• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Yeah, now it looks promising ;)

Well, Ayutthaya borders Vijayanagara at Johor only so I dont think they can do much

Oh Hedjaz, why do you always manage to get yourself into the silliest alliances?
Good job pushing them back though.

It was weird to find Hedjaz allied to Vijayanagara cause they cant even help each other much, I wonder if that alliance was against me

The vultures got attracted to Vija's body, no doubt the smell of the war exhaustion having lured them. This means Oman might actually get something out of this conflict!

Probably, but as I said before Ayutthaya cant really do much, however this will give Vijayanagara another navy to deal with

Chapter 37: 1605

After regaining Oman's mainland territory the army marched to liberate Oman's most faithful ally, Haasa, the indian army there was rather large, well trained and led by India's most capable general, they were not used to the harsh desert climate of the arabian peninsula, Oman's technological advantage even with badly-implemented european organization were enough to beat the indian army, their cavalry suffered heavy casualties due to the hit and run tactics used by omani noble cavalry who used muskets

eu326.jpg

eu327.jpg

Vijayanagara's navy was involved in a war with the smaller but still large Thai navy, this gave way to the omani navy to transport the soldiers in Socotra over to New Oman, the small indian cavalry scouting around Mogadishu were intercepted in the forests by the landing omani troops and were routed back to the city where they surrendered

eu328.jpg

In order to support the war Sayf II lowered the taxes since he didnt need their income as he already had large war subsidies from Baluchistan, Ottomans and even Mameluks

eu329.jpg

Oman recieved a big blow when Krishna got his revenge in the battle of Majerteen, the omanis thought that they will be able to easily route the Indians as they did in previous battles but they were quickly surrounded by indian cavalry and fought in a disadvantegous terrain, the indian cavalry retreated after hearing musket shots giving way for the omanis to retreat

eu330n.jpg

The sultan did a rather weird move by exploiting the governor's and noble's participation in the war by increasing his power, this incited a rebellion in Majerteen, at this same time the indian army under Krishna was heading to Mogadishu to crush what remained of the omani army when they saw the pretender army and thought it was another omani army, the sultan was extremly lucky as he managed to pit his enemies against each other, however the defeat of the pretender was not better than an indian defeat because the indian army was better organized and more powerful, the omanis managed to defeat the small supporting indian army who was surprised to not see the main army present at the battlefield and was crushed
The victory did not change the course of the campaign even after finding Ya'rub Mustafa who seemed to be quite clever in military affairs because the indian army was too large in comparsion to the weak and demoralized omani army

eu331.jpg

eu332a.jpg

eu333.jpg

eu334.jpg

You tease! Tell us how the war ended. ;) I do feel you're determined to get something out of the conflict. If you just wanted to wiggle out, I think you might have concede defeat and call it quits. Viha's we must be so high they would accept. Maybe show us the war score screen?

Good update, still can't see the outcome of the war.
Glorious suspense!

You seem to have no problems with manpower...

... but hopefully the war exhaustion will not accumulate too much.

4 WE was the highest I got during this war

You tease! Tell us how the war ended. ;) I do feel you're determined to get something out of the conflict. If you just wanted to wiggle out, I think you might have concede defeat and call it quits. Viha's we must be so high they would accept. Maybe show us the war score screen?

Hehe.... if I tell you how it ends it wont be fun, I dont want to quit the war cause its the only big war I've had so far, Im bored of peace :)

Chapter 38: 1605-1608

The defeat in New Oman became a minor setback after the news of the capture of Bahrain, Oman now held all the important bases that India could use to quickly attack Oman's mainland which stopped any major offensive strategies India could excute to strike mainland Oman for a period of time

eu335.jpg

The omanis now waited until the sea was clear of large indian navies to land in Mogadishu, the omani navy made a very lucky escape and landed omani troops on Mogadishu in may 1606

eu336.jpg

Krishna Dasari underestimated the omanis and thought that he'll gain a very easy victory against omani troops who were still landing in a disorganized manner, however things didnt go as he planned and it took him several hours to call back all the troops, by the time he began his offensive the omanis had already re-organized themselves, his offensive was rather successful at the start but he soon discovered that omani cavalry used the dense rainforests to go behind his army to surround it and force him to surrender
India was shocked after these horrible news and made peace with Ayutthaya, ceding them land, giving them money, and allowing them to establish a tiny ally at western india who controlled no more than 1 province, indians now could centeralize their efforts on Oman

eu337.jpg

The omani army quickly captured the northern parts of New Oman and cleaned it of all remaining indian armies, Ethiopia also secured an alliance with Oman after seeing these great victories, hoping that they'll guarantee its independence

eu338.jpg

eu339.jpg

The omani navy tried to seize the moment when 4 indian ships and 1 hedjazi ship passed near Aden to destroy that navy and allow free movement for the omani transport fleet, however the omanis were dealt an unexpected defeat and, after hearing of these unfortunate news, the governors blamed the sultan and his centeralized policies as well as demanding more power, after negotiating with them the sultan agreed to halt the modernization
this battle confirmed the weakening status of the omani navy which made the sultan even more determined to reform it

