+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Japan Mod

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDivine WindSengokuVictoria 2
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by mkire View Post
    i'm getting a ctd somewhere after the game processes the flags, the file currently available for download doesn't come with a .mod file, and there's a history file inside the flags folder
    Thanks! I have fixed the second and third issues in ver.0.3a.
    I dont know the reason of the first problem. Does anyone have same problem?
    Last edited by chatnoir17; 26-01-2011 at 03:50.
    Nova Monumenta Iaponiae Historica: A Sengoku Mod for CK2 (alpha 0.0.6)
    Historical 1534 scenario, original portraits, family trees between the 6th and 16th century etc. You can check alpha version video in ParadoxExtra!
    Direct Link to our Steam Workshop page.

Pax Sinica (East Asia Mod for EU4) Bella Iaponica (Japan Mod for EU4, will be updated with AoW)

Since I am a bit tired with writing history files, I tried to refine borders.
    The most borders in DW Vanilla are correct, but some borders should be changed, because they are wrong, or doesnt represent historical relations well.

Japanese old provinces

fixed Kyushu

I had quite a little to do with correcting kyushu provinces, but I dont know how many hour do I need to finish this task. Maybe for the eastern Japan I must work.
    I hope that I could report or show you more screenshots or the map next week.
    Historical 1534 scenario, original portraits, family trees between the 6th and 16th century etc. You can check alpha version video in ParadoxExtra!

Pax Sinica (East Asia Mod for EU4) Bella Iaponica (Japan Mod for EU4, will be updated with AoW)

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultElven Legacy CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuSword of the Stars
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy KnightEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by chatnoir17 View Post
    I dont know the reason of the first problem. Does anyone have same problem?
    Well, I haven't been able to start 0.3a yet, since it seems you forgot to include a CountryColours file in Common? I get an error while loading the game and clicking it CtDs.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuril View Post
    Well, I haven't been able to start 0.3a yet, since it seems you forgot to include a CountryColours file in Common? I get an error while loading the game and clicking it CtDs.
    Thanks for this report!
    I can run the mod without the countrycolours file and Units have their country colours,
    and other Mega Mods like MEIOU do not change this file, so I guess it might be not the absolute reason, but I fix them.
    (One question to everyone: Should I choose all three colours for a country?)

I also forgot adding some flags and several daimyos have no flag in the game, so I will add them.

I'm also waiting for a report of someone who could play ver.0.3a.
    If nobody can play it, I must go back to a primitive version.

EDIT:
    The map is completed. I changed some provincal connections around Kyoto. Owari and Echizen are no more the neighbours of Yamashiro.

Japan around 1560 (History files are still under construction, though.)
    Last edited by chatnoir17; 26-01-2011 at 18:44.

your .mod file for .3a doesn't have a entry for the map folder.
    Code:
    name = "Japan Mod v.0.3a"
    extend = "common"
    extend = "decisions"
    extend = "events"
    extend = "gfx"
    extend = "history"
    extend = "localisation"
    extend = "map"
    extend = "missions"
    is what i think it should look like based on looking at .mod files from other mods.

I'm going to confirm that i'm getting a CTD while the graphics are loading, but that might be my fault because i'm using a modded version of the fog of war shader and i didn't keep a backup.

Would you be willing to email me a copy of your FX folder so i can revert and test again?

your .mod file for .3a doesn't have a entry for the map folder.
    I didn't notice that I have played without "extend = map"...
    We don't need this map folder. I must remove it.

I sent you a PM.

Lt. General

You cannot use extend map in DW. That crashes the game on load.
    Event Editor, helping to ensure, the sun never sets on modding.

The Darkest Knight Darthvegeta800's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryHeir to the ThroneLost Empire - ImmortalsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome Gold
    SengokuRome: Vae Victis500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Sint-Genesius-Rode, Brabant, Belgium, 107877832566256, Sint-Genesius-Rode
    Just a suggestion but it might be interesting to have a decision to establish the bakufu. It would need a high centralization and some other requirements.

i was right, something with your mod was conflicting with my modded fog of war

Quote Originally Posted by Ilkhold View Post
    You cannot use extend map in DW. That crashes the game on load.

