• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
In HTTT, on Hard difficulty, Oman was definitely very difficult for me (though I did play with random "Lucky Nations," and the Ottomans won that lottery and were an absolute terror... though this may not happen to you since you're not playing Lucky Nations).

I'll be interested to see how things go in DW...

In HTTT, on Hard difficulty, Oman was definitely very difficult for me (though I did play with random "Lucky Nations," and the Ottomans won that lottery and were an absolute terror... though this may not happen to you since you're not playing Lucky Nations).

I'll be interested to see how things go in DW...

I dont play on hard difficulty or lucky nations because it makes the game unfair for me, Oman is very weak in every way you look at it except its geopolitical area, the best thing to do with Oman is to colonize IMO

Chapter 5: 1424-1430

The Nabhanid royal blood was further extended to anatolia

eu31ou.jpg

On April 1426 Oman accepted the annexation offer from the Beni Yas region

eu32.jpg

The next year Liwa also became a region of Oman, the omani nobles were very pleased with these news but they wanted to extend Omans borders to include the bahrain region as well

eu33.jpg

The map of the area in 1427

eu34.jpg

Barakat I felt that the army should be expanded to be able to protect Oman's new borders

eu35w.jpg

Oman funded its merchants as much as possible but because of very high competivity and other merchants arriving to africa, Oman's merchants faced troubles

eu36.jpg

I'll declare war on Najd

eu37.jpg

Maybe not ...:mad:

Maybe you can lure them into a war by insulting them repeatedly.

Chapter 6: 1431-1432

Barakat I tried to keep Oman as centeralized as possible, this caused very large rebellions against him because the nomad nature of bedouin arabs made the society quite decenteralized with each tribe having its own leader, who usually was the eldest person in the tribe

However, Barakat insisted that Oman should be ruled by a centeralized government led by the sultan to make sure Oman stays peaceful, the Nabhanids had the dream of transforming Oman from a nomad raiding party to a rich sultanate dependent on trade, to do so they had to attract nomad to settle in cities and villages and abandon their old ways of living, sadly, the Nabhanids were forced to fight for their dream

eu38a.jpg

eu39.jpg

In August 1431, Hedjaz went to war with Mentese and Karaman, Oman reluctantly accepted to join Hedjaz in its imaginary war, but soon it turned into a real war ...

eu310f.jpg

eu311.jpg

The Najdi navy was crushed by the Omani navy outside Doha, the Omanis attacked fishermen to force Najd into peace

eu312.jpg

eu313.jpg

However, Hedjaz made a separate peace with Najd, Hedjaz agreed to give Qatar back to Najd without asking Oman which greatly angered Barakat

eu314.jpg

I knew these provs would defect to you, well, they don't make you much richer, do they? ;)
As for Hedjaz, well that's the alliance leader for you. With every expansion I hoped the devs would do sth about it, in vain. It's pointless to assist your ally in war if you're not the al, unless for roleplay purposes.

I knew these provs would defect to you, well, they don't make you much richer, do they? ;)
As for Hedjaz, well that's the alliance leader for you. With every expansion I hoped the devs would do sth about it, in vain. It's pointless to assist your ally in war if you're not the al, unless for roleplay purposes.

Eventhough they dont make me richer and slow my tech research, they do give me manpower which I badly need

Chapter 7: 1434-1441

After the Mameluke sultanate finally managed to capture the ethiopian highlands, the mameluke sultan decided to convert ethiopains to islam, a move that Oman strongly opposed in secret because if mamelukes held ethiopia they could cause huge problems to the future Omani africa

eu31.jpg

In 1434, Barakat ordered to build armouries in little oman to increase the available manpower for Oman, Oman was sparesly populated which made transforming Oman into a regional power a hard task

eu32.jpg

As the time passed, Oman became more and more dependent on trade, by 1435 trade was more profitable than taxes and production combined, eventhough Oman now had a real economy, it was prone to collapse if Persia for example blocked trade with Oman

eu33o.jpg

In 1437 the Ottoman army occupied Lisbon when Ottoman empire was at war with Portugal in an attempt to bring muslim rule to Iberia again

eu34m.jpg

This wave of muslim successes made Oman feel safe enough to join Delhi in a war against a Hindu coalition, eventhough the combined army of Oman, Malwa, Gujarat, Baluchistan and Delhi were hopelessly outnumbered

eu35c.jpg

eu36l.jpg

A bunch of Bedouins rebelled against Oman in Sharjah, seeking unification with Najd

eu37y.jpg

eu38.jpg

Realising it had nothing to gain out of this war, Oman agreed to a white peace with the hindu coalition

eu39.jpg

Last edited:
This is a cool AAR! I like it. Great job and I hope you are succesful in your ambitions!

Oman cannot into space ;(

Chapter 8: 1442 - 1443

Nobles demanded a payment for their efforts to reform Oman ... Barakat was unaware that his piss-poor country had nobles but he payed them anyway to show-off his noble class which didnt exist in the rest of arabia

eu310.jpg

However, this made the rest of the population quite angry, this led to an organized bedouin rebellion

eu311q.jpg

eu312.jpg

eu313.jpg

The mameluke sultanate made a defensive alliance with Oman, the mamelukes were apparently afraid of Persian successes and wanted to stop them from invading arabia

eu314t.jpg

Chapter 9: 1446-1449

Omani traders expanded their trade into Kilwa

eu31s.jpg

Persia called its ally Oman to help her in its invasion of India, Oman happily accepted, seeking gains from this war

eu32u.jpg

eu33i.jpg

However, the war ended too soon

eu34.jpg

Delhi was attacked by another Indian coalition, Oman decided to interferre to icnrease its prestige

eu35.jpg

eu36.jpg

Oman defeated an attempted Orissan invasion, Omani fleet attempted to chase the Orissan fleet but couldnt catch up and decided to return to Oman fearing a trap

eu37u.jpg

eu38.jpg

eu39.jpg

Feelign that the war was hopeless to win, Barakat ordered his soldiers to deal as much damage as they can to the indians as they attempt to save Kutch

eu310i.jpg

The last attempt Oman made to gain territory in India at this war was doomed when the Orissan fleet defeated the Omanis, fortunately for Oman the fleet returned to Oman without losing any ships

eu311.jpg

The Omani army attempted to liberate the region of Sind from Rajput control, however, the army of Gondwana appeared nearby and the Omanis decided to return to Kutch, the Gondwanis followed them there feeling that victory was a certainty

eu312m.jpg

eu313.jpg

The omani victory was shocking, no one has expected the Omani army to win the battle of Kutch, eventhough the victory brought much prestige to Oman, it did nothing to change the tide of the war, but Oman acheived its goal of keeping its prestige high
Sadly, Barkat's brother died at the battle, his death was the reason that made Omanis fight to the end at Kutch, so Barakat crowned his son as the heir to Oman and Swahili

eu314.jpg

The indian coalition offered peace to Oman, which it happily accepted

eu315.jpg

Last edited:
Though you conquered no land,you have brought glory to your name! Go spread Omani awesomeness to the 4 corners of the square globe!