eu340.jpg

eu341.jpg

After negotiating with Swahili, Sayf II managed to gain military access from them and made the army march towards Quelimane, the victory was quickly exploited by invading Hedjaz itself to make use of the morale drop after the defeat overseas the hedjazis suffered

eu342x.jpg

eu343.jpg

At this point of the war India and China became severly impoverished and rebel infested areas in asia, the war costs were far too much for these 2 large empires to handle and it seemed unlikely that either of them will be able to survive these painful blows, Vijayanagara was effectively losing control over its lands and the big navy was useless in this case
However, that didnt mean Vijayanagara was over yet, the indians have seized New Qatar which had to be retrived, the omani transport fleet could not leave its port because it was blocked, both Portugal and Mutapa refused to give military access to Oman

eu344.jpg

There was no way for Oman to retrive its colony unless it goes through Portuguese or Mutapan territory, Sayf II decided to declare war on Mutapa since declaring war on Portugal would bring Oman too much troubles, he expected to overrun Mutapa easily but the nation had learned from its previous defeats at the hands of the portuguese and built portuguese-style forts as well as slightly modernizing the army, this could be troublesome to Oman

eu345.jpg

:eek: What is your war exhaustion? Declaring a war you accure some more. Even with a cb, right? That is a cunning plan - to declare another war while the first feels sort of undecided. There is hoping Matupa's forces are way inferior.

Ah yes, the solution to war: MORE WAR!
But they shouldn't be that difficult, and might provide a useful vassal to release as insurance.
I think you have the upper hand though, look at all of those rebels...

:eek: What is your war exhaustion? Declaring a war you accure some more. Even with a cb, right? That is a cunning plan - to declare another war while the first feels sort of undecided. There is hoping Matupa's forces are way inferior.

My war exhaustion is quite low, the highest I got was 4 war exhaustion last time I checked and it cant be higher right now cause when Vija was invading mainland Oman my war exhaustion was just 2.4

Ah yes, the solution to war: MORE WAR!
But they shouldn't be that difficult, and might provide a useful vassal to release as insurance.
I think you have the upper hand though, look at all of those rebels...

Their forts will be annoying, though

Chapter 39: 1608-1609

New Qatar was restored to omani rule after the army marched through Mutapan territory without getting military access, which caused Mutapa to declare war thinking that Oman was weakend due to its war with Vijayanagara and defeating Oman would give Mutapa large prestige that might scare off the portuguese

eu346.jpg

After regaining their colony, the omanis attacked Mutapa before it does, capturing Uteve and crushing a large Mutapan army outside Zimbabwe, the capital of Mutapa, which was also laid seige to

eu347.jpg

Hedjaz accepted peace with Oman, there was nothing Hedjaz could offer to it so it was a white peace

eu348.jpg

Omani forces under Ya'rub Mustafa crushed another mutapan army near Quelimane with only 9 casualties on the omani side, the war was becoming a clear omani victory and an extremly embarassing defeat for Mutapa, meanwhile, persians in Shiraz rose up in rebellion against omani and indian rule

eu349.jpg

Mutapa continued to raise more armies with the aid of the african warrior spirit which allowed more and cheaper recruits for the army, it served Mutapa nothing however other than slowing down its defeat
Morocco requested Oman to come to its aid in a war against muslim powers, Oman had to reject this for clear reasons

eu350.jpg

The time for peace has come, Mutapa was forced to pay a very large war reparation while Vijayanagara was asked to cede Bahrain and Socotra to Oman

eu351.jpg

eu352.jpg

eu353.jpg

After the war, Sayf II expanded New Oman further south by creating a colony at a territory known as Delagoa Bay by europeans, it was renamed to Bahrain al Jadida

eu354.jpg

Vijayanagara collapsed and had to cede to all rebel demands, with the creation of very abnormal borders that will definetly lead to future wars, which Oman could probably make use of .....

eu355.jpg

very abnormal borders that will definetly lead to future wars, which Oman could probably make use of .....
Congrats on your victory!
Huh, the time has (finally) come to make a foray into the rich lands of India; and beat Europeans to it! Matupa will gladly help funding the advanture I guess ...repeatedly ;)

I don't know if someone informed you that you've won the Weekly AAR Showcase? It's customary that the winner chooses a new winner after about a week (preferably the coming weekend).

Last edited:
Congrats on your victory!
Huh, the time has (finally) come to make a foray into the rich lands of India; and beat Europeans to it! Matupa will gladly help funding the advanture I guess ...repeatedly ;)

;) I wasnt actually thinking about turning Mutapa into my bank but yeah I guess Oman could always find some sort of a casus-belli to use when its short on money :p

Well done.
If you're still in fit shape for war, it might be a good idea to grab Ceylon, before a ton of the new factions guarantee it.