Sadly, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthvegeta800 View Post
    Just a suggestion but it might be interesting to have a decision to establish the bakufu. It would need a high centralization and some other requirements.
    I have already added a shogunate decision "establish new bakufu" for daimyos.
    Ashikaga has their own bakufu reform decisions.

i was right, something with your mod was conflicting with my modded fog of war
    So is it no problem without changing fog?
    I'm wondering why does it happen. All things I have changed around grafix are flags and country colours.

For The GloryHeir to the ThroneLost Empire - ImmortalsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome Gold

A good job so far it seems.
    How stable and bugfree is the mod? As I think I'm going to halt my AAR and restart with your mod. Then I can have a storybased AAR that REALLY focusses on the Sengoku Jidai.

A good job so far it seems.
    How stable and bugfree is the mod? As I think I'm going to halt my AAR and restart with your mod. Then I can have a storybased AAR that REALLY focusses on the Sengoku Jidai.
    Thanks for taking your interest in my mod! Since now I'm adding history files between 1500 - 1600, you can just play the period before the real Sengoku Jidai, but some famous clans are playable.

The unification process and other important elements of this mod work well as far as I know. If you as shogun or kampaku conquer over the half of Japan, you could unify the land diplomatically.
    Some conditions of events or decisions like bakufu reforms by the Ashikaga shogunate are too gamely, I guess now, however they work too.

If you have questions during play, please let me know, since I'm afraid that I have already made this mod too complicated.

It might be good to post a list with an overview of the major changes and the decisions/options and how they work.

Regardless I think this mod will be quite popular there are a lot of Japanese history fans out there.
    As soon as you've finished the history files i'm going to give it a go.

Been giving your mod a try, it is looking great so far

It might be good to post a list with an overview of the major changes and the decisions/options and how they work.
    Thanks for this suggestion. I'm considering how should I describe a readable overview of the mod in the first and second post of this thread.

As soon as you've finished the history files i'm going to give it a go.
    I need some phases becore the history files will be finished.
    My plans are:
    ver.0.4: -1534 + changing some shogunate systems
    ver.0.5: -1560 + events and decisions around european trade and missions
    ver.0.6: -1600 + more sengoku jidai flavor events and decisions
    ver.0.7-: I have no plan. I could work for the Edo period, or mod another asian countries.

It might not be a short way, but I will complete them, since I think that this mod must be playable even if the game beginns after 1560. It might be an interesting challenge to manage Japan between the spanish empire and the Ming dynasty.

Been giving your mod a try, it is looking great so far
    Good to hear that. Thanks

Tried the game 3x as the Takeda and 1x as the Shimazu, startdate 1399.
    I noticed the following:
    Shogun influence barely lowers and if I lower it by say 10 (event) it soon after is high again.
    After 1415 or so nothing has happened as almost everyone is locked in place still.
    I noticed one or 2 conflicts erupt at one gameplay try.
    With Shimazu the Shogun oddly enough started with about 40 or so and I was immediately attacked.
    My first Takeda playthrough I never got to do much until suddenly the Shogun and 2 or so allies attacked me and took me out in one go.

There definately seems to be the need for more ways to weaken the Shogun if you're going to use the Shogun influence as a main mechanic.
    Might just be me, but this is what I noticed so far.

If you select a later period and then go back to choose 1399 as startdate, the shogun influence is set lower.
    I have noticed that, but maybe it is a bug by DW vanilla.

I have changed parameters of shogun's and daimyo's diplomatic acitions related with the shogun influence, so daimyos can go on war if the shogun lnfluence decreases under 70. Over 90 they can not even ally each other. On the other hand, the shogun can declare war and form alliance freely.

There definately seems to be the need for more ways to weaken the Shogun if you're going to use the Shogun influence as a main mechanic.
    Might just be me, but this is what I noticed so far.
    What do you mean with "weaken the shogun"? Weaken his military power, or weaken the shogun influence?
    If you mean the former, maybe I could add a modifier which decreases the forcelimit of the shugun or a mobilise decision by daimyos.
    If the latter, I would add some events, which decreases or increases the shogun influence.

