing mad! I was wondering what you were talking about when you laughed at my insistence that the rebellions would be crushed forever. Looks like Kazimierz the Impious proved me wrong. What a fun ruler! So secure in his own power that he picks fights with everyone; he's got an accurate title.

Speaking of that, I love the titles you've given your kings; they're very evocative and interesting. I suppose it helps to be Polish as well; the real-life kings seem to have had interesting titles as well; Wladyslaw the Elbow-High, anyone?

Anyway, I hope young Boleslaw will have a long and peaceful reign; Poland must feel very weak after these constant rebellions.

And yet again the puzzles have to be put together. And there are those pesky Teutonic Knights in the North.
I rather liked Kazimierz II and his scepticism. ;)
Does a minor on the throne mean some regency instability (events, penalties etc)?