Sadly I dont have a casus-belli on anyone in India so I will try to ally a weak indian country to get me into wars that I can exploit, I dont really need new lands right now though, it slows down my tech and Im not getting missionaries so I need to move towards narrowminded for some time before I can convert my provinces to Shi'ite

Chapter 40: 1610-1615

After the war, Oman focused on gaining new colonies again, settlers were sent south of New Bahrain to colonize a new territory Omanis called New Sohar

eu32z.jpg

Baluchistan asked Oman to join it in its war against Ak Koyunlu, Oman accepted the call but there were no battle or confrontations in this war, so Oman left the war quickly

eu33.jpg

eu34z.jpg

After finishing its imaginary war with Ak Koyunlu, Baluchistan declared war on Vijayanagara and asked Oman to join, Sayf II declared war on vijayanagara hoping to gain a colony in India

eu35a.jpg

Because Vijayanagara could still maintain a massive navy, omani troops had to land in Baluchistan and from there go through India to reach Vijayanagaran soil

eu36.jpg

eu37y.jpg

eu38c.jpg

The omani army quickly covered large Vijayanagaran areas in a short time and rapidly attacked the growing Vijayanagaran army in Bangalore before it could properly form, Thimma II Shin was a rather decent cavalry general but he couldnt use his infantry properly which led to a defeat against the moreo rganized and betetr equipped forces of Abu al Hasan Jomaa

eu39.jpg

Thimma attempted ot cut the omani supply routes by re-capturing Raichur Doab region, eventhough he prepared his defences well for the coming omani attack, his infantry was quite disorganized unlike his rather decent cavalry regiements but because he didnt have a mostly cavalry army he was defeated once again

eu310.jpg

Abu al Hasan followed him to Mysore where he (Thimma) was defeated for the last time in this war and the region of Mysore was captured, Vijayanagara was now defeated once again

eu311.jpg

Sayf II was quite angered when he heard that Baluchistan had signed a peace treaty with Vijayanagara, they proposed that their alliance will leave Vijayanagaran territory but Vijayanagara will be forced to release Travancore which served as a Baluchistani puppet in southern India, Sayf felt that he was used by Baluchistan to acheive its own goals and steal all the glory to itself without him gaining anything which made him determined to show them who is the leader of this alliance ... If it lasts

eu312.jpg

Chapter 41: 1615-1618

Sayf II wanted to confirm his sultanate's status as the only power in the arabian peninsula, to do so he had to forge its influence on its neighbours which would bring him into an influence war with the Jalayrids, Ottomans and possibly Mameluk sultans, however, Sayf II was not afraid of these nations as he believed that his sultanate's well-organized army and complex economy were enough to deal with any neighbouring power, for after all, he defeated Vijayanagara and humiliated it twice, eventhough this didnt raise his sultanate's status in the eyes of the other rulers much since they refused to admit that it was Oman's victory and claimed it was a rebel victory, Sayf was determined to show them that they are dead wrong and that Oman is definetly not the backward, weak and decenteralized tribal mess it was in the 14th century, it is now a regional power and anyone who refuses to aknowledge that will be disappointed

eu31.jpg

Sayf became mroe religious as he grew up and could now fully understand what Oman's countless imams were preaching to, he also began to believe that in order to make his people more willing to accept the extremly innovative (for its time and place) ways of ruling his ancestors have looked for and acheived, he has to show them that hes a pious man ruling a pious nation who wants to resurrect the centuries-old power of islam to where it started, the arabian peninsula

eu32.jpg

And what chance could be better to express that than grouping the prominent heads of the new religions and publicly bash them using the teachings of Islam? this wont only show that the sultan is more civillized than probably every ruler at his time by not burning them at the stake, but also makes the people of Oman more willing to accept what their ruler does because they no longer view the ruling family as heretics or even heathens

eu33h.jpg

Gold was discovered in New Sohar, eventhough Oman had countless mines of gold and riches around its and others territory in Africa, Sayf II failed to make good use of this very advantegous situation, this left Portugal and other european nations a good source of income by influencing the local rulers

eu34.jpg

Baluchistan began another senseless war and brought Oman to fight or it again, eventhough Sayf was looking for influence in India to make sure no nation there utilises the endless resources it has, Baluchistan made good use of his army in the last war to acheive its goals as it was "the war leader" and therefore controleld the negotiations, however, Sayf was willing to trust them this time as they promised that Oman would gain something out of the peace this time

eu35.jpg

Sayf immediately asked for military access from Vijayanagara to liberate it from the Thai invasion and also invade Bundelkhand, Sayf wanted to gain positive influence on Vijayanagara this way but it signed peace imemdiately after accepting to give military access to Oman to make sure it doesnt get any influence in Vijayanagaran land

eu36.jpg

eu37m.jpg

eu38o.jpg

The Thai used their vast naval superiority to land forces outside Muscat itself, this forced omani forces to retreat back instantly to relieve the besieged capital

eu39.jpg

The Thai swordsmen were shocked at the sight of advanced firearms and organized lines they couldnt break, at the news of the failed invasion, Ayutthaya asked the Ming dynasty to join on their side in the conflict, Ming reluctantly accepted and in exchange it would handle the important negotiations of the war
Sayf was outraged at these news, he couldnt gain anything out of the war now since hes a minor participant in this war and any big efforts he will do will be too much risk for another sultanate's glory

eu310.jpg