Although I understand your boring with the high shogun influence since I was also frustrated, the strong shoguns in the first half of the 15th century is basically what I intend. In 1399 the bakufu has Ashikaga Yoshimitsu, the most skillful politician of the Ashikaga shoguns. He crushed rebellions of Toki, Yamana and Ouchi, who were all strong daimyos, and named as the japanese king by Ming. The prestige of shoguns after him was also more or less high until 1493.
    On the other hand, I think I must give players more playabilities. Now I'm trying to make the play under the strong shogunate more exiting. If daimyos could not gain new provinces with war, they can increase their positions inside the bakufu, which give playes some merits.

By the way, for the first play I recommend you to choose more strong daimyos like Hosokawa, Yamana, Ouchi or Uesugi. Takeda or Shimazu are fascinating clans, but they had been week until the 16th century and not important in the Ashikaga bakufu system.
    And one more tip. Please wait for the time to expand. Ashikaga shoguns could expand his territory around 5, but if they reachs 5, they get a modifier of decreasing the shogun influence. Players could manage with it, but AI not. If he lost the influence, you can attack neighbours.

I understand what you mean. The problem is that when you're the player you're basically entirely locked as the Shogun influence in the early era doesn't drop. He basically goes to war and conquers. Problem is after 1 or 2 conquests he's already stronger than any single opponent and has allies. Hence a player locked a decade or 2 in his position is a 1 or 2 province minor that is chanceless. However if it's true his influence lowers through too many conquests that may be good. I'm going to give the game another run and see how things develop.

Also I went to the timeframe of the Oda Clan popping up, it's heraldry was blank on the faction selection map. Is this correct? (as in you didn't put in a banner yet?)

In any case I like the work so far. Given some finetuning this will be a most excellent mod.

I understand what you mean. The problem is that when you're the player you're basically entirely locked as the Shogun influence in the early era doesn't drop.
    When I bought DW and begann to make this mod I thought that the diplo actions to the emperor "weaken/strengthen shogun" would be more effective, but with "Weaken shogun" command the shogun influence drops only a few. And "Strengthen shogun" command doesn't appear when I have added it into the shogunate.txt.
    So I have decided to add some decisions and events which can control the shogun influence. With these actions player could do roleplays as a loyal or disloyal vassal of the shogun. Offcourse it is still a plan though.

The crests of Oda and Asakura must be added. I have simply forgotten.
    Now I'm correcting the positions for the new map. I will release the ver.0.3b with this map and some small fixes.

Quote Originally Posted by chatnoir17 View Post
    When I bought DW and begann to make this mod I thought that the diplo actions to the emperor "weaken/strengthen shogun" would be more effective, but with "Weaken shogun" command the shogun influence drops only a few. And "Strengthen shogun" command doesn't appear when I have added it into the shogunate.txt.
    So I have decided to add some decisions and events which can control the shogun influence. With these actions player could do roleplays as a loyal or disloyal vassal of the shogun. Offcourse it is still a plan though.

The crests of Oda and Asakura must be added. I have simply forgotten.
    Now I'm correcting the positions for the new map. I will release the ver.0.3b with this map and some small fixes.
    I like those ideas a lot.
    It would be interesting indeed. Perhaps boost relationship with the Shogun if you support him?
    If you do something radical that blatantly attacks him and gives him say a -20 or so in one go, he instantly gains a cassus belli?

EDIT: Btw I'm not sure if DW already inclused this but it might be interesting to add in some events that are 'fluffy' and/or expand on the existing ones.
    Develop the westernization aspect a bit. It might also be interesting to add in events regarding religion like favoring Christianity, Shinto or Bouddhism. Trying to limit the influence of say the Buddhist Warrior-sects by supporting the Christians or vice versa.
    It could add an extra layer of flavor.

Shogun Total War had a nifty little approach. Conservative meant support of the warrior monks and christianity meant access to guns.
    Perhaps supporting Christianity gives easier westernization but with serious penalties given the fact it is not mass supported.
    Supporting Buddhism would lead to extra manpower/stability or something?
    While Shinto and controlled westernization would be a slow but stable middle way?
    Last edited by Darthvegeta800; 28-01-2011 at 22:28